Chapter 7

Spicy Noodles

Three weeks later

In the span of three weeks, the two guys had gotten very close. They had shared more secrets about their lives and eventually, Jimin had met Seokjin. The latter liked Jimin a lot, they got along very well and Seokjin loved seeing his baby brother so happy. Since their mother passed away, it was the first time he had seen him smile so much around someone that wasn’t him, Yoongi or Namjoon.

Jimin was very happy with what he had going on with Jungkook. He had told everything to Taehyung who was over the moon for his friend. Of course, he always joked about when he would make his move to start dating Jungkook but Jimin always dismissed him, saying that he liked being Jungkook’s friend. That was true, to a certain extent. Jimin still liked Jungkook a lot and as the younger opened to him more, Jimin found himself falling deeper and deeper every day. It was getting a bit problematic because Jungkook was apparently not a bit interested in being more than friends with Jimin. Jimin had tried being a little more touchy than usual some days ago and Jungkook’s reaction had been quite cold. After being pushed away a few times by the younger, Jimin had stopped and kept his distance.

Jungkook was seriously thinking that Jimin was one of the nicest people he had ever met. He was very understanding, never pushing Jungkook to do something he wasn’t comfortable with. He was a good listener too, every time Jungkook told him something, be it a funny story or something that had been bothering him, he listened from the beginning till the end and gave him some advices when he could. The day Jimin had met Seokjin had been stressful for Jungkook because he had invited Jimin home without telling Seokjin. Contrary to what Jungkook thought, Seokjin had been home in the evening, cooking dinner. It’d been a bit awkward at first but after cracking some dad jokes that Jimin loved, they all relaxed and shared a meal, talking about their lives. Jungkook was glad that he got along well with his brother because it meant that he could bring his friend home more often and maybe have sleepovers. The second Jimin had been gone, Seokjin had pounced on Jungkook, telling him how cute and handsome and nice Jimin was and how cute of a couple they would make if they got together. Jungkook had blushed, brushing his brother off before going to bed. It’s not like Jungkook hadn’t thought of it. Of course, he knew that Jimin was very attractive and his personality was great too and yes, Jungkook liked him but he didn’t know if it was romantically. Yet again, he had imagined what it’d be like to kiss Jimin before slapping himself (both mentally and physically) and thinking about something else. When Jimin had been touchy with him, he had panicked and pushed him away quite harshly, regretting it right after.

Today, Jimin’s best friend Taehyung was coming to spend a couple of days in Busan. Jimin was excited whereas Jungkook was nervous. Jimin had asked Jungkook if he wanted to go fetch Taehyung at the railway station but Jungkook had declined, deciding that it would be better for the two friends to have some alone time before meeting Taehyung. As usual, Jimin had smiled and went alone to fetch Taehyung.

“Jimin-ah!!!” Taehyung exclaimed when he saw Jimin.

He ran to Jimin and jumped into his open arms, hugging him tight.

“Taehyungie, I missed you!”

“I missed you too!” Taehyung replied as they pulled away. “I’m so happy that I’m going to spend three days with you and Jungkook!” he added, wiggling his eyebrows at the end.

“I swear to God, Tae, if you say one inappropriate comment, I’ll kill you. He’s very shy and it got me some time for him to open up so don’t you dare ruin everything! I really like him.” Jimin had said, half joking, half serious.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to scare him away, I want you to be happy. Now, lead me to your house, I wanna sleep a bit.” Taehyung said, pulling his suitcase behind him.

Of course, Taehyung didn’t sleep that afternoon but played video games with Jimin instead before Jimin cooked both of them a delicious dinner.

 

“Jungkook-ah, aren’t you meeting up with Jimin today?” Seokjin asked, entering the living room, totally exhausted from his shift.

“No, his friend is coming to see him so we agreed to see each other tomorrow instead.” Jungkook explained, not lifting his head from his noodles and movie.

“I see. Well, I’m going to sleep now.” Jin said, ruffling his brother’s hair as he made his way to his bedroom.

Usually, Jungkook ate lunch at the restaurant but he didn’t feel like going there today. It felt lonely to go there without Jimin so he chose to eat instant noodles for once. After finding an interesting movie to watch on Netflix, he made himself comfortable on the couch and began eating. He was already at his third cup and normally, he would have been crying his eyes out at the spiciness. But not too long ago, he’d noticed that he’d been able to eat more spicy food than he did before. It was great though because Jimin had stopped making fun of him for crying when he ate spicy cold noodles at the restaurant.

Hours later, when Jin woke up, they decided to order food instead of cooking as they were both too lazy to bother. When their food arrived, they sat on the floor in the living room, in front of each other on each side of the coffee table.

“So, how was work, hyung?” Jungkook asked.

“It was hell. There was this one patient I told you about, Yerim.”

“Ah yes, the little girl who has cystic fibrosis?”

“Yes. She was supposed to get transplanted today. But unfortunately, the lungs went to someone else. It was hard to make the parents calm down, they were furious. She’s been waiting for months, I get that it’s frustrating but they took their frustration out on me.” Jin sighed. “Later on, we received a guy who had been hit by a car. We did all we could but the internal haemorrhage was too serious, we couldn’t save him. It was a really bad day today. And I miss Joonie too, it’s been two days since we last saw each other.”

“I’m sorry it was a bad day, hyung. Tomorrow is your free day so you could go on a date with Namjoon hyung. I’m sure he misses you just as much.” Jungkook said, making Jin smile. “My day has been pretty uneventful. I just chilled at home since Jimin hyung was busy with his friend.”

“Oh yeah, you told me that when I came home earlier. Are you gonna meet him tomorrow?”

“Yeah. I’m a bit nervous to be honest. What if he doesn’t like me? What if he thinks I’m weird or boring because I don’t talk much?”

“Hey, don’t worry. I’m sure he’s going to like you. Jimin is very nice and I can imagine his best friend being as nice as him. Since Jimin likes you, his friend is gonna like you too. And you’re so likeable, the fact that you don’t talk much just adds to your charm.” Seokjin stated, winking at Jungkook.

“Hyung!” Jungkook complained, his ears turning red.

“I’m being serious though!” Jin said, smiling. “Anyway, about Jimin…”

“Hyung, I told you I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“I know. And I don’t wanna force you but I’m your brother. If you can’t confide in me, who else is gonna listen to you?”

“I know. It’s just… my feelings are all over the place and I don’t know what to do.” Jungkook whined, pouting.

“Try telling me about it.”

“It’s Jimin hyung. I like him a lot because he’s nice, he’s a good friend and he understands me as much as you do and you’ve known me my whole life whereas it’s only been three weeks with Jimin hyung. And that makes me feel good. The fact that he knows me as much as my brother without having known me for a long time makes me feel kinda special. Like I really matter to him.” Jungkook took a breath, trying to calm his racing heart. “I know he likes me. I would be a total moron if I didn’t know this. But when he tried to be a bit touchier, I pushed him away and I feel really bad about that because I don’t want him to…”

Jungkook trailed off, suddenly realising what he was going to say.

“To?” Jin asked.

“To get the wrong idea.” Jungkook said in a whisper.

“Is it clear now?” Jin asked, a wide smile on his face. Jungkook nodded.

“Oh my gosh. I like Jimin hyung. I like Jimin hyung.” He quietly said.

“Are you going to tell him?” Jin asked, trying to contain his excitement.

“I don’t know… Not now at least. Not while his friend is in town.” Jungkook replied, still trying to process the revelation.

“How long is he staying?”

“There’s two days left.”

“That’s okay, it’s not long. I can wait until then.” Jin said, earning a glare from Jungkook. “I meant, you can wait until then.” he corrected, chuckling.