One Man

Trust and Respect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November came and it was beginning to get colder everyday. Jihyo stopped going to different arcades with Kwangsoo because she couldn't be bothered to put layers just to go out. She bought the new Playstation instead, and played with either Kwangsoo or Sechan.

Somin is rather busy these days but when she had time, she came to Jihyo's place to hang out. They're into baking these days, Jihyo happily stocked baking ingridients and more kitchen equipments and tools nowadays.

Jongkook is on duty to re-check if the recipe is healthy enough, because Jihyo still needs to watch her diet. Also, he wanted to be able to eat it without regret.

Seokjin is usually with Jihyo too during day time, both immersed in stock market and everything now they had more time. Jaesuk usually came to drop random gifts from books to food. Jongkook is happy to see his girlfriend showered with love and care from her close friends.

On a Saturday afternoon, Jihyo is way too bored being home by herself. Strangely, no one answered her call. Kwangsoo and Somin could be shooting something so she had no complain. Sechan had Saturday and Sunday off but his phone is also off. Seokjin told her that he had family thing so he's not available too.

Jihyo's boyfriend and his best friend is out for a meeting, she didn't bother to try and contact them. She was flipping through many channels on the TV when her phone vibrated, a call from Tiny.

"Song Jihyo, my little sister, what are you doing on this fine and cold day?" he greeted cheerfully. "Tiny oppa! I'm actually bored out of my mind, are you in town?"

"Yes I arrived 2 days ago but I have work to do. Can I see you?"
"Ah of course oppa, do you want to come over to my place?" Jihyo offered.
"I still value my head, Jihyo-ya. Jongkook will be out for my head if I come over when he's not there. Let's go eat outside instead." Tiny joked.

"Oh? How do you know he's not here?" Jihyo is confused. He chuckled lightly. "Because I tried calling him and his phone is off, also, you said you're bored. You wouldn't be bored if he's there, silly."
Jihyo felt silly. "You're right, I'm such a fool."
"Aniya little sister. Text me your adress, let me take you for a meal."
"Okay oppa, I'll text you."
"See you soon Jihyo-ya."

30 minutes later, Jihyo ran to Tiny's car. Immediately hugging the big man, she hasn't seen him after the trip to LA so it's been a few months. "Aigoo, my little sister is looking pretty as always. Have you been well? Everything's good with your health?" he called Jihyo when she was still in the hospital, so he knew that she had been hospitalized.

"You look great too oppa, and I am. I'm as healthy as I can be, how about you?" she politely asked back and he said he's doing great too.

"Should we go now?" Tiny asked, putting his seatbelt on. Jihyo followed suit and nodded. "I'm always ready for food." she grinned.

"Aigoo, she's eating so well. Jongkook must be happy." Jihyo chuckled. "He loves feeding me. Healthy food of course, I have no choice."
"That's the Jongkook I knew."

They went to this beautiful restaurant located in a tall building to overview the city. Jihyo is mesmerized by the view and she let Tiny ordered for her. They were seated in a table beside the big window so Jihyo let herself drown in the peaceful view. The building is tall enough, so the cars on the road looked like a little tiny lights.

"Oppa where did you find this restaurant?" Jihyo asked Tiny because it's his idea to come here. "A friend told me, the view is amazing, isn't it?"

"Yes I love it, I wish I knew it earlier so I can be a regular here." Jihyo sighed happily. "I'm glad you liked the view, lil sis."
"Thank you for taking me here, oppa." Jihyo thanked him sincerely. "No problem, Jihyo-ya. Now tell me what are you been up to these days?" Jihyo launched the story about her activity schedule these days.

She told him about some CF she did, some photoshoot and lots of resting and fun day off she had with everyone. Tiny used to video call her from LA when people were in her place, so he knew about everyone basically, because he talked and met them virtually before.

In turn, Tiny told her about his work and adventure in LA. His story made Jihyo missed the warm weather of the city, compared to the cold Seoul.

They were happily conversing and laughing while enjoying the early dinner when Tiny's phone rang. "Excuse me, Jihyo-ya. I need to take this."

"Don't worry oppa, go ahead and take the call." Jihyo let him so he stood and walked away from the table. Jihyo focused her gaze on the view again, there's something about getting lost looking at the view of Seoul from tall building like these. It made Jihyo realize how tiny she is, and how peaceful the city is from this height.

Tiny took his time and Jihyo started to get antsy. She played with her phone but no one had texted her back, not even her over-bearing boyfriend. 10 minutes passed and Tiny is still nowhere to be found. Jihyo decided to lose herself on the view once again when the lights went out. Jihyo squealed, surprised to see the whole restaurant is now pitched black. She grabbed her phone to turn on a flashlight but the light went back on.

This time, a guy is standing in front of the piano in the corner. The guy had her back on Jihyo but the back is strangely familiar. The pianist started playing something, an intro to a song unfamiliar to Jihyo.

(참 오래됐나봐 이 말 조차 무색 할 만큼)
"It must've been a long time, long enough for these words to become colorless."

The man started singing before turning around Jihyo gasped loudly, hands automatically went to cover in surprise.

(니 눈빛만 봐도 널 훤히 다 아는)
"Even when I just see your eyes, I know everything."

It was Kim Jongkook. Her boyfriend. And he's... singing for her?

(니 친구처럼 너의 그림자 처럼)
"Like your friend, like your shadow."

He's pouring his hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter