Feeling bad for her

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

Jisoo didn’t know she’d get a call right away.

 

Not at Viaggio, the biggest tour operator in South Korea at the moment..

 

And surely not as the secretary of the CEO..

 

Is luck finally going her way?

 

Is this the end of her misfortunes?

 

No.. it wasn’t..

 

She stepped on a gum as soon as she went out of her house.

 

She got on a very crowded subway and almost ended up getting off at the stop after.

 

She was running to enter the company when she bumped into a tall young lady who looked like she came out straight from a fashion show.

 

She bumped heads with her. What if she gets cursed at on her first day?

 

But thankfully, the pretty young woman smiled at her.

 

“Do you work here?” the lady asked as they walked side by side.

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“It’s my first day at work..” she replied. “How about you?”

 

“First day?” she said as she shook her hand. “Nice to meet you.. I’m Lisa and I have been working for the Vice Director for three years..”

 

Jisoo bowed her head. 

 

She didn’t know such a young lady worked for three years already.

 

She would have mistaken her for a student to be honest.

 

“My name is Jisoo and I’ll be working as a secretary..” said Jisoo.

 

“Whose secretary?” 

 

“The CEO’s secretary..” Jisoo said softly.

 

Saying she will be working as the CEO’s secretary to a person who has been working there for three years might cause trouble on her first day.

 

They might think she’s boasting and she doesn’t want to create any trouble for herself.

 

“Sir V?” Lisa said as her hands went to her cheeks. 

 

What kind of reaction was that? Jisoo was perplexed.

 

“I envy you!” said Lisa smiling. “He’s the most perfect CEO I have ever seen.. he’s handsome, smart, gentle, kind and he’s very hardworking..”

 

Then she sighed.

 

“Unlike the person I work for..” said Lisa shaking her head. “I’d bet a million dollars that he is inside the CEO’s office right now.. when you see him there make sure he stays for another hour so I don’t have to see him this early in the morning..”

 

Jisoo smiled a little.

 

Then Lisa’s eyes sharpened as she stared at Jisoo scanning her from head to toe.

 

“As far as I know, for the eight years that Sir V is the CEO.. he has never had a female secretary..” Lisa continued staring at her. “You don’t even seem to be his ideal type..”

 

Jisoo bit her lower lip.

 

Did she just insult her in her face? When she’s older than her? 

 

“Ohh.. unnie.. I don’t mean you look ugly.. you are pretty to be honest..” said Lisa smiling as she held her arm. “But his ex looks a lot different from you.. I mean.. Sir V is more into y women rather than pure and innocent looking women like you..”

 

Jisoo suddenly fixed her collar as she cleared .

 

Well.. they do tell her she looks cute and pure.

 

Suho told her he fell for her innocent looking face.

 

Gosh.. she thought about him again! 

 

“I think I need to go Lisa..” she said hurrying up. “Will you tell me which way to go?”

 

Lisa gave her the instructions and Jisoo arrived on the eight floor, the highest floor where she would find the CEO’s office.

 

There was a little kitchen where the CEO could enjoy some snacks and coffee when he needs a break.

 

There was also a bathroom and a waiting room just beside it.

 

And the secretary’s seat which will be hers, right in front of the CEO’s office.

 

She glanced at her relfection on the window. Her hair still looks neat, her outfit is simple but not dull.

 

She looks fine, right?

 

Will she be able to impress her boss on her first day or will she become a laughing stock even today?

 

She saw the door was open and immediately knocked on the door before going in.

 

There were two men inside.

 

One of them must be her CEO and the other one could be Lisa’s boss, the Vice director.

 

The two of them turned their heads to her in sync.

 

So which one of them is supposedly her boss called Sir V?

 

And which one is Lisa’s boss who’s making it hard for her?

 

While both of them looked at her with a surprised expression, the other man who was sitting on the couch had his mouth open as if he had seen a ghost after she introduced herself.

 

Did she already disappoint them just by her presence and introduction?

 

Then the man who seemed surprised at first approached her and shook her hand.

 

He must be Sir V.

 

Jisoo bowed deeply. 

 

Then her supposed boss turned to the other man who is supposed to be the Vice director.

 

“Jungkook.. go back to your office.. I need to talk with my new secretary..” he said sending him outside.

 

So.. Jungkook is the Vice Director’s name. 

 

He does look like someone who’d make it hard for his personal secretary.

 

He looks quite absent minded and trouble maker for some reason..

 

Jungkook had his eyes on her as he walked past her and went out of that door.

 

Then the door shut closed.

 

Jisoo gulped.

 

She must stay focused. This is her first day!

 

“Come and sit here..” said the CEO.

 

There was a long pause.

 

“Ms. Kim?”

 

Jisoo bowed her head again before sitting down.

 

“You worked for a travel agency before, right?” 

 

“Yes Sir..” she replied. “I worked there for eight years..”

 

Jisoo saw him taking out her CV.

 

But there is nothing else to see there.

 

She only had that job all her life.

 

Even she was wondering why he accepted her as his secretary.

 

“You are from this field so I don’t need to explain anything to you but since you have never experienced being a secretary, I will help you until you get used to it..” he said looking at her eyes.

 

 

“Your job is to arrange my schedules, make arrangements for my meetings, take notes and minutes during my meetings and also to keep formal records of the company’s progress and decisions..” he continued. “And sometimes I might need to ask for some personal favors..”

 

Jisoo was just nodding her head.

 

“Do you have any question Ms. Kim?” 

 

She shook her head.

 

“You may start working now.. your desk is outside and I left there a folder where you can find some important information about Viaggio..” he said.

 

Jisoo stood up quickly.

 

“I’ll do my best.. Sir V..” she said bowing her head.

 

But his eyes suddenly changed expression.

 

Did she say something wrong?

 

“I forgot to introduce myself to you.. my name is Taehyung..” he said as he went back to his seat.

 

Jisoo bit her lower lip in embarrassment. How could she call him by another name?

 

Did Lisa lie to her? Why did she tell her that he was called Sir V?

 

Another unfortunate event to be added on her long list.

 

She sighed as she sat on her seat outside.

 

What if she got on his nerves already?

 

He must think she’s weird after calling him with another name.

 

But he really looks the same as how Lisa described him earlier.

 

He is indeed good looking, his deep voice sounds pleasant to the ears and there’s gentleness in his eyes.

 

How did he manage to be a CEO at such a young age?

 

Lisa said it has been eight good years already.

 

What the heck was she doing eight years ago when someone was already this successful?

 

She was busy dating and flirting.

 

She thought about Suho once again!

 

Until when will she think about him?

 

She put her forehead on the table suddenly making a loud noise.

 

That hurts! She almost screamed!

 

What was she thinking of? Did Sir Taehyung hear it?

 

She looked through the glass wall and saw he was already looking at her.

 

Oh no! He must have been observing her since it was her first day!

 

She barely managed to compose herself and opened the folder in front of her.

 

Thankfully, he didn’t say a thing to her..

 

 

———————-

 

 

Taehyung went to eat outside the company with Jungkook.

 

He’d usually eat at the company’s cafeteria but today, he decided not to.

 

He couldn’t even breathe properly when Jisoo was sitting outside his office.

 

He was feeling uncomfortable around her. 

 

He didn’t want to have indigestion while eating inside the same cafeteria as her.

 

And he’s sure Jungkook would bombard him with lots of questions.

 

“How and why did you hire her as your secretary? Are you sane? What if she learns the truth? What will you do? Why didn’t you tell me before?”

 

And Taehyung was right.

 

Eating out was a good choice indeed. 

 

Everyone was looking at them because Jungkook was talking loudly.

 

And he is literally spitting on his face!

 

Taehyung covered his mouth and pressed his shoulders down.

 

“Why are you shouting? I can hear you clearly!” he said sighing. “Ask me one question at a time..”

 

Jungkook drank some water first.

 

“She’s that Jisoo, isn’t she?”

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

“Then why?” Jungkook’s brows furrowed. “Why did you make her your secretary? What if-..”

 

“Because I feel bad for her..” Taehyung replied quickly. “I felt bad when you told me about her..”

 

“Hyung..but she will hate us once she learns the truth.. why let her stay nearby when you could have just helped her anonymously..” 

 

Taehyung crossed his arms.

 

“T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter