16

Night Encounter

"J-Jimin.." 

The said girl let out a soft chuckle seeing her loved one flinch a little when she wrapped her long arms around the small waist – hugging the younger close.

"You look busy.. A penny for your thoughts?" Jimin rested her chin on her shoulder.

A small chuckle was released by the younger girl not long after. "Nothing. Just random things."

Nodding, suddenly a few questions ran in Jimin's mind. "Anyway, I have something to talk about."

Winter, who was interested, whipped her head to the right. Just a few inches of the gap in between. "Shoot it."

Not expecting Winter to be that close, Jimin leaned away with cheeks starting to flush in red crimson.

"S-shall we come inside first? It's getting colder here.." Jimin stole a glance towards the younger one only to find her with her cheeky smile – ready to . "...and you can't stand the cold." she tried so hard to keep her poker face on.

"Yes, baby!"

Leaving the younger to hide her burning cheeks, Jimin muttered, "a baby calling someone baby." She shook her head.
 

xx

After spending the night eating dinner comfortably in the dining room with her loved one, Jimin moved to sit on the couch in front of the wide TV screen. Winter followed suit and sat beside the older girl.

"Are you feeling better now?" The raven-haired girl whipped her head to stare at the younger and moved her arm – draping it around her small figure. Once in a while she would and play with the tip of Winter's hair.

As usual, being too comfortable under Jimin’s caresses, Winter slowly began losing her consciousness to dreamland. She hummed as a response. "Anyway, what did you want to talk about?" She asked between her remaining consciousness.

Hearing the question coming from Winter's lips, the older girl stopped for a while and stared at the sleepy girl next to her.

"Next 2 days we will need to get your suture off from the wound."

After she let out that statement, Jimin could feel the younger tensed up. She guessed maybe Winter was already aware of where this conversation was going. She continued to her hair to give her some comfort.

"I'm sorry, it previously got ripped again. So the doctor stitched it again the other night." 

"Oh.."

"...would you like to tell me what actually happened to you during your family gathering?" Jimin stared at her with comfort visible through her loving gaze.

“Huh? I-Is it about the wound that you’re talking about? If yes, then no, n-no relation to that, Jimin. I got this wound from the incident at the campus.”

Jimin didn’t say anything. She knew better to wait for Winter to calm down and tell her everything other than forcing her to tell her the truth which probably might make the younger feel uncomfortable. She just kept her loving gaze and formed a gentle smile towards her.

I guess I can't really run away from this.

The younger let out a small sigh and detached herself from the older girl, trying to get her mind focused on arranging the perfect words in her head. But not letting that happen, Jimin lifted her small body and brought her to sit on her lap instead – hands securely wrapped around her small waist.

The action made Winter become a blushing mess. "S-Stop being so bold, Yoo Jimin." She quickly hid her face from the older girl.

"Why? You feel uncomfortable?" Jimin asked, panicking.

"No! I mean I'm just still trying to get used to it." With her habit of being shy, she immediately attacked the older girl with a hug and hid her burning face in the crook of Jimin’s neck. Ugh, I thought I would always be the shameless one to show off my love to her but what now. It's the other way around. And the damage when she does that, ah I feel like crying rainbows and unicorns. It's too overwhelming.

Seeing the cute habit that she started to pay attention to, Jimin chuckled. I guess I'm becoming bolder because now she looks smaller and cuter. Just the feeling when you want to protect someone you love.

"I thought you like my warmth, so don't stay away from me when you can." She gave a quick peck on Winter's temple.

Still with burning cheeks, she nodded.

"Okay, so are you ready to tell me what happened?"

Winter nodded and leaned away a little – hands still locked around the older's neck. "But promise me, don't speculate anything until I finish the story, okay?"

"I'll try to."

"Then I won't tell you."

Jimin rolled her eyes before letting out a sigh, "...fine. Now go ahead."

The younger nodded once again before starting, "okay sorry for lying earlier. I just didn’t want you to worry or think too much about it.” Winter spoke and received a nod from the older girl. “So, the family gathering thing was a lie. I didn't really go spending my days with my relatives. Just with my parents." Winter took a glance just to see the older's reaction. She was nodding, silently asking her to continue. "...I was being hospitalized."

Winter could see the older girl was in deep thought. It's unreadable. But she guessed her brain was already working, trying to connect whatever dots she was thinking to assume things in her mind.

"I got into an incident the other night–"

"Was it when you left my apartment?" 

"Jimin.."

"S-sorry. You can continue." Jimin looked away.

Not liking to see the current state of her girl being all guilty and probably started blaming herself, Winter cupped her cheeks and brought her to look at her in the eyes. She gave a gentle peck on her lips before talking, "what did I tell you?"

"Sorry."

"Stop saying sorry when it's not your fault, Jimin. I don't like it." Winter rubbed Jimin's cheek gently.

"O-okay, you can continue again."

Winter gave a small smile. 

"So about the incident, yes. It happened after I left your apartment. I didn't immediately go back to my apartment. Instead, I went out to take a walk for fresh air to the convenience store."

Convenience store.. convenience store..

'Ah, no wonder.. the other day..'

"I was on my way home when I met three street thugs. I honestly had no idea what time it was, but surely it was already late. And yeah, the incident happened," Winter explained. She could feel the hug got tightened after she mentioned the incident. "It was just an unfortunate night for me I guess as I often went home quite late before and still no dramas...well aside from the other night when we met at the elevator, of course." Winter released a small chuckle reminiscing the memory of their first encounter that night. If it's not because of the too many assignments and also the situation; where not so many cabs available because she finished late, not to mention the creep that gave her the chance to talk to the older girl -she still had no idea if he's a residence in her apartment complex or not-, she wouldn't be able to be in the moment she’s now.

Jimin on the other hand let out a small sigh seeing the younger girl wasn't taking this so seriously. "It’s not funny."

"Haha okay. Let me continue," she threw a reassuring smile.

"They probably tried to harass me and gladly there's a guy who helped me when I shouted for help." Winter threw her gaze anywhere but the older girl. "But as I said, it's probably just my unfortunate day that one of the thugs got something hard-hitting the back of my head...pretty strong that I out immediately after that."

“The guy must have a connection with the thugs.. It must be their plan only to trap you..” Jimin muttered under her breath with a hardened face. It’s so obvious she’s so going to kill them if she ever meets them. But seeing that, Winter smiled and tucked some strands of hair that were blocking the older's face from looking down. "Jimin,"

The said girl looked up, "Hmm?"

"I love you." Thank you for worrying about me.

It silenced Jimin for a while. She was taken aback by the sudden love declaration. Looks like Jimin wasn't the only one that needed to get used to it. 

"I-I love you too," Jimin blushed, "but that's not the case now Minjeong," 

Winter giggled. "I know babe.. But I’m already here looking all fine. So you don’t have to think about it.”

Another sigh escaped from her lips. "Did you find anything suspicious with the guys? Did he touch you anywhere?" Jimin rubbed the almost invisible wound at the corner of Winter’s lips.

"Hmm, not sure, I thought maybe they're just some random thugs wandering around the street there." Winter looked up to the ceiling to rewind the scenario in her head. "And don't worry there were no other things aside from my arms and shoulders."

"But still.. if I didn't–"

"I told you it's not your fault right?" 

Again, Jimins looked like she was in deep thought. "How about the event this afternoon?"

"Huh?" Winter released the hug and crossed her arms while thinking, "ah, about that.. I don't know, but when you went to the toilet, I found a suspicious guy, stalking me from afar. But when we made eye contact, he immediately walked away as nothing happened. And then you came not long after." Winter hugged the older girl again for comfort. "He's probably aware of your presence that's why."

"Don't worry, you're safe now." Jimin Winter's hair for assurance.

"Mmm," Winter mumbled, her breathing became more stable.

"Sleepy?"

"Yeah." Winter buried her nose deeper in the crook of Jimin's neck, sniffling the addicting scent of her body lotion.

"Should we wash up and go to sleep now?"

Winter nodded. But it looked like there's no plan for her to leave her spot on Jimin’s lap.

"Minjeong.."

"People rarely call me by my real name. But it felt so right when you said it. I like it." With a faint smile, Winter leaned away from the close proximity. "Carry me please?"

Jimin chuckled, "you're such a baby." Then effortlessly, Jimin lifted and carried her to the bathroom. She then placed her on the bathroom countertops and left to get a spare new toothbrush for Winter. Her first stay in her secret escape place.

 

They spent quite some time in the bathroom with some laughter and shrieking sounds could be heard while getting themselves cleaned.

"Okay, I win! I washed my face first–"

"Not that fast baby, you still got some foams here~" Jimin teased while poking Winter's cute nose with her foamy hand in purpose.

"Jimin! You're cheating!"

Seeing the cute grumpy face from the latter made Jimin laugh. It's been so long..

"Shut up and just leave me alone if you're done. I’m gonna wash my face again."

"Hahaha don't be so grumpy, you look like an angry white Maltese."

"Ya!"

"Kekeke here let me help you."

When the two of them were done wiping their faces dry and applying some skincare treatments, Jimin fixed Winter's wet hair near the face and brushed it aside.

She smiled seeing the younger now was all so cute and small with pouty lips.

"Still mad?" Jimin asked as she pressed both of her palms on Winter’s soft cheeks.

"..."

"I'll give you one wish to fulfill." Even though she knew the younger was no longer mad or had never been mad at her from the beginning from the sheepish smile that threatened to escape from her lips, Jimin still spoiled her with a wish.

"Give me a kiss."

"Sure, only that?" Jimin placed both of her hands on the countertops beside each side of Winter's small figure – trapping the small girl in her embrace.

Winter nodded with a cheeky smile.

 

Chu~

 

"There you go." Jimin leaned away to stare at the younger with a teasing smile.

"It's only a peck Jimin, I need a kiss. A kiss..

Even though her cheeks were already visibly red, she still dared to complain. What a cute grumpy white Maltese.

"I'm afraid I might get too addicted to it, Minjeong.." 

Hearing what Jimin said, Winter grinned before pulling the older girl closer by the neck – securing the latter between her legs, "Aren't you supposed to be?" Then without giving time for the raven-haired girl to say something, Winter already crashed their lips together for a longer kiss.
 

 

Mint..
 

 

xx

"Do you have a class tomorrow?" Winter asked, rolling her body over to face the older girl.

Jimin was sitting on her study table not so far from the bed, doing some assignments she received today. She replied without even sparing a glance, "yeah."

Little she didn't know, Winter was already pouting.

"Then how about me?" She sat up from her lying position to face the busy woman. "And when can we go back? I'm already allowed to attend my classes tomorrow too, right?"

Thinking about Winter's question, Jimin stopped her hands from typing on her laptop and swiveled her chair to face the younger.

"Mmm..." she hummed for a while to think while staring at the latter.

Shutting off the laptop, she stood up to approach Winter on the bed.

"You're getting sick of me teaching you every day?" Jimin jokingly let out her impactful pout. It's such a rare side for Winter to witness the coldest girl -what people from their campus said- doing such cute aegyo.

"I-I’m not!" Winter surprisingly stuttered. She was panicking, afraid the older girl would feel dejected or anything. "Of course I'm so happy to have you as my lecturer, but then It's just.. I mean I've been absent for too long Jimin, it's been days and I can feel that you're already dead tired doing all your routines too.." She went closer to hug the older girl. And there she just paid attention to the specs hanging on Jimin's high bridge nose. She looked attractive. Too attractive that Winter got distracted by it. She unknowingly lifted her hand to touch it.

"Why? Is there something on it?"

"N-nothing," Winter broke eye contact and shifted a little, "...you just look so attractive right now." Now I feel too shy to say such things. Gosh, where's my over-boosted confidence?! 

Jimin on the other hand burst out laughing. Just her white baby Maltese being so cute. "You're distracted by this?"

"Oh come on Jimin, don't start it I warn you." Winter glared at the older girl.

"Just kidding, baby.." Jimin responded with a soft chuckle. She just couldn't make her girlfriend mad, could she? Whipped, I know. 

"So back to the topic," She side-hugged the younger and brushed her bang aside. "Okay, I guess you can attend your classes tomorrow. But if anything, you will need to inform me. I don't want anything bad to happen again to you, Minjeong." Her eyes didn't leave the younger's.

"Don't worry about that," a sweet smile grew on her lips.

"Alright, shall we go to sleep now? It's almost midnight.. and you have morning classes tomorrow right?"

"I don't even remember it." Winter laughed.

"Yeah, you just don't really care about your studies. Just why so suddenly you wanted to go back studying that bad huh?" Jimin rolled her eyes.

Seeing that, Winter burst out laughing, "I'm not that bad at studying! I still attend my classes, you know.."

"Next time, let's just have a study date."

"Oh no, here we go again.. can we stop talking about this study thingy then?" Winter let out an exaggerated sigh. "It's already giving me a headache."

Jimin once again laughed. How Winter loved it a lot to listen to the melodious laugh the older had. She unknowingly smiled while staring at the girl in front of her.

"Now you look weird for smiling so randomly." Taking off her specs, Jimin pulled the covers aside and slipped her body in. She patted the empty side beside her, motioning the younger to join her.

"Just so your brain can work well, you will need a lot of sleep, baby."

Winter jokingly scoffed. She joined the older girl and wrapped her arms around her waist, snuggling closer. "Good night Jiminie."

"Good night Minjeongie," Jimin replied before placing a gentle kiss on the crown of Winter's head.
 

xx

"Jimin, just drop me there," Winter spoke as she dropped her sling bag strap on her shoulder.

Jimin, who was focusing on the road, whipped her head to her right then to the direction Winter was pointing at. Confusion was clearly painted on her face. "For what? Are you waiting for someone?"

"Nooo," Winter hesitated, "I thought other than making a ruckus, it's best if you just drop me there.. so none will notice us coming together."

Jimin sighed. Winter had a point there. She didn't want her crazy fans to attack Winter again just because they find out she's again coming to the university together. What will happen worse if they know Winter is now her girlfriend? But thinking about her discussion with Giselle a few days ago, it looked like she would consider it. She just couldn't stand it anymore. Mirae with her crazy fanclub thingy deserves a lesson. She’s already stepping over the limit of her privacy.

"That's okay, I'll take care of it. You don't have to worry, okay?" Jimin spoke and patted her head.

Winter nodded. After all, she had promised the older girl to take any risks before, why should she back out? For the sake of Jimin, she shouldn't be afraid. She could count on Jimin too on this one. 

"Sorry for suggesting that."

"Hey that's okay, I totally understand. I just want to treat you right. And I should be able to protect you too. So please trust me on this one, okay?"

Winter was flustered, "I'm getting diabetes. You're too sweet in the morning, Yoo Jimin."

Seeing the cute side from the younger, Jimin let out a hearty laugh with her eyes turning into beautiful crescent moons.

 

As expected when the so familiar luxury car stepped into the university parking lot, the crazy fans began taking action, either bringing their phones to capture today's Jimin's OOTD, or enjoying the nice view of her flawless pretty face.

Until Jimin opened her door and ran to the other side of her car to open the passenger's door, some eyes widened in awe and some people got their jaws hanging in the air seeing their campus heartthrob was giving such gentle treatments again -that she never did to anyone before- to the none other than Kim Winter, the ordinary freshman.