003

(BxB) I will protect you, my star
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 3[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Another day of travelling passed and it was smooth one. Not until there’s a sudden attack when they’re about to go through another forest, the one that they had cross before arriving at the village on their previous journey. It’s just this time they’re getting in from the other side of the forest. It was already dusk, they’re just few metres away into the forest but was stopped by a small explosion in front of them. Everyone halted and quickly to hide and dodge the sharp flying object from the explosion. Once the smoke cleared, there are four shadows in front of them.

“Be careful.” Seungcheol hissed to his group to hear. Jun, Myungho and Jungchan already formed a circle with the Lees behind them. Wonwoo stood firm watching out for their back. Hansol stood beside Seungcheol, on guard as the future leader was.

“Future leader, remember the identity.” Seungcheol nodded to Hansol’s warn. He shouldn’t use his special ability for now.

One of the shadows came attacking them as fast as a lightning. Hansol manipulated his water element to create a shield from the attack. Some sharp ice were thrown to them by the attacker, blocked by Hansol’s shield.

On the other hand, another shadow already sneaked to their back and cornered Wonwoo. Wonwoo engaged with a close-range fight with the person, not letting them passed towards the Lees.

“They’re aiming them I guess.” Jungchan muttered to Jun and Myungho as he saw all of them tried to come to the middle. Jun and Myungho looked at each other before nodded.

“Chan, both of us will join the fight. Can you make sure their safety?” Jun said to Jungchan. At that, Mr Lee held Jun’s shoulder.

“Let us fight too.”

“But, sir, their target…”

“I will protect my family, please fight with no worries.” Mr Lee said and exchanged a look with his wife. She nodded to him. The three young generals looked at each other before nodded.

“Please be careful.” Myungho said. Mr Lee nodded and then the three went to join their friends to fight. Jungchan went to Wonwoo while the duo went to Seungcheol and Hansol as they’re fighting with three shadows at once.

Jun and his clone attacked in combo to one of the shadows that tried to a blade on Hansol. Hansol just noticed it after that, his eyes met in one glance with Jun. A silent thank you. Jun pushed that shadow away, to fight with him one-on-one or rather two-on-one. Myungho went to Seungcheol’s side, knowing that Seungcheol couldn’t use his main ability as he’s currently a Sagittarius-in-disguise.

“Future leader, I will block any attack. Just fight with your all.” Myungho said. Seungcheol nodded. He started to form some fireballs and directed to the shadow. The shadow they both faced seems like a water element judging by the attack.

“Wonwoo hyung!” Jungchan’s voice shrilled through the dusk. The shadow they’re fighting seemed to have something to counterattack Wonwoo’s invisible ability as he could even blow an attack on Wonwoo even the said man is not seen in the plain sight. Jungchan tried to use his telekinetic to attack the shadow as distraction so that Wonwoo could do surprise attack but his moves could be read by them thus now the shadow was holding Wonwoo on the throat.

Jungchan was in his ready stance, calculating his move as the shadow struggled Wonwoo’s neck even tighter. Before he could do anything, the shadow moved dragging Wonwoo with him. Jungchan pursued, aiming to rescue his friend. Somehow, they’re moving away from their group. Jungchan didn’t have time to care for it because he’s afraid of Wonwoo’s safety at the moment. The sky became darker as the fighting prolonged.

Back to the Lees, Mr Lee was replicating one of the shadow’s power, a Scorpio while his wife made fireballs to attack the enemy with accuracy. One of the shadow that was fighting Myungho and Seungcheol earlier managed to break through and reached Mr Lee. Mr Lee made a shield for Jihoon though. Jihoon was watching everything, he wanted to fight but his father stopped him for now.

“Something is different about them.” Mr Lee said to his wife. Mrs Lee nodded, she agreed terribly seeing the shadow was like unaffected by her accurate fireballs.

“I feel like… we’re fighting the assassin.”

“This is bad. How they get to us?” Mr Lee hissed. His replication time almost reached the limit.

Jihoon who was under the shield earlier noticed the shield started to weaken. He took a breath, reaching for the tiny blades in his back pouch. He’s ready to attack, knowing now his father reached his ability limit.

Hansol drew the knife that he kept in his boot when again the shadow’s blade almost hit him. He blocked it for a while before pushing him away. Jun came to give surprise attack but it’s blocked well. Both of them kept launching attack after attack, being blocked perfectly by the enemy though.

The night had fallen while the fight still continued. Seungcheol hissed when his hand got scratched a little by the knife the enemy suddenly took out. Myungho groaned as he failed to notice that, he quickly went on to kick the enemy away from Seungcheol. They fought one-on-one before Seungcheol threw another fireballs.

The shadows were so nimble and hard to give them a fatal blow even for a Sagittarius, Mrs Lee. The fighting prolonged seriously and no one among them noticed that Jungchan and Wonwoo were drawn away from the group. The fight started to get bloody when all the shadows started to take out blades and knives. The young generals had their own blades as an additional tool during fighting but every one of them only had a small knife like Hansol had as they usually depended on their main ability and element in a fight. Not that they didn’t know how to fight using a weapon like blades, swords, arrows or guns but they didn’t bring those on this mission as they don’t want to stand out with those weapons.

Even so, the young generals were trained to have a good stamina thus they’re still at their best after such a long fight. Jihoon already joined his parents’ battle, throwing the small blades towards the shadow even it’s dodged away. Jihoon didn’t give up though. Everyone is fighting thus he should do his best as well.

An explosion heard away from them and a familiar screamed. The young generals frowned as their eyes met each other. Still fighting but thinking of the sounds at the same time.

“Isn’t that… maknae?” Hansol commented as he glanced at Jun. Jun nodded and took a good glance around them when he got a chance.

“, it’s really him. He’s not around here.”

“Jeon hyung too!” Myungho supplied before blocking the blade that came for him. They didn’t use their real name on purpose.

“Damn it. What’s that about?” Seungcheol cursed. Hansol looked very worried. Myungho sensed it too.

“Something’s wrong.” Myungho muttered, he lost his focus a bit and was hit on the head. Seungcheol gasped at that before attacking the enemy to protect Myungho.

On the other hand, Hansol was in daze after Myungho’s word. He didn’t see the coming blade while Jun was slightly distracted by the hit he took so he didn’t notice the blade too. Hansol gasped as he felt a blade on his side. “No, Sol!” Jun rushed to grasp the enemy away from Hansol and fought him away. Hansol held his bloody side, staggering a little and knelt on the ground.

“Damn it… it’s quite deep.” Hansol hissed and cringed at the pain.

Jun was struggling to fight against the shadow while worrying Hansol. He wanted to go and check but the shadow locked him in a fight he couldn’t escape. He shouldn’t let the enemy went back to the injured Hansol anyway. He needed to protect Hansol at all cost.

Seungcheol pulled Myungho up after the male fell on the ground upon the hit he took. At the same time they saw Hansol in blood. “Oh no.” Myungho muttered.

“I can’t keep the identity. We need to subdue them.” Seungcheol said. The enemy was eyeing them, ready to attack at any time. Myungho squeezed Seungcheol’s arm around him.

“Not yet, please. We don’t know their real intention to attack us. Revealing that will make us in greater danger.”

“But Sol…” Seungcheol muttered. Myungho bit his lips. He’s torn as well. Before he could say more, the enemy attacked them. Myungho used his ability to rebound the attack.

“Don’t. Do. It.” Hansol’s words reached them. Seungcheol glanced at the guy.

“Sol.”

“I will be fine…” Hansol said with a light smile. Even though he’s lying, it’s more important for Seungcheol to keep hiding his identity. Seungcheol couldn’t smile but he nodded slightly. Myungho on the other hand stayed silent, he had element bond with Hansol, and he knew it’s a lie. To be honest, he’s very afraid right now. Hansol was weak, losing blood and… Wonwoo couldn’t be felt since the loud sound happened. He’s not sure if they made a right decision to stop Seungcheol from using his lion roaring ability for now.

Jun found an opening to attack, his clone locked the enemy’s hand that had the blade. They struggled for a while but eventually Jun managed to steal the blade. Jun held the blade tightly as he aimed to kill this enemy. He’s cleared now that the shadows were not reluctant to kill any of them, thus Jun fought more seriously. He managed to inflict some wounds on the enemy after that but still unable to subdue the enemy.

Myungho had put Hansol under barrier while he fought the enemy alongside Seungcheol. Hansol at the same time took his time to glance around, assessing their situation in the midst of pain. He frowned when he saw the Lees struggled to fight the enemy. At least Jihoon could get some distance in between them and the enemy because of his nonstop throwing. If they didn’t put some distance, the shadow might already had either one of them as hostage.

But he realized something’s not right in Jihoon’s expression. As if…

“, I’m out of blade.” Jihoon cursed. Hansol heard it and clenched his fist. The shadow already noticed they ran out of blade moving so stealthily towards them. Mrs Lee tried to attack but she missed it again as the enemy was very fast, faster than her accuracy. Mr Lee quickly pulled up a shield but the enemy’s hand managed to get through before the shield was up and held Mr Lee by neck. Jihoon and his mother gasped in surprise. Jihoon was closer so he resorted to kick the enemy to save his father but his leg was caught by the other hand.

“Jihoon hyung!” Hansol’s shout made Seungcheol and Myungho glanced towards them. The two looked at each other. Without a word, Myungho made a way for Seungcheol to go to them.

Seungcheol gritted his teeth and threw a fireball right on the enemy’s back as a distraction. Jihoon was struggling to pull his leg, finding the grasp loosened a little and used his free leg to kick the enemy wherever he could. He’s not trained to fight but he had his survival instinct. Double with Seungcheol’s attack, Jihoon managed to release himself and picked up one of his blades on the ground. He swiftly scratched the enemy’s hand that hel

Please log in to read the full chapter