Ten

Thrice the Price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 After a busy weekend spent celebrating their daughter’s fourth birthday, Seulgi and Joohyun were both exhausted. They had tried their best to do as much activities with their daughters throughout the weekend, resulting in putting a lot of work for later. This load of work was now piling up on them, and it was the end of the week again, their work still unfinished.

The appointment with the couple therapist was yesterday and it allowed them a breather. Although Joohyun still had nightmares, the therapist it had nothing to do with grudges she was holding against Seulgi, but simply the fear of losing her loomed over her head as she witnessed it. She encouraged the couple to take more time for themselves, telling them it was okay to put their couple first more often.

It was something that Seulgi strongly agreed with and proposed to go on a trip in two weeks, with a few of their friends and just them. Seulgi’s parents were more than glad to spend two days with their favorite granddaughters.

Today was Friday, which unfortunately for Seulgi and Joohyun meant the longest day at work to finish everything to take care of their daughters. And today was going to be difficult, that is according to Joohyun. She wanted to announce to the girls that they were going to have another baby sibling. The couple was scared of their reaction, they didn’t even know if they would be aware of what it meant. Seulgi was even more awkward that it might entail more questions about how to make babies, something she was entirely not ready for.

 

Seulgi decided to pick up her daughters from school earlier. She was home already, and cutting cucumbers putting them on her daughter’s faces.

‘’Can I eat these?’’ Ahreum asked, putting a slice of cucumber into .

‘’Yes.’’ Seulgi replied, putting slices on Jinyoung’s face.

‘’Why are we doing this?’’ Chaewon asked, sitting up, making all the slices fall on the carpet.

‘’Your mother is going to kill me.’’ Seulgi sighed, picking them up. She didn’t even know how it came to this point. Joohyun would be home any minute now and she had no means of explaining the mess.

‘’Can we have cucumber sandwich for dinner?’’ Ahreum asked, having eaten all her slices. Seulgi turned her head towards the kitchen widening her eyes in realization.

‘’Oh my god, I forgot to defrost the chicken.’’ She got up going to the freezer, to take out the meat. But luck was never on her side, and that exact moment Joohyun entered the apartment.

‘’Hi… Girls?’’ She asked in confusion, seeing the girls with cucumbers on their faces, some on the floor.

‘’Seulgiiiiii,’’ she whined strolling inside the kitchen. Seulgi guiltily smiled at her with the frozen chicken in her hands. ‘’You know what, put it back inside. We’ll just order for tonight. I’m exhausted.’’ She said, going back to the living room where she collapsed on the couch.

‘’Why the hell are there cucumbers all over the living room?’’ She asked, her daughters still playing with them.

‘’Mommy wanted a spa!’’ Jinyoung exclaimed, hugging Joohyun.

‘’I hope mommy also cleans the spa.’’ She kissed Jinyoung and the two other girls.

‘’Yes, yes. Sorry I just… lost track

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter