Epilogue 2: Mong Jihyo

Trust and Respect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo woke up from what felt like a long, long dream. What was that?

In her dreams, she's almost similar to her life right now. She's an actress. But her boyfriend was not. Kim Jongkook is a CEO of a big company in her dream.

She got goosebumps when she remembered more of the details, their friends were there too. Jaesuk oppa as her CEO, Seokjin oppa as her manager, Somin and Kwangsoo were her friends from the same agency, Sechan worked for Jongkook oppa's company, and Donghoon oppa is his right man. What the hell?

Everything felt like a drama-plot of some sort, remembering the details made her head pound. Distracting her from remembering more of the details, she felt a hand tightened on her torso. Kim Jongkook, her boyfriend is still sleeping peacefully but he squeezed her in his dream. Jihyo smiled at his calm face.

He's too different from the image he built on their show. In Running Man, he's the Mr. Capable, the 1st Generation Gangsta and the Sparta. But in the house they shared, he's a needy, cuddly and affectionate boyfriend. He's everything he can't do in front of the camera.

Their family and friends were well aware of the relationship they started from 2016. But as Jongkook and Jihyo's request, they wanted to hide it from the world. At least until one day they decided to stop running. They didn't want to disturb their working environment by being a couple on the same show.

"Oppa, wake up. It's Monday, we need to run."

-8-

Jihyo arrived at the set, feeling a little bit sluggish because she fell asleep on the way. When she saw the set it was still rather empty, a cheerful Somin greeted her. "Eonnie, good morning."

"Hm, morning Somin-a. Are we the only one here?" The parking lot looked a little bit empty for her. "I guess so, I'm sure I arrived first." Jihyo squinted her eyes. "You're not a spy today right?"

Somin laughed. "Aniya eonnie, I promise!" the two girls started talking to pass the time when Bopil PD called them to a room.

"Please put on your microphones." Bopil instructed as soon as they entered the room. Somin complained that it's still early in the morning while Jihyo tripped on a plastic bottle of water.

They were informed that the male members will have to flatter them on today's race. To be exact, today is a special episode to remind the male members the first time they met the girls on the show. Running Man had been going for 10 years now, Jihyo joined in early while Somin joined as permanent member in 2017 along with Yang Sechan.

The PD said that they will play a video about the girls' first appearance on the show but they have to watch with the rest of the members. The male members only knew that they have 2 women guests for today, but they had no idea the guests were actually the MongDol sisters, Jihyo and Somin.

When the shoot finally started, Jihyo and Somin had a good laugh when they saw the male members dissapointed because the staff deceived them. Sechan went to a hair salon early in the morning and dressed well without know he's being lied to.

Jihyo had a lot of fun on today's race and she won a bouquet of flowers, given to her by the ultimate winner, Kim Jongkook.

Haha went ahead to take a quick shower as he received the pink paint punishment at the end of the race. Jihyo and the rest of the members said their goodbyes before heading back home.

Jihyo tiredly tilted her seat to a sleeping position, she was ready to sleep when her manager's phone rang.

"Jihyo-ssi, it's your boyfriend." he flashed the screen to her and she sat up straighter. "Oh? Why didn't he call me?"

Jihyo answered the call. "Oppa?"
"Your phone is off again, Jihyo-ya." he said with a laugh. "Ah mianhae oppa, I must've forgot to turn it on after the shoot. Why?"

"I'm going to hang out with my friends and go to the gym for a bit, what do you want for dinner?" He's always like this, always the considerate boyfriend. Jihyo had no choice but to fall in love more with him.

"Anything you want oppa, you know I eat everything." Jihyo simply answered.
"Geure, see you later love." the phone call ended.

"Why?" her manager asked.
"Nothing, I'm still going straight back home, oppa." Jihyo said while pulling the blanket higher, ready to take a nap.
"Okay."

Jihyo arrived at the apartment, feeling rather tired but she went to take a shower first before dropping her body to the bed, napping is her hobby.

Around 6pm, her boyfriend hasn't come back home and Jihyo felt a little lonely. She the TV facing the bed and switched through the channels to see what's interesting for her to watch. She's in the middle of watching a drama she had no idea about when s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter