Lazy Morning

Thrice the Price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’So, we will now see the baby for the first time. Excited?’’ The doctor asked the two women who were smiling brightly. Joohyun was holding Seulgi’s hand tightly, jumping on her feet, unable to hide her excitement. Seulgi, as usual was the calmer one, but even now she couldn’t stop fidgeting. They were after all going to see their first child. After a long period of waiting Seulgi was finally pregnant.  This was a long-awaited moment. Joohyun couldn’t even imagine how they were going to react when they would be able to hear its heartbeat, or when it would be born.

‘’So, we seem to have a little problem?’’ The doctor hummed unsure of himself, examining Seulgi’s belly, zooming in on the ultrasound picture.

‘’What do you mean problem?’’ Joohyun raised her voice going behind the doctor, to look at the screen. As much as she narrowed her eyes, she couldn’t make out what was on the screen.

‘’Not really a problem, but, look.’’ The doctor said, pointing to the screen where three distinct points appeared. Seulgi and Joohyun looked at each other, their heartbeat increasing. They didn’t know what it meant, and they were scared it could be some sort of disease. The doctor looked at them, and finally broke into a smile almost yelling. ‘’Congratulations, you will be having triplets!’’

‘’What?’’ Seulgi asked, getting up from her chair, not caring if the gel got all over her clothes. Joohyun looked at the doctor, going pale, then at her wife. She tried to utter something, but her brain was blank and she just focused on breathing. Her eyes were lost, and she couldn’t believe what she had just heard. Her left knee started to get weak, bending, and the doctor quickly helped her sitting down.

‘’Triplets?’’ Joohyun croaked out, her eyes closed. ‘’Holy . How the are we going to take care of triplets?’’ She opened her eyes looking at Seulgi, breathing heavily agape.

‘’Triplets?’’ Seulgi asked back, in a tiny whine looking at Joohyun, the both of them wondering what they got themselves into.

 

 

 

                                                                       ...

 

Joohyun woke up in the middle of the night feeling something poking her nose. It was soft at first, as if the person poking her nose was scared of doing it. She fluttered her eyes open, adapting to the darkness of the room. Slowly, she noticed the pair of eyes fixing her, and almost jumped on her bed before she quickly remembered that it could only be one of her daughters.

‘’Momma?’’ She asked in a small voice, barely audible. Joohyun lifted her head to take a better look at her daughter. Yes, this way she recognized her face better, it was Chaewon.

‘’Yes, Chaewon?’’ Joohyun whispered not wanting to wake up her wife who was sleeping deeply on her side of the bed.

‘’Momma, I wet the bed.’’ The child whispered, biting her fingers. Joohyun sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

‘’Chaewon, baby, we will have to go back to diapers.’’ Joohyun said, slowly sitting up. She yawned looking to her right and saw Seulgi’s silhouette on the brink of falling from the edge. Joohyun sighed, forgetting about her daughter, grabbing her wife by the waist and pulling her back into the middle of the bed. ‘’Shh, sleep, you just almost fell.’’ Joohyun whispered seeing Seulgi trying to open her eyes. Hearing those words, Seulgi immediately fell back into slumber.

‘’Now come on, let’s get you cleaned up.’’ Joohyun whispered, patting her daughter’s back to get into the bathroom.

 

‘’Chaewon?’’ Joohyun started entering the bathroom, staring at the toilet then at her daughter. Her daughter was on the verge of tears, and Joohyun wanted to avoid crying as much as she could right now. She didn’t want two other hyper kids to wake-up.

‘’I’m s-sorry M-momma!’’ Chaewon started to hiccup, crying, her voice raising in volume. Joohyun immediately kneeled, wiping her daughter’s tears.

‘’Baby, baby, it’s alright come here.’’ Joohyun cooed kissing her daughter’s forehead. ‘’It’s okay, it happens. Just next time don’t run out of your bed making a mess everywhere baby.’’

‘’I’m shory.’’ The little girl whispered, trying not to make any noise. Joohyun caressed her hair for a bit, letting the girl calm down before bathing her.

‘’What happened here?’’ Seulgi barged into the bathroom, immediately taking their daughter in her arms. ‘’What happened Chaewon? Hm, why are you crying?’’ She asked kissing her daughters all over her face, making the small girl giggle.

‘’Seulgi, she wet the bed, put her down please.’’ Joohyun sighed, a small smile on her face seeing her daughter and wife so close. Seulgi stopped her kissing,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter