is

To Be Part of This World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
is

 

 

Becoming one with his motorcycle, Jongin zoomed through the streets as the wind slapped him mercilessly. He had no idea how fast he was going, but he was certain that he was breaking all existing traffic regulations. In that moment though, he could not care less. The overwrought male was speeding with such ferocity that his surroundings merged into one big messy blur; a blur so confusing and hectic that it was the perfect visual representation of what he was experiencing internally.

 

Jongin reached the foot of the mountain in record time. The wheels of the motorcycle wailed in protest as he harshly braked the vehicle before dismounting and haphazardly discarding it aside. Letting his emotions and instincts kick in, Jongin did not even look where he was going, forcing his way into the forest that protected the mountain path.

 

At first the journey was straight-forward as the beaten path commonly frequented by local hikers and tourists served as a solid guide. However, in order to reach his destination — to where the Cinnabar resided — Jongin had to diverge from the common path and venture into the hidden passage known to only a select few.

 

It did not take long for Jongin to slow down, in need of concentration so as to not lose his way.

 

“It’s okay,” Jongin whispered in a low voice. “If I get lost, I’ll get lost towards her.”

 

The words had barely had a chance to form into condensation in the cold night air and a pair of pale legs dangling from a nearby tree caught Jongin’s attention. The ridiculously tall trees created a blockade that denied access to the moonlight. In the suffocating darkness of the dense forest, the bizarrely pale legs seemed to glow.

 

The legs swung back and forth, tussling the tree leaves which released the cries of a child that echoed through the tree branches. From within the heavy foliage above the legs, a pair of disproportionally long arms slithered out, waving at Jongin and urging him to get clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter