Chapter 10

CRAZY LOVE (One Shot) (18 Parts)
Ela and her friends quietly went back to their hotel. They were all very much confused with the mixed emotions they were having.

As soon as they entered the hotel room . . . .

"Unni . . . why didn't you accept Jaejoong's invitation? Oh! I can't understand you," Nab exclaimed with frustration.

"Nab's right Unni. Why did you reject Jaejoong? It was your chance to have a special date with him. We all know you like him. So why?" Iqah asked with confusion on her face.

Ela sat down on the long sofa in the living room. She was feeling very tired, and both her mind and her heart were fighting. She slowly leaned back on the sofa and closed her eyes. She knew she did the right thing, but her heart was objecting.

"Unni . . . what's wrong? Are you all right?" Daniaa asked worriedly as she sat down beside her. Nab and Iqah also sat down and looked at Ela.

"Unni . . . " Nab uttered.

Ela opened her eyes and looked at her friends. She then smiled bitterly. "You guys want to know why I didn't accept his invitation?" she gently asked.

The three girls nodded their heads and patiently waited for their friend's answer.

Ela sighed deeply. "Jaejoong is just a dream for me . . . There are too many differences that sets us apart. He's a famous singer . . . and I'm just an unknown writer. And aside from that . . . the biggest problem is he's only 22. While I'm 25 . . .soon to be 26 in a few months. It would be too embarassing for both of us, if we became involved with one other . . ." Ela tried to explain.

"But Unni . . . aqge doesn't matter when it comes to love," Nab uttered.

"Nab, you're really still very young," Ela said as she slowly smiled bitterly. "Age does matter, Nab. And frankly, sometimes it also depends on the situation. If the guy is the one who is older than the girl, then it doesn't really matter at all. But it's quite different when the woman is the one who is older . . . Some people find it to be unacceptable . . . especially if the woman's with the man is more than two years."

"Oh . . . Unni, so that's the real reason why you didn't want to go out with him? I feel so sad. We all know that you like him very much. Why do you have to control your feelings just because of your age and what others might say? DOn't you want to give yourself a chance to be happy?" Iqah spoke seriously.

Ela shook her head. "I know it would be too complicated . . . I don't want him to get into trouble. And I know the president of SM Entertainment will immediately react once he learns that Jaejoong and I went out on a date. The DBSK boys are very popular now. A single scandal would surely damage their careers. So I just decided to leave him alone . . . for his own sake."

Nab, Iqah and Daniaa sadly looked at each other. They knew their friend had a valid reason. But they still couldn't accept the fact that she was giving up her chance to be happy.

"I hope you know what you're doing Ela Unni. True happiness only comes once in a lifetime. If you let it go now . . . it may never come again. And besides . . . you may never know . . . Jaejoong might really be the one for you. And you're just going to let him pass you by," Daniaa said.

"Thank you guys for all your concern. But I've already decided, I don't want to get involved with him. It would only complicate . . . both our lives," Ela uttered.

"Oh Unni! No matter what you decide . . . always remember we love you and we are always here for you," Nab said as she lovingly embraced Ela.

While Nab was hugging Ela. Iqah and Daniaa sadly stared at each other. They knew their friend was making a big mistake. And somehow they didn't want her to regret in the end.

"I wish I am really doing the right thing . . . ." Ela said in her mind as she stared at her friends.