Admiring her

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with you today, hyung?” asked Jungkook following behind Taehyung. “It took us a twenty minute drive to get here because you wanted to treat me at a fancy restaurant like this all of a sudden.. do you realize now all of the good things I did for you? I can’t believe a day like this would come to-..”

 

Jungkook saw Jisoo as soon as they stepped inside the restaurant.

 

“I guess not..” he said quickly realizing his best friend asked him to eat with him because of another reason.

 

“Ms. Kim is here..” he said nudging Taehyung’s elbow.

 

Taehyung pretended to have been surprised.

 

“Oh.. I didn’t know she would be here..” he said thoughtlessly.

 

Jungkook grinned.

 

“But who is she eating with? Did she find herself another man already?” Jungkook could only see Jisoo from where he was standing.

 

Taehyung stopped walking and turned to him.

 

“She isn’t eating with any man.. she’s eating with my mom..” he said, his eyes sharpening.

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened as they walked forward, finally seeing Taehyung’s mom.

 

He was looking at them from the other side of the restaurant.

 

“Shall we join them then?” he asked about to wave his hand to them.

 

Taehyung was quick to pull him and make him sit down quietly.

 

He didn’t want them to know they were eating there as well.

 

His mom might think he followed them..

 

Well.. did he?

 

Jungkook turned to him right away.

 

“Since when did your mom become close with Ms. Kim?” asked Jungkook still bewildered. 

 

“It just happened..” said Taehyung glancing at the two who seemed to be having fun while talking to each other.

 

In fact, Jisoo was having a really good time talking with Stella.

 

Their conversations went from Stella’s work experience as an architect up to her past relationships before getting married with Minho.

 

“Taehyung’s dad wasn’t my first love.. I used to dislike him when I first met him.. I hated men who were business-minded.. my dad was already like that and barely had time for me so I thought I would be left aside but Minho showed me he could be hardworking as a businessman and at the same time as my husband..” Stella was smiling as she recalled her younger days.

 

They haven’t seen Taehyung and Jungkook yet who were seated on the other side.

 

“But look at what kind of son I got.. I barely see him because he almost lives inside the company..” she shook her head thinking about him.

 

“But I think Sir Taehyung is really nice..” said Jisoo hesitant. 

 

Stella’s eyes became bright all of a sudden hearing her son’s name from .

 

“And I think it’s thanks to you and your husband..” Jisoo continued. “He grew up into such a fine man who might not be the sweetest son to you but is very gentle to the people around him.. you made him that kind of inspiring and humble man that he is now..”

 

Stella’s eyes were almost tearing up. Why does she feel so happy hearing that?

 

“Sir Taehyung helped me a lot..” said Jisoo smiling. “When I thought the world was falling apart on me because of some bad things that happened to me, he gave me a hand..”

 

Jisoo took a deep breath reminiscing what she had to go through.

 

“I had to quit suddenly at my last work and I thought no one would hire me because I might not be young anymore.. but he did.. without any prejudice.. he hired me despite of my lack of skills.. I think I was able to get back on my feet because of him..”

 

Stella was listening attentively to her.

 

She thought whatever Jisoo had to go through.. she must have had it tough.. she could see in her eyes while she was speaking, that she suffered a lot.

 

What could have happened to this child that she almost gave up?

 

“I’m glad that my son was able to help you although I doubt he did..” said Stella. “I’m sure you were able to come this far because you were strong.. and because you chose to stand up even taller..”.

 

Stella held her hands tight.

 

“Thank you..” said Jisoo. “Hearing other people encouraging me makes me really grateful..”

 

And they both continued eating..

 

Without knowing they were being stalked by Taehyung and Jungkook..

 

“Hyung.. wouldn’t it be better to just sit with them?” asked Jungkook looking at Taehyung who was keeping his eyes on his mom and Jisoo.

 

“Hyung!” he said aloud surprising him.

 

Taehyung flinched.

 

“Why are you shouting?” he asked looking at him finally. “What is it?”

 

“You’re still going to see Ms. Kim in the office hyung.. stop staring at her you might make a hole on her face..” said Jungkook eating by himself. “Can I have some of your food as well? I’m still famished..”

 

Taehyung gave him some.

 

“Hey.. eat slowly.. what if you get indigestion? You’ll send Lisa to the pharmacy again and give her a hard time..” he said shaking his head. “And I wasn’t looking at Ms. Kim.. I was looking at my mom.. I wonder what she’s saying that Ms. Kim keeps on smiling at her..”

 

“The you were looking at her..” said Jungkook stuffing his cheeks.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing hyung.. I said I’m thankful that you are treating me today..” he replied.

 

Taehyung also started eating before Jungkook could finish his food.

 

“Hyung.. what should I do if someone keeps avoiding me?” asked Jungkook in a low voice.

 

Taehyung looked at him surprised because he sounded serious.

 

“I mean.. I do feel she’s avoiding me but I don’t know why..” Jungkook continued. 

 

“Do you have to see her always? Do you have no other choice?” 

 

Jungkook nodded his head.

 

“She used to smile a lot before but now she’s changed.. I think I did something wrong to her but I am not sure what..” he said thinking hard.

 

“Is Lisa mad at you?”

 

Jungkook choked on what he was eating and quickly drank some water.

 

“I guess I’m right..” said Taehyung. 

 

“How did you know? Is Ms. Kim the same?” 

 

Taehyung sharpened his eyes.

 

“It was about time you realize that you have been mistreating her..” he said. “Do you think she’s numb to all your nagging and silly requests?”

 

Jungkook’s face became serious again.

 

“Was I mistreating her?” he asked. “I was just treating her like a friend because she’s almost the same age as me.. I thought we were getting along though..”

 

“Your secretary will never be your friend.. so don’t treat her like one.. you must be thinking that she wasn’t having a hard time just because she didn’t complain but deep inside.. she must have been offended or hurt.. she’s a woman afterall..”

 

Jungkook nodded his head.

 

“I see..”

 

Then the sound of a glass breaking was heard in the whole restaurant..

 

Followed by a woman’s loud voice..

 

“Who do you think you are to ruin my son’s life? After I let you work in my own agency for years, you dare to do this to us? How could a lowly and stupid woman like you have the courage to break up with my poor son?

 

A woman was shouting in front of Jisoo and Stella’s table causing everyone to stare at them.

 

“Hyung.. is she talking to Ms. Kim and your mom? Do you know that woman?” asked Jungkook. “Who is-..?”

 

But Taehyung was already walking towards them.

 

He knew it was Suho’s mom.

 

“You have no sense of shame Jisoo!  You must take after your mom.. you seduced my son so you could marry into our family and you broke his heart in the end to destroy his life?”

 

Stella stood up to calm the woman down.

 

“I think we should talk about these matters privately..” she said but she got pushed away.

 

Jisoo was startled and stood up.

 

“Could you talk to me outside, aunt?” asked Jisoo politely as she put a hand on her arm. “Please don’t-..”

 

Then she slapped Jisoo’s cheek.

 

“Who are you calling aunt? I don’t want to have to do anything with a filthy woman like you!” she said as she took a glass of wine and threw it on Jisoo’s face.

 

People’s whispers could be heard.

 

“I don’t want to see your face ever again and-“

 

She was about to slap Jisoo again when Taehyung caught her arm and held it tight.

 

She was startled and tried to pull her hand from him but Taehyung held it even tighter.

 

“Who are you? Why are you meddling with my business? Let go of my hand or I’ll file a lawsuit against you..”

 

Taehyung looked at his mom who was sitting while looking extremely shocked when she got pushed and even more shocked to see him there.

 

Then his eyes turned to Jisoo who was just looking down on the floor while some red wine was dripping on her face making her clothes wet.

 

“Who is this guy? Can you call the police to-..?”

 

“I’m the son of the woman you just pushed away and the employer of the woman you threw the glass of wine at..” he said as he put her hand down.

 

The woman scoffed.

 

Taehyung took out his wallet and gave her his businesscard.

 

The woman’s eyes widened.

 

Suho’s parents’ travel agency has been working for Viaggio for years already.

 

“You may contact me directly if you want to press any charges because I held your arm but please be aware that I might also file a lawsuit against you for physically injuring my mom and for mentally abusing my employee..” he said before holding both Stella’s hand and Jisoo’s arm.

 

Taehyung turned to Jungkook who was standing behind them.

 

“Will you take care of the bill?” he asked.

 

Jungkook nodded his head and smiled.

 

“In the end it was me who treated myself to this fancy restaurant..” he said to himself. “I even have to pay for two tables..”

 

And before Taehyung could go out with the two women..

 

“SH Travel agency, correct?” he asked Suho’s mom who was standing still. “I don’t know if I can continue working with you.. I usually hate working with lousy agencies who mistreat the people who have worked for them for a long time.. for me, manners matt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter