First Day

Night Encounter

The next day Jimin woke up. It's finally the day she will start her exam week and also not to forget about her plan in meeting her and Winter's rectors.

Talking about Winter, the latter didn't have any classes today. And seeing the younger was still sleeping peacefully in the same position – just her uninjured hand was now dangling to the floor, thank god at least in her sleep she still behaves, Jimin decided to leave a Post-it note on the table and also on the door before leaving, so perhaps the younger didn't notice the one on the table she could still get a notice of the note on the door when she wanted to leave the apartment.

 

xx

Winter woke up three hours later, after Jimin left the apartment. Now it's showing 11.35 AM and Winter's stomach rumbled. This place does me no good. I'm always hungry whenever I'm here.

Checking her surrounding, or more looking for a particular person, Winter breathed out. "I guess she left already." Then she stood up to peek through the closed curtains on her right to see the sky color from the glass window. 

The sky was too bright for her eyes to adjust, and the sun was high in the sky already, just probably straight above the apartment building shining from above as she couldn’t see the shadow on the street below. "I guess it's just me who slept too long. I should go back to my apartment now." 

Passing back the coffee table that's sitting just in front of the couch, she noticed a pink Post-it note laying on the coffee table.
 

Hey brat,

If you woke up already, don't do anything stupid. I'll finish probably at 2 or 3 PM. Just text or call me if there's any emergency. 

-Jimin-


 

After reading the notes, Winter couldn't help but rolled her eyes while scoffing. "What a great way to greet me, Miss Jimin."

She walked to the door only to notice another note, I LEFT YOU A NOTE ON THE TABLE. READ IT BEFORE LEAVING.

After taking the notes down, Winter chuckled before leaving the older girl's unit.

 

xx

After arriving in her own unit, Winter took her phone and decided to order some food. While waiting for the food to be delivered, and while waiting she had nothing to do, she decided to text Jimin.

 

My bae Jimin❤

 

Unnie

Jimin unnie

 

Jimin

Jimin

Jimin

 

Babe..

 

I thought I'd get a reply in 5 mins?


 

As Winter was about to enter another 'Jimin', a read sign appeared, replacing the delivered sign on the bottom of the last text. Then not long after that, Jimin's wrath came into view.


 

My bae Jimin❤

 

WHAT.

It's better to be important Winter

And excuse you, I told you IF YOU'RE NOT getting a reply in 5 mins, then you CALL ME. Not expecting a reply in 5 mins instead.. what are you? My parents? 🙄

 

AND IT'S JIMIN UNNIE. I'm so going to get you if I hear it once again.

 

😃👍 roger that ㅋㅋㅋ

Chill woman. Are you addicted to formalities that much?

 

Geez, no fast reply.

 

Are you still in class?

 

Yes.

What's the matter?

 

Aren't you supposed to focus in class instead of texting?

And oh..

How am I supposed to call you if you're still in class? 👀

 

💀💀

If it's not bcs of you, I’d just set my phone in silent mode instead of vibrate mode.

So what's up? Don't try to answer me again with a question Winter.

 

I haven't taken a bath 😬

 

And then?

 

And then you tell me, how do I take a bath? 🤭

 

What are you? 5?

 

Wait

 

😃😃😃😃😃😃

Do you have any plan on bathing me?

 

I haven't thought about that 🤦‍♀️

Wait, I'm finishing my class in 5 mins.

 

SO YOU ARE GONNA BATH ME?! 

Okay, accepted 🤭


 

After their last chat, an incoming call from Jimin appeared on Winter's phone screen.

"Hi, babe," Winter replied, trying her best to suppress her laughter.

"YAH! What were you thinking?! And don't you babe me," Jimin rolled her eyes on the other line. Even without seeing the younger, she could already picture the teasing smile plastered on her face now, "Now for your bathing issue…" not finding the end of the problem solver, Jimin trailed off, leaving the other human hanging. "...what? You're gonna bath me?" Winter spoke, breaking Jimin from her messy thoughts. It couldn't be helped either, blushes began creeping out on her cheeks as uninvited unnecessary pictures of the younger girl were being shoved at her in her mind. This girl needs a lesson. "Winter, can you please be serious for once?" Jimin grunted. "There's no other way, you will need to call your parents, Winter."

After hearing what the older girl said, Winter exclaimed, "what?! No! Do you want me dead?"

"Gosh Winter.. you're giving me a headache. If you don't have any ideas, then you will need to. I'm ready for any lectures from your parents. Because there's no way I would do that." Jimin said and emphasized the last word. She massaged her temple for support. She hadn't had anything for lunch and still needed to meet their rectors too but here she was dealing with the source of troubles and headaches to her head.

 

Winter on the other hand heard the heavy sigh the older girl had. Seems like the older girl took it seriously. She felt bad now. 

"Hey unnie, have you eaten lunch?" Winter asked. She eyed the clock hanging on the wall – 12.10 PM

"Nope, after this I guess. I need to meet our rectors first."

"Hmm, okay then. See you later unnie."

"How about–" not even letting the older girl speak, Winter hung up the call.


 

My bae Jimin❤

 

Yah

Why did you hang up

?!

 

Haha, miss me already? 🥰

And for the bath thingy, don't think about it

I'll find a way 😉



 

Not waiting for the older girl's reply, Winter chuckled and tossed her phone onto the couch as she ran to the elevator to fetch up her food delivery.

"Here I come, my late breakfast."











 

Not at Winter spent almost 2 hours in the bathroom cleaning and bathing herself, not because of falling asleep this time.

 

xx

The next day, Winter found herself walking to the campus being dragged by Jimin. The reason why was because she forgot to hide this schedule from the taller girl that she sometimes skips this English class because of a certain annoying college teacher.

But Jimin, being such a study maniac and had the pride and image to maintain as being a role model student, didn't hesitate to drag the younger girl out from her apartment. After all, she already consulted this one with their rectors. There's no way she would be absent on her first day in taking care of the younger girl after her proposal yesterday.

"Unnie~ can you just be the one to sit and listen there? All of a sudden I'm having a stomachache." Winter tried to release her hand from the older girl's firm grip while the two of them walked to the campus.

"No. You're still coming with me. And don't try to lie, everything you say are prayers it could happen for real."

After hearing what the older girl said, Winter gasped in disbelief while at the same time she defeatedly let herself be dragged by her.

"What a nice way to start your day, Winter," Winter mumbled while rolling her eyes in annoyance.

 

Too busy arguing with Jimin, Winter just noticed the stare from the people who were following them from behind or some that were just near the campus gate.

Lucky or not, Winter is the type of person who's aware of her surroundings. Despite not looking at them directly her senses are too strong that she could hear some murmurs were all about her and the person who's dragging her now. And being observant that she is, she could notice the way the older girl tried to ignore the whispers by holding her arm tighter and a cold face had replaced her genuine one now.

Then her ears perked up at the conversations of some groups of people murmuring and gossiping clearly about her and the older girl that's currently too busy dragging her .

"Who's that girl? Did they come to school together?"

"Isn't it Yoo Jimin? I thought she didn't have any classes today?" Whoa, they even do memorize all of Jimin's class schedule? That's...creepy.

Yoo Jimin.. So she's the "Yoo Jimin" that people talk about a lot? The Human with a walking library brain.. her name was literally on the campus banner all this time. But I never knew it would be this girl. Where have I been? But I never saw her though especially on my first day here as a freshman? Or maybe I'm just a caveman who rarely paid attention to something like this.

Suddenly Winter's mind was interrupted by a group of people that she met 2 days ago at the cafe.

"Hey, isn't it the girl who was with Jimin before? At the cafe.."

"Oh my.. you're right.. and now she's holding our Jimin's golden hand!" excuse you, are you blind? she's the one who's dragging me out!

"Did she fake her cast? Just to get our Jimin's attention?"

"Isn't she just a freshman?"

 

Jimin heard clearly what those crazy stalkers and fans said and noticing how Winter was tripping on her track while walking, she knew the younger girl was overthinking it.

"Can you please walk properly?" Jimin looked back when the younger finally bumped into her back when she decided to stop in her tracks.

"J-Jimin.. c-can you please release my hand? Everyone is looking.." while taking a glance at the people who were surrounding them with their stare from a distance, Winter asked feeling anxious all of a sudden. She felt smaller under those scary stares. She didn't like the attention. She never likes being a source of attention. And she knew the moment she stepped on the campus area with Jimin holding her hand, troubles, and obstacles will get in her way.

"I told you to ignore them. Don't listen to them. Can you listen to me?" 

"But.." Winter wanted to argue but seeing how the older girl looked at her with a disappointed look, Winter sighed in defeat.

Back to the deal Winter, just until my hand is healed, then everything will be back to normal… I guess.





 

Why did destiny even let me encounter such a popular girl? 🥺 Winter doesn't want this 😣 Winter just wanted to live peacefully..

"You don't want what?" Jimin looked at her with a bored face realizing the younger just talked to herself again.

"Nothing." Winter smiled sheepishly.

 

xx

The professor hadn’t yet arrived as they arrived pretty early. But upon their arrival, Winter’s current class’ classmates went crazy with all the ruckus, seeing the presence of Yoo Jimin in their classroom. All eyes were on them, some gave Jimin admiration looks and some people shot a certain small hamster glare or showing their envy towards her.

The first class was an English class where Winter often skipped before. Winter sighed after slouching down on her usual chair by the window; almost reaching the last row. It’s been a while. 

As much as she hated the professor, she still liked English class. But with how the professor is all flirty and annoying which often gets on her nerves most of the time, she just couldn’t stand it. So she would just get a copy from her seatmate, or maybe get a copy from her closest friend Ningning which didn't have the same schedule like hers, unfortunately. But with the existence of Yoo Jimin here, I doubt they will lend me their notes anymore loll

Trying to ignore the hateful stares, she placed her head on her uninjured folded hand, and faced the older girl, “I just realized something earlier. You’re the girl who people talk about a lot every day. But strangely I never met you.” with her innocent curious eyes, Winter stared at the older girl while silently observing the perfect features of her face. Beautiful long eye-lashes, Pointed and perfect shaped nose, shiny thin lips– but as Jimin turned her head towards the younger girl, Winter immediately averted her gaze anywhere but the older girl. 

Jimin only hummed in response.

Looking at the younger shifted her gaze to her cast fingers, Jimin decided to ask while trying to touch the cast wrapped on Winter’s fingers.”Does it still feel hurt?”

“Ouch! It hurts if you’re the one who touches it” Winter swatted Jimin’s hand away.

“Oh so sorry!– wait, what?” she looked at her in disbelief after realizing what the younger said.

Winter giggled. “Anyway, since you’re the smartest among these dumb people, aside from me of course,” Winter chuckled embarrassedly at her bad attempt for jokes “Can we just skip this class and you teach me instead?” Winter wiggled her eyebrows while smiling foolishly.

Jimin knocked her head hard. “We will see the doctor later to check on your fingers.” Winter nodded lazily as she closed her eyes to get some sleep.

 

As the professor had finally arrived, Jimin poked her cheek to wake her up, “Winter, wake up.” Jimin whispered loudly while shaking the latter now since she’s not budging from her sleeping position.

“Winter..” Jimin whispered again with her deep intimidating voice this time.

“I’m awake, I’m awake.” grumpily Winter sat up straight in her seat.

This was noticed by the professor, “oh hi Winter! Where have you been?! I’ve been waiting for you all this time but you never attended my class..” then his gaze shifted to the older girl who had been observing the scene being unrolled in front of her. “And who another one we have here.. A gorgeous lady with a y brain.. How was the speech contest you did before?”

“Here we go again..” Winter muttered while Jimin on the other hand was fighting this professor in her mind while trying her best in keeping a poker face as she replied to this professor who's in his 30s. I didn’t know they had changed the professor for the freshman year. Can they find a replacement? Jimin mentally facepalmed herself.

Jimin looked on her left side only to be faced by a satisfied giggling Winter.

“Now help me to jot down what he said please, Jimin unnie, I appreciate it. Thank you” after giving the older girl a small flying kiss, Winter laid her head on the table and closed her eyes again with a smile plastered on her face.