Part 2

The Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji drives Naeun to her parent's house the next morning. Eunji doesn't know much about what happened the night before, aside from what Chorong quickly explained, and Naeun is glad she doesn't press her. Her mind is already running in dark places, and balancing an unintentional interrogation would set her over the edge.

Naeun's heart crawls into as Eunji pulls into her parent's empty driveway. The same driveway was where they left the family car. Always. Maybe they moved the car to the garage because of the cold? She reasons. Although heavy doubt surrounds the thought, she clings onto it as a lifeline. She doesn't know what she'll do if it turns out her parents are missing, or worse.

"You coming?" Eunji asks. She's already outside of the car, waiting for Naeun to follow. Naeun quickly pulls on her gloves and steps out. "You don't have to come with me, you know." Naeun says. "It's probably nothing." Eunji shrugs. "Maybe, but I also want to see where you grew up." She grins. Naeun rolls her eyes.

Naeun pulls out her house key and opens the door. Her hands drop when the door opens to reveal that it's been completely empty. It was as if she'd walked into a crime scene, if the crime was an extremely clean robbery. "Maybe they're redecorating?" Eunji tries.

Naeun ignores her as she wanders in, her mind completely numb. Her parents weren't adventerous people, and definitely wouldn't have run off for no reason. However, she has a hard time finding an actual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter