Becoming closer with him

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

Three weeks have passed and another get together party has been organized by Vice Director Jungkook.

 

“Drink to your hearts’ content because tonight our CEO will be paying!” he said aloud as he held a bottle of soju in his hands.

 

Jisoo looked at Lisa who was already glaring at Jungkook.

 

“A long night again unnie..” she whispered to Jisoo.

 

But Jungkook put the bottle of soju away as soon as he sat down.

 

“You aren’t drinking? That’s new..” said Taehyung looking at him.

 

Jungkook looked at Lisa who was ranting on Jisoo.

 

“I promised I’d behave myself, didn’t I?” he said.

 

Taehyung also looked at the two women sitting on the other table with some of their colleagues.

 

Why did they sit so far from them? He couldn’t help but check on her continuously.. there are predators everywhere..

 

Jisoo was sitting across some male colleagues who obviously seemed interested in her.

 

“Hyung.. I haven’t seen Mr. Seo and Mr. Park from the editing team.. where are they?”

 

Taehyung turned to him.

 

“They requested to be moved to another branch..”  he replied as he touched his eyebrows.

 

He just lied.

 

The truth is he was the one who made them move to the farthest branch after he saw them hitting on Jisoo on her first day of work.

 

“What do you think of a company with only females as employees?” asked Taehyung.

 

Jungkook looked at him closely.

 

That was out of the blue.

 

“Are you drunk, hyung?” he asked laughing. 

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. He can never talk seriously with this guy.

 

He was asking for his opinion because he didn’t like his female employees being hit on by their thirsty colleagues.

 

More truthfully, he couldn’t watch other men flirting with his secretary.

 

“That’d make people think we are some kind of womanizers..” said Jungkook gulping some juice while looking at the bottle of soju before him.

 

“Hey.. just drink.. you are drooling right now..” said Taehyung looking at him. “Just be yourself.. why are you even trying hard to impress her?”

 

Jungkook covered Taehyung’s mouth.

 

“Who is impressing her? When did I say I wasn’t drinking because I wanted to impress Lisa? When did I say that?”

 

“Just now.. you just said it just now..” said Taehyung grinning as he looked over Jisoo who was having conversation with the others.

 

Lisa offered Jisoo a drink.

 

“I can’t..” she said refusing. “What if I have to drive Sir Taehyung..”

 

“He won’t drink.. I swear.. Sir V doesn’t drink with his employees I told you...” said Lisa putting her head on her shoulder.

 

Jisoo touched her face.

 

“Why is your face so hot? Are you sick?” she asked worried. 

 

Lisa sighed.

 

“I think I have a cold.. that jerk.. I mean Sir Jungkook left his windows open all day because he said he was feeling hot..” she said. “I hope I won’t have a fever.. I want to come with all of you to Jeju Island for our three day vacation.. that’s the only day I look forward to.. if I get sick now.. I swear I will get revenge on that man..”

 

Jisoo lifted her face and touched her forehead.

 

“I think you should go home now Lisa.. I’ll tell Sir Jungkook that I’d take you to your house now..” she said looking more worried seeing her red cheeks.

 

“My dad will come to pick me up in two hours unnie.. don’t worry and-..”

 

“I’ll ask him now.. you said you didn’t want to be sick.. we’re going to Jeju next week so just go home and rest well tonight..” said Jisoo quickly standing up and going to Taehyung and Jungkook’s table.

 

Taehyung’s face brightened up seeing her come.

 

“Sir Jungkook..”

 

Taehyung looked bitter. 

 

So she didn’t come to look for him.

What does Jungkook have that he doesn’t?

 

“Lisa is sick..”

 

Ohh.. it was about Lisa..

 

“I was thinking of bringing her home now..”

 

“You?” asked Taehyung surprised.

 

While Jungkook rose from his seat and looked at Lisa.

 

“I can come back here and drive you Sir if you need me to..” said Jisoo to Taehyung. “But I need to go with her because she’s sick..”

 

“Just stay here Ms. Kim.. I’ll go with her.. I’ll drive her home..” said Jungkook going to Lisa.

 

Jisoo cleared . Then that should be better, right? Sir Jungkook driving her home will be much faster.. but she was afraid Lisa would throw a tantrum. What if she becomes more sick?

 

She was looking over the other table to see Lisa’s reaction when Taehyung faked a cough to get her attention.

 

“Aren’t you sitting down?” he asked in a low voice. “Your legs will be tired..”

 

“Huh?”

 

Her eyes widened.

 

“Ohh.. I will Sir..” she said bowing her head and going back to her seat on the other table.

 

“Where is she going?” Taehyung asked to himself as he stood up and pulled her to sit beside him.

 

Jisoo was taken aback. Did he mean to sit there?

 

“That table is full of men.. Lisa is gone now so you’ll be alone there..” he said while looking away from him.

 

“But here you are-..”

 

Taehyung turned to her.

 

“What am I?” he asked staring at her eyes. 

 

“A man..” said Jisoo with an innocent expression.

 

Taehyung smiled as he turned to face her completely.

 

“Ms. Kim..I don’t think you understand what those punks..” he closed his eyes. “I mean those men are up to..”

 

Jisoo was looking at him blankly.

 

“Nothing.. just sit here.. I also didn’t want to stay alone..” said Taehyung.

 

Jisoo looked at his face closer and smelled him.

 

“Are you drunk, Sir?”

 

Taehyung was startled at her sudden question.

 

“What?”

 

He chuckled.

 

“It’s because you seem drunk, Sir.. you are talking more than usual..”

 

“It’s because you are-..”

 

He paused before he could say something.

 

She’s clueless! She is! Only the blind won’t be able to see that those guys have been eyeing her!

 

“I am totally sober right now..” he said folding his arms. “If you want Ms. Kim, you can drink..”

 

“I can’t Sir.. you know much sleepy I can get if I drink..” she said pursing her lips. 

 

“I’ll drive you home..” said Taehyung looking at her with an intense gaze.

 

Jisoo held his stare. Is Sir Taehyung really just kind? Is he really just thoughtful? 

 

Infact, Taehyung has been driving her home every night ever since that incident with Suho happened.

 

He’d even accompany her up to her doorstep because he was afraid someone might be waiting for her and surprise her again.

 

If it were another man, she would think that he had special treatment on her..

 

If he weren’t her boss, she would think that he probably had feelings for her..

 

But it’s Sir Taehyung.. that gentleman.. humble.. kind and generous CEO she works for..

 

“Then I’ll take a sip.. just a sip..” said Jisoo bashful.

 

Taehyung looked away before he could smile in front of her.

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

The day they’d be going to Jeju came..

 

Taehyung would bring all his employees there once a year to have a break from their busy lives in Seoul.

 

He has been doing it for five years in a row already. He thought everyone needed and deserved a reward vacation for working hard and giving their best at Viaggio.

 

He was sitting next to Jisoo on the plane.

 

He didn’t request it but Jungkook insisted that he wanted to sit next to Lisa. And he didn’t see any problem in it.

 

As soon as the plane took off and even though it wasn’t a long ride, Jisoo fell asleep.

 

Taehyung carefully put her head over his shoulder and tucked the hair that was covering her face.

 

This is why he can’t let her take the bus by herself and always insists on driving her home.

 

It’s because she’s always falling asleep anywhere and anytime. What if she ends up sleeping on another man’s shoulders?

 

That won’t be good.. it can’t happen..

 

Jisoo woke up just after they landed.

 

She was embarrassed to have fallen asleep again on his shoulders. 

 

“I didn’t really want to sleep Sir.. I just closed my eyes but somehow I did..” said Jisoo pouting her lips.

 

Taehyung suppressed a smile trying to act cool.

 

“It’s fine..” he said. “Although I think my shoulder has become a bit numb but-..”

 

“Shall I give you a massage right now? I’m really sorry Sir..” Jisoo pouted more that it made him smile right away.

 

“I was just kidding Ms. Kim..” he said turning to face her. “You are usually smart but slow when it comes to-..”

 

Then someone behind him accidentally hit Taehyung’s head with his hand baggage.

 

Jisoo burst out laughing.

 

Taehyung winced in pain but seeing Jisoo laugh because of him made him forget it.

 

“Did you just laugh at your boss, Ms. Kim?”

 

His eyes sharpened.

 

Jisoo covered right away.

 

“Did you get hurt Sir?” asked Jisoo belatedly.

 

“You are only asking now?” asked Taehyung staring at her. 

 

“You Sir are usually cool but sometimes you can be funny..” said Jisoo suppressing another laugh.

 

Taehyung’s lips curled up.

 

“I bet you’re the only one who thinks I’m funny..” he said still gazing at her.

 

Jisoo’s eyes shifted to everyone already alighting the plane.

 

“Let’s go now Sir..” she said about to stand up but Taehyung pushed her shoulders down gently.

 

“Where are you going with your seatbelt still fastened, Ms. Kim?” he asked he unfastened it for her. “You must still be sleepy..”

 

Jisoo remained still and smiled.

 

“Let’s go..” said Taehyung trying to stand up not realizing his seatbelt was also still fastened.

 

Jisoo laughed at him for making the same mistake.

 

Then she rose from her seat and walked past him leaving him alone.

 

“I think someone else must also be sleepy apart from me..” she said chuckling.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jungkook had just entered his hotel room when Taehyung knocked on his door.

 

“Did you miss me already, hyung?” asked Jungkook surprised because their rooms were just next to each other.

 

They have always stayed in those two rooms for five years already.

 

“How about sleeping in the same room together?” asked Taehyung staring at his eyes while holding his luggage in his hands.

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened.

 

Did this hyung perhaps change his preference? Does he like.. men now? Why is he asking all of a sudden?

 

“Let’s sleep in just one room downstairs..” said Taehyung.

 

Jungkook knows that the rooms on the lower floors are mostly twin bedrooms and are cheaper than what they have.

 

“Are you trying to save money, perhaps?” Jungkook was puzzled.

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“Just because..” he said 

 

But the real reason he wanted to change room is because Jisoo and Lisa are staying in a room in between the other male employees.

 

He didn’t like that!

 

And he clearly heard those specific guys talking about the two women before.

 

Does he really need to dispatch every man in his company to another branch?

 

“I don’t want to..” said Jungkook. “I love this room.. this has the best view of the sea.. why would I want to change and have to share with you?”

 

He was about to close the door but Taehyung put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter