Part 5

The Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The younger girls squeal in excitement, as if it'd been years since they'd last seen each other. Before either woman can get a word out, Hyewon is dragging Jihyo to Naeun's room to show off the few toys she brought with her.

"I guess we really did end up seeing each other again." Naeun comments, stepping aside to let Hayoung in. "I have to say I was surprised when your roommate called me, though, especially when you guys were the only ones to answer the ad." Hayoung admits, scanning their living room.  Naeun raises an eyebrow in surprise. Maybe we really were fated to be friends.

"Jihyo usually hates coming with me when I go to visit houses, but she was so happy to tag along because I said I was going to see you and Hyewon." Hayoung continues. "I think you two have become her favorites." Naeun chuckles lightly. "Today is the most excited I've seen Hyewon since... ever? I guess it's safe to say that she really likes being around Jihyo too." She replies.

Hayoung takes a seat next to a table covered with picture frames. She examines one as Naeun takes a seat next to her. Naeun keeps her distance, the smell of Hayoung's perfume dizzying her in the most satisfying way possible. And, as much as she wanted to stay in that trance forever, she needed to focus on Hyewon, not how effortlessly perfect Hayoung seemed to be.

"Is this Hyewon?" She asks curiously. Naeun snaps back to attention and finds Hayoung looking at a picture of her. Her cheeks burn pink. "No, that's.. that's me." She answers hesitantly. Hayoung looks quickly between the baby photo and herself, making Naeun feel slightly self-conscious. Is the picture bad? Or is it me now that's unbelievable?

Before she can give in to the sudden need to make up some lame excuse, Hayoung interrupts her with a loud "Aww!" from Hayoung. Her cheeks burn slightly deeper as Hayoung begins to really admire the photo. "Thank you.." Naeun replies shyly. She clears . "But.. about Hyewon.." She starts. "Yes! I'm here for Hyewon." Hayoung reminds herself, putting down the picture. "When would you need me to be around?"

"I usually leave the house around 6 or 7 am, so I can take Hyewon to school in the mornings. The only problem is bringing her back home since I have work once I finish classes at around... 2 pm. I don't get home until around 9, unless we close early." Naeun rushes to clarify at seeing Hayoung's surprised face. "Usually, my roommate, Chorong, will be home before me so don't worry about staying super late. All you'll have to do is bring Hyewon home after school and watch her until either Chorong or I get back home. I won't need you here on the weekends unles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter