Chapter 2

Spicy Noodles

The moment Jungkook entered the house, Jin came running at him.

"Where were you? I was so worried you would do something reckless after the talk we had." He said, guilt lacing his voice.

"Hyung, I'm sorry about how I reacted. I know that you have it as hard as me and I'm sorry for being selfish." Jungkook apologised.

"Jungkook-ah, I'm sorry too. You're all I have left, I don't wanna lose you. Take care of yourself when I can't, please." Jin said, hugging his little brother. Jungkook nodded and sat down with his brother on the couch.

"Have you eaten?" Jungkook asked.

"I was supposed to go out with Joonie but we decided it would be better to eat all together."

"I'm sorry." The younger apologised.

"Don't be. I like spending quality time with the both of you and Joon likes you a lot as well." Jin stated, smiling softly at his brother.

"I like him a lot too. He treats you well, just how you deserve to be treated."

Then, the bell rang and Jin went to open the door.

"Hi, love." Namjoon said, gently pecking his lover on the lips.

"Hi, baby. How was your day?" Jin asked, taking his boyfriend's jacket.

"It was okay. Still arranging my next song. Hey, Jungkook. How are you? It's been a while." Namjoon said, hugging Jungkook.

"I'm fine. Sorry about your date." He apologised, guilty.

"It's fine, we'll have other nights." Namjoon said, smiling.

"So, should we watch a movie first? It's only 4pm." Jin asked, as they all sat down in the living room.

"Why not? What do you wanna watch Namjoon hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"Let's watch a horror movie!" Namjoon exclaimed, excited.

"Oh no!" Jin whined.

"Love, you promised me we would watch a horror movie next time! You have to keep your promise." Namjoon stated.

"But you know how I hate horror movies." Jin mumbled, pouting. "I guess Kookie is okay with it as well... which one?" Jin asked.

"The Nun." Jungkook and Namjoon said in unison.

"Oh my ing god. I hate you both for making me go through this." Jin stated before putting the movie on and going back to cuddle with Namjoon.

Jungkook felt a bit guilty but he was also glad he had Namjoon to help him relax.

At the end of the movie, Jin ordered fried chicken for three along with a bottle of Coke and two cans of beer. Twenty minutes later, the three boys were seated around the table, eating and talking.

When he was done eating, Jungkook told the couple goodnight before going to his room. As he was trying to fall asleep, his thoughts wandered to the cute guy he had seen at the restaurant earlier. He was really cute and he had never seen him before. He wondered if he was part of those students that decided to come to Busan to study at the new university of art. Jungkook shook his head and fell asleep, secretly hoping that he'd see him again tomorrow.

 

The next morning

"I'm finally all settled in my new apartment, Tae, I'm so happy!" Jimin exclaimed through his phone.

"I bet you are so happy to be away from me." Taehyung grumbled.

"Nooo~ Tae you know that's not true~~!!" Jimin whined, pouting even though he knew his friend couldn't see him.

"Anyway, are you going back to that restaurant today again?" He asked.

"Yep. I hope I'll see him today as well. I'll try talking to him this time." Jimin stated, determined.

"I hope you'll finally seduce him and stop ranting about him to me." Taehyung joked.

"Tae, you know very well that if we do get together I'll be even more annoying and bother you with TMI stuffs." Jimin replied, making his friend laugh along with him.

"Anyway. I gotta go, mom is waiting for me, we're going grocery shopping. Love you, bubs."

"Love you too." Jimin answered and hung up. Looking at the time, Jimin figured that the boy would most likely show up in a couple of minutes so he quickly went out, walking to the restaurant.

When he arrived, he warmly greeted the old lady and they talked a bit before he gave her his order. He looked around, only now noticing that he was alone in the restaurant. Suddenly, the little bell rang and Jungkook entered, furtively glancing towards Jimin.

“Hello, Jungkook. How are you today?” the woman asked the younger.

“I’m fine thanks. How about you ajumeoni?” he asked as he sat down.

“I’m doing very fine, thanks. Same as usual?” she asked even though she knew the answer. Jungkook nodded and she smiled.

A couple of minutes later, Jimin’s food arrived and he thanked the woman before diving in. As the food was a little too spicy for his liking, he got up and went to fill his cup with water. While returning to his table, he glanced at Jungkook and made eye contact. He shyly smiled at him, the other not returning it. Jimin wasn’t surprised by the lack of reaction and resumed on eating. Jungkook’s food came and he started eating. Jimin supposed that today he wasn’t handling the spiciness as well as usually because, in no time, his cup was empty. He got up and went to fill it up before sitting back down.

As Jimin was done with his own food, he had an idea. Jungkook’s cup was once again empty. Without thinking too much, he got up and grabbed Jungkook’s cup, going to fill it with water. Jungkook looked at him with wide eyes and Jimin smiled.

“I thought I could spare you from getting up one more time.” He said before walking to the woman.

“How much do I owe you?” he asked.

“3,500 wons, please.” She answered. He paid, thanked her for the meal and as he was going out of the restaurant, he turned to Jungkook.

“Have a nice day.” He said and walked away.

 

In the evening

“Hyung! I’m home!” Jungkook said, entering the apartment.

When no one answered, he made his way to the kitchen, finding a little note on the fridge.

Hyung went out for grocery shopping I’ll be back around 3.

Jungkook sighed and plumped down on the couch, turning the TV on. As he mindlessly watched some talk show, he thought of what the boy had done. It was kind of strange that he filled his cup but he couldn’t complain. He really hated getting up when he was eating.

“That’s so strange…” he mumbled to himself and decided to close his eyes.

 

The door closed loudly and Jungkook jumped awake.

“Hyung?” he sleepily asked.

“Were you sleeping?” Jin asked, stepping in the living room, his arms full of bags. Jungkook stood up to help him.

“Yeah.” He answered.

“How is ajumeoni?” Jin asked.

“She’s fine. By the way, there’s something I want to tell you.” Jungkook said.

“Help me put those away and I’ll listen to you.” Jin said, smiling.

When they were done, they went to sit on the couch and Jungkook told him what happened.

“That’s sweet.” Jin said.

“Isn’t that strange?” Jungkook asked.

“Maybe a little. But I think that this guy found you cute and wanted you to notice him. It’s kinda cute to be honest.” Jin said, shrugging. Seeing that Jungkook wasn’t convinced, he went on. “Look, if it really bothers you, you can still talk to him next time you see him and tell him not to do it again.”

“Yeah.” Jungkook said. “I think I’ll do that.”

“Now, a serious question. Was he cute?” Jin teasingly asked.

“Hyung!” Jungkook complained, hitting his brother on the arm.