Chapter 1

Spicy Noodles

It was really hot that day in Busan. Jimin could have sworn that it was over 40°C. He liked summer because he was able to not feel cold but he also hated it because he always felt like a roasting chicken. But he wasn't mad about the weather this time because he had just moved in his new apartment. It was close to the sea, which he really appreciated. After moving all his stuff by himself, he was hungry as hell and decided to go to this small and cosy restaurant he had seen this morning when he arrived. It was 3pm so he hoped it was still open. After a five minutes walk, he arrived and almost jumped in joy when he noticed it was still open. He entered, greeted the middle-aged woman who welcomed him and sat around a small round wooden table. She gave him a menu and a plastic cup. He thanked her and began to look at the menu. Suddenly, he heard a loud sniffling sound coming from his left. Jimin turned his head and saw a young boy, probably around his age, eating what looked like spicy cold noodles. Said boy also had tears streaming down his face, which he immediately wiped. Jimin thought he looked funny, his nose running and eyes full of tears but still willing to eat and finish his meal. The middle-aged woman came to take Jimin's order and smiled to him before she went back to the counter. When Jimin's meal arrived, the young man got up, paid for the food and went out, to Jimin's dismay.

The next day, Jimin called his friend Taehyung to tell him about the guy. Taehyung being Taehyung, he told his friend to 'get his d*ck', resulting in Jimin hanging up on him. When Taehyung called back, he apologised and told him to go back to the restaurant and try talking to him. Jimin listened to him and went there to eat lunch. When he entered, there wasn't a single free table and the boy wasn't there. So, he went out and came back one hour later, around 1pm, starving. He was pleased to see most of the tables empty. The one he had sat around yesterday was empty too so he sat there again, the middle-aged lady bringing him a menu and a cup.

"You're here again." She said.

"I think you'll see me often since I've just moved here." Jimin answered, smiling warmly.

"You're not the only one. A lot of young people moved in the new building near the sea."

"I see." Jimin said, looking through the menu. "I think I'll take the spicy seafood stew this time." He added and the lady nodded, taking the menu and going to the kitchen, telling the other lady to prepare Jimin's choice.

Five minutes later, the door to the restaurant opened, the young boy entering.

"Hello." He said and Jimin thought he had a beautiful voice. Deep but soft, which suited his features well. He looked manly but also boyish, his sharp jawline contrasting with his big eyes that looked like they were holding the entire universe in them.

Jimin blushed as they made eye contact and smiled to himself.

"Hello, Jungkook." The lady greeted. "Same as usual?" She asked.

"Of course." Jungkook answered, a sad smile on his lips.

Jimin was surprised by the boy's smile but couldn't think about it longer as his order was placed on the table.

"There you go, young man."

"Thank you." Jimin replied, diving in.

Jimin's stew was spicier than he had expected it to be so, he got up to fill his cup with water. He sat back down and went on eating.

Some minutes later, Jungkook's meal came and he dived in like he hadn't eaten for days. Jimin looked at him for some seconds and went on eating. At one moment, Jungkook got up to fill his cup with water and made Jimin blush as he met his eyes as he went to sit back down. Jimin couldn’t stop glancing at Jungkook as he was too handsome. But he was also intrigued. Why did he always eat the same dish, did he eat here on the evenings too, did he live far from Jimin? So much questions but no answers for Jimin.

A couple of minutes later, Jimin finished eating. He got up, thanked the woman as he paid and got out, looking one last time at Jungkook before disappearing. When he got back to his apartment, he called Taehyung.

“Hey, Taetae~”

“Hi, Jiminie. How are you? Why are you calling so early in the afternoon?”

“I’m fine. Am I disturbing you? I can call you later–”

“Nah it’s okay. I was bored anyway. If you were here, we’d go out but you’re not so I’m just chillin’ in my room all alone.”

“Stop making me feel guilty. It isn’t my fault I had to go back to Busan.”

“I know, I know. Anyway, why are you calling? Wait, let me guess… you met the cute restaurant guy again?”

“Yep. We kept glancing at each other and, , he’s so hot. What do I do?”

“ him.”

“I can’t do that! We don’t even know each other. And he could be straight.”

“No straight man can remain straight after seeing you. You turned me gay.”

“You’re right. I’m hot after all.”

“That, you are my friend. Anyway, maybe you should try talking to him and then him. But that’s no fun at all.”

“I swear to God–”

“Chill! I dunno, you could pay for his meal or something.”

“That’s a good idea… I’ll think of something. Anyway, tell me about how your break is going so far.”

The best friends kept talking until the evening. When Jimin got hungry, he decided to go to the supermarket to buy some groceries.

One hour and a half later, he was eating his own home-made dinner while watching the new drama Taehyung told him about.