Home

Thrice the Price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pace of their lives had settled back to normal. Joohyun and Seulgi had been busy with work this week, barely having time for each other. But it was routine, something they were used to with their kids. When it was time to sleep, they were both exhausted after a long day of work and parenting, sometimes barely exchanging a goodnight before falling into a short deep slumber.

Tonight, was no different. Joohyun was on her laptop, finishing some e-mails, while Seulgi was reviewing homework with their daughters. Checking their readings and math drills wasn’t an easy task especially when the three of them whined constantly. But tonight, it was Seulgi’s turn to help them.

‘’Are you finished soon? I’m going to start cooking dinner.’’ Joohyun announced, closing her laptop and rubbing her temples.

‘’About thirty minutes more,’’ Seulgi said and immediately her three daughters protested.

‘’Mom nooooo!’’ Ahreum rolled on the ground dramatically which Seulgi ignored not to give them an opportunity to get completely distracted from the homework they just started.

‘’Noodles with pork and kimchi? Or Sujebi? Girls?’’ Joohyun asked looking through the drawers in the kitchen.

‘’Noodles mommy please,’’ Chaewon asked before going back to her homework.

‘’Noodles.’’ Seulgi repeated kissing Chaewon’s head. Joohyun nodded in response and started cooking.

 

 

‘’Ahreum, you’re spilling the sauce all over your face.’’ Joohyun sighed putting her chopsticks down reaching over to clean her daughter’s face with a napkin.

The dinner was lively, with the girls talking about their day animatedly. It was always during dinner that they were the most excited, because they could share their day with their moms.

‘’We played on the slide today and Jinyoung went down on her tummy, it was funny!’’ Chaewon giggled putting noodles in her face.

‘’That’s a bit dangerous,’’ Seulgi frowned.

‘’I’m sure the teachers were near.’’ Joohyun reassured her wife.

‘’Yeah, she told us to stop doing it like that.’’ Jinyoung pouted.

‘’Alright, but eat up, I still have to bathe you all and it’s a school night. It’s already late girls.’’ Seulgi said taking Jinyoung chopsticks, helping her eat seeing she was struggling.

‘’We’ll clean with the girls and you get the shower ready?’’ Seulgi asked Joohyun trying not to make a mess with Jinyoung.

‘’Sure.’’ Joohyun replied with a smile, watching over Chaewon and Ahreum.

 

 

After putting their daughters to sleep and showering, Seulgi came back to the living room sitting on the couch. She opened her laptop and reviewed some e-mails for the next day. Her wife was still on her computer, too engrossed to even notice Seulgi.

Seulgi noticed her dark circles and how her wife kept fidgeting. These past two weeks they barely had any kind of free time, in between their parenting and respective jobs. On top of that, the triplet’s fourth birthday was approaching, which demanded quite a bite of organization when it came to gifts. The situation didn’t ease for Joohyun who kept on having night terrors lately.

‘’Babe?’’ Seulgi called out, closing her laptop, judging her wife needed more attention than her work.

‘’Hm?’’ Joohyun automatically hummed, without looking up.

‘’You’ve been having nightmares lately, aren’t you exhausted?’’

‘’What?’’ Joohyun immediately looked at Seulgi with a bewildered expression.

‘’Come here, rest a bit.’’ Seulgi urged, patting the sofa.

‘’Just one more e-mai-‘’

‘’Joohyun.’’ Seulgi sternly repeated, glaring at her wife. With a sigh, Joohyun closed her laptop and sat next to Seulgi, her arms crossed.

‘’Do you want to tell me about it? Maybe talking about it will make them less likely to happen…’’ Seulgi tried.

‘’You know what they’re about.’’ Joohyun whispered, playing with her fingers. ‘’There’s no use, we’re over that.’’

‘’Well clearly not since you keep having nightmares. We said last time we’d talk about it.’’ Seulgi disagreed and Joohyun bit her lip, glancing at the slightly open door of their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter