Morning

Thrice the Price
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was slowly falling asleep, having stayed late at night to read a book. Joohyun was next to her, sound asleep for hours now. Their daughters were in their bed having successfully fallen asleep on their own for the third night straight.

Seulgi was about to enter dreamland when she heard whimpers from the other side of the bed. She tried to brush them off, Joohyun often sleep-talking or making noises when she was dreaming.

She put the cover up to her chins, forgetting about her surroundings when she thought she heard a cry.

‘’Joohyun?’’ She whispered, opening her eyes adjusting to the darkness in their room. She turned around hearing another cry, creeping closer to her wife. ‘’Joohyun wha-‘’ Seulgi was about to ask but immediately turned around turning their lamp desk, when she heard another cry.

‘’Joohyun, shh, I’m here,’’ she tried to soothe her wife who was having a night terror. Joohyun was still asleep, her body trembling, sweating and whimpering.

Those nights terror would happen sometimes, albeit rarely. But ever since Seulgi gave a complicated birth to their daughters. these occured. The events had marked Joohyun so much she would have very vivid nightmares of Seulgi no longer being by her side.

Seulgi tightly held Joohyun in her arms, whispering sweet nothings into her ears until the latter woke up and it would usually pass.

‘’Baby, it’s me, Seulgi. I’m right here.’’ Seulgi whispered in Joohyun’s ear, repeating those words waiting for her wife to calm down. She held her wife tighter in her arms feeling her damp hair and pajamas, rocking Joohyun in her arms.

She released a relieved sigh when she noticed calmed down and gently patted her back to wake Joohyun up. She didn’t want her wife to sleep in sweaty pajamas.

‘’Seulgi,’’ Joohyun cried in a broken voice and Seulgi immediately kissed her temple.

‘’I’m here Joohyun, right behind you.’’

‘’I had a nightmare,’’ Joohyun cried slowly turning around to face Seulgi who helped her accommodate and pressed her lips against Joohyun’s forehead, feeling how hot it was. Seulgi felt her worry being replaced by sadness seeing her wife in such a fragile state, barely able to speak.

‘’Do you want to say what was in it?’’ Seulgi asked after a moment of silence, feeling Joohyun hold on to her shirt like if it was a lifeline.

‘’Y-you- I wa- was s-s-‘’ Joohyun tried to from a sentence but failed. Seulgi shushed her, holding her impossibly closer.

‘’Breathe like me, we will talk later if you want. Just breathe for now.’’ Seulgi said, putting their foreheads together, their breaths mingling, although Joohyun’s a bit quicker. Seulgi opened her eyes looking at Joohyun’s lost ones, who were looking comfort in Seulgi’s.

‘’Feeling better?’’ Seulgi softly asked pressing her lips against Joohyun’s who nodded her head in return. ‘’Alright, let’s get you to shower, come on.’’ She said and helped Joohyun get up from the bed getting her to their room’s bathroom not to wake up their daughters. Joohyun slowly followed Seulgi and started getting undressed while Seulgi started the shower.

‘’I’m going to change the sheets be right back.’’ Seulgi announced and Joohyun nodded her head for a yes.

 

When they were done with the shower, they went back to their room, Joohyun applying lotion on her body while Seulgi was looking through their clothes.

‘’What pajamas do you want?’’ Seulgi asked and Joohyun sighed lying on her back on the bad.

‘’None, come and sleep.’’ Joohyun whined slipping her body under the warm sheets. Seulgi looked back at her wife, smiling, ready to put on a t-shirt. ‘’No, take that off come here.’’ Joohyun said and Seulgi rolled her eyes going back to bed, where Joohyun immediately crawled up to her, pressing their bodies together. She lied her head on Seulgi’s shoulder.

‘’Let’s sleep now,’’ she said intertwining their fingers together.

‘’Sure,’’ Seulgi smiled pressing her lips against Joohyun’s forehead and turning off their lamp desk.

 

 

The next morning, Seulgi was the first to wake up taking care of turning off the alarm. She looked at Joohyun who was still sound asleep curled up next to her and decided to slowly get up without waking her up. She took a long pillow which Joohyun could hug, hopping over her closet to wear some sweatpants and a t-shirt getting ready to wake her daughters up.

She went over to their room and noticed the three of them snuggled up in Ahreum’s bed who had her eyes open.

‘’Did you sleep baby?’’ Seulgi whispered entering the room and taking Ahreum in her arms who didn’t answer but started her thumb hugging her mother. Seulgi patted her back sitting on her bed, still holding Ahreum in her arms, gently shaking Chaewon and Jinyoung.

‘’Go to the kitchen, I’ll be right there I’ll just wake up your sisters.’’ She told Ahreum who got off her lap and went to the kitchen.

Seulgi then took Chaewon in her arms kissing her face lightly to wake her up, and then did the same to Jinyoung carrying them both to the kitchen.

‘’Where’s mommy?’’ Chaewon yawned sitting next to Jinyoung who was drinking from her sippycup.

‘’She’s sick today, so she is sleeping. I’ll be driving you guys to school today.’’ Seulgi announced filling three bowls with warm rice.

‘’Mmkay,’’ Jinyoung mumbled.

 

Seulgi managed to get her three daughters ready, all showered for the day without much fuss, except for when they were brushing their teeth having to make sure they did it properly.

‘’Okay so what hair do you guys want today?’’ Seulgi asked while brushing her own hair, the three girls sitting patiently on the couch.

‘’Ponytails!’’ The three of them exclaimed, making Seulgi shush them immediately.

‘’Mom’s sleeping girls.’’ She quietly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter