Falling for him

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

“Mom.. he is-..”

 

Jisoo was holding her mother’s arm while looking at Taehyung who was forced to come out of his car.

 

“Goodevening Mrs. Kim..” said Taehyung while keeping his head bowed.

 

Where did her mom even come from? She just appeared out of nowhere.

 

“What’s your name?” Jisoo’s mom sounded cold.

 

Taehyung gulped.

 

“Taehyung.. my name is Taehyung..” he replied without looking at her.

 

“Weren’t you taught to look at the person you’re talking to to?” 

 

Oh no.. he just made her mad. How could he look at her when she’s glaring at him?

 

He lifted his gaze.

 

“Your full name.. you should also tell me your last name..” she said.

 

Taehyung cleared his throat.

 

“Kim Taehyung.. I’m Kim Taehyung Mrs. Kim..”

 

Her mom was scanning him from head to toe.

 

Then she turned to Jisoo.

 

“I told you not to like men who are just good looking!” she said hitting Jisoo’s arm. “Look at what happened with Suho..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened. What is she saying in front of Sir Taehyung? And why mention Suho now?

 

“Mom..” she said shaking her head wanting her to stop talking nonsense.

 

The her mom turned to Taehyung again.

 

“Where do you work?”

 

Taehyung looked at Jisoo first before answering.

 

“I work at the same company as Ms. Kim..” 

 

Jisoo’s mom hit her arm again.

 

“I told you not to date any of your co-worker again! Will you quit everytime you become heartbroken at work? Why are you so stubborn?”

 

Jisoo was dying of embarrassment.

 

“Mom.. he isn’t -..”

 

“Do you really want to see me dead? I fainted when your ex’s parents came here and now you’re already with another man!” 

 

Jisoo covered .

 

“Please go now Sir..” she said faking a smile at Taehyung.

 

But her mom pushed her hand away from her and took a few steps forward towards Taehyung.

 

“Does he want you to call him Sir? Who is he? Your manager? You brat are really-..”

 

Her mom took a deep breath. Blood pressure is rising!

 

Jisoo was quick to come in between them.

 

“Mom.. to be honest, he is-..”

 

But her mom pushed her aside.

 

“Taehyung.. I can talk to you formally, right?”

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

“My daughter may look easy to you because she broke off her wedding just four months ago and now she’s dating you but let me tell you this already, if you ever cheat on her, fool her or make her cry.. I will go to the company you’re working at and tell your CEO about you.. I can’t let my daughter be the only one to quit..”

 

Jisoo wanted to disappear into thin air that very moment.

 

Can’t her mom listen to what she has to say first?

 

That was embarrassing! 

 

“Mom.. please listen to me first..” said Jisoo pulling her arms.

 

“You should be the one listening to me now!” her mom scolded her as she hit her back continuously.

 

Then Taehyung pulled Jisoo away from her mom, worried she might be hurt.

 

But her mom followed them and hit Taehyung on his face mistakenly.

 

Jisoo was startled. And so did her mom.

 

“Sir.. did you get hurt?” asked Jisoo checking his face right away.

 

And she noticed he got a scratch on his forehead.

 

She turned to face her mom immediately.

 

“Mom!” she said in a loud voice. “Why did you hit his face?”

 

Her mom’s eyes widened. She didn’t mean to. 

 

Jisoo put both her hands on his face checking for other scratches.

 

Taehyung became bashful. He was scared of her mom but seeing her worry about him like this, it was worth being hit.

 

Then they heard Jennie who was coming back together with their dad after walking their dog.

 

“Unnie!” she said aloud.

 

Then she saw Taehyung was also there.

 

“Good evening Sir Taehyung..” she bowed her head right away surprised to see him.

 

Her mom looked at her.

 

“You know him?”

 

Jennie nodded.

 

“Sir Taehyung is the CEO of Viaggio.. Jisoo unnie is working as his secretary..”

 

Their mother’s mouth fell open.

 

And their dad who was behind them was also surprised.

 

“I told you already to hear me out first mom..” said Jisoo frustrated. “Sir Taehyung gave me a ride home because there was no taxi available at the airport when we arrived..”

 

Everyone was just looking at her bewildered.

 

“How could you just hit my boss like this? What will happen now to his handsome face?” she sounded angry as she looked back at Taehyung whose cheeks became flushed after hearing her praising his looks.

 

Jisoo’s hands were still holding his cheeks.

 

“Does it hurt Sir?” 

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“No.. don’t worry..”

 

It doesn’t hurt.. it’s just a scratch..

 

But he’s worried about how her family will react if she keeps being this close to her while touching his face.

 

He doesn’t mind really mind it but she was the one concerned before..

 

Jisoo looked at her parents.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? I told you already he’s my boss.. it isn’t what you are thinking..” 

 

But her parents were just looking at her.

 

Jennie came to her and whispered.

 

“Unnie..  your hands..”

 

Jisoo only realized that she was still holding Sir Taehyung’s face.

Why didn’t she realize it sooner? What if Sir Taehyung became uncomfortable?

 

There was a moment of silence.

 

All of them were just looking at each other.

 

“I think I have to leave now..” said Taehyung breaking the ice. “I’m sorry for causing a misunderstanding..”

 

But Jisoo held his sleeves making him stop and look at her.

 

“Let me do something with your forehead Sir..” she said still looking worried.

 

Then Jisoo’s mom finally spoke up.

 

“I’m really sorry for mistaking you as my daughter’s boyfriend..”

 

Jisoo nudged her mom gently with her elbow.

 

“I mean I’m sorry for misunderstanding..” said her mom bowing her head. “My name is Letizia..and this is my husband Jim..”

 

Jim stepped forward and reached his hand to him.

 

Taehyung shook his hand while bowing deeply.

 

“It’s my pleasure to meet the two of you.. and again I’m sorry for making the two of you misunders-..”

 

“Let’s pretend this never happened and please come with us inside our home so we can treat our guest properly..” Letizia said as she held his arms and dragged him inside their house before Taehyung could even escape.

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief.

 

That was such an intense encounter! Her mom really is a chatterbox who doesn’t listen to anyone!

 

“Unnie.. how was your trip?” Jennie hugged her tight. “Did you have fun with Sir Taehyung? I mean with everyone?”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“Yes.. it was going well until this happened..” she said smiling.

 

Jennie chuckled.

 

“But Sir Taehyung handled it well, didn’t he? He’s really a cool guy.. other men would have been flustered by our mom’s behavior..”

 

Jisoo smiled broadly.

 

“I know.. but he’s just really too kind with everyone..” she said as they went inside the house. “Really kind.. very kind..”

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo was putting something on his forehead.

 

Her face was very close to his. He could feel her breath on his face.

 

It could have been a precious moment for him to take a good look at her but he couldn’t.

 

Her parents were sitting on both his sides while Jennie was standing behind Jisoo who was in front of him.

 

He was completely surrounded. Any movement he makes will be noticed.

 

His eyes were forced to look on the floor when they could have been looking at Jisoo’s beautiful face.

 

The only thing he liked is that he could smell Jisoo’s scent this close. 

 

He loves her scent. It’s soothing him.. calming him.. just like Jisoo herself.. 

 

Then Jisoo was standing far from him.

 

Why did she finish it already? He wanted to be closer to her.. 

 

“We should let it dry and it will be fine Sir..” she said smiling.

 

Then she noticed everyone staring at Taehyung.

 

“Mom, dad.. and you Jennie.. stop looking at Sir Taehyung.. he can’t even breathe well..” she said pulling her parents from the seats.

 

“Would you like to eat something now? I cooked a lot for dinner..” said Letizia.

 

“We already ate at the airport mom..” said Jisoo quickly.

 

“How about some drinks?” asked Jim.

 

“He has to drive later dad..”

 

“How about some desserts?” asked Jennie.

 

“Sir Taehyung needs to go now and rest.. he is tired and-..”

 

“A dessert will be fine.. and also some coffee..” said Taehyung looking at Jisoo. “I like the one you make for me..”

 

Jennie covered and chuckled.

 

Jisoo remained silent. 

 

“What are you doing? Hurry up and make some coffee..” said Letizia. “And make some for me and your dad but add more sugar for us..”

 

Jisoo went to the kitchen with Jennie to prepare.

 

“Unnie..” Jennie called Jisoo softly.

 

“What?” asked Jisoo without looking at her as she started brewing the coffee.

 

“I think he likes you..” Jennie whispered to her. 

 

Jisoo hit her arm right away.

 

“What are you saying? Don’t let him hear that.. what if he becomes uncomfortable with me?” 

 

Jennie just smiled as she took some cheesecake from the fridge.

 

“I was looking at him unnie and I could see that he likes you..” 

 

Jisoo covered but Jennie pushed her hands away.

 

“Why are you so embarrassed unnie? You’re pretty.. that’s why many guys have tried hitting on you.. that isn’t even new..” said Jennie looking at her. “Or are you embarrassed because you also-..?”

 

“Don’t say it!” said Jisoo aloud.

 

Jennie smiled wider.

 

“You do? No wonder you were so protective of him..”

 

“I don’t.. what are you saying? How can I like my boss?” Jisoo’s voice became low and soft. “Sir Taehyung is a very nice guy.. I know that.. I admire him.. but I won’t dare like him.. I’m a nobody.. he’s my CEO.. he’s very successful in life while I’m just a woman who was-..”

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

“Unnie.. is having your wedding cancelled a sin? Does it mean you have no right to start liking someone again?” Jennie held her arms and looked at her face to face. “It isn’t written in the law that you can’t fall in love again with a successful man like him.. and if he likes you too-..”

 

Jisoo covered after seeing Taehyung coming over the dining room with her parents.

 

“It’s ready..” said Jisoo faking a laugh as she poured the coffee in the cups.

 

“Do you like some sugar?” asked Letizia sitting beside him.

 

“Just a little..” said Taehyung politely.

 

“You must have the same taste in coffee as our Jisoo..” said Jim sitting across him.

 

Taehyung smiled. 

 

“Ms. Kim made me change my preference..” he said looking at Jisoo whose eyes widened by what he said.

 

He must mean his preference in coffee, right?

 

What did she even think of?

 

Jisoo cleared as she served them the cheesecake.

 

“Please have some..” said Jennie sitting beside her dad. “I made it myself Sir Taehyung.. unnie likes it so much so she asked me to make some for her.. but she can’t eat too much sweets because she doesn’t want to gain weight..”

 

Jisoo hit her head gently.

 

“What are you saying in front of my boss?”

 

Her cheeks felt hot. 

 

Why is Jennie talking about her weight when there’s Sir Taehyung around? It’s already annoying to talk about it itself and now she is being embarrassed in front of him.

 

“Aren’t you sitting down Ms. Kim?” asked Taehyung as he looked at the only vacant seat which is beside him.

 

Jisoo sat d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter