004

(BxB) I will protect you, my star
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 4[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Jihoon opened his eyes slightly, he could feel some sunlight warmth on his face. He felt tired even though he just woke up from deep slumber. He gained clearer sight and noticed he’s not in his own room. Slowly what had happened come back to him at full force. With that, he jolted up and frantically looked everywhere. “Papa! Mama!”

“Jihoon. You’re awake.” Jihoon turned and saw Seungcheol who was sitting on the chair next to the bed he was lying. Jihoon grasped on him.

“Where are they?” Jihoon asked, shaking Seungcheol a bit impatiently. Seungcheol looked solemn.

“I’m sorry.”

“Where are they?” Jihoon asked again. Seungcheol exhaled.

“They’re already cleaned up for the funeral. We’re waiting for you to be awake for the final respect. You have been unconscious for one and half day, we decided to wait for another half day for you before we proceed on our own…” Seungcheol explained. Jihoon’s grasp loosened and he started to cry. Seungcheol didn’t know what to do so he stayed there silently. But he held the hands into his, giving him strength.

“What happened while I was out?” Jihoon asked after he calmed down a bit. They’re still holding hands.

“Chan, Mingyu and Seungkwan managed to finish the ambushers and brought back your parents inside the barrier. You fainted and got treated by our physicians, they said you fainted from stress. My father, the leader had gathered everyone and right now made a plan to figure out our next move. The plan is still in discussion but everyone now was training and preparing for another war. We had to be ready to fight because this place had been disclosed as we’re ambushed just near our barrier. They will attack soon.” Seungcheol explained what had happened. Jihoon closed his eyes, another tears falling out. Seungcheol saw that and unconsciously reached to wipe it away. “I’m sorry, Jihoon. I fail… to keep your parents safe.”

Jihoon didn’t say anything but took Seungcheol’s hands back in his. “Why you are sorry for? Don’t apologize about that. It’s not your fault.”

“But…”

“You told me, Seungcheol. Your mission is to bring me safely back to your place. Me.”

“But I…”

“Please don’t beat up yourself over this.” Jihoon exhaled and suddenly pulled Seungcheol closer for a hug. Seungcheol hugged back. “Thank you.”

“Why?”

“Just… thank you.” Jihoon hugged him tighter. He still remembered the blood on his parents, the gunshots. Those images were going to haunt him to sleep now but he had something in his mind. To revenge for his parents, it was bubbling within him. It was all he thinking while he wept for his parents. But then, it’s like a cold water poured on him when Seungcheol started to apologize. He didn’t understand this but somehow, he’s grateful there was someone who cared. They didn’t know each other for long but Jihoon found peace and calm whenever he’s with Seungcheol. And right now, his body screamed to make sure he’s not going to lose another person he holds dear to himself.

They stayed like that for a while before rushing footsteps coming from the outside of the room. Both of them released the hug as soon as they heard the door clicked open. “Seungcheol.”

“Jisoo.”

“Jun- Jun and Myungho are back.” The guy at the door, Jisoo said panting. Seungcheol startled and stood up.

“They are? Where are they? Are they okay?”

“Not in a very good shape, but they brought back Wonwoo’s body. Right now the physicians are checking on them while Soonyoung and Mingyu took care of Wonwoo.” Jisoo explained as he stepped in. “Hello, you’re awake Jihoon. I’m Jisoo.”

“Ah, hi.” Jihoon smiled slightly, don’t know what to say.

“Jisoo is the same age as me.” Seungcheol added as he turned to Jihoon. “I want to see Myungho and Jun for a while. I will come back.”

Jihoon nodded. “It’s okay, I’m fine.” They shared a look for a while before Seungcheol nodded turning to Jisoo asking which room the injured duo was in. Jisoo told him and Seungcheol took off. Jisoo stayed back for a while.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry for what had happened to you and your parents.” Jisoo said carefully.

Jihoon smiled sadly. “Thanks, but I don’t feel like talking about it now…”

“Oh, yes. Of course, I’m sorry so insensible of me.” Jisoo rubbed his nape.

“It’s fine.” Jihoon looked at Jisoo. “You are a-?”

“I’m a Capricorn.” Jihoon nodded. “I’m usually not around here much as I’m one of the people who went out to get some Intel, like your parents before they settled down outside. They’re directly my seniors thou because we’re in the same unit. Madam Lee was my teacher’s batch mate so I have heard of her great contribution to our community.”

Jihoon blinked as he looked at Jisoo. Jisoo smiled. “She’s an amazing woman, what my teacher said. And even I never met her personally but I admire her achievement my teacher told. Your father are also well-known among my unit, he’s one of the people involved on building our community’s barrier and maintaining for all these years.” Jisoo smiled more. “I’m sorry, I just want you to know that your parents are really amazing people.”

“Thank you.” Jihoon said smiling a little. Jisoo nodded.

“I shall not disturb you more, you should get a bit more rest. I think later Seungcheol will return with Leader so till then you should have plenty of rest.” Jisoo said. Jihoon nodded. The other guy bade his goodbye and left Jihoon alone. Jihoon’s eyes stared at the cream ceiling.

‘I miss you, Papa, Mama. What should I do now?’

 

 

 Seungcheol stared at Jun and Myungho who fell asleep after being treated. He managed to talk with them earlier for a while.

“We finished them off, by slight chance. But after the fight, we noticed there’s one missing shadow since our fight. We tried to search but the injuries held us back. We also couldn’t find Hansol. I want to continue searching but Jun’s injuries are very bad and I’m also exhausted. That’s why we decided to come back… with Wonwoo.” Myungho explained. Seungcheol exhaled.

“Thanks for keeping your promise to come back. It’s okay, you should rest for now.” Seungcheol said before glancing at Jun who fell into sleep when the physicians are checking up on him.

“The Lees…”

“We’re ambushed before we managed to get into the barrier. They died at the scene. Jihoon fainted for one day and half, he just woke up earlier. The ambusher however is none of the shadows we encountered but they’re from the same side, it seems.” Myungho nodded. He exhaled. Seungcheol got closer and pulled up the blanket for Myungho. “Rest and get well quickly, that’s all for you, for now. We will talk later.” Myungho nodded and closed his eyes.

Seungcheol left the room after looking at two of his friends for a while. He met his father at the hallway. “Leader.”

“I heard he’s awake.”

“Yes.”

“Is he okay? Is it okay to meet and talk about it?” Elder Choi asked.

“He’s still coping. I don’t know if it’s okay…”

“The funeral, we shall not delay longer…” Seungcheol exhaled and nodded. The father and son walked side by side towards the room where Jihoon was located. They walked in silence but their mind was going everywhere, thinking a bunch of things at once.

Both of them arrived in front of Jihoon’s room. Seungcheol opened it and let his father stepped in first. Elder Choi got inside and eyes fell on the bed. Jihoon who was about to get drowsy again perked back up and sat down when he saw Elder Choi. He never saw him yet he felt the domineering aura around the man. He knew this person is at very high position. He remembered Jisoo’s words earlier and eventually sat up, making a guess that the man is the leader. Jihoon saw Seungcheol coming behind the man and it made him more convinced. At another glance, he saw some similarity between the two. ‘Ah right, the leader is Seungcheol’s father.’

Seeing Jihoon tried to get up, Seungcheol rushed to his side. “Be careful.”

“I’m fine.” Jihoon whispered and his eyes went to Elder Choi. “I…”

“Hi, nice to meet you Jihoon. I’m Choi Jeong, Seungcheol’s father.”

“You’re the leader.”

Elder Choi chuckled. “That’s true as well. But it’s okay, I’m fine without the formality.” Elder Choi took a seat at the chair beside the bed. Seungcheol stood beside after making sure Jihoon sat properly on the bed. “How are you, Jihoon?”

“Physically fine.” Elder Choi nodded in understanding.

“I understood your feeling at the moment, Jihoon. But I have to come and ask because the funeral shall not stall any longer.”

“I understand.”

“I don’t want to take away your right as the one who shall start the final respect, that’s why we waited for you to wake up and tell us your decision.” Elder Choi said. Jihoon nodded.

“Thank you for your consideration, sir.”

“It’s nothing. They’re my people as well. I’m taking my responsibility. And I’m sorry that I’m unable to keep them safe…”

“It’s okay sir. No one here is in fault.” Jihoon exhaled. “I already feel fine, I can go through the funeral now.” Jihoon said in resolute. Elder Choi nodded.

“We’re preparing everything to the final respect. Someone will come to bring you to the place later.” Elder Choi said. Jihoon nodded. They stayed in silence for a moment. Elder Choi was about to take his leave when Jihoon suddenly talked.

“My parents aren’t not here anymore to answer my question.” Jihoon started. Seungcheol stared at the younger, seemed to understand where is this conversation going. He excused himself and waited outside. Elder Choi stayed when Jihoon told he wanted to ask things. Jihoon took a breath as he looked at the man. “Would you tell me why? Why I’m very important to you all? To Starsland?”

 

 

Jihoon stared at the tomb where his parents’ name craved side by side. It was his request, he wanted his parents to always be together. Everyone left one by one after placing their lilies and gave the final respect. Seungcheol stayed behind Jihoon after his turn. Elder Choi also stayed for a while before he patted Seungcheol’s shoulder asking him to look out for Jihoon with his eyes. Seungcheol nodded. As Elder Choi’s leaving, only Jihoon and Seungcheol left there at the graveyard. Seungcheol’s eyes fell on another fresh tomb not far from Jihoon’s parents. It’s Wonwoo’s and Hansol’s. Seungcheol actually firstly against the idea to put Hansol’s tomb as well but his father insisted, as a remembrance for them all of Hansol’s bravery.

Seungcheol exhaled. ‘I will take revenge for both of you.’ Seungcheol said to himself.

Without knowing, Jihoon was saying the exact thing in his heart as he stared hard at his parents’ tomb. He got up from his kneeling. Seungcheol turned to him when he noticed the movement. “Seungcheol.”

“Yes?”

“Will you be with me?”

Seungcheol blinked. “Huh?” Jihoon turned to him. He smiled slightly, it’s not a usual smile and Seungcheol could feel a dangerous aura from it. “Jihoon, what you have in your mind?”

“Revenge. For my parents.”

Seungcheol stood firm. “I want to revenge for my friends as well.”

“So, will you be with me?”

“I want to bring back the right peace to Starsland as well. Are you taking that path?”

Jihoon smiled. “The one killed my parents are the bad guy. The side who ruled this land wrongly. The so-called government but only a stupid power greed bunch. I will not spare any of them.” Jihoon exhaled. “Ophiuchus’ nature is strongly related to our heart. I’m not yet going through the maturity. I don’t know if I will turn good or bad. Right now thou, I’m full of revenge. What do you think Seungcheol?”

Seungcheol stared at Jihoon for a while. They said nothing only meeting eyes. Seungcheol who was the first one to break the silence. “I believe in you. Whatever you will be, you will choose the right path.”

Jihoon looked at Seungcheol amuse before chuckling. Seungcheol raised his brow. “You’re something.”

“Hm?”

“Will you keep your promise to protect me, even until now and future?” Jihoon asked.

“I will never go back on my words.” Seungcheol said firmly. “I will protect you Jihoon. I swear this in front of your parents, right here.” Jihoon felt his heart thumped irregularly fast. He stared at Seungcheol for a while before stepping closer. He hugged the other male. Seungcheol startled but he hugged him back after a while.

“Thank you, Seungcheol.” Seungcheol hummed. They stayed in each other embrace for a little while. No one mentioned about the thumping heart they felt from each other, beating fast but at same pace together. Right now, at this moment, like this already good for them. They’re young and inexperienced but they knew what’s important to them. Right now, it’s about protecting each other and their land from the evil.

 

 

“Leader, they’re here outside our barrier. It’s… a big army.” Mingyu who just arrived with his speed bowed and informed Mr Choi on what happened at the barrier. The Aquarius, Elder Kwon and Seokmin had seen few thin

Please log in to read the full chapter