Can't Keep Still

Thrice the Price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun entered their bedroom, seeing Seulgi sitting on the edge of their bed, frowning at her computer.

‘’You know,’’ she started, walking in big strides inside their bedroom to sit next to her wife. ‘’It’s so nice to finally just see you like this.’’ She chuckled. Seulgi hummed, looking up at her grinning wife, then at her outfit.

‘’Really? In my old sweat and this messy bun?’’

‘’Yes. ‘Cause this way I know you’re staying home and not running back to work.’’ Joohyun replied, pushing her wife’s laptop a bit and lying on her lap. Seulgi looked at her, and bent down her neck to peck her wife.

‘’I’m sorry. It was out of my control, really.’’

‘’It’s okay. But show me what you’ve been working on.’’ Joohyun softly said, lying on her side, to take a better look at the laptop. Seulgi then opened her project on a video. She was an architect and was taken by work the whole week to finish a big project that was due for a new mall in the city. She played the video, a smile on her lips, happy that Joohyun wanted to see what she was up to. She slipped a hand under Joohyun’s t-shirt, her belly mindlessly, her wife engrossed in her construction project.

‘’God, I know why you’ve been so much at work now.’’ Joohyun said halfway through the video.

‘’Now’s the best part. Look!’’ Seulgi exclaimed, and Johyun repositioned herself to take a better look at the screen, but instead of showing the rest of the video the screen went black.

‘’Seriously?’’ Seulgi whined, tapping all of the keys on her laptop, while Joohyun sat up looking at her wife. ‘’God it kept turning off while I was doing the renders! I can’t whit this laptop anymore!’’ Seulgi complained rebooting the engine.

‘’Babe, can I buy a new one?’’ Seulgi asked with a pout and Joohyun rolled her eyes.

‘’Did you lure me in to see your pc crash to ask for a new one?’’

‘’Well, technically no. I was planning to ask you but like the crash now was a push.’’ Seulgi grinned sheepishly. And Joohyun sighed. ‘’I’m asking because laptops fit for my programs are not cheap, that’s why. And I know we have a desktop, but I need this one for work.’’

‘’Don’t you have a desktop at work?’’ Joohyun asked, getting up from the bed walking over to their shared closet looking for a sweater.

‘’Well, I do.’’ Seulgi sighed. ‘’But I guess even the less good laptop would still be expensive.’’ Seulgi cringed and Joohyun sighed.

‘’The problem is my laptop broke down too. And they are both expensive to replace. But it’s been seven years we should have seen it coming.’’ Joohyun ran her fingers through her hair messing it up.

‘’Buy yours, you need it more for work than me. I can wait a month.’’ Seulgi said getting up and hugging Joohyun. She kissed her wife, caressing her waist. ‘’What are the girls doing?’’ She asked, whispering in her ear.

‘’They’re playing in their room.’’ Joohyun groaned, putting her hands on Seulgi’s shoulders, exposing her neck to receive more kisses.

‘’Don’t you want to make them nap?’’

‘’Seulgi,’’ Joohyun chuckled. ‘’We’re having a babysitter tonight. I’m not going to let them with a stranger full of energy. We’ll go to the park, tire them and go on our date peacefully.’’ Joohyun finished, pushing Seulgi a bit away, making her wife groan.

‘’They didn’t give you much trouble this week, I hope?’’ Seulgi asked, still holding Joohyun by the waist.

‘’Ahreum had troubles sleeping. Chaewon and Jinyoung wet the bed a few times, I’m really considering going back to diapers. But other than that, it was okay- oh! Ahreum was throwing a lot of tantrums, she didn’t want to sleep in her bed and all. She doesn’t show it but I think she missed you a lot.’’ Joohyun finished, rubbing her wife’s shoulder.

‘’I’ll go and get them dressed for the park.’’ Seulgi said and pecked her wife on the lips. ‘’I’ll try to spend more time with Ahreum.’’ She added with a smile and went out of the room to her children’s room.

 

 

A cartoon was still running on the TV and plenty of toys were discarded on the floor, making Seulgi sigh. She would make sure to make her daughters clean it before they go out. She heard a few giggles and muffled words coming from the girl's room and with a smile, knocked on the door before opening it. She was expecting her daughters to be playing with plushies or their dolls. She didn’t expect to be terrified and groan. But she had apparently forgot that three years old were not exactly smart and shouldn’t be left without supervision for more th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter