Part 3

The Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun is almost envious at how quickly Hyewon makes friends. They'd been there for no longer than 10 minutes and she managed to befriend six other girls. While she has fun, Naeun's mind goes back to her parents. She has so many questions, but no one to answer them and it's driving her over the edge. The only thing keeping her from screaming in frustration is the occasional sound of Hyewon's sweet laugh as she plays with the other girls.

"Naeun!"

Naeun looks down to suddenly find Hyewon shaking her leg. "Jihyo said it'll rain soon, so we have to go home!" She quickly explains. Naeun smiles mischeviously as she gets up as slowly as she possibly can. "Faster, slow poke!" Hyewon groans. Naeun laughs as she stands up normally. Hyewon quickly slides her hand into Naeun's as stormclouds begin to gather overhead.

She and Hyewon try to hurry home, but the rain falls much quicker than either of them could have anticipated. Naeun uses her coat to shield them both, but it quickly gets soaked. Too tired and cold to keep running, she pulls Hyewon into a nearby convenience store.

Hyewon shakes herself off as soon as they enter, spraying water all over the floor. Naeun gives the cashier an apologetic look as they move to grab a mop. Naeun holds onto her sister's hand as she searches for an umbrella. Suddenly, Hyewon gasps and takes off. Naeun recognizes the person Hyewon runs to as one of the girls from the park.

She and the girl talk excitedly, pausing when a woman comes from around the corner. She's dressed casually, and doesn't look much older than 20. She definitely didn't look like she could be anyone's mother. Instinct kicks in as she begins moving toward Hyewon and her friend when the other girl turns to the woman. "Hayoung, this is my friend Hyewon!" Jihyo says. Naeun stiffens as she watches Hyewon naively hold out her hand for Hayoung to shake. "She's so polite, maybe you could learn a thing or two from her." Hayoung comments as she takes Hyewon's hand. Jihyo sticks her tongue out at her in response.

"And that's my sister, Naeun!" Hyewon says, pointing behind her to where Naeun is standing. Naeun's eyes widen momentarily as Hayoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter