001

(BxB) I will protect you, my star
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 1[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]In a faraway region, stood an isolated land from the others surrounded by nothing but blue sea. The land, called as Starsland, was inhibited by human with superpowers based on their zodiac spirit that they born with. It’s not genetic or inherited by bloodline, but it’s the gift from god. So, when a baby was born, no one would know his/her zodiac spirit until they reached the mature age where the power will be awaken and showed what their zodiac spirit is.

One zodiac spirit only harboured one special power aside from manipulating their element. The fire elements; Aries is gifted with super speed, Leo is gifted with lion roaring and Sagittarius with super accuracy. The earth elements; Taurus could shape-shifting themselves, Virgo could do telekinetic also telepathy and Capricorn could freeze a target. The air elements; Gemini produced their own clone, Libra could slow-down the time in certain space and Aquarius could see future. The water elements; Cancer is invisible, Scorpio rebounded attacks like a shield and Pisces replicated powers to make as their own in a period of time.

Over the time since human was created, there’s always a power struggle in this land. As zodiac spirit wasn’t inherited between families, family relationship wasn’t really ideal among them. They tend to see the same zodiac spirit as their own family and would side with them more than the person who gave birth to them. They called this as zodiac bond. Following the history of Starsland, the twelve zodiac we have known today wasn’t all. There’s a thirteenth zodiac called Ophiuchus which the element is light. They’re most powerful and rare, their special power is magic that depends on their heart nature. If they’re good person, they’re a healer or white mage. If they’re bad person, they’re a witch or black mage. Ophiuchus is rare but once a bad Ophiuchus appeared, they will be the nightmare to the others because they always thirsty for power. They will do anything to be the most powerful and ruled others. Because of the Ophiuchus, there’s never a peace in Starsland until few decades ago.

Written in a new history of Starsland, a very wise Leo who at that time the leader of Leo zodiac dreamt and planned to bring peace to Starsland. He’s one of kind that prioritized safety and peace rather than fighting. He even managed to have a loyal friendship an Aquarius and befriended with few others from different zodiac spirit. That Aquarius friend of his had seen a future that they will soon face an extinction if they didn’t stop the fight that bad Ophiuchus started in that year, so he advised the Leo to try for a peace. The Leo leader also wanted a peaceful land, heeded the advice and try to make negotiation with other zodiac leaders. He even tried to contact few good Ophiuchus he knew. The meeting was successful as the good Ophiuchus agreed to help them and they formed an alliance. The biggest war of 13 zodiac versus the bad Ophiuchus happened after the meeting. The Leo leader wanted to oppress the bad Ophiuchus, it was what the alliance had agreed, and he thought everyone was thinking the same. Little that he knew, some of them aimed to kill all Ophiuchus including the good one.

When the bad Ophiuchus fallen, the betrayers suddenly changed their targets to the rest of Ophiuchus. Only very few people together with the Leos didn’t aware of the betrayal protected the Ophiuchus. But they’re outnumbered, good Ophiuchus were killed and the protectors injured badly from the battle before they’re retreated and hid. Starsland obtained ‘peace’ with all the betrayers achieved agreement to kill any new kids that showed a sign being Ophiuchus, bringing an extinction to Ophiuchus zodiac. Thus, today we only have twelve zodiac.

The said Leo leader fell sick short after the battle. The Leos were weakened but fiery with revenge and grudge. The leader told his zodiac family not to fight then as they’re only going to lose so everyone stayed low. The few other zodiac spirit that stood with them in the battle which survived the battle, the Leo leader had taken them in. They’re his friends; the Aquarius who told him about the future, a Sagittarius, a Pisces and two Taurus. In the leader’s last breath, he had taken his favourite disciple that he believed hold the same passion of peace and equality like him to be his heir. The Leos agreed with the heir and under his reign, they’re plotting a plan to overthrown the tyranny of other zodiac spirit, avenging for the good Ophiuchus and their loss. They’re not agreed with the rules to kill new kids who just showed a sign of Ophiuchus when it’s not even confirmed.

The Aquarius told them he saw a new future where there will be a new pure Ophiuchus among their child who will help them to win back the right peace of Starsland. Even though there’s a high chance that the Ophiuchus turned bad, they will take the risk. They’re strengthening themselves over the years in order to brace the Ophiuchus when the matured age hit. They needed to make the new Ophiuchus side with them, in which they believed the Ophiuchus will do, as the Ophiuchus gifted with lifetime memories alongside their magic – they knew everything their ancestors knew.

It took years for them to put their plan in action, and this year is the year.

 

*******

 

“Seungcheol hyung!” Seungcheol looked up. The flame lit in his palm earlier dissipated.

“Hey, Soonyoung. What’s up?” Seungcheol called up when he found a bird shifted to form Soonyoung in front of him.

“My father called for you.”

“Hm? Why uncle want to see me?”

“I’m not sure but earlier, father had a future vision. I think it’s related.” Soonyoung said. Seungcheol nodded and got up. “Ride on me, it’s faster. Father seemed urgent to find you.” Soonyoung explained and suddenly changed himself to a horse. Seungcheol hummed and rode on the horse.

“Where’s Mingyu? Usually he’s the one to be the messenger as he could just run and get me.” Seungcheol said on the way.

“Mingyu is out on date with that stupid Libra.” Soonyoung hissed.

Seungcheol just shook his head. “Why you’re being angry at Jeonghan again?”

“Because he took Mingyu away today and left me alone!” Seungcheol just shook his head to the whine. He knew there’s no malice in Soonyoung’s words. Soonyoung didn’t hate Jeonghan for real. Seungcheol patted the horse back as a comfort. Soonyoung ignored his friend.

Seungcheol’s mind wandered away on the ride back to Soonyoung’s home. He’s a Leo, the one they considered leader among their small pack to show their gratitude for the Leos being very loyal and true to their promise.

Since that war where Leo was weakened, they had been in hiding. The other side, the betrayers had been keeping their eyes on them, searching for them but didn’t find them. It’s because the water element among them made a barrier to hide their place. They created their own small community with a new rule, everyone is equal and family no matter what their zodiac spirit is and their leader will always be a Leo. The current leader is Seungcheol’s father, who is also a Leo. The heir, Seungcheol will be the next leader. Their community raised the new born baby themselves, by the birth parents. The zodiac spirit variety grew over the years in the community and somehow now they had all twelve zodiac in their community, given they just had their first Virgo fourteen years ago – the last zodiac spirit that they yet to have. The leader had bestowed a position to the twelve zodiac from the young generation, as the young generals. It’s including Seungcheol and Soonyoung.

They had arrived at Soonyoung’s home soon after. Seungcheol got down and Soonyoung shifted back to himself. He led Seungcheol inside. Soonyoung’s father had waited for him.

“Seungcheol.”

“Uncle Kwon.”

“You need to find him.”

“Who?”

“The Ophiuchus. He’s born some years ago and soon to reach his mature age.”

“He’s not from here?” Soonyoung asked. It had been a prophecy among their community that the Ophiuchus will be born from their child. Soonyoung’s father sighed.

“There’s a Pisces and Sagittarius couple that left our protection some years ago. We safely sent them to mingle in the other side for some information. Our Leader let them as the man is a Pisces, they can hide if anything. They had a boy later, and recently the boy is showing the very distant Ophiuchus sign. The Pisces already took the safety measure to disguise his son as a Sagittarius for a while but it won’t last long. The parents are very sure their son is the Ophiuchus and my vision matched.” So

Please log in to read the full chapter