Two

Starlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's finally summer!" Yerin cheered, pumping both of her fists in the air as she left the college building as fast as she possibly could.

"Why do you always gotta be so loud." SinB grumbled, adjusting her backpack while following behind both Yuna and Yerin. She couldn't blame the girl for being so excited. Testing week was always brutal and it was relieving when it was over. 

"Just let her be." Yuna chuckled, patting SinB on the shoulder. "At least she's not whining and throwing things anymore."

"That's true." SinB said, watching as Yerin did a little happy dance in front of them. "But does she really gotta be so embarrassing? She's twenty three but she acts like shes twelve."

"What's wrong with that?" Yuna asked, playfully poking SinB's nose. "We're in our twenties but that doesn't mean we have to act all mature."

"I know that." SinB huffed. "And I don't mind her acting like this but does she have to do it in front of everyone?"

"Like you've been any better in the past." Yuna continued to tease. "Remember when you were so frustrated about the tests last year that you went outside and screamed in front of everyone?"

"Shut up!" SinB's face flushed several shades of red, the younger girl punching Yuna in the arm. "I told you to never bring that back up again!"

  Yuna only laughed, running ahead of SinB to catch up to the excited Yerin. SinB still had an embarrassed look on her face but she followed, not wanting to be left behind by her friends. It felt like she had known these girls all her life and in a way, she had. Yerin had always been assigned the seat next to her in high school no matter how hard the teachers tried to seperate them by having them all draw seat numbers. Every single time, the pair had picked the seat numbers next to each other and the teachers eventually stopped trying.

   Yerin had been the first to initiate the friendship and SinB found herself looking forward to class, eager to hear one of Yerin's funny stories about her childhood friend, Yuna. Once she had been introduced to Yuna, SinB's school days were full of laughter and good memories. Yewon and Sojung, her middle school friends, had been more than excited to meet these new friends that SinB never stopped talking about after school. And when they had all met, it felt right, like the group had always been fated to meet each other. It was a shame that Yewon and Sojung's chosen careers had taken them to different schools. Yewon was an aspiring hairdresser and Sojung was determined to get into medical school to become a doctor, both of them getting into their dream colleges with no problems at all. But that resulted in their schedules almost never matching up with everyone else's. But it was summer now, maybe they could all meet up again sometime soon. SinB hated to admit it but she missed them, wishing that the two could join the three of them whenever the weekends rolled around. But she wasn't about to get in the way of their dreams. Both Yewon and Sojung were extremely talented in their own skills and SinB wanted nothing more than to see them become successful. 

"So, are we going to the aquarium now?" Yerin asked once the trio had arrived home at the apartment, tossing her backpack onto the couch. 

"Yep." Yuna smiled, pulling the tickets out of her own school bag. "I bought our tickets early this morning!"

"Hey! I was going to pay for them this time." Yerin pouted, pretending to be hurt. "I had the money set aside and everything."

"It's not a problem. You deserve a reward after how hard you worked." Yuna handed Yerin's ticket to her, her smile remaining on her face the entire time.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Yerin took the ticket and moved in to hug Yuna, lifting her up in her arms with a huge grin on her face.

"Only a million times." SinB chimed in, placing her backpack on the couch as well before taking her car keys out of her pocket. "Now lets go. I'll drive."

"Thank you, SinB!" Yerin placed Yuna down, running to SinB's side to plant a small kiss on her cheek. SinB grumbled something before pulling away, pretending like her face wasn't tinted red again. Yerin really was an affectionate girl. Maybe a little too much at times. But it was normal, something they had all gotten used to over the years.

 

"Do you think this 'mermaid' is the real thing?" Yerin asked from the front seat of the car, unable to stop thinking about the new exhibit on the trip over to the aquarium. The aquarium wasn't too far from where they all lived, but it wasn't in walking distance. 

"I still doubt it." SinB replied, navigating the car down the streets expertly. "I'm betting on it being some sort of underwater actor."

"But what if it is real?" Yerin said, her eyes looking up at the brilliant blue sky outside the car windows. 

"Then we get to see something amazing." Yuna said from the back seat, scrolling through her phone messages.

"Did you get a reply from Yewon and Sojung?" Yerin turned around in her seat, attempting to see what Yuna was looking at.

"They can't make it again." Yuna shook her head. "Finals might be over but they still have a lot to do over the summer."

"Aren't they living together now too?" SinB asked as Yerin moved back to a proper position in her seat with a small disappointed frown on her face.

"Yeah! They moved a few weeks ago I think. They aren't that far away from us either." Yuna nodded, closing her messages and switching to her social me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter