Late Night

Thrice the Price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’Hyun, I think the babysitter is here. Could you go open the door?’’ Seulgi exclaimed from the bathroom, doing her hair, looking in the mirror. She didn’t get a reply but instead heard her wife going over to open the door followed by her three daughters who were curious as to who would stay with them for the night. Brushing her hair one last time, putting on lipstick she made her way to the living room where her wife was already talking with the babysitter, their three kids curiously peeking at the young woman.

‘’Hello, I’m Seulgi, the other mom.’’ Seulgi greeted with a bright smile bowing. The young woman returned the gesture.

‘’My name’s Eunae, nice to meet you.’’ She replied and Seulgi smiled, letting her wife resume the explanations. She glanced to the side, admiring her wife. Her hair was in a low and neat ponytail. She was wearing a black bodysuit, showing her back, with flare suit pants. A blazer was on the couch, probably the one her wife wanted to wear for the night.

‘’The kids already have their dinner, just need to reheat it. They can watch one episode of cartoons and if you can, try to make them go sleep at last at 9pm. And Chaewon sometimes has accidents, so I put a diaper with her pajamas. Yeah, I think that’s all? Seulgi is that all?’’ Joohyun asked, nervously scratching her neck as if recounting all the thing she was supposed to say.

‘’Yes darling.’’ Seulgi said, coming over putting a hand on Joohyun’s waist and kissing her temple. She then smiled at the young babysitter. ‘’My wife worry a bit too much. If there’s any problem just call. Do not hesitate, okay?’’ She asked with a small smile.

‘’Chaewon don’t need diapers!’’ They heard their little one exclaim and Seulgi rolled her eyes. She kneeled down in front of her kid.

‘’Chaewon, baby, you need diapers for tonight. Yesterday you wet the bed, remember?’’ Seulgi tried, and Chaewon furrowed her brows shaking her head and stomping.

‘’No! I’m not a baby!’’

‘’Chaewon. Enough. It’s just for tonight because mommy and I are going for dinner and we might come late. Okay?’’ Seulgi tried, starting with a sterner tone. As soon as she said she and Joohyun would be away for the night, their youngest immediately ran to hug Seulgi.

‘’Mommy, no don’t leave.’’ Jinyoung cried hugging Seulgi’s legs. Ahreum was sitting on the couch with her sippycup observing the scene, not minding anything.

‘’Baby, I will be back during the night. Mommy and I just need time together. Eunae is really nice.’’ She tried comforting her youngest, taking her in her arms, careful not to ruin her outfit with her youngest’s snot. Chaewon was still having her mad face on. Joohyun stepped in, kneeling in front of her.

‘’Did you hear what mom just said?’’ Joohyun asked Chaewon while Seulgi was comforting Jinyoung. When Chaewon refused to answer, looking away she tilted her gently by the chin forcing her daughter to look at her. She gave her a stern look, glaring at her daughter, who finally nodded with a pout.

‘’Yes mommy. I will listen to Miss Eunae.’’

‘’That’s very good.’’ Joohyun said, getting up. ‘’Jinyoung say goodbye to mom. We will be going now.’’

‘’No. I don’t want to.’’ The little girl whimpered, hugging Seulgi tighter. Joohyun sighed, looking at her wife.

‘’Baby, we will be back soon. And tomorrow I will drive you to school? How about that?’’ Seulgi whispered in her ear, caressing her hair. The girl looked at her mom warily, before finally agreeing. She went over to hug Joohyun and quickly got back on the couch.

‘’Ahreum? You don’t say goodbye?’’ Seulgi asked, looking at the girl who was drinking from her sippycup. Hearing her name she immediately ran towards her mom hugging them both goodbye.

‘’Okay, you girls behave. Understood?’’ Joohyun said with finality, kissing Ahreum’s cheek. The three girls nodded their heads. ‘’There snacks in the kitchen, I don’t know if you had dinner, so I made more for you. If there’s a problem do not hesitate to call.’’ Joohyun finally said and they left the apartment.

 

Going inside the restaurant, Joohyun felt Seulgi tightly holding her hand, gluing her shoulde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter