Running away from him

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 17

 

 

 

“Hyung.. it’s late now.. you should stop drinking and go home..” said Jungkook taking the glass away from Taehyung.

 

“I didn’t stop you when you used to drink every night.. so why are you stopping me now?”

 

Taehyung took the glass back.

 

“We’re different hyung.. you aren’t used to drinking this much..” said Jungkook looking worried.

 

Taehyung has been drinking for three consecutive nights already.

 

“Why do you like drinking so much when it tastes bitter?” asked Taehyung gulping down another glass. “You hate drinking coffee without sugar yet you love alcohol.. what’s with you?”

 

Taehyung put his glass down on the table. His head was starting to spin, his eyes becoming heavy..

 

“Alright.. keep drinking until you feel like vomitting.. I’ll call a chaffeur for you.. why did you even bring your car? It isn’t like I can drive two cars at once.. I could just bring you home ..”

 

Taehyung chuckled but his eyes seemed sad.

 

“Just in case she shows up..” he said in a low voice. “Ms. Kim never wanted even a sip of alcohol whenever she was with me fearing that she’d have to drive me..”

 

Jungkook sighed.

 

His friend finally mentioned her. It took him three nights. He must have been trying hard to not talk about her.

 

Taehyung poured himself another glass.

 

“Hyung.. that’s enough..” said Jungkook sighing. “I didn’t mean what I said before.. you need to at least stay awake to open the door to your house..”

 

Taehyung was drinking more compared to the last two nights.

 

“Jungkook.. I must be very selfish..” he uttered looking at him. 

 

Jungkook shook his head.

 

“You aren’t..” Jungkook replied. “You just.. you just love her too much.. but you aren’t selfish hyung..”

 

Taehyung took a deep breath.

 

“I am.. I am very selfish..” he said smiling onesidedly. “I.. I don’t even regret ruining her wedding.. because had we let them be.. I would have never met her.. I would have never fallen for her..”

 

A tear fell from his eyes as he said those words.

 

“I can’t say I’m thankful to you for making that mistake.. but I am.. because you brought her to me..” Taehyung wiped his tear. “That’s how selfish I am.. that must be why she hates me now..”

 

Jungkook took the glass and poured himself a shot.

 

He feels so guilty.. he keeps on blaming himself.. but Taehyung never said anything to him..

 

“Jisoo.. my Jisoo.. she moved out of her house.. probably because she doesn’t want me to follow her.. she’s staying at her parents’ house now so I can’t go after her.. so I can’t talk to her.. she won’t even let me see her face..”

 

Jungkook moved to sit beside him and patted his back.

 

“I miss her already.. I want to see her.. I’d be happy just looking at her.. I won’t say anything if she doesn’t want to hear my voice but.. I want to see her.. I badly need to see Ms. Kim..”

 

Taehyung closed his eyes and eventually fell asleep.

 

 

———————-

 

 

“Unnie.. are you looking for a new work these days? I heard they’re hiring at a cosmetic shop near the subway station.. why don’t you try there?” Lisa asked as she gulped down a shot of soju.

“That’s so refreshing! I can finally drink now..”

 

Jisoo laughed at her as she continued eating.

 

“Drink slowly..” she said smiling a little.

 

“Unnie.. don’t you want to have a drink?” asked Lisa offering her a glass. “I know you have a lot on your mind.. maybe drinking could help you..”

 

Lisa wanted to lift her spirits up that she was even talking in a high pitched voice.

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“I can’t drink.. my mom will kill me if I smell like alcohol when I go home..” she said pushing her hand back. “You know I lied to her saying I still work in the company.. she’ll get worried about me again..”

 

Lisa tried to smile at her. She asked her to eat with her so she could be distracted.

 

It must be hard for her.. to be heartbroken for two consecutive times..

 

And maybe this one is even harder for her.. because she knows Jisoo is still in love with him despite what happened..

 

That Jisoo quit not because of Taehyung but because of herself..

 

“Then I’ll just have a few more shots unnie.. my dad will also get mad if he sees me wasted again like the last time.. I got scolded a lot the morning after..”

 

And two women went on with their meal.

 

They were headed towards the taxi stop to get home when Lisa saw a very familiar back.

 

Sir Jungkook.

 

What is he doing here in this area? She saw him going out with Sir Taehyung in the afternoon.

 

Oh no.. is he here with him? What should she do? What if Jisoo meets him?

 

They were getting closer and closer when she realized that Jungkook was standing in front of Taehyung’s car.

 

But where is Sir Taehyung? And why is Sir Jungkook looking busy over the phone?

 

“Unnie.. I think we should go over the bus stop instead..” said Lisa pulling her towards the other side.

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed. It was past 10 pm  already and the buses aren’t running anymore.

 

“Let’s just wait for the taxi and divide the fee later..” she said pulling her back.

 

Then Jisoo stopped on her feet.

 

Lisa sighed.

 

Jungkook turned to them.

 

“I need a designated driver-..”

 

He hung up on the phone as he looked at the two women staring at him.

 

Jisoo took a few more steps towards the taxi stop trying hard not to be bothered.

 

She noticed that car was Taehyung’s.

 

And walking closer to Jungkook, she saw that Taehyung was inside the car asleep.

 

Lisa held her hand right away as she bowed her head to Jungkook.

 

Then she looked at Jisoo who was staring at Taehyung inside.

 

“I thought you went home right away Sir..” said Lisa taking a look at Jungkook then checking on Jisoo. 

 

Jungkook faked a smile.

 

“Hyung.. wanted to have a drink..” he said in a low voice. “I couldn’t refuse him.. even though it’s been three nights in a row already..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes shifted to Jungkook. Why did he let Sir Taehyung drink that much when he knows he rarely drinks? 

 

She has never even seen him drink apart from when they had a dinner in Thailand. He doesn’t even drink during dinner parties.

 

Jisoo turned her head away as she bit her lower lip. 

 

“Then what are you still doing here Sir?” asked Lisa curious. “You should drive home now..”

 

“I’m waiting for a driver for hyung.. I also brought my car.. I told him not to drive here but he was stubborn..” Jungkook replied as he glanced quickly at Jisoo who was looking on the ground.

 

Jisoo cleared and took a step towards him.

 

“Give me the key Sir.. I’ll drive him home.. you won’t find a driver at this hour without having reserved earlier..” she said as she opened her hand reaching it to him.

 

Jungkook looked hesitant. Is it really okay to do that?

 

“Please give it to me so I can take him home before he becomes conscious..” said Jisoo sighing.

 

Jungkook handed it to her.

 

And before Jisoo could get on the driver’s seat.

 

He took the courage to finally tell her what he has been dying to say to her.. something he should have said from the start.. before it got to this point..

 

“I’m sorry Ms. Kim.. it was all my fault.. it was me who involved Taehyung hyung.. so I hope..

you can forgive him..”

 

Jisoo stood still for a moment.

 

Then she looked back at him.

 

“Hiding the truth from me is just as painful as what you did Sir.. or maybe even worse..”

 

And Jisoo got on the car leaving Lisa and Jungkook behind.

 

Lisa came forward and tapped his shoulders lightly.

 

“Unnie is still mad.. please understand her Sir..”

 

Jungkook turned to face her and smiled onesidedly.

 

“I understand her.. very much..” 

 

Lisa put her face close to his and smelled him.

 

“Did you drink again tonight Sir? You said you would stop, didn’t you? How are you going to drive now? What if you get into an accident?”

 

Jungkook should be covering his ears but her nagging sounded so good that he wanted to hear more.

 

“Then will you drive me home?”

 

Lisa shook her head.

 

“No Sir.. you should drive me home so I can save money on paying a taxi.. and I’ll guide you well so we don’t get into any accident..” she said as she looked around. “Where is you car, Sir?”

 

Jungkook chuckled.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

Jisoo has already parked Taehyung’s car but her problem now is how she should bring him to his house.

 

To be exact.. on the twentieth floor of the building..

 

She knows she won’t be able to lift him.. he’s too heavy for her.. she knows his weight very well..

 

Wait.. did she think of something she shouldn’t, just now?

 

No she didn’t.. she didn’t think of his body.. no she didn’t.. for real..

 

But did she have to volunteer on bringing him home when she could have just ignored him?

 

What will she do with him now?

 

She called the guard of the building and asked him to help her bring him at least in front of his door.

 

“Why did you let your husband drink this much?” asked the guard teasing her. “I think he’s also sick.. he seems to have a fever..”

 

Jisoo put her hand on his forehead. It indeed felt hot..

 

She didn’t even realize it even when she was holding him on her shoulders. It’s because his body temperature is usually warm. His arms and hands are warmer than other people’s.

 

Ohh.. she did think of it again!

 

What is she going to do with her brain? It thinks of anything without her permission!

 

She barely put the passcode in to enter his house with Taehyung on her shoulders.

 

Thank God, he was walking even with eyes closed or else she would have had to drag him on the floor.

 

She looked at the stairs to his room. It is impossible for her to bring him there.. she won’t even think about it..

 

He did carry her upstairs in his arms but she can never do that for him.. that would be ridiculous..

 

No.. she’s the ridiculous one for thinking about that again.

 

She made her way to the  guest room downstairs with difficulty.

 

And after putting him to bed, her legs collapsed on the floor catching her breath.

 

She is crazy.. what is she even doing inside his house at this time with him totally drunk?

 

But since she’s admitting she’s crazy.. she decided to do something crazier..

 

She went upstairs to his room to take some of his clothes and changed him into them.

 

She had to.. he was profusely sweating and he reeked of alcohol..

 

And after checking his temperature, she realized he did have a slight fever..

 

She took some clean towel and a basin of cold water.

 

She opened some buttons of his pyjamas and gently wiped his face and body.

 

She should be running away from him.. she shouldn’t be doing this now.. but her heart is feeling heavy seeing him like that..

 

She was staring at his face when a crease started forming between his eyebrows as if he were wincing in pain.

 

“Sir..” she said before she knew it. 

 

She has gotten used to calling him “Sir”.. and now that she isn’t working for him anymore, she doesn’t know how to address him.

 

“I.. should have told you..” 

 

Sir Taehyung was talking in his sleep.

 

“I’m sorry.. I.. I’m sorry.. Ms. Kim..”

 

Jisoo choked back a sob as she turned her head away from him.

 

Sir Taehyung is saying sorry to her even in his sleep.

 

She heaved a long sigh. She can’t stay here anymore. She has to go.

 

Then she felt his hand grabbing hers.

 

She wanted to push him away from her but she didn’t..

 

Instead, she put her other hand on his face brushing his eyebrows with her thumb.

 

“You need to wake up so you can take your medicine Sir..” she whispered to him whose face just became calm again.

 

She was caressing his face continuously until she felt sleepy.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Taehyung felt the whole room spinning around him even without opening his eyes.

 

He took it too far tonight.. he drank over his limits this time..

 

He opened his eyes slowly and realized he was inside his guestroom.

 

Wasn’t he able to climb the stairs and fell asleep here instead?

 

Well.. coming home was already a miracle to him..

 

Jungkook must have had a hard time..

 

He pushed the blanket down and noticed he was wearing his pyjamas. Did his bestfriend even change him?

 

He looked over to his right to see the time on the clock but found a sleeping Jisoo sitting beside him with her head tilted sideways.

 

One of her hand was on his pillow while the other one was holding a towel.

 

It must be a dream.

 

Jisoo wouldn’t come to his house.. she wouldn’t even want to see him..

 

It’s impossible for her to be sitting beside him right now.

 

Still.. he got up slowly to get a closer look at her.. he felt his head heavy.. he doesn’t know if it’s because of the alcohol or because he is sick..

 

He has had a fever since last night..

 

He must be having illusions now.. he’s seeing her in front of his eyes because he has only been thinking of her everytime..

 

But then Jisoo’s head fell and he caught it with his hand.

 

He did hold her.. he was able to catch her head..

 

Then this must not be a dream.. his chest swelled up with joy..

 

But it didn’t last.. a squeeze of pain followed in right away..

 

His Jisoo is mad at him.. and she has every right to be so..

 

He doesn’t know how she came here in his house.. but he was already happy seeing her like this..

 

He laid her head on the pillow and pulled her whole body up over the bed.

 

The his eyes went to the sidetable.

 

There was a glass of water and some medicine.

 

Was she worried about him? Is that why she came to see him?

 

He wanted to kiss her but he held himself back. He said it himself that only seeing her was enough for him..

 

And not like this.. surely.. when she is sleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter