Eleven

Starlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pretty....."

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Are you sure? I was worried about it because I didn't want to upset you with this change."

  "I really like it, Yerin." Eunha nodded firmly, her hand tugging at a lock of the former blonde's now light brown hair.

The group was at Sojung and Yewon's shared apartment again. Maintaining the blonde color in her hair was starting to get annoying to Yerin so she had decided to go back to her original hair color, thanks to Yewon. Eunha's hair needed a trim again and a refresh on the pink color so it had been the perfect time to do so. They had already been planning on spending the whole weekend together with the pair anyway. SinB's hair remained red but Yuna had gotten rid of the blue streaks in her black hair. Yerin had decided to steal the look from Yuna, Yewon leaving several blue streaks among her light brown tresses like she had requested, the blue color almost matching Eunha's eyes. 

"I'm glad." Yerin sighed with a smile. She knew that the mermaid hybrid's reactions to things could be unexpected so she was relieved that changing her hair hadn't caused any sort of discomfort. Eunha really was healing. 

"....What is she doing?" SinB raised an eyebrow as she watched Eunha take a strand of Yerin's hair and place it in .

"I have no idea." Yerin could only shrug, her smile never wavering. "She's probably hungry."

"Didn't we just eat?" Sojung asked, laughing as she stood up to join the pair on the couch, patting Eunha's head. Eunha only grumbled softly, still chewing on Yerin's hair.

"Oh come on. Eating snacks all day is required at a sleepover." SinB replied. Sojung only shot her a look.

"You know, we need to make sure Eunha is eating healthy still."

"Yeah, I know, mom. You only remind us every other day." SinB said dryly. 

"What did I say about calling me that?" Sojung stood up again, the red haired girl already darting up off of the floor to make a getaway. Sojung followed after her, trying to grab SinB's sleeve as the girl ducked into the bedroom.

"This is my apartment, SinB! You really think I don't know where you'll hide?" Sojung shouted. Soon enough, SinB's terrified screams entered the air, followed by Sojung's laughter. 

"You have no idea how many times I've seen them do this in middle school." Yewon said, chuckling as she handed Eunha a soda bottle. The mermaid hybrid took it in her hands, Yerin's hair finally leaving . 

"Don't tell Sojung I was the one who gave her this." Yewon gestured to the soda bottle and then placed a finger on her lips, winking. 

"I wont." Yerin grinned, the half mermaid shifting her position on her lap so she could drink the soda quicker. "I'll just say that Yuna gave it to her or something."

"I heard that." Yuna's voice came from behind them, the black haired girl rejoining the group lounging in the living room with several sandwiches on a plate. 

"So, how's school been going, Yerin?" Yewon asked, taking a seat on one of the comfy living room chairs. "Sojung told me that you're taking Eunha along with you to class."

"I am." Yerin nodded. "My professor really likes her."

"Mainly because she helps her concentrate." Yuna commented, placing the plate on the coffee table in front of the couch. "Has she not told you yet?"

"Told me what?" Yewon tilted her head. Yerin could only grin proudly, Eunha still chugging down the orange flavored soda as fast as she could before Sojung and SinB came back.

"I'm at the top of my class now." Yerin said proudly. Yewon's eyes sparkled, the younger girl clapping her hands together in a excited motion.

"Wow! Yerin, that's great!" Yewon exclaimed. 

"Isn't it?" Yuna agreed with a large smile. "She might even get to graduate early this year!" 

"I can't believe it." Yewon continued to praise Yerin. "That's so wonderful. I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks, Yewon." Yerin laughed. "My parents are super proud of me too. They even mentioned a potential surprise for me once I graduate."

"Do they know about Eunha?" Yewon asked. 

"Yeah. She met them once when they came by to visit." Yerin said, patting Eunha's back gently. "They fell in love with her the second they met her."

"You should have seen Eunha's face." Yuna laughed, the memory crossing her mind briefly. "She was so confused when they started giving her gifts."

"I talk to them about her a lot." Yerin admitted sheepishly. "I wasn't expecting them to go so overboard."

"I guess it runs in the family." Yewon replied. "I'm just glad that the aquarium finally gave up on looking for Eunha. They probably think someone released her into the ocean and she swam away."

"I think so too." Yerin agreed. Eunha was barely listening in to the conversation, more concentrated on the delicious sandwich in her hands. She had finished off her soda, chomping down hungrily on the sandwich. 

"Put me down, Sojung!" SinB yelled, the missing two finally returning. SinB's body was slung over Sojung's shoulder, the taller carrying her into the room like a sack of potatoes. SinB was squirming, slapping Sojung's back in a demand to be released.

"Are you gonna behave?" Sojung asked with a sing song voice, teasing the younger girl. 

"Yeah, yeah!" SinB yelled again, trying to get out of Sojung's grip. "Just put me down!"

Sojung laughed before finally placing the red haired girl down to her feet. Everyone was staring at the two, even Eunha had paused her hungry eating to look at SinB in confusion. 

"Sorry, did we interrupt something?" Sojung asked, taking her hand to lovingly smooth down SinB's ruffed hair. SinB looked like she wanted to punch Sojung but she allowed the taller to continue, her arms crossed stubbornly. 

"Not really." Yewon shook her head. "We were just talking about how good Yerin is doing in her classes. Did you know she might graduate early?"

"Really?" Sojung's expression changed, a proud smile appearing on her features. "Good job, Yerin. I knew you could do it."

"Thanks, Sojung." Yerin replied, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. 

"We aren't here to talk about school." SinB interjected. "Aren't we supposed to be having fun?"

"Yes, of course." Sojung laughed. "What does everyone want to do? We don't have to stay inside all day."

"Beach!" Eunha spoke up, her sandwich finished. "I wanna go to the beach!"

"I like that idea." Yewon smiled. "It's too cold to swim in the ocean but we can still enjoy the little shops nearby and the pier! Plus, the beach is super pretty at night."

"I guess I'm fine with that." SinB said. "It wont be boring with Eunha with us."

"Make sure she's wearing a jacket and then we can go." Sojung agreed before shooting SinB a ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter