Right

To Be Part of This World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Right

 

 

Feeling a comforting warmth gathering at her hand and slowly spreading through her body, Chinsun sluggishly forced her eyes open. Inhaling deeply, the scent of the blanket wrapped around her almost lulled her back to sleep when she realised that despite how right it all felt, something was most certainly not… The norm. It was not the norm but… It felt right.

 

Biting back a yawn, Chinsun realised that she had curled into the foetus position during her sleep, shutting out the outside world. Yet, when she proceeded to stretch out her body, her legs encountered a sturdy obstacle — and most importantly — her right hand was firmly locked in place by a familiar calloused hand that moulded perfectly around her’s.

 

Chinsun used her free hand to pull lift the blanket. Her eyes then travelled down her arm, lingering at her hand before reaching the final destination; a sleeping Jongin who somehow maintained the same position he initially fell asleep in.

 

Seeing Jongin’s haggard face, Chinsun felt her heart squeeze achingly. Her eyes dampened ever so slightly as she let out a helpless sigh. She then pushed herself into a sitting position, groaning internally due to her muscles protesting at no longer being allowed to rest. Now that she was not enveloped in the soft blanket, Chinsun felt like she had been ran over by a tractor. 

 

Pushing her own discomfort aside, Chinsun leaned closer towards the sleeping male until they were just a breath away form each other. She gingerly removed her hand from Jongin’s hold and reached for his shoulder with her left hand while her right hand supported his face. Chinsun planned to rearrange him into a more suitable position for sleep, however she had barely pulled his back away from the wall when Jongin’s eyes shot wide open, their eyes locking paths.

 

At first, Chinsun saw panic and fear reflected in Jongin’s eyes as his fingers stretched out in search of the lost warmth. Chinsun instinctively replaced her hand back in his grip, triggering a wave of tender relief to pour out of his eyes.

 

“Lie down and get some proper rest,” Chinsun murmured, her lips barely moving as she patted Jongin’s cheek.

 

Jongin his dry lips. He kept his eyes sternly on Chinsun, almost in fear that if he blinked she would vanish again. Then, registering their intimate proximity, Jongin’s pupils dilated and he jolted back, smashing his head against the wall.

 

“Fuc—” Jongin hissed, stopping himself from swearing loudly.

 

From below the bed, the mountain of blankets started moving, showing signs of life.

 

Chinsun’s eyes widened in panic — both in concern over what had just happened to Jongin and for the realisation that Baekhyun and Jongdae were also there and still sleeping.

 

Embarrassed by what had just happened to him, Jongin sought distraction by throwing a pillow at the two males who were yet to fully reemerge from the world of dreams.

 

“Wake up,” Jongin snapped, mercilessly stepping on their bodies as he made his way towards the door, ignoring the cries of pain bouncing off the walls.

 

“You bully!” Jongdae yelped in grievance, though his demeanour flipped completely when he saw Chinsun awake and alive. “What a sight for sore eyes!”

 

Chinsun smiled delicately, the corners of her lips widening when she saw the bird nest that Baekhyun’s hair had become.

 

“Don’t even.” Baekhyun raised his hand, anticipating wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter