Chapter 3

Spicy Noodles

The next day

Jungkook left the house early for the restaurant. He figured it would be easier to talk to the guy if he came early. Jungkook would finish eating before him and when he’d be done eating, he’d tell the guy what he thought of the gesture and walk away. But when he entered the little restaurant, the guy was already there. Just as Jungkook sat down, the guy got his order, thanked the old lady and began eating.

“Jungkook-ah! How are you?” asked the old lady.

“I’m fine, thanks. How about you?” Jungkook asked, trying not to look at the guy.

“I’m alright. As usual?” she asked.

“You know the answer.” Jungkook replied, smiling at the old lady.

She walked back to the counter and Jungkook got up to fill his cup with water. He took a sip and looked at the guy. Jungkook noticed he was eating a kimchi stew. It was very hot so he was blowing on every spoonful he took to his mouth. He really wanted to ignore how plump the guy’s lips were and how they formed the cutest pout he’d ever seen when he blew on the food before eating. Jungkook thought he wasn’t being obvious until the guy spoke.

“Take a pic, it’ll last longer.” He softly said, looking at him.

Jungkook blushed. He was embarrassed that he’d been caught staring and even more when he saw the guy was smirking. Jungkook wanted the floor to swallow him whole but he chose to reply something instead.

“As if I’d like to take a picture of you.” He scoffed.

“Who wouldn’t want to? I’m pretty attractive.” The guy said, turning back to his food, resuming on eating.

Jungkook rolled his eyes but he agreed with him. He was indeed attractive. Maybe a bit too much. But Jungkook wasn’t one to keep quiet when embarrassed.

“I’ve seen guys that were prettier than you.” He lied said and the guy smiled.

“I have to agree on that with you.” He looked at Jungkook again. “There’s one right in front of me.”

Smooth. Jungkook almost smiled at that, flattered. He didn’t know what to respond. If he agreed, it would be a lie because the guy was definitely prettier than him. But if he didn’t agree, he would admit that the guy was indeed very attractive.

Luckily, his internal fight didn’t last for long because his food arrived, making him forget to answer. He thanked the lady and began eating.

“Cat got your tongue?” Jimin teasingly asked as Jungkook chewed his food.

He ignored him and gulped his water down. Jimin chuckled and went on eating his food in silence for a couple of minutes. Jungkook noticed that he was glancing towards his cup of water. Jungkook was about to get up to fill it again but Jimin was quicker and grabbed it just before Jungkook did, their fingers almost brushing. He filled the cup and put it back down in front of the younger, a smile on his lips.

“Can you stop doing that?” Jungkook asked, trying not to sound rude.

“I’ve only done it two times though. I can’t stop something that barely started.” Jimin answered.

“Well, I’d still like you to stop please. It’s making me uncomfortable.”

“I’m sorry then. It wasn’t my intention.” Jimin said, sitting back down.

“Thanks.” Jungkook said, resuming on eating.

“I just find you cute and I’d like to know you better.” Jimin admitted, making Jungkook blush and choke a bit on his noodles. He hardly swallowed his mouthful and began to cough, gulping all of his water down, again. When he was done coughing, he looked at Jimin who was staring at him, a bit concerned.

“I’m flattered.” He said, pausing a bit. “We could… I don’t know, exchange numbers? If you want to, I mean.” Jungkook said, adverting his eyes. Jimin’s gaze was kind of intimidating.

“Of course I want to!” Jimin replied, handing his phone to the younger. The latter entered his number while Jimin finished the last bits of his food. He thanked him when Jungkook handed his phone back. Jimin then went to the counter, thanked the old ladies, paid and was about to go out when Jungkook called him.

“Wait! Can I know your name at least?”

“Jimin. Park Jimin. I’ll text you later Jungkookie.” Jimin answered and went away.

 

“Oh my god, Tae, you won’t believe what happened!” Jimin exclaimed. He had just called Taehyung, ready to tell him everything.

“I bet you met that guy once again.” Taehyung replied, quite excited as well.

“Yes! And we exchanged numbers!”

“What?! Can you please rewind, I think I missed something.”

“Oh, right! We talked a bit today. You know how I went to refill his cup of water, right? Well, he told me I made him uncomfortable so I apologised and told him that I found him cute. He said he was flattered and suggested that we exchanged numbers.” Jimin explained, beaming.

“Wait, he offered? That’s great!”

“Yeah, I guess. I mean, I still have to text him and see how it goes. But I’m happy he offered and I really want to get to know him. At least as a friend.”

“That’s the good mindset! And if he doesn’t wanna be your friend, it’s his loss. You’re the best friend anyone could hope for.”

“Thanks, TaeTae. I love you.”

“I love you too, Min.”

Jimin hung up and lied down on his bed, his phone still in his hand.

“Maybe I should text Jungkook…” he mumbled to himself.

 

Jungkook was sitting down next to Jin, explaining what had happened with Jimin today when his phone buzzed.

 

Hi, Jungkookie! It’s Jimin 😊

 

Jungkook sighed, showing his phone screen to Jin.

“Oh my god, he didn’t wait to text you. That’s pretty cute to be honest.”

“Should I reply?” Jungkook asked.

“Of course! And it doesn’t mean anything, he told you he wanna be friends with you.”

Jungkook nodded and typed a reply.

 

Hello, Jimin-ssi.

 

“Gosh, Kook, you’re being too formal.” Jin said, laughing out loud.

“Hyung! You’re supposed to be helping me here!” Jungkook whined.

“I’m not helping such an awkward gay! I’m outta here.” Jin said, getting up and walking to his room, ignoring Jungkook’s pleas.

The younger’s phone buzzed again.

 

How are you doing?

 

Jungkook sighed deeply, deciding to text Jimin to see how it goes – and prove to Jin that he’s not an awkward gay.

 

I’m fine, hbu?

Fine too

What are you doing? 😊

Nothing besides texting you

You?

Same~

Do you think we could meet up for lunch tomorrow?

 

Jungkook took some time to think about an answer. He wanted to meet the other guy but he didn’t want the other to misunderstand. He still decided to agree.

Okay

12PM?

Great!

Same restaurant?

Yes

See you tomorrow Jimin

See you tomorrow Jungkookie 😉

 

Jungkook sighed, put his phone down beside him and lied on the couch, closing his eyes.