Three Little Gnomes

Thrice the Price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was typing a work e-mail on her computer, focused on choosing her words carefully for a possible future client. She was at home today, with the three girls who as of now were yelling and playing in the living room. She was used to the incessant noise her three daughters would make and it did not bother her. The problem always arose when it was silent. Silence was her and Joohyun’s biggest enemy. That’s when their daughter were the most mischievous.

Seulgi got disrupted from her work when she heard her phone ringing. It was the special ringtone she had for her wife. She answered the phone and told her girls to quiet it down for the time of the call.

‘’How’s work today, babe?’’

‘’You think we can call the nanny and you can spend the afternoon with me?’’ Joohyun asked on the line. Seulgi sighed and checked the time, looking at her daughters.

‘’Babe, is it really worth it for an afternoon?’’ Seulgi sighed checking the time, and observing her daughters, who were playing with some dolls, Chaewon and Ahreum biting their heads off.

‘’Honey, I have an appointment with a client. Seungwan was supposed to come with me but she has something else. I’m supposed to get lunch with the client. But you know how they are. I just didn’t want to go alone. But okay, since you’re okay with me flirting wit-‘’

‘’Okay. I’m coming. I won’t leave you alone.’’ Seulgi rolled her eyes, pressing the send button on her e-mail and closing her laptop. ‘’I’ll call the nanny and cook something for the girls. I’ll be there around noon?’’

‘’Yes! That’s perfect. I love you!’’

‘’Love you too, Joohyun.’’ She said and hung up the phone.

 

Seulgi went to the middle of the living room which the girl turned into their personal playroom, sitting next to them.

‘’What are you doing?’’ She asked Chaewon who seemed to be drawing something on her coloring books, the colors all over the place.

‘’It’s us mommy!’’ Chaewon exclaimed, drawing another sticky figure. Seulgi chuckled and narrowed her eyes trying to understand the drawing, when from the corner of her eye she noticed Jinyoung trying to eat a pastel crayon.

‘’Jinyoung, baby no!’’ She exclaimed taking the pastel from her little hands, Jinyoung pouting at her mom.

‘’Jinyoung eats candles.’’ Ahreum said from the side, making her little sister gasp.

‘’What?’’ Seulgi asked.

‘’Stop lying!’’ Jinyoung cried.

‘’Mom, I finished the drawing!’’ Chaewon exclaimed. The room quickly became chaotic again, the three girls trying to talk at the same time.

‘’Okay, okay, calm down. What did you say, Ahreum?’’ Seulgi finally asked.

‘’She ate candle yesterday.’’

‘’Liar!’’

‘’Ahreum is telling the truth.’’ Chaewon added and sat in Seulgi’s lap.

“Jinyoung, baby. Does your tummy hurt?’’ Seulgi asked and shuffled closer to her other daughter to pat her tummy.

‘’I’m okay. I can eat ice cweam.’’ Jinyoung calmly said and Seulgi couldn’t help but chuckle.

‘’Oh yes! Mommy can we go to park today?’’ Ahreum and Chaewon both asked at the same time.

‘’Girls, the nanny will come today. Mommy and I need to do some work things.’’ She announced and the three girls pouted at the same time.

‘’But if you’re nice we will all watch a movie. How does that sound?’’

‘’Yay!!’’

 

 

 ‘’The client was pushy. I’m sorry it dragged on for so long.’’ Joohyun said, starting the car and getting out of the parking lot.

‘’It’s alright. He was not that bad. Plus, he is willing to spend a lot.’’ Seulgi mumbled, focused on her phone, typing something.

‘’We will also have to stop by the agency. There’s a new house we have to sell, it’s one of your projects. From 2017 or something?’’

‘’Why is it being sold?’’

‘’The client is moving to another country, job transfer or something.’’ Joohyun replied turning left, taking the road to her office. She was working as a real-estate agent, an agency which she had founded with one of her close friend Wendy.

Now, their agency had expanded, and they were specialized in luxury houses. Sometimes, she even had to resell the houses her own wife designed.

Joohyun and Seulgi met after college, during a seminar for real estate agents and architects, engineers, anyone who was in the industry of houses.

‘’Alright, let’s get off. It’ll be quick.’’ Joohyun announced undoing her belt, getting out of the car followed by Seulgi.

 

Seulgi locked her phone, following her wife inside the cozy office, waving and smiling at Wendy. Joohyun immediately went to her desk, gathering some files.

‘’Got one of your house to sell!’’ Wendy exclaimed, taking out the file with Seulgi’s project in it. Seulgi grabbed it, looking inside to remember which project it was.

‘’Oh! 2017, I remember that one! The client was so annoying. So many demands.’’ She rolled her eyes and Wendy laughed.

‘’It’s going to be sold at a hefty price.’’ Wendy said, with a smug smile. ‘’I think it’s your most expensive project being sold here.’’

‘’That is. Well, the price really went up. I’m surprised.’’ Seulgi said, her eyes widening, as she analyzed the file.

They talked about other things, Joohyun still looking for something in her papers, when a fourth person entered the agency, slightly bowing to Seulgi and Wendy, going immediately to Joohyun’s desk.

‘’Joohyun, I told the client you would be the one sending him the final drafts. Was I right?’’ He asked, putting his hand on Joohyun’s shoulder who jumped a bit, surprised by the contact.

Seulgi crossed her arms on her chest, glaring at the man, while Wendy was observing the scene with amusement.

‘’Uh, y-yes.’’ Joohyun said, clearing , stepping away from the young man and back to Wendy and Seulgi. ‘’Seulgi, this in the intern for the month, and this is-‘’

‘’Kang Seulgi, the architect, right? We have some of your projects here!’’ The young man said, giving his hand out to Seulgi. Seulgi glared at the hand but decided not to be rude and shook his hand.

‘’Indeed. I’m here because Joohyun my w-‘’

‘’Your projects are really amazing. The houses you design are really incredible!’’ He interrupted once more, making Seulgi furrow her brows, shuffling on her feet. Wendy chuckled on the side and Joohyun cleared again.

‘’Eunwoo, did you type out all the drafts of sales? Without any mistakes?’’ Joohyun sternly asked.

‘’Of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter