Eight

Starlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is she done yet?"

"Yerin, you know how long this takes." SinB sighed, playfully poking Yerin's cheek. "It's only been an hour. We just gotta wait."

The group was currently in Sojung and Yewon's shared apartment, sitting on the couch while the TV played in the background. Yuna was standing with Sojung in the kitchen, getting a snack ready for everyone while they talked about how their classes were going. Sojung had done a full check up on Eunha once everyone had arrived, since several weeks had passed again since the mermaid had gotten her legs back. The future doctor had given Eunha a clean bill of health, giving permission to finally allow her to go outside. Yewon had been quick to pull Eunha to her bathroom, eager to get started on dyeing Eunha's hair the color that SinB had texted her about a few weeks ago. Yerin had wanted to help out but the younger girl had refused, wanting to surprise everyone with the mermaid hybrid's new look once she was done.  

"Yewon knows I hate waiting." Yerin grumbled, crossing her arms and slumping against the back of the couch.

"Why don't we talk about something else?" SinB suggested. "Where do you want to take Eunha first? She's gotten used to walking and running again so I don't think anywhere is off limits."

"Weren't we planning on taking her shopping?" Yuna had appeared with Sojung next to her, placing a bowlful of chips on Sojung's large coffee table.

"I meant besides that." SinB nodded, Yerin lost in thought. 

"I think she'd like to go to the beach." Yerin finally said, reaching over and taking a handful of chips from the bowl to munch on. 

"Not the beach again." SinB huffed, running a hand through her red locks. "But if Eunha wants to go there, I guess I don't mind."

"I think those are good places for her to go for now." Sojung said. "I know I said that she's fully healed but she can still get overwhelmed."

"At least her nightmares aren't as bad anymore." Yuna commented. "She's only woken up crying a few times in the past week. It used to happen every night."

"I'm glad." Sojung let out a breath. "But still, lets make sure to be careful."

"Are you guys ready?" Yewon's suddenly loud voice broke out into the air and interrupted the current conversation, the younger girl standing outside the bathroom door in the hallway, hiding Eunha from view.

"Yes!" Yerin jumped up, bouncing on her feet. 

"C'mon. Just show her already." SinB replied with a pout, joining Yerin's side. Yuna had a large grin on her face, just as eager as everyone else to see the new Eunha.

Yewon giggled, holding her hand out towards the bathroom, encouraging Eunha to come out. The mermaid's hand reached out from the room, taking Yewon's hand and allowing the girl to pull her into view. Everyone's eyes widened once Eunha was in sight, Yewon smiling proudly as the hybrid stood next to her.

Eunha looked adorable, her new pink hair suiting her perfectly just like the girls had thought it would. Her short hair had become fluffy after being dried and the pink color made the girl look like a cartoon character almost, the purple sweatshirt and black pants she was wearing, thanks to SinB, only adding to the final look. Yerin was the first one to run forward, hugging the mermaid hybrid tightly and lifting her off the ground. Eunha started to laugh happily, kicking her legs up and down in the air while clinging to Yerin's neck.

"Oh my god! You look so cute!" Yerin exclaimed, unable to stop from placing kiss after kiss on Eunha's cheeks.

"She looks like a little doll!" Yuna said happily, smiling widely. "Did she behave well again?"

"She was a little squirmy but yes, of course." Yewon laughed, watching Yerin smother Eunha with affection. "She's my best client, for sure."

"Pink looks fantastic on her." Sojung smiled, gently nudging SinB's side with her elbow. "Good call, SinB."

"Thanks, but it was Yerin's idea." SinB shoved Sojung back playfully, laughing when Sojung slapped her arm. 

"So should we go now?" Yuna asked, directing her gaze up at Sojung. 

"If everyone is ready." Sojung said. "I don't see why not."

"Yes!" Yerin placed Eunha back down, taking her hand. "C'mon, Eunha! Lets go!"

"Yeah!" Eunha's voice was just as excited, following Yerin and the group to the door while holding onto the blonde's hand happily.

 

The group split into two cars for the ride over, SinB, Yuna and Yewon in SinB's car while the rest of the girls joined Sojung in her car. Yerin was excited to finally go shopping with Eunha and her friends but a small thought in the back of her mind continued to bother her. What if Eunha couldn't handle being around people again? It was the weekend after all, lots of people would be out. No. It would be okay. And if anything did happen, everyone would be there to help. Plus, Sojung was practically an official doctor already, she would know what to do. 

"We're here." Sojung said, pulling into a parking spot with expert precision. SinB's driving was good but Yerin was always amazed at how smooth Sojung's driving was. Eunha was pressing her face against the car window, eager to get outside. Yerin pulled her back slightly, unbuckling her seatbelt for her.

"Stay close to me, okay?" Yerin instructed, making sure the mermaid hybrid was listening to her. 

"Okay, Yerin." Eunha smiled, her blue hues sparkling in the light. Yerin smiled back, ruffling the girl's pink hair out of habit. Hearing her say her name so happily was enough to push most of her fears about the day away. 

"SinB said they're already at the food court." Sojung said as she locked the car, keeping pace with Eunha and Yerin as Eunha was practically trying to drag Yerin by her hand to make her walk faster. 

"Hey...." Sojung whispered calmly, gently taking Eunha's arm to pull her back a bit. "Don't wear yourself out already. I don't want you feeling sick again."

"Sorry." Eunha said quietly, trying to slow her pace down like the taller girl had instructed. Sojung squeezed the girl's arm, her voice taking on an almost motherly tone.

"Don't apologize. I just want you to stay healthy." 

"Wow, you really are a mom." Yerin commented, a mischievous smirk on her face

"Jung Yerin, I swear....." Sojung gritted her teeth, a small bit of redness appearing on her features as Yerin started to laugh, Eunha barely paying attention to the conversation as the shopping center grew closer. After a few minutes of walking and several phone calls, the trio had found the missing members, Eunha letting go of Yerin to run forward towards them once they were spotted.

"So fast!" Yewon smiled, hugging the hybrid the second she had reached them. 

"I told you she's getting stronger." SinB said, Yuna nodding in agreement from beside her.

"I missed you...." Eunha mumbled, letting go of Yewon to hug SinB this time.

"We were only separated for twenty minutes." SinB said, the girl's pink hair affectionately. 

"That's a long time!" Eunha pouted, Yuna rubbing her back. SinB could only let a small laugh escape her lips, clearly finding the mermaid hybrid's behavior adorable.

"So, should we eat first?" Yewon asked. "It's been so long since I've been here with everyone."

"Remember that one time that SinB ate so many fries here back in high school that she got sick?" Yerin laughed, the memory flashing in her head. "She refused to throw up, saying that it would be a waste."

"You really had to bring that up again?" SinB grumbled, making a move to punch Yerin's arm. Yerin only danced away, sticking her tongue out at the red haired girl.

"It was pretty funny." Sojung smirked. 

"Watch it, Sojung." SinB glared back at the older girl, Eunha taking the moment to attach herself to Yuna's side with her arms. "I have plenty of embarrassing stories about you that I could tell everyone."

"You wouldn't dare." Sojung's eye twitched, crossing her arms across her chest in a stern manner. 

"Watch me." SinB continued to tease, darting away once Sojung decided to make chase. 

"Those two really will never change." Yerin shook her head, amused by the scene playing out. 

"How about we get some food, Eunha? Does that sound good?" Yuna asked the clingy mermaid, leading her over to the different options once Eunha had nodded yes. 

 

"That hit the spot." Yerin sighed out contently, the group finally leaving the food court and moving on to the various shops inside. 

"Did you see how fast Eunha ate that hamburger?" Yuna asked, laughing under her breath. "I swear I barely saw her chew at all."

"And did you see her little fangs? They were adorable. I don't know how I didn't notice them till now." Yewon chimed in, stealing a glance behind her at the Sojung-Eunha pair who were holding hands, Eunha's wide blue eyes examining each store that they passed by while SinB walked next to the two. 

"How about this store?" Sojung asked the eager hybrid, pointing out one of the many clothing stores scattered through the mall.

"Nah. I bet she wants to go to the candy store." SinB tilted her head, grinning down at the pink haired girl. "Right, Eunha?"

"C...Candy store?" Eunha's eyes lit up, Sojung sighed. 

"Alright, we can go there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter