to

To Be Part of This World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
to

 

 

The tall male with obnoxious orange hair Baekhyun ran into in the middle of Seoul was none other than the almighty Oh Sehun.

 

Oh Sehun, a celebrity with an army of fans and a constant need for attention. Oh Sehun, a beloved model who’s side job as exorcism. Oh Sehun, the harbinger of troublesome spirits and more commonly known as Jongin’s walking headache.

 

After days of wandering through the familiarly foreign capital, Baekhyun found comfort in seeing a familiar face. Sehun’s presence in Seoul offered him the reassurance that everything he missed about Jeju had not been a pure figment of his imagination, that it had really all happened.

 

Baekhyun could not contain his eager smile the next day as he got off the bus, making his way towards Sehun’s house. However, when Baekhyun laid his eyes — well, eye — on the highly secure and extravagant luxury building in front of him, his jaws dropping almost to the ground. He failed to collect himself even as he stood in the lift, the metal box elevating him and lifting up towards the skies. Of course, his dear model friend would be living in exclusive loft apartments situated at the very top.

 

“You’re filthy rich.”

 

The words rolled out of Baekyun’s mouth when he saw Sehun leaning casually against the doorframe, looking like he was posing for a photoshoot.

 

“I’m financially comfortable,” Sehun replied with a smirk.

 

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun purposefully elbowed Sehun in the ribs as he shuffled inside. Stopping in his steps, Baekhyun raised an eyebrow in astonishment as he came face to face with the living room that had been exquisitely decorated and furnished. The highlight was without a doubt the wall of glass that provided the most mesmerising and probably expensive view of the Han River and the cityscape down below. The Han river glistened like a jewel under the morning sun, highlighting its role as a irreplaceable treasure.

 

“If you’re this rich why did you have to squeeze your at my place when Mark was already freeloading there?” Baekhyun frowned. “You guys did nothing but argue, and when you didn’t argue you were plotting something to earn a scolding from Jongin.”

 

“Where’s the fun of me being all by myself in a fancy hotel? My beautiful needs and demands attention, and where better to get it then with my ride-or-die besties?”

 

As he said this, Sehun batted his eyelashes while protruding his lips as if to kiss Baekhyun. Feeling goosebumps forming all over his skin, Baekhyun jumped backwards to escape Sehun’s perturbing behaviour. In doing so, he ended up tripping on his own feet and stumbled towards a closet standing inconspicuously in a corner of the living room.

 

When Baekhyun’s slammed his hand against the side of the closet to stabilise himself, the closet started rumbling from the inside, sounding like an upset stomach ready to unleash all its contents. Predicting what was about to happen, Sehun let out an ear-splitting screech. Baekhyun however had no time to react as the haphazardly stuffed closet’s door swung wide open, almost smashing him in the face. Within seconds, the sound of countless objects escaping could be heard.

 

Once silence settled again, Baekhyun finally dared to emerge from behind the closet door. His eyes widened at the spectacle in front of him. Sehun’s orange hair could be seen poking out from under the avalanche that had buried him alive. Suddenly, a hand shot out desperately searching for something to grasp onto. Holding back his laughter, Baekhyun clasped the wailing hand. Breathing in deeply, he used all his strength and heaved Sehun out.

 

“Not a big fan of cleaning and organising huh?” Baekhyun mused.

 

“Who is?” Sehun snorted. “Other than Chinsun, but her job role kinda demands it. Plus she’s a weirdo. Don’t tell her I said this.”

 

“We’ll see,” Baekhyun snorted. “Anyway, what’s up with this mess? Your whole place looks immaculate but this?”

 

That was when Baekhyun noticed the bizarre demeanour of the closet. It was a dark maroon colour with detailed engravings of flowers which had then been painted in by hand. Even as a layman, Baekhyun knew instinctively that this was no ordinary closet. It was a vintage that could not be bought anywhere. Most importantly, although individually the closet looked ancient and full of history, it stuck out like a sore thumb inside Sehun’s modern and sleek loft apartment.

 

“This is…” Sehun’s voice faded as his faced scrunched up in his attempt to come up with an explanation. “You know that drawer where you throw in the random crap you have no idea where else to put?”

 

“Uh-huh…” Baekhyun hummed, doubt seeping through his voice.

 

“Well, this closet is the equivalent of that but for supernatural related stuff,” Sehun admitted with a hint of embarrassment.

 

Indeed, both the closet and the contents that fell out looked like they belonged in the basement of a certain secondhand bookshop in Jeju — specifically the basement where only a select few had access to. The difference though, was that Chinsun would never have allowed such chaos to befall on the objects. She would have filed them away neatly and with great care.

 

Absorbing the new information, Baekhyun’s gaze flitted back and forth between the closet and Sehun. His nostrils flared and the vein threatened to pop on his forehead.

 

“It’s all supernatural stuff and you left it right here in the living room where anyone who visits could bump into?” Baekhyun screeched in disbelief.

 

“The room I use for exorcism related stuff is full so I just put whatever innocuous random stuff in this closet here okay? The closet is a family heirloom and a Cinnabar infused paint was used for the flowers so it has strong spiritual energy and very very reliable,” Sehun exclaimed defensively. “Plus, not everyone’s a klutz like you with a tendency to bump into haunted objects or what not.”

 

Ignoring Sehun’s diss at him, Baekhyun doubled over as he processed the identity of the closet.

 

“This is a family heirloom and you use it as storage for miscellaneous items? And again, why is it in the living room?”

 

“Stop judging me,” Sehun huffed, pouting like a puppy that had wrongly accused of misdemeanour.

 

Before Baekhyun could rebuke, a string of giggles echoed in the air, ringing in his ears. The next moment, a broomstick with a seal stuck on it rolled out from the pile of miscellaneous items, landing directly by Baekhyun’s feet.

 

Had it been a few months ago, Baekhyun would have been utterly creeped out by the eerie giggles that seemed to come from inside his own head. Now however, Baekhyun actually shared the sentiments of a lonesome traveller meeting a stranger from the same hometown. Swallowing back the nostalgic smile that threatened to erupt on his face, Baekhyun readjusted his expression and gave Sehun a weary look of unsurprised suspicion.

 

“Oh this shouldn’t have been in here,” Sehun blurted out, smoothly using the tip of his toes to kick up the broom into his hands. “Ever encountered a goblin before?”

 

Baekhyun slowly shook his head. He had interactions with war victim ghosts, fox spirits and water ghosts. Heck he had even been stalked by an egg ghost. A goblin though was a first. Nonetheless, he was all too familiar with it as it was a staple of Korean folklore.

 

“Goblin’s are created by the spiritual possession of objects that have been stained by human blood. They hold extraordinary power and should not be taken lightly,” Baekhyun recited with familiarity.

 

“Aren’t you a know-it-all,” Sehun snorted, disappointed that his chance to show off his expertise and knowledge had been stripped from under his feet.

 

“I like to do my research.”

 

“Right you do you smart boy.”

 

Smiling gently, Sehun propped the broomstick against the wall before extending his arm to ruffle Baekhyun’s hair, taking full advantage of their height difference.

 

“Yah show some respect!” Baekhyun grunted. “I’m older than you.”

 

Baekhyun’s scolding fell on deaf ears though as Sehun proceeded to launch wrap his arm around the shorter male’s neck, trapping him in a playful headlock.

 

“You cheeky bas—”

 

Unable to finish speaking, Baekhyun flailed his arms around and accidentally knocked over the broomstick. What neither males realised was that the seal on the broom was loose to begin with, and now,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter