Listening to her

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

 

Taehyung and Jisoo were sitting next to each other on the plane while Jungkook and Lisa were a few seats ahead of them.

 

Taehyung is feeling tensed. He would have chosen to sit next to Jungkook but that guy was busy reviewing with Lisa the latest tour he’d be selling to his customers in Thailand.

 

He’s always late in everything!

 

He must have partied all night again!

 

It has been more than two hours since they departed from Seoul.

 

Taehyung was just reading a book when suddenly he felt Jisoo’s head on his shoulder.

 

He just became more tensed.

 

He was completely frozen.

 

He knew she was sleeping for a while because she had her eyes closed ever since the plane took off.

 

Does she get motionsickness? Or maybe she’s just sleepy? Or is she tired?

 

She did look tired these days.. no.. she kinda looked worried..

 

The last time they had a long conversation was that time at his office when he taught her about package tours.

 

But they haven’t had the time to talk about anything after that.

 

She must be thinking about her ex again.. she must be feeling sad again..

 

He wanted move her head from his shoulder but the flight attendant came and offered him some drinks.

 

“I’ll just have some orange juice..” he said in a low voice.

 

He was given one.

 

“What would your girlfriend like to have, Sir?” asked the stewardess.

 

He was taken aback.

 

Then he remembered Jisoo’s head was on his shoulder.

 

They might seem like a couple in other people’s eyes.

 

“I’ll get the same for her..” he said.

 

He held the juice in his hand until Jisoo woke up.

 

Her eyes were blurry at first. What is that loud noise?

 

Then she realized she was on the plane to Thailand for a business trip.

 

With Sir Taehyung.

 

That’s right.. 

 

Why can she smell his masculine and refreshing scent as if she were very close to him?

 

Her eyes opened wide as she heard Taehyung’s breathing and felt his shoulders go up and down.

 

Did she just lean on him while sleeping? On his shoulder? On her boss’ shoulder?

 

She must have gone insane!

 

She sat properly right away and looked at him who was still reading a book.

 

“Sir.. I’m sorry.. I shouldn’t have slept so soundly.. I was just-...”

 

Then Taehyung closed the book to face her.

 

“This is yours..” he said handing her the orange juice. “I didn’t know what you liked so I asked the same as mine..”

 

Jisoo grabbed it with both hands without looking away from him.

 

“Thank you Sir..” she said embarrassed. “And I’m really sorry..”

 

“Why?”

 

“My head must have been heavy Sir.. you could have pushed me away.. I usually fall asleep anywhere.. even on the bus or subway.. I once ended up at the last stop because I was sleeping soundly..” said Jisoo lowering her gaze.

 

“Don’t worry.. your head wasn’t that heavy..” Taehyung replied opening the book again to continue reading. “But..”

 

Jisoo looked at him.

 

“Weren’t you able to sleep last night?” asked Taehyung without looking at her.

 

Jisoo sat back properly.

 

“Last night...” she sighed a little. “I just couldn’t sleep.. I had a lot on my mind Sir.. but I promise I’ll stay focused today..”

 

Taehyung looked sideways.

 

“You can sleep more..I’ll wake you up once we arrive..” he said leaning back and relaxing his shoulders.

 

Jisoo smiled a little.

 

 

———————-

 

It was their second night in Thailand.

 

Jisoo and Lisa were going back to their hotel rooms after having two long days of working and following their bosses around.

 

“I really hate going abroad while working.. I can’t enjoy anything.. I have to work until late while that guy.. I mean Sir Jungkook has time to meet with his friends when he wants..” said Lisa as she sighed.

 

They were inside the elevator.

 

“Sir V gave you a day off tomorrow, right?” said Lisa envious. “I wish my boss also treated me well.. if he had done what he had to first.. then I could have enjoyed my last day.. I’m really sorry unnie.. I really want to come with you tomorrow night but we’re going out of Bangkok so I think we’ll be back late..”

 

Jisoo smiled at her.

 

She had invited Lisa to join her for dinner at one of the oldest restaurants there.

 

“It’s a real pity because you must reserve a month before to dine in that restaurant..” said Lisa. “When will I get to eat there? That Jungkook is really..”

 

Lisa was sighing a lot that night.

 

Jisoo chuckled.

 

“But how come you have a reservation, unnie?” asked Lisa. 

 

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

 

“Oh.. it’s just.. I had also planned to come here with a friend and.. I made a reservation but my friend couldn’t come..” she said stuttering.

 

“Then why don’t you ask Sir V to come with you tomorrow night?” asked Lisa. “I’m sure he doesn’t have any appointments or plans.. he usually stays inside his room all day on the last day of any of his business trips..”

 

“Huh?” 

 

It never once crossed Jisoo’s mind. How could she ask her boss to come with her for dinner?

 

What if he thinks that she is trying to hit on him?

That she has an ulterior motive?

 

“I won’t go..” said Jisoo. “I’ll just sleep tomorrow all day.. I also wanted to rest..”

 

The elevator doors opened.

 

“But you never know when will be the next time you can come here again..” said Lisa grabbing her hand. “Goodnight unnie..”

 

The two went to their own rooms.

 

“Should I really ask him?” Jisoo kept on thinking to herself while walking towards her room.

 

She had reserved a table in that famous restaurant for her honeymoon.

 

She had to call several times and even sent some emails just to make a reservation.

 

It would completely go to waste if she didn’t go..

 

But on the other side.. going alone would make her look and feel miserable..

 

Should she really ask Sir Taehyung? But what if he misinterprets her invitation?

 

After a lot of hesitation, she found herself in front of Sir Taehyung’s room.

 

She will ask him to eat with her. 

 

What’s wrong with being thoughtful enough to ask her boss for dinner?

 

That’s right.. she is just being mindful of her boss..

 

But is coming to see him in his room a bit too much? Will he get the wrong idea?

 

She should have just sent a message instead!

She should go back to her own room and just text him..

 

But then she heard his gentle voice just behind her..

 

“Ms. Kim?”

 

Jisoo wanted to bury herself where she was standing.

 

“Were you looking for me, Ms. Kim?” 

 

She turned to him slowly.

 

“What made you come here?” 

 

She lifted her gaze from the floor to his face.

 

Jisoo gulped.

 

Sir Taehyung was wearing casual clothes..

 

His deep collarbones were showing..

 

His hair was messy but still looked good on him..

 

She only gets to see him wear formal attire in the company and thought he looked great but seeing him like this.. she could say he looks even better..

 

“Ms. Kim..”

 

Taehyung took a step forward.

 

Jisoo came back to her senses and remembered why she came there to see him.

 

“Sir..” 

 

But she was hesitating again.

 

Why is she feeling embarrassed right now?

 

“It’s good you came here.. I wanted to tell you that I’m meeting a friend tomorrow..” said Taehyung.

 

Jisoo pouted her lips.

 

She thought he wouldn’t have plans like what Lisa told her.

 

It’s good she didn’t ask him to eat with her because she would have been refused.

 

“He just called me a few minutes ago so I’ll have to leave in the morning..”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“Okay.. Sir..” she said softly.

 

“About dinner..” Taehyung cleared his throat.

 

Jisoo’s eyes sparkled.

 

“If you don’t have any plan.. I wanted to treat you to a dinner..” said Taehyung. “I was going to ask you to have lunch with me because we didn’t have time to eat somewhere good but an old friend called me..”

 

Jisoo suppressed a smile.

 

“Dinner sounds good..” she replied.

 

“Great then..” said Taehyung looking away from her. “You can choose the restaurant..”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“I’ll send you the name of the restaurant later Sir..” she said. “See you tomorrow night.. and have fun with your friend..Sir..”

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

“Goodnight Ms. Kim..”

 

Jisoo smiled as she bowed her head to him.

 

“You too Sir.. have a goodnight..”

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo was waiting for him in front of the restaurant.

 

The two agreed to meet there directly.

 

Taehyung arrived a few minutes later.

 

“I’m sorry Ms. Kim.. there was traffic on my way here..” he said as soon as he got out from the taxi.

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“I came only five minutes ago.. that’s fine..” she replied smiling.

 

Taehyung was mesmerized by her.

 

She was wearing a simple white top and a pair of pants but her beauty stood out.

 

She looked radiant. Is it because of her white top?

 

He could already see her from afar and even the taxi driver was looking at her before.

 

How rude! That’s why he didn’t even give him any tip.

 

“Shall we go in, Sir?”

 

Jisoo led the way inside even though it was her first time there.

 

She looked confused. 

 

Then a man came to greet Taehyung.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

It was the Chef. How does he know her boss?

 

Jisoo kept her head lowered as she took two steps away from them.

 

“I didn’t know you’d come here.. how is it going Mr. Kim?” the chef seemed pleased to see Taehyung. “Are you having dinner here? Don’t tell me you came alone..”

 

Then the chef’s eyes went to Jisoo.

 

“Is she-..?”

 

“She’s my secretary..” said Taehyung quickly. “We came to eat here..”

 

The chef chuckled.

 

“I see..” he said as he looked back at Taehyung. “I thought she was your girlfriend.. you know a lot of couples and ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter