Chapter 22

To The Beautiful You - My Version

Author’s POV

“You byuntae sissy! How dare you Krystal in broad daylight…” Tae Joon pulled Jae Hee up and rammed his fist into Jae Hee’s jaws.

“Stop…” Krystal made a feeble attempt to clear up the misunderstandings but no one heard her.

“How dare you hit…”

“Get lost!” Tae Joon, whose back was facing the source of the voice, swung his arm violently. The owner of the voice was flung to the ground.

“Sulli!” Eun Gyeol rushed to Sulli’s side, “Kang Tae Joon! This is too much! How can you hit a girl?!”

Jae Hee turned Tae Joon around and walloped his cheekbones. “That’s for hurting my sister.”

“I… I didn’t know it’s a girl. If I do, I won’t hit her,” Tae Jun rubbed his bruised cheeks, “I’m not a hypocrite like you. What’s all that talk about treating girls with basic respect (Chapter 10)? You don’t seem to practise what you preach.”

“What are you babbling about? You started the fight first!” Sulli came to Jae Hee’s defence.

“Yes I saw that too,” Eun Gyeol joined in.

“Your oppa is trying to your best friend. I am sav…”

“Listen to me!” Krystal finally found some strength to speak up, “I accidentally pulled Jae Hee down because I was dizzy. He’s innocent.”

“Gwenchana, Jung?!” upon hearing the word “dizzy”, Sulli hurried to Krystal’s side.

“Tae Joon! Jae Hee! Why are you still HERE?!” Mr Baek’s booming voice startled everyone like thunder, “Break is over, don’t you know that?”

“Joisonghamnida, Baek Seon Saeng nim,” Tae Joon and Jae Hee bowed apologetically.

“Tae Joon! Your face is bruised. Jae Hee! Your mouth is bleeding. Did both of you have a fight?” Mr Baek looked in the direction of Krystal and Sulli, “Over girls?”

Tae Joon and Jae Hee lowered their heads in remorse.

“Stay back after training today and run 10 rounds, araseo?!”

“Ye, Baek Seon Saeng nim,” Tae Joon and Jae Hee gave each other dirty looks.

As Jae Hee made his way back to his training ground, Krystal grabbed his arm, “Jae Hee, I’m sorry. You got beaten up and punished wrongfully because of my clumsiness.”

“It’s ok. You ain’t clumsy. You are just feeling unwell,” Jae Hee forced a smile despite the pain on his jaws.

“How’s your mouth? Tae Joon’s hit is viciously hard, isn’t it?” Sulli examined her brother’s wound.

Jae Hee patted Sulli’s head, “Don’t worry about me. Krystal needs you more. You must take good care of her, ok?”

“Aigensumida!” Sulli pulled Krystal closer to her and saluted, “I will help you to look after YOUR Krystal, so don’t worry too much. Just focus on your training.”

Jae Hee and Krystal sweat dropped on hearing that.

“I… I don’t mean that. Nevermind… I’m returning back to training before Baek Baek Seon Saeng nim gets mad again,” Jae Hee sprinted towards the training ground.

“My training is starting too. See ya,” Eun Gyeol waved at the girls.

“Hwaiting for Korea!” Sulli waved back. So did Krystal.

As Sulli and Krystal made their way out of the stadium, they passed by Tae Joon’s fangirls.

“After Tae Joon oppa had given his heart fully to Krystal, she betrayed him by making out with another guy!” Fan Girl A scowled.

“Precisely. She even made them fight over her and got punished in the process. What a two-timing !” Fan Girl B added on, earning nods of approval from the surrounding fangirls.

Krystal was close to tears when she heard that. In the face of injustice done to her friend, Sulli charged towards Fan Girl B and seized her collars. “Krystal isn’t even going out with Tae Joon. Before you insult someone, get the facts right!”

Sulli’s towering height, combined with her now enraged expression, did look intimidating enough to deter the other fangirls from helping their friend.

“Seon Saeng Nim! Help! Sulli is beating me up!”

“Since you say so, I might as well trash you upside down,” Sulli was about to punch Fan Girl B’s face when Krystal stopped her.

“Sulli, don’t do that,” Krystal pleaded, “Jae Hee already got punished because of me. I don’t want you to go through the same fate as well. Please.”

Sulli released Fan Girl B’s collar. “Remember, Krystal saved your mug from looking worse than it already is.”