Five

Starlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunha, its not an option." SinB huffed, frustration clear on her face. "You need to take these. Sojung's orders."

"No way." Eunha grumbled, the mermaid slapping her tail against the surface of the bathtub water. "I don't want that. I want ice cream."

"You aren't getting it until you take these pills." SinB shot back, trying to grip at Eunha's face so that she could place the antibiotic pills in . Eunha was stubborn, growling and keeping shut as best as she could. Finally, SinB was able to pry the mermaid's jaw open, slipping the pills in the siren's mouth before covering it with her hand.

Eunha pushed at SinB's hand, freeing . It looked like the mermaid was about to give in and swallow the pills but instead, Eunha spat them out of , the pills hitting SinB in the chest before falling to the bathroom floor with a small clatter.

"You little-" SinB started to say before the bathroom door opened, revealing Yerin standing in the doorway.

"Hey, hey." Yerin interrupted, SinB still fuming as she glared at the disobedient mermaid. "You know she doesn't respond well to yelling."

"I know. But does she really gotta be such a baby?" SinB exhaled, pinching at Eunha's cheek. Eunha whined at the touch, trying to bite SinB's hand playfully.

"At least she has energy again." Yerin chuckled, giving SinB's shoulder an encouraging squeeze before reaching down and picking up the pills off the floor. 

It was almost the end of the week and Eunha was recovering smoothly, her ribs and injuries slowly disappearing and muscle growing back where it had been lost. Her short hair had regained its shine and her scales on her tail and neck were brighter than before. She was beautiful. A gorgeous mermaid. But it was clear that her time in the aquarium had caused trauma, the hybrid acting more childish than any of the girls had been expecting. 

"Eunha~" Yerin cooed, catching the mermaid's attention quickly. "I'll let you have two scoops of ice cream this time if you take these."

That was more than enough to convince Eunha, the mermaid opening for Yerin to place the pills inside. Yerin laughed, watching as Eunha took the pills as fast as she could. After the pills had been swallowed successfully, the hybrid made a face, clearly not enjoying the process.

"They taste gross." Eunha said, giggling as Yerin started to ruffle her hair affectionately. 

"I know. But you wont have to take them for much longer." Yerin replied, smiling at the sound of Eunha's happy laughter. SinB was watching from beside her, a small smile appearing on her face as well.

"Yerin?" Yuna's voice called out from the living room. "Can you come here?" 

"Give me a second!" Yerin yelled back, giving Eunha's hair one last ruffle, making a few short strands stick out funny. "Alright, naughty girl. Behave while I'm gone, okay? No biting SinB."

Eunha nodded, watching Yerin leave before focusing back on SinB with a sheepish expression.

"S...Sorry, SinB." The mermaid said quietly, her tail wiggling nervously in the warm bath water.

"It's okay, Eunha." SinB laughed, poking the hybrid's nose teasingly. "Now, should I finish reading the storybook from last night?"

"Yeah!" Eunha's blue eyes shone with excitement, SinB continuing to laugh as she took the book, that was propped up against the tub, in her hands.

 

"What's going on?" Yerin asked, sitting down next to Yuna on the couch. Yuna only gestured to the news story on TV, turning up the volume with her remote.

"One of the local aquarium's prized exhibits went missing. The police have no leads so if you see anything suspicious, please call the number on your screen. Again this is urgent. A large sum of money will be given to anyone who brings the missing mermaid back."

"Idiots." Yerin smirked, crossing her arms across her chest proudly. 

"I can't believe we got away with it." Yuna chuckled, turning the volume back down and switching to a different channel. "SinB was right about their security being outdated."

"What a bunch of rich s." Yerin scoffed. "They deserve every inch of karma that's coming to them."

"Enough about them, hows Eunha doing?" Yuna changed the subject, changing the TV to a cooking show. She wasn't completely interested in the show but it would provide some background noise for their conversation.

"She's looking better every day." Yerin said. "Sojung said that she can stop taking the antibiotic pills tomorrow. Both Yewon and Sojung want to visit but they're busy for the next few weeks."

"I noticed that she's been talking more." Yuna nodded. "It seems like she mainly talks to you, though. I wish she would do the same to me and SinB."

"I think she gets nervous easily." Yerin sighed. "She talks to me but I still don't know much about her."

"I'm sure she'll open up to you soon." Yuna said, giving Yerin an encouraging smile. 

"But summer is going to come and go fast, Yuna." Yerin huffed, frowning at the back to school commercials playing during the TV show break. "What are we gonna do once we have to go back to classes?"

"I don't know." Yuna mumbled, turning down the TV volume again. "I've been thinking about that too."

"Yerinnnnn!" Eunha's voice whined loudly from the bathroom. "I want ice cream!"

"I'll get it now, Eunha!" Yerin called back, unable to help the smile that broke onto her face. "Just hang out with SinB for a while longer, okay?"

There was no response aside from SinB's loud laughter. Eunha was probably pouting cutely up at her like a little kid. Not wanting to keep the precious mermaid waiting any longer, Yerin got up and retrieved the ice cream from the fridge, making sure to make the scoops extra large this time.

 

________

 

  The months passed, summer coming to a close. Eunha was doing better than ever, even with Sojung and Yewon unable to visit until the last week of summer. The mermaid had grown attached everyone, especially the trio of girls that had rescued her, happy to spend time with them as much as she could. She was still childish but that was okay. It was cute. But Yerin was still nervous about the future, holding tightly onto Eunha while they both waited on the couch for Sojung and Yewon to arrive. Yuna and SinB were chatting in the kitchen, preparing dinner for everyone as Yewon and Sojung were staying over to eat as well.

"....Don't like it." Eunha grumbled, flinching as some of her hair brushed against the sensitive scales on her neck. Her hair had grown out somewhat fast, reaching past her chin and touching her shoulders slightly. But the mermaid seemed less than happy about it.

"I know. Yewon is gonna trim it today, okay?" Yerin said, laughing at the pouting mermaid. Eunha grumbled again but nodded, cuddling up to Yerin and holding onto her tightly with her arms. It was like raising a child almost,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter