The Dongsaengs and The Agreement

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 : The Dongsaengs and The Agreement

 

March 9, 2021

3 days. It’s been 3 days since Jongkook put her on the bed and left the house. Jihyo cried herself to sleep every night but she still won’t give up in calling him first. He also didn’t call her, he called the staffs to check on her but never directly called her. Last night, Jihyo had this ugly thought that maybe she’s too clingy, too childish to be mad at him for possibly nothing. He came home to her that night, it’s not like he spend a night with whoever that woman was. It’s not in his nature to cheat, Jihyo is sure of that.

 

For 3 days, her friends and even Seongmoon called her. But she didn’t answer and didn’t call back. There’s only one call that she waited but never came. She accidentally heard her maid talked with him on the phone, only because she was being super quiet when she went to get some water from the kitchen.

 

Jihyo is never a clingy, dependent person before. She grew up as an older sister, it’s in her blood to count on herself more. She didn’t understand why should she felt insecure about her new-found relationship with Jongkook. She never did before, she never had men cheated on her too so she had no ‘trauma’ about it. Why would she overthink the damn perfume, then?

 

She also didn’t understand why would he lie to her about something she specifically asked? Is it to ease her mind or is it to really hide the truth? She should’ve let him explain before he left but of course, her stubborn self would rather torture her mind by letting him left before listening to anything.

 

The babies were being so restless too. It’s like they know there’s something going on with their parents and they didn’t like it. They keep Jihyo up at night more than before, making her anxious too.

 

Lost in her own thoughts, Jihyo didn’t hear her maid’s knock until she peeked from the door. “Miss, Kwangsoo-ssi is here.” The maid informed. “Ne? Why?” Jihyo asked confusedly.

 

“What do you mean why, noona? You didn’t answer any of our calls.” Kwangsoo called from behind the maid. Jihyo sighed, this one dongsaeng is really annoyingly nice. “Come inside, Kwangsoo-ya. I don’t have any energy to move.” She called from the bed. Kwangsoo walked inside but keep the door opened, he’s a full of manner guy, after all.

 

“Noona, how are you doing?” he asked, taking a seat on an armchair near the bed. “Awful.” Jihyo answered with a moody voice. “Did you even sleep, noona? Those eyebags are the worst I’ve seen.” Kwangsoo asked with a sad and serious voice, pointing at her clearly visible eyebags. “The twins are restless and I only have like 2 hours of sleep every night.”

 

Kwangsoo heard from Donghoon hyeong that Jongkook hyeong did something to make Jihyo noona angry. He didn’t know the details but he’s not going to ask about it, seeing how down she looked right now. He’s going to try his best to avoid the topic now. “You should get some sleep noona, do you want me to order you something to eat?” Jihyo shook her head. “I ate 2 rolls of gimbab and a bowl of chicken soup before you came.”

 

“Two??? Even I can’t eat that much at one time, noona.” Jihyo threw a pillow at him. “I’m eating for three you know.” Kwangsoo grinned. “Mianhaeyo, noona.” He stood and walked towards the opened door of the nursery room. “Wah, the room looks ready to use noona. Do you need anything else for the babies?” He asked as he looked around the clean and organized baby things around the room. “I need to pack a bag for when I’m in labor but I have no energy for it.”

 

“How long are you now with the pregnancy?” Kwangsoo asked. He had a feeling that this noona didn’t want to pack the babies’ bag without Jongkook hyeong, so he changed the topic again. “29 weeks, I’m in my 7th months.” Kwangsoo only nodded before focusing on touching the babies’ different bottles of products Jihyo lined up in one of the shelves.

 

“Seriously though noona, do you have everything the babies need? If not, I will buy it for you. I haven’t got you anything yet.” Kwangsoo tried again. “Well, I think the babies need their appa now.” She answered sorrowly, it surprised Kwangsoo and made him turn around fast. “Ne??”

 

It wasn’t like Jihyo to admit something so personal like that. Even through their years of friendship, Kwangsoo knew she held most things inside unlike everyone else. She normally wouldn’t say things easily like that. “Jongkook oppa hasn’t call me even once for 3 days now.” She continued, making Kwangsoo a little sad. She must’ve missed him a lot for her to admit it carelessly to Kwangsoo.

 

“Noona… I heard from Donghoon hyeong that you’re fighting with Jongkook hyeong but I didn’t think you want to talk about it.” Kwangsoo admitted as he took a seat back on the armchair he sat before. “But do you want to talk about it now? What happened?”

 

Jihyo hugged her pillow closer before re-telling everything about the fight. “Now that I talked to you about it, I wouldn’t call this an actual fight. It’s more like a time-out, as Jongkook oppa said.” Kwangsoo chuckled lowly. He wouldn’t imagine to hear 2 of his older brother and sister called this situation as a time-out like kids being scolded by their parents.

 

“Noona, you have every right to be angry at him.” Kwangsoo’s words made Jihyo looked up. “And you both went through all of this in a short period of time. Of course you’d have doubts on him, I might say every couple at their early stage of relationship experienced something like this too.”

 

Jihyo shrugged, she didn’t understand anything. One would call her a babo, relationship-wise. “You knew him for 10 years now, but not as a boyfriend. It’s okay to think that you deserve to know things he does outside now.” He advised wisely. “You have a right to know, same goes for him. Let him know if you’re not comfortable to be in the dark about things.”

 

Jihyo drank everything Kwangsoo said. She let her mind accepted everything because she knew Kwangsoo is right. “Wouldn’t he say that I’m childish to be jealous of a woman who simply hugged him?” Kwangsoo shook his head firmly. “I’d be mad if my girlfriend is not jealous, noona.” He admitted with a chuckle.

 

“Does Sunbin gets jealous often?” Kwangsoo tilted his head. “I wouldn’t call it often, but she does monitors the guests we have in Running Man. And she watched the show if we have female guests to be sure.” He explained with an example, and Jihyo finally understand the feeling she had for the past few days.

 

“Call him, noona. Or do you want me to make Jongkook hyeong call you instead?” Jihyo sulked again. “Shouldn’t he call me first though?” Kwangsoo nodded. “He should but maybe he’s giving you time to forgive him.”

 

“Forgive? I didn’t even know the woman other than Byul who came to the dinner.”

“Whoever is it, you have a right to be angry because he lied to you, noona.” Kwangsoo tried to convince. He finally understand that Jihyo had this pride of not wanting to admit that she’s jealous to whoever the perfume’s owner is. No matter who she is. Kwangsoo cursed that person internally, he wouldn’t admit it out loud but he cursed them inside his head for making his sister and brother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter