14

Night Encounter

Pain. It was what all over her body felt when she started getting her consciousness back. The dizziness wasn't helping either. Her head felt like being hammered multiple times.

"Ugh," Winter grunted as she opened her eyes slowly. Her eyelids felt swollen and it's hard to lift them. She assumed one of her eyes had received a strong blow from one of those people who abused her last night when she tried to break free from their strong grips.

Throwing her gaze to the unfamiliar yet familiar room, she blinked her eyes multiple times to get her vision adjusted. She took notice of her surroundings and realized that she had been there before. It was the same room she used when she was being hospitalized not long ago.

It’s just a few days ago I was discharged, and now I’m back here again… being hospitalized.

Heaving out a sigh, suddenly she was distracted by the sound of a girl disrupting her from her daze.

"Hey, finally you're awake.."

Winter looked in the direction of the sound and frowned, trying to recognize whoever this girl was.

"W-who are you?" Winter asked while observing the girl’s face. She wanted to get up, but the cramp in her stomach suddenly kicked in and caused her to groan.

"It hurts.."

Seeing Winter was in pain, the brunette girl who had been sitting near the bedside immediately searched for the urgent bell button and pressed it to call a doctor in. "Don't worry, a doctor is coming here.. just don't get up for now." She helped the blonde girl laying back down on the hospital bed.
 

Not long after that, doctor Yunho along with a nurse came inside the room. He immediately did a check-up on Winter's condition and asked several questions to the latter about how she felt at the moment.

The tall girl, not knowing what to do only stood near the bedside and watched the doctor do his job.
 

Turning off the pen flashlight in his hand, Yunho faced the girl who had been silently observing and paying attention; to give her the updated progress of Winter's condition.

"She's fine. Just make sure she doesn't move a lot for now, to avoid feeling the cramps in her stomach. And for the bruises especially on her face, after this, a nurse will give compression of warm water and an ointment to lessen the swelling and he just needs to rest more. That's it." Yunho ended the explanation with a smile.

After jotting down the information in her head, the girl bowed and thanked the doctor before he and the nurse headed out of the room.

 

"W-who are you?" In a silence, Winter asked again.

"Oh, we never met in person, didn't we?" The tall girl chuckled as she took a seat back on the chair beside the hospital bed. "I'm Giselle by the way, Jimin's best friend. But probably you have seen me around or heard of me at the campus."

Nodding her head, Winter gave a small smile.

"Do you perhaps know how long it has been for me to be unconscious, Giselle sunbaenim?"

Hearing the word sunbaenim coming from the younger's mouth, Giselle wanted to laugh at the honorifics. Because Jimin had said to her once that this Winter girl was an annoying junior who knew nothing about honorifics despite their 2 years gap of age. Looks like only Jimin here is being disrespected by this girl. Poor Jiminie lol

"No need with the honorifics, just call me Giselle or Giselle unnie is fine." Giselle smiled, "and to answer your question, I'm not sure about that, but what I remember, when we found you you're already unconscious. So quite long."

Suddenly, the incident of last night flashed in her mind. All the pain she felt when she got beaten up, and not being able to do anything traumatized her. And more, not knowing who did that to her upset her even more.

Whenever she closed her eyes, she would automatically be brought back to the memory of it.

"So Giselle unnie, you’re the one who brought me here to the hospital? Do you know where you found me?"

Giselle nodded. "Yes, along with Jimin. She was the one who initiated to check on you last night as you weren't answering her calls nor messages. We found you in an abandoned classroom." She watched the younger with pity.

"I-I had no idea where I was brought to.." Winter muttered.

"Don’t think about it too much, I’ve got the case investigated. Just focus on your recovery now. Jimin is not happy to see you in this condition."

 

Jimin.

Speaking of the latter, where is she?

 

"Thank you so much, Giselle unnie.. d-do you know where she is now?"

"Oh, I asked her to go home earlier to shower and change clothes. Probably she will be here soon."

"Did she stay here last night?"

Again, the Japanese girl nodded agreeing.

Not to lie, Winter was happy knowing the older girl stayed to accompany her last night. Even she found and brought her here. But it also means she must have seen her vulnerable and broken state.

Feeling all her face area swelling, she already could imagine how her face looked like after all the damages being done to her precious face. It must look horrible.

"Giselle unnie, do you have a mirror? Or may I borrow your phone camera if you don't mind?"

Giselle looked puzzled, "what is it for?" but still passing her phone to the younger to use.

After being unlocked by the older girl, she opened the camera app and grimaced at how ugly her face looked at the moment.

After handing back the phone to the older girl, she faced the latter with her puppy eyes, "Unnie, can you please not let Jimin unnie in later?" With pleading eyes look, Winter averted her gaze to the older girl who stood in a daze watching her absurd behavior.

"Why is it though?"

"Mmm.. I don’t know.. I-I just feel like I can't let her see me in this condition…I’m too ugly." looking down while pouting, she missed Giselle's expression who was stifling her laughter.

Lol not only liking to cause troubles but she's also weird. Weirdly cute and funny though. And again, does she think Jimin brought her here last night with blindfolded eyes?

"Yah, what are you saying? There's no–"

Suddenly in the middle of their absurd conversation, the door was pushed open, revealing the devil who had been the main topic of their discussion.

"Giselle, I'm done– Winter! You're awake already?" Knowing her main priority was already awake, Jimin rushed to check on the younger – ditching her best friend, while the Japanese girl giggled seeing the horrified look on the youngest's face.

Giselle didn't miss it either, the way Jimin ignored her just to check on the youngest. She silently chuckled witnessing the whipped side of Jimin again slowly. It's been a while.
 

Thinking it's enough for her to cover Jimin to watch Winter, Giselle decided to go home. "Jimin, I'm going back now." She threw a teasing smile at the youngest as well who's indirectly begging her to stay through her pleading eyes, "and oh, the doctor said that she will just need to rest more and a nurse will be coming later to give her compression and some ointments for her swollen bruises."

"Alright Aeri ya, thanks so much for your time." The raven-haired girl faced her best friend – being oblivious of the other two were exchanging some messages through glances behind her back.

"Anytime! I'll visit you guys later when I'm free." Then she walked to the door. Before leaving she once again bid goodbye to the cute hamster girl – teasing her for the last time, "bye Winter! Get well soon!" Then she closed the door and left with a giggle.

"She's like a baby. No wonder Jimin pays extra attention to her despite her being an annoying , she said." 

 

xx

Back to the two humans in the room. Jimin didn't sense anything weird until when she's talking with the younger girl, the latter was avoiding making eye contact with her.

"How are you feeling, Winter?" Jimin asked as she took a seat at the chair that was previously used by the Japanese girl. She placed the tote bag she brought with her on the small table.

"I'm fine.."

Winter wanted to curse whoever dared to ruin her face. Now seeing Jimin still looked so damn naturally pretty despite not wearing makeup – just a lip tint, she felt ashamed of her swollen ruined face now if being compared.

"I'm bringing some light meals in case you don't want to eat the hospital food." After rearranging the stuff on the table, she faced the younger who was busy with her mind – not minding what she said.

"Winter.." she called softly while reaching for her hand – stopping her from fidgeting.

Winter hummed in response still trying to avoid any eye contact with the taller girl, silently hiding her face by covering it with her hair.

Jimin wasn't dense to not notice that.

"Hey, what's wrong?" By reflex, she tucked back the hair that was blocking Winter's face behind her ear.

Anyone help me please.. she's acting like my girlfriend already 😭 aigoo 

Without realizing it, Winter pouted while shaking her head.

Jimin smiled at the cute gesture.

"Something is upsetting you?" 

Ah, this girl knows me too well 😭 should I tell her? But it's a silly thing. We don't know if it's just going to be a boomerang to me or not. She's still a teaser!

"I look ugly." But those three words still dared to slip from her tongue without her permission. Winter cursed silently under her breath – almost inaudible for the taller girl to hear. 

"Hm? What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"Why did you say that?"

"Say what?"

"That you look ugly."

Winter who heard that couldn't believe her ears. "Jimin! You heard m– aw aw aw my wound.." after a while forgetting about the bruises on her face, she winced in pain – hissing at her own carelessness for moving her face too much.

"Stupid! Why did you do that?!" Jimin immediately stood up to check on her.

Winter whined. “Not at you calling me stupid~”

“Then stop being so careless! – does it still hurt?” Jimin raised her hands to check on her wounds. Her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

Seeing the older girl was already over-reacting, Winter shook her head and held the latter's hands preventing them from touching her face. "I-I'm okay, unnie.." but my heart is not.

"Win, be careful.." it was obvious the older girl was being a worried sick ahjumma again. The worry and concern were obviously painted on her beautiful face.

Winter nodded.

"But still Jimin, you can go home now. I'll be fine here alone." Winter said while avoiding Jimin's eyes.

Seeing the small girl was obviously losing her confidence with her current state, Jimin sat on the edge of the hospital bed and faced the latter.

"Hey.. look at me."

Seeing the latter only shook her head still not looking in her direction, Jimin sighed. Well, she having the stubborn label is not for nothing.

"Okay fine, should I do the same to my face so that you will look at me?" Not waiting for Winter's reply, she continued, "okay. I'll get my face destroyed just like yours so we will be even."

Winter widened her eyes in surprise. Is this girl crazy or what?!

"N-noo! Don't do that.."

"But that's the only thing I can do."

Winter shook her head. Ugh, I hate her. Now she's making me look like a bad person here.

Still busy having a conversation with herself, she didn't expect a pair of thin lips landed gently on her cheek. On her swollen cheekbone. 

"J-Ji-Jimin…" Winter stuttered, it's like a thousand volt of electricity struck her body. She touched her cheek with a blush slowly creeping out on it.

"Don't think about anything else, just focus on your recovery. I don't care what your face looks like now.. unless you lose your nose or what–"

"Jimin~" Winter whined again at the older girl. See?

"Just kidding, I don't really care about it though. All I want is for you to get recovered quickly. " Watching the younger girl was slowly back to herself again, she smiled and ruffled her hair gently.

"Don't smile like that! Y-you're just giving me a heart attack, Jimin.." Winter looked away as the heat now had reached the tips of her ears.

This is embarrassing...

Jimin laughed at the blushing hamster, "then stop being so annoyingly cute. Now, let's get you to eat lunch. You must be hungry." 

"C-can you give me water first? I'm kinda thirsty.." Winter said, trying to calm down her heart that's still beating rapidly and cooling her heated face. 

"Did Giselle not give you anything when you're awake?"

Winter shook her head.

Her head shake caused the raven-haired girl to groan. "Duh Giselle, I already told her to give you water when you're awake. She's gonna get a lesson." Jimin reached for the sealed mineral bottle and opened it. She popped in a straw and held it out for the younger to take a sip.

Seeing her girlfriend–oops, just Winter hallucinating, was being a grumpy ahjumma, Winter chuckled, "don't do it Jimin.. she's innocent! It's just that when I was awake, the pain in my stomach suddenly appeared when I tried to get up. So she immediately called the doctor."

Lazily, Jimin rolled her eyes nodding.

"Alright, eat the porridge first.. I'll be getting you a warm tea in case you're feeling queasy."

"Okay.."

After placing down the mineral bottle, Jimin left for a while to get a hot tea outside.

A silly smile couldn't be stopped from growing any wider on Winter's lips. Ah, it must feel great to be Jimin's girlfriend.. 

Winter silently ate the porridge happily.

 

After coming back, Jimin was surprised to see Winter was being a messy eater. 

"Can you not?–tsk let me help you."

Jimin walked closer and was about to retrieve back the food tray and picked up the bowl until Winter stopped her, blocking her hands from being close to the food tray.

"I can do it myself, Jimin!"

"Yeah, you can if you didn't spill the food anywhere like this." With a glare, she snatched the bowl away from Winter's weak hold.

"Don't be so stern on me, Jimin.." Winter pouted seeing the piercing glare from the older girl.

"Then just let me feed you."

"Ugh fine but don't treat me like a kid like this" Winter whined.

Jimin on the other hand sighed. Well without her realizing it, she's already acting like one. Just like now.

"Then stop acting like one."

"I'm not!"

"See?"

"I hate you, Jimin." Winter huffed in annoyance.
 

xx

"Aren't you going to attend your classes unnie?"

"Why do you ask?"

Winter shrugged her shoulders while shifting to get a comfortable sleeping position. "Just so weird to see you skipping your classes."

Jimin rolled her eyes. If it's not because of her, then she wouldn't be there. She would be either sitting in a class listening to the professor's lecture or in the library to do her assignments. And this brat here wasn't being grateful to thank her, instead, she's complaining.

"I've asked Giselle to take care of it. So it should be fine."

"Anyway, should I tell your parents about this?" Jimin glanced at the figure who's now trying to get some rest. She watched the younger averted her gaze from the ceiling to her direction and shook her head in disapproval immediately.

"Please don't.."

"I'm begging you to make sure my parents don't know about this, unnie.."

"I would probably be moved for real.." after muttering the last words, Winter huffed as she pouted her lips.

"Moved?" Jimin looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

Winter nodded. "previously dad had given me an ultimatum that he's gonna move me back to live at my parents' house if an incident like this happens again. Probably he's gonna move me to another university if he knows about this." Winter explained not realizing she had spilled her own secret.

Jimin who paid attention to what Winter said suddenly being reminded of what Winter's doctor said to her last night. About the incident the other night.

Should I confront her about it now?

"Winter.. would you be honest with me?" Jimin looked at her with a serious look.

The blonde girl who noticed the change in Jimin's expression looked at her nervously. Oh shoot.. I'm dead. Why did I need to say it that way?!

"I just talked to your doctor last night and he said–"

Suddenly a knocking sound on the door was heard. Thank god.. whoever you are. Winter silently sighed in relief.

The door was pushed open, revealing a nurse coming in with a small cart – bringing a set of equipment for Winter's compression and some ointments for her bruises on her face.

"Hello Jimin-ssi and Winter-ssi.." the nurse greeted with a smile "looks like you have eaten your lunch already," she spoke after noticing the empty food utensils on the tray.

"Now you just need to rest while being compressed for the swelling bruises."

As the nurse was busy preparing the compression, Jimin took the initiative to help the nurse.

"Let me help you Luna-ssi,"

"Ah yes thank you, Jimin-ssi. You will just need to apply this ointment to the wounds on her face. For the swelling ones only without wounds, you will need to apply with this one." Luna smiled as she handed 2 ointments to the raven-haired girl.

"Alright.. And for the compression, is it just to put the towel on her eyes?”

“Yes, do you want to do it?” 

Jimin nodded. “If it’s okay with you..”

Hearing what Jimin said made Luna chuckled, “of course! That’s totally fine.. Instead, I thank you for helping me..”

The two healthy humans kept exchanging smiles – not being aware of a certain blonde girl pouting in jealousy. 

"Alright, if you need anything else just call me okay?" She smiled once again at the two of them before taking her leaves.

 

"They're so cute together.."

 

xx

Once Luna left the room, Jimin faced the younger again, approaching her closer and sat on the edge of the hospital bed.

This is not safe for my heart gosh.

Putting away the mineral bottle that had been played by Winter, Jimin opened the cap of the ointment and began applying it on Winter's bruises on her face gently.

"J-Jimin.. can I do it myself?"

Only a shake on the head she received.

Jimin saw how the bruises had damaged Winter's flawless face. Once in a while, a pained expression would be shown on her face whenever Winter winced at the cold touches from the ointment. Her mind began imagining the scenarios of the younger being beaten up so bad until she could pass out on the cold and dirty floor last night. She swore, if it's one of her crazy fans' doing, she wouldn't forgive herself if something bad happens to Winter. Even now she still couldn't accept the reality.

Her mind was suddenly distracted when her hand was grabbed by the younger.

"Jimin, you're spacing out.."

Waking up from her daze, Jimin exhaled and gave her a small smile, "S-sorry.. – Now come on I'm going to compress your eyes."

Knowing how her eyes would be covered by the thin fabric, Winter's trauma of last night struck again.

She shook her head immediately, "n-no no no, I don't want to.."

Seeing her frightened face, suddenly the incident of when she found her being blindfolded clicked in her head.

"Hey that's okay, you'll be safe.. I'll be here and watch you sleep." She gently Winter's hair. A gentle and calming smile was plastered on her face.

"You… y-you promise me?" 

Jimin nodded her head without hesitance, "Of course."

"O-okay.."

When Jimin held the small towel, Winter grabbed her arm and held it. She glanced at the older girl indirectly asking her if it's okay.

Jimin only nodded with a smile.

After applying the compression on Winter's eyes, Jimin just sat there and watched the younger to sleep with the latter still holding onto her arm while her free hand began brushing Winter's hand for comfort.

Get well soon asap Win, I miss your hug…

 



 

Aeri🌙🌚

 

Jimin

Someone in the same year as Winter from the Business and Management major was the one who kidnapped her last night, Choi Beomgyu. 

And with Lee Jinsol and Kim Suyun from Performing Arts major.

 

Is it Mirae's doing do you think?

 

Mm yeah. There's no way she's gonna do it by herself.

I'll confront them later don't worry.

 

I'll tag along!

 

What about your baby? 🥺

 

Uchinaga..

🔪

 

But she's indeed cute just like how you said 🤭

 

I never said that!

 

Directly.. yeah

 

😠

 

But seriously. You can't leave Winter alone. Don't you think? 🤭

 

😑 fine

 

But Aeri ya..

 

??

 

Do you have any idea who sent me the message last night?

I'm just wondering if it's just some kind of a trap or something for me

but luckily we came with your bodyguards

 

Hmm.. not sure

Have you tried to text them back?

 

I have, but I'm blocked now 😥

 

Just keep the number in case they unblock you. Who knows there might be more info coming.

 

😔😔

 

Hey don't worry

Everything will be okay

Just make sure you keep an eye on Winter

 

😭

Okay Aeri ya, thank you 😥