Blanket pt. 1

Night Encounter

Morning came and the rain was still outside pouring but more gently than last night, leaving a comforting sound to the silent atmosphere. Jimin was the first one to wake up. She had a rough night yet she was kinda feeling excited to get up. Why? To check on someone– if she perhaps did something bad or not while she was asleep.

She silently walked out from her room only to be greeted by a bundle of someone curling up on the couch under her thick blanket. She still has a heart.

It was still kinda rude of her actually to let such a young girl sleep on the couch, not to mention she forgot to lend her a blanket last night. Waking up to a dead frozen body on her couch would be terrifying. But still, they just met last night even though the latter said she was also staying in this apartment building – not sure which floor and number.

She shrugged off the unnecessary thought.
 

Walking slowly to the sleeping girl she tried to find the latter's sleeping face. 

What a baby 🥺

But nah, she shouldn't be fooled by that innocent face.

After a couple of seconds of staring, Winter shifted in her sleep. It was when Jimin realized the girl was about to fall from the couch.

How Jimin hated her reflex to hold the younger girl even before she was about to fall.

Winter, who was aware of the touch, was woken up from her sleep.

She looked up only to be greeted by a pair of beautiful black orbs staring back down at her.

Realizing their positions, Winter asked, "w-what are you doing?! Were you about to kill me–" not being able to finish her words, Winter fell to the carpeted floor with a small thud.

"Yah! Why did you do that?" The poor girl hissed in pain after Jimin released her from her hold.

"Well, you were moving and so you fell..?" Jimin shrugged.

"No! You released me.." Winter shot back with a grunt.

"Well, you just did assume me trying to kill you in your sleep. So why did I bother to help?" Then Jimin left her to the kitchen after rolling her eyes in annoyance.

It made the smaller girl smile in embarrassment.

 

xx

After the sun was up and the bright sky was back greeting the world, Winter decided to go home. I still have a class this afternoon. Urgh

I'm hoping that creep won't follow me again.

"Hey, Karina!"

Winter called the latter who was sitting in front of her laptop already doing some stuff in the morning. Maybe just college related stuff.

Jimin who caught the strange yet nice name rolled out from the latter's tongue, moved her attention to the blonde-haired girl.

"What did you call me?"

"Karina."

"Well, I'm not Karina?"

Winter shrugged. "You never want to tell me your name, so I'll stick with that. Or should I just call you "pretty"? Or "gorgeous"? Or–"

"Yayaya! Stop it. It's Jimin." Jimin looked away, preventing blushes from being so obvious running further to her cheeks.

'Jimin'? Why it sounds familiar… hmm seems like I've heard or read it somewhere? But nevermind. There are a thousand people who own that name though.

After knowing the taller name, Winter beamed, "such a nice name, yet I just wanna stick with Karina." Winter teased.

Karina rolled her eyes and put back her attention to her laptop screen.

It was such a nice view of the taller girl who's sitting by the table near the glass window, with her chin resting on her palm while her other hand busily running her fingers on the touchpad. With the ray of sunlight coming inside through the slightly opened curtains.

Jimin didn't notice Winter was already dressed up, ready to go out.

"Anyway, I'm going home now. Thank you so much for your help and everything.. I'll wash your blanket too and return it tomorrow. May I have my ID card back now?" 

Remembering the latter's ID card, Jimin went to her bedroom to retrieve it.

A few seconds coming out from her bedroom, she saw Winter was already by the door wearing her sneakers.

The folded blanket that she lent to the younger girl was placed next to her sling bag that was on the floor.

Jimin watched the younger girl from behind doing her work in tying her sneakers by leaning her body on the wall just beside the smaller girl.

Once Winter stood up and turned around to find the taller girl, she tripped back in surprise to find the latter was face to face with her in a close distance.

"W-what the are you doing there Jimin?"

Jimin while keeping her arms crossed, calmly spoke, "watch your language. And that's a Jimin unnie for you."

Winter was kinda lost. What? Is she older than me? I thought we were the same age.

"I just found out that you go to the same university as me but never saw nor heard of you, freshman." Jimin handed back Winter's student ID card as she emphasized the word 'freshman' while talking to let the younger girl know that she's actually her senior.

 

Oh stupid me, I should have just given her my citizen ID since she already knows where I'm living… I guess.

"Oh really?" Winter was surprised with the given information. Ah, that's why I feel like I've heard her name somewhere. When was it though… But seriously? So she's literally my senior now? Dating a senior

 

Brushing off her thought, Winter giggled to herself, what are you thinking Minjeong... 

An effortless flick landed on Winter's forehead, waking the latter from her train of thoughts, "Ouch!"

"Stop with your unnecessary thoughts. Now go."

"But then it means we can go toge–"

"In your dream. Now get out." Jimin pushed the smaller girl lightly, motioning her to really get out of her apartment.

Before Winter could say something else, Jimin already shot her a glare, trying to scare the younger girl not to fool around with her antics.

Winter raised her hands in defeat, "okay okay chill woman. I'm going now." Then she slung her bag on her shoulder while pocketing the ID card on her jeans back pocket then took the used blanket with her. "I'll return this tomorrow or when I'm free to–"

"Tomorrow it is and that's final." 

Winter was dumbfounded at how fast Jimin was making the decision all by herself, not letting anyone–specifically herself–not to mess around with her. She opened and was about to say something again, only to close it immediately after being met with another glare.

This woman is seriously scary af.

"Alright, tomorrow it is." Winter snorted as she looked away.

It was when she was a meter away from the open door Winter called for the older girl for the last try, "oh! I forgot something.."

Jimin was standing near the door impatiently, holding the door while waiting for the younger girl to go out from her apartment – looking annoyed, "what is it this time?"

"I forgot your... phone number I think." in a blink, Winter already found herself in front of the closed door, outside.

 

"Geez, what a rude hag.." 

 

"I HEARD YOU!"
 

O_o