Deal

Night Encounter

It was Sunday. After the embarrassing event last Friday, yesterday Winter spent the whole day cleaning up her apartment. Even though it's not that messy, (a certain woman is just too obsessed with hygiene) she decided to clean all spots and places even more with those places she never reached nor touched either. Indeed it was tiring, as it's been a while since the last time she overworked herself for cleaning. But if it's able to make a certain someone visit her apartment, then why not? It's worth the sweats. 

After washing up, Winter slouched down on the couch while her eyes roaming around her apartment. 

At the thought of the older girl, her mind traveled to her tall figure that had been bugging her mind for the past few days. She wondered what the taller girl was doing at the moment.

Winter glanced towards the hanging wall clock – 08.15 AM.

The thought of visiting the latter popped out in her mind.

Well, I assume she's already awake at this hour.

 

xx

 

Jimin on the other hand was still asleep after spending her time doing her assignments till dawn.

She thought, finishing all her assignments on Saturday would get her whole Sunday free from assignments. But she didn't expect it would take until dawn… blaming a certain someone who got her in a lot of troubles on the previous night.

With all the curtains still blocking the glass window all around her apartment, Jimin shifted in her sleep as she pulled the cover above her head.

Her apartment was filled with comforting deafening silence until certain knocks ruined the peaceful atmosphere.

Being a light sleeper, Jimin caught the annoying knocking sound immediately.

Just let it be… once or twice, they will go away…

But to her expectation, the knocking sound wouldn't stop anytime soon.

Jimin groaned, she tried to muffle the sound by blocking her ears with her pillow but to no avail.

"Urgh! It's better to be something important." She tossed her blanket aside and walked to the door still with her cute pink socks attached to her feet.

Not really minding who's behind the door, she opened the door slightly, to see who dared to disturb her sleep after her rough night.

"What is it?"

"Oh, you are still asleep?"

Jimin who had been familiarized with this voice for the past few days forcefully opened her eyes and shot her infamous glare towards the younger girl.

"WERE. Now that you have woken up the hell out of me, what do you want?!"

Winter kinda expected this situation though. Waking up the taller girl from her sleep would only get herself to be faced up with grumpy Jimin who she enjoyed to annoy with for no reason.

"Ah, I see. Okay, now that you're awake, can I come inside? I'm bored and–" before Winter could finish, Jimin already dismissed her and was about to close the door until one of Winter’s feet came in between the door and the door frame.

"Yah! Can you go away? I want to sleep!"

"It's 8 AM already unnie, why going back to–"

When her annoyance had reached her limits and turned into frustration, Jimin kicked away the foot that was blocking in the way and pushed the door without caring about other things until a shriek followed by a crying sound was heard from the younger girl outside.

Jimin immediately re-opened the door to find the younger girl was crouching down while holding onto the bruised hand – bearing the pain that started to get real.

Winter had gotten her fingers of her right hand bruised after leaving them stuck on the door frame of Jimin's apartment – and being pressed in between when Jimin carelessly slammed the door shut pretty hard.

With tears began pooling in the corner of her eyes, Jimin knew she… ed up.

 

xx

Now they're both in Jimin's apartment.

Jimin just brought Winter to the clinic on the ground floor earlier after knowing the effect of what she had done earlier.

Her heart felt heavy at the sight of the younger girl with a cast wrapped around her fingers – once in a while still choking up after wasting a good amount of tears crying in the clinic earlier while getting treated. Cheeks were already stained with dried tears.

"I'm so sorry…" Jimin gazed at the latter who's avoiding her stare. It's visible on her face that she felt guilty and worried at the same time.

Winter on the other hand couldn't blame the taller girl either. If she weren’t being a nuisance in the morning for Jimin, she wouldn't get herself in this kind of unexpected incident.

But Winter, avoiding Jimin's eyes, it's not because she's mad or what, she just couldn't bear to see how guilt was so visible in the taller girl's eyes. Not to mention her I'm sorry. It's totally Winter’s fault yet here she is apologizing and feeling guilty.

Winter shook her head. She wiped the remaining tears and braced herself to face the older girl.

"No, i-it's not your fault unnie… I should be the one to say sorry for troubling you." It's not even a mere second Winter already looked away from the latter's gaze.

Aa I think I really need to stop messing up with her life… there will only be troubles that keep coming.

 

Then the both of them fell into silence. Both minds were busy running to think about what they will do next.

"Aren't you gonna tell your parents about it? It got small fractures around your fingers" Still with worried eyes, Jimin faced her with hands clasped together trying to ease her worries. 

Hearing the words parents rolled out from Jimin's tongue, Winter glanced up only to look away after that. A small I don't know was heard.

"Did you even tell your parents about a creep that followed you the other night?"

Winter shook her head. 

Jimin didn't want to press harder even though she's desperate to know why. It’s already related to the younger’s safety though. But Winter knew her curiosity well. She explained the reason for the older girl.

"I don't know. I'm afraid to get scolded. Or worse being moved out."

"But about this one, shouldn't they know about this? I mean it's affecting your study… and it's not just a mere accident with minor damage. You got your fingers fractured, Winter,"

"I knooow…. But I don't know what to do…" frustratedly Winter buried her face as she pulled both of her knees onto the couch hugging it for support.

Expecting the older girl wouldn't say something, for the time being, Winter stood up, "at least it's treated already. It's just small fractures, supposed to heal quickly. So I'll just figure it out myself while waiting for it to be healed, unnie. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be going." 

Winter bowed a little before walking away to the main door direction.

"No, stop right there, Winter." Jimin raised from her seat as well.

“Huh?”

Jimin approached her and pulled her to sit back on the couch. The confused Winter just complied, waiting for the older girl to say something more.

“Okay, I’m totally responsible for what I did to your fingers.”

Jimin already guessed what kind of parents the younger girl has. Probably one of the reasons why she's not planning on letting her parents know. So trying to understand the situation better for the younger girl, Jimin tried to do anything to help, to be responsible for what she had caused.

Winter who’s sensing where this topic was going to, in, “No unnie, seriously. You’ve done your responsibility here. They’re treated already, just waiting to heal.”

“But–”

“And it’s my fault, I told you. If I didn’t crash into your door this morning then this wouldn’t happen.” Winter unconsciously pouted while brushing her casted fingers, rewinding the incident this morning.

Why she’s so cute… but she’s so annoying to most of the time.

“Okay, let’s make a deal here.”

Winter’s ears perked up at the mention of “deal”.

“What deal unnie?”

Thinking for a few seconds, Jimin took a deep breath before speaking, “I’ll try to find a way to help you with everything until your fingers get healed, but after that… you will need to stop bugging me anymore.” Jimin said the last part after looking away from the younger girl.

She thought she needed to stop meeting the younger girl as whenever they meet, their life will only collide with troubles happening.

Winter on the other hand didn’t expect that coming. Does she mean not seeing each other anymore? Is she really that anti of me? Fine… I think that’s the best.

After letting out a fake laugh to ease the tension that she didn’t know was created, Winter spoke, “Okay deal, unnie.” Winter forced a smile while at the same time trying to focus on the good benefits for both of them.