Halloween

The Elzard

‘’What are they doing in the forest’’ Seungri narrowed his eyes; this is one of those rare moments where he is furious that not everything is going his way

 

First Daesung is dead and now…the other two has bought nothing…

 

Again.

 

‘’We don’t know’’ Top said with no emotions, as if he was a robot answering to its creator.

‘Could it be that they’re getting too weak because of the machine?’ Seungri thought in distress, there is still a lot of research that he needs but the other part of his plan is taking too long to accomplish.

‘’Damn it! I just need one person you stupid fools! Kidnap one ing elementless and yet you couldn’t do one simple job!’’ Seungri shouted at them angrily and shot them a dark blast, blasting the two and making them skid to the ground harshly

‘’Pathetic!’’ Seungri spat out in distaste and grabbed G-Dragon’s shirt and lifted him up, looking straight to his eyes

‘’Now,’’ His eyes glowing ‘’Make me see what happened to you.’’ Then his eyes closed, Seungri could only watch from his mind when he sent these two to the elementless daughters of the council head…

 

But then suddenly…

 

A blur was seen and Seungri was thrown back from G-Dragon, his eyes a bit wide

 

‘’W-what? Another master of the dark element?’’

 

It was a much-advanced spell that was used on his puppets…one that managed to wipe what they saw and even managed to throw any dark elzards if someone might wander the mind on others or in this case, his puppets. Seungri was thankful he had them wear an dark-infused mask to well...mask their faces and not be seen by anyone.

He was thankul Top is a lightning elzard so they could escape quickly...because if they were too slow, whoever wiped what they saw on their minds is pretty much a high-level dark elzard so it won't be too much trouble for that peson to destroy the spell that he used on their masks.

‘’That’s impossible, they’re elementless and if they do have elements, it shouldn’t be this advance’’ Seungri gritted his teeth in anger ‘’Is someone protecting them? I can’t risk this too much especially if someone recognize them…especially me’’

That was the reason why Seungri couldn’t kidnap the girl himself, he couldn’t risk getting caught especially since he’s been quite trusted around the council.

‘’Hmp, never mind then. I’ll take my sweet time and get the girl myself when the time comes’’ Seungri smirked and plugged his puppets once again to his giant machine, watching as it starts doing its work.

‘’Revenge will be so much sweeter when I get my hands on the daughter of the council head…’’ Seungri laughed darkly ‘’But if there is someone protecting them…I’ll leave them alone for now’’ He looked at the big machine and his knocked out former teammates

‘’…until I finish this.’’


‘’I am not having another picture!’’

Chaeyoung growled and crossed her arms, looking at the triumphant Jenlisa and an apprehensive Jisoo with a scowl on her face

‘’No!’’

‘’Come on Rosie~’’ Jennie teased ‘’Wear this and the four of us will look like badass ready to take on a zombie apocalypse’’

Chaeyoung eyed the cream rebell crop top and belt along with it paired with the same color comfortable skirt that is definitely easy to move around it. The black tube is what makes her unsettled because she will be showing skin and she is absolutely sure that Joy won’t leave her alone the moment she stepped in school. The black short will help her wear the skirt though and those black boots are definitely badass as hell.

She looked at the three girls who are already dressed, yes even Jisoo because apparently, she had the same idea as them coincidentally but Chaeyoung herself was only planning some ordinary casual clothes, not wanting to follow the costumes the school has required for all of them.

Rebellious Park Chaeyoung everyone.

Jennie was wearing a black mecha crop top that showcased her firm abs paired with white pants that is ensured by a black belt and a leg pouch strapped to her thigh plus her white shoes. Her hair is also braided and it really highlighted Jennie’s fierce personality.

Lisa seems to be the definition of badassness as she was wearing all black; black long sleeved top and a mini military chest rig that also showcased her abs, black shorts secured with a bigger belt, a bag that seems to be strapped to her waist and hanging around her left thigh as well as high boots.

Jisoo, on the other hand, is wearing a sleeveless crop top that is enveloped by a see-through long sleeved black top paired with a half…literally half short dress that is up to her mid thighs. Longer black short than Lisa’s and a leg strap on her right leg and also longer high boots that reached her knees

(So basically…their KTL era outfits. Don’t know why I decided to describe them each but hey, it’s fun)

‘’It’s definitely my style but still they’re showing so much…skin’’

‘’Force her Jisoo-unnie!’’ Lisa pouted that made Jisoo sighed, she’s been getting mauled by the maknae (for obvious reasons that Jennie can’t do it with her) to force Chaeyoung to this outfit and finally decided to give it up.

‘’Just do it Chaeyoungie’’

Chaeyoung grumbled but she knew they’re going to be too late for Jisoo’s potion-making contest, and she doesn’t want to burden her unnie like that. She glared at the smirking Jennie and snatched the outfit with a huff.

Jennie chuckled ‘’She’s been less grumpy than I thought she would be’’

A few minutes passed and they heard the door opening and Chaeyoung’s voice laced with irritation

‘’Happy?’’

The three girls in their breath seeing Chaeyoung casually going out with her new outfit and it definitely looked way better than they imagine.

Chaeyoung looked at them strangely ‘’I knew it would be weird’’ She mumbled and self-consciously grabbed her defined stomach to hide it from their prying eyes

‘’You look good Chae!’’ Lisa grinned and giving her a thumbs-up that made Chaeyoung relax a bit and take off her hand

‘’Are you girls done yet? The camera film is ready’’

‘’We’re done mom’’ Jennie smiled happily seeing Chaeyoung pairing up with them well…yeah with her sister too so…

They went down and Hyuna’s squeal was so loud, they had to cover their ears

‘’Oh My God! You girls look amazing!’’

‘’Please don’t shout…’’ Chaeyoung mumbled making Jisoo chuckle lightly at her predicament. Though she wasn’t expecting the other having the same concept as her, it’s really nice to see Chaeyoung having the same concept of outfit as well.

‘’Same position as last time girls!’’ Jensoo scrunched up her face at that but seeing their mother’s glowering face at them, they quickly followed through. Lisa snickered while Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, walking next to Lisa and just standing there, wanting to get this over with.

‘’Look fierce girls to get that concept going!’’ Hyuna said happily and pointed the camera to them. The girls’ eyes switched and, in a flash, they looked like four fighters ready to take on any threats on the world.

Hyuna let out a teary smile, looking at the picture happily despite the serious faces they have.

‘’I really should have you girls model for some extra cash around here’’

Jisoo snorted at that and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, ignoring that claim while Jennie smirked, confident at her charisma, and same goes for Lisa.

It feels amazing to be a mother at times like these as she watched these girls grow up into the woman they are now.

‘’You girls better get going, the contest will start soon’’ Jisung said, appearing besides Hyuna.

The girls nodded and started walking out the door as Lisa spoke out

 

‘’Hey Chae, do you think you could pull us all to the school using your element?’’

 

Chaeyoung pursued her lips in dread and nodded slowly as an excited smile appeared on Lisa’s face.

 

‘’Why won’t you use your element so that we could get to school faster?’’

 

‘’No.’’

 

‘’Oh, come on, I bet it will be like riding a rollercoaster!’’

 

‘’Lisa you’re such a child’’ Jennie rolled her eyes  ‘’But…I also don’t mind it though. It will definitely be faster.’’

 

‘’Jendeukie you’re such a child’’ Jisoo snickered making Jennie glare at her

 

Chaeyoung sighed and offered her hand to Jisoo who looked at it confusingly ‘’Hold my hand unnie, and hold their hands also. Well, Lisa’s so Jennie should hold Lisa’s hand.’’

Jisoo blinked ‘’She’s really doing this?’’

‘’Only because I want to let out my lightning element more frequently…I don’t want to overload myself again, it’s not a good feeling.’’ Chaeyoung unconsciously answered Jisoo’s thoughts. With all of their hands clasped, Chaeyoung started letting out lightning elemental energy to her feet which has started to create sparks as she tapped on the ground. One step, and they’re suddenly zooming towards the school with Jennie shouting in fear and panic.

 

‘’THIS IS NOT WHAT I HAVE IN MIND! I HAVE MOTION SICKNESS YOU IDIOTS!’’

 

Hyuna laughed at that watching Jennie literally fly like the wind is carrying her and Lisa could only laugh joyously as Jisoo chuckled at her sister's shout while Chaeyoung let out a small smile hearing that.

Hyuna looked lovingly at the taken picture and could only sigh in happiness ''They look amazing right honey?'' She whispered softly to her husband as Jisung grabbed her shoulders and pulled her closer to kiss her on her forehead while he whispered in confidence

''They look like the future of the elzard world''


Chaeyoung smirked in amusement watching Lisa rubbing Jennie’s back soothingly but with the same smirk of Chaeyoung as well

‘’You should have told Chaeyoung what speed you would have liked’’ Lisa snickered making Jennie glare at her weakly because of her motion sickness

‘’How the hell would I know she would go supersonic?!’’

Jisoo shook her head but she’s wearing a small smile on her face though it faltered a bit when people kept on looking at them with awe eyes, some are even flirtatious seeing they look hot as hell.

‘’I don’t know if I would rather choose getting bullied…or getting eyed like this by those ignorant fools’’ Jisoo rolled her eyes and could see the registration table for the potion-making contest

Jisoo grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand and hauled her over the registration table leaving behind Jenlisa. Lisa pursued her lips seeing the two disappear from the crowd

‘’When I find Seulgi and the others, I’ll give Jennie to them then I’ll go find Chaeyoung since Jisoo will be participating the contest.’’

One thing is for sure, they will be having a plan for the shadow monsters when the night ends


‘’Jisoo! Chaeyoung!’’

The two girls turned around and their faces lightened up after seeing Wendy waving and running up to them

‘’Wendy!’’ Jisoo grinned happily and hugged the hamster-like girl ‘’We missed you! How are you feeling after eating Joy’s monstrous cake?’’

Wendy grimaced remembering that and let go of the hug ‘’Well, Joy did get an earful when she got home from Irene’’ She let out a small giddy smile at that ‘’It was hard to heal myself so Irene has to create a healing potion. It was extremely painful but thankfully my light element lowered the pain a bit and Irene was able to create a quick healing potion, but it was still not a good experience’’

‘’Tell me about it’’ Chaeyoung mumbled, remembering the burning pain inside of her when she ate that cake. One thing is for sure, she’s still holding quite a grudge for Park Joy.

Speaking of Park Joy…

‘’Hey Rosie~’’

Chaeyoung sighed and the three girls glanced at the grinning Joy who was whistling at Chaeyoung’s choice of outfit

‘’I wouldn’t have thought that Chaeyoung The Lightning is wearing a costume this Halloween’’ Joy smirked and winked at her flirtatiously which irked Jisoo.

Chaeyoung’s observant eyes switched to Joy’s arms which was hidden well by a black cloak as she was dressed like a witch, but the lightning burns she suffered were still there that made Chaeyoung’s grudge to Joy lessen a bit. She narrowed her eyes at a lingering question on her head and knew she needed to get to the bottom of this.

‘’Come on Rosie! Let’s get something to eat while Wendy-unnie will be accompanying Ms. Protector here for her potion-making contest’’ Joy exclaimed while normally clinging to Chaeyoung’s arm then looking at Jisoo straight in the eyes

‘’I’ve heard the potion you’ll probably be making today is a Dispelled Potion‘’ Joy smirked before waving good-bye to them ‘’See you guys later!’’

Without any much response from Chaeyoung, Joy dragged her away from the other two before they could say anything. Wendy watched in amusement seeing Jisoo who is normally shrugging the two of them, seems to be agitated right now.

‘’You getting bothered by my best friend getting close to your crush?’’

Jisoo scowled and crossed her arms, looking away from the close proximity of Chaeyoung and Joy ‘’I don’t care, I know Chaeyoung wouldn’t focus much on love anyway…’’

‘’I’ve heard Chaeyoung accidentally let out her element’’ Wendy hummed, looking at Jisoo with a tint of seriousness ‘’It’s kind of weird don’t you think? Since Chaeyoung is normally a level-headed person…’’

Jisoo bit her lip and once again took a quick glance to Joy and Chaeyoung

‘’Yeah…really weird’’


‘’Joy.’’

 

Joy stopped munching some chicken and tilted her head in confusion to Chaeyoung since she said it so seriously ‘’Hm?’’

 

‘’How did you know?’’

 

‘’Know what?’’

 

‘’That I have the lightning element.’’

 

Chaeyoung said it calmly; after the release of her rampaging lightning element yesterday with Irene, it really helped her manage herself once again hence the cold and emotionless Chaeyoung is back full force without the raging eyes and voice.

Joy shrugged ‘’Call me a stalker or what, but I kind of saw you train yourself once in the forest. Not to mention the way you ran so fast back in our P.E class, and the way you easily dodge Sandara’s quick strikes when you were partnered up with Jennie. I just connected the dots plus the amazed rumors of you defeating the other team in the tryouts with your strength and speed.’’

‘’So…you didn’t partner up with Ms. Bom or anything?’’

Joy looked surprised ‘’Ms. Bom? No, I didn’t talk to her before that. I just thought she chose me because I like you’’ She stole quick kiss on Chaeyoung’s cheek and smirked when she saw the surprised blush on her face as Chaeyoung wiped it off.

‘’So, it was all pure coincidence’’ Chaeyoung thought in relief. Because if Joy did know Bom before all of that, then Joy must know more about her…

Thankfully that seems to be not the case

‘’It must feel great you know?’’ Joy said with a sudden melancholy that made Chaeyoung stare at her surprisingly serene face ‘’That you won’t finally have to hide it anymore…even though I don’t know why you’re hiding it since you seem pretty strong.’’

‘’…yeah’’ Chaeyoung whispered and for some reason, she didn’t seem to mind Joy’s warmth surrounding her as Joy continued to cling unto her ‘’it feels great, relieving even.’’

Joy chuckled and seemed to return Chaeyoung’s gaze as if she sensed that Chaeyoung’s been looking at her for quite some time ‘’It should be and you must…’’

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes as her surroundings suddenly turned quiet and what made her panic a bit that she can’t seem to hear what Joy is saying.

‘’w-what is she saying?!’’

‘’Chae!’’

She was yanked away from Joy with a forceful Lisa. All she could hear is some disoriented high-pitched sound that made her hold her head and suddenly gather energy within her to regain control of her senses.

‘’-interrupt us!’’

‘’Me and Chaeyoung have something to talk about’’ Lisa fumed at the quite annoyed Joy ‘’Go talk to Irene or just anyone!’’

Joy rolled her eyes and left them on their own because Lisa is looking like she’s totally going to cause a scene, but not before giving Chaeyoung a playful pat on her head and sending her a dazzling smile

‘’Ugh,’’ Lisa gritted her teeth and grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand ‘’We should get out and talk; I swear so many people are eyeing us right now that we won’t be able to talk freely.’’

‘’Yeah,’’ Chaeyoung let out a small frown when Joy went away, she was hoping to ask her something about Irene but seeing them together now made her think that she shouldn’t dwell on it even further because she got a feeling she’ll just get confused.

‘’Go with the flow Chaeyoung and focus on the present’’ Chaeyoung let herself get dragged outside by Lisa and took a quick look-over to the school seeing Jisoo finally climbing up the platform for the potion-making contest and quickly locking eyes with her, and Jennie finally drinking and recovering from her motion sickness with Yeri and Irene helping her while Joy was snickering at the cat-eyed girl. Seulgi was also with them and seems to be enjoying the party.

Chaeyoung shook her head and welcomed the cold wind of the night, the thought of shadow monsters darkening her eyes

‘’I’ll know who created those monsters and when we do…revenge will be served’’


Soon, they were in the backside of the school where the well is, a very well-known place for Chaeyoung and Jisoo.

‘’Christ it’s been a while since we talk like this’’ Lisa sighed ‘’A hurricane of events keep on happening…specifically to you and Jisoo-unnie’’

Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’It’s not like we wanted to; anyways, let’s get straight to the point’’ Her eyes turned serious ‘’night time…it’s definitely dangerous for us but also one of the best opportunities to hunt shadow monsters and possibly trace its origin and how are they being formed.’’

Lisa pursued her lips ‘’Seems like hard work huh’’

They looked at each other but were grinning despite the challenges, thinking their parents as their fuel to keep on fighting.

‘’How about we work on some techniques together or a formation?’’ Lisa suggested as she was a Thief’s team player so she knows how important teamwork is.

Chaeyoung nodded ‘’I suggest I take the charger position and you provide back-up attacks. With your water and grass element, it could provide great support all around. Not to mention your elements despite being supporting elements, are quite strong.’’

Lisa grinned and puff her chest in pride ‘’Training helped me with that’’ She said with enthusiasm and slight cockiness ‘’So, do you have any more ace that I should know about?’’

Chaeyoung hesitated for a moment ‘’I…’’

Lisa’s eyes softened ‘’Look, I know you don’t fully trust me yet but I fully understand.’’ She walked closer to Chaeyoung and poked her cheek while smiling at her lightly to ease up the hesitation and awkwardness that entered their conversation

‘’You can talk to me anytime but,’’ Lisa’s eyes twinkled in mischievousness ‘’I have some ace up on my sleeve as well…’’

Chaeyoung’s ears perked up, not just because Lisa is apparently hiding something huge by her large smile but also…a rustle

 

From the far right of the forest and it’s moving…

 

Fast

 

She quickly held Lisa’s wrist and stayed still. Lisa noticed that Chaeyoung probably sensed something and expanded her senses as well, trying to locate a flow of elzard energy…

 

‘’Chae…I think it’s a shado-‘’

 

“RAAAAAHHHHHHHH!’’

 

Chaeyoung quickly carried Lisa in bridal style (by instincts) and jumped away, her lightning element leaving sparks as a rather small shadow monster looking like a reptile as it walked in fours while crawling and screeching in anger at seeing someone dodge its speedy attack.

‘’It’s a fast one’’ Chaeyoung observed

‘’Leaf Blades!’’

Lisa extended her hand and immediately, blades of grasses surrounded the two and launched themselves towards the shadow monster who dodged most of them but Lisa managed to damage it with a few surprising angles.

The shadow monster growled and with a surprise attack, elongated its arms which wrapped around Chaeyoung’s legs as it was too quick for Chaeyoung to notice.

The two girls yelped and Chaeyoung threw Lisa on the side quite high for the girl to be able to land properly as her mind took on the adrenaline pumping through her veins.

‘’Wrong move of touching me’’ Chaeyoung smirked when she was face-to-face with the shadow monster

‘’Sparkling Burst!’’

A lesser version of her releasing lightning all over her happened the moment those words left Chaeyoung’s lips. The shadow monster continued screeching but still wouldn’t let go of Chaeyoung as its grip was quite tight.

Chaeyoung growled in irritation when the shadow monster started stomping angrily from the pain because Chaeyoung wouldn’t let up the attack but she was also getting hurt as the shadow monster started flinging its elongated arms to the ground bringing Chaeyoung with them.

Chaeyoung smacked hard against the ground and could only let out grunts after grunts while reptilian monster continued on rampaging.

‘’Aqua Stream!’’

After concentrating enough aqua energy, Lisa launched the stream of powerful water to the monster and pushing it against the well. With her right hand glowing green while her left hand kept on releasing those streams of water to the monster, a vine quickly sprouted underneath and slashed the arms that are wrapped around Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung immediately rolled and jumped away from the monster, scrutinizing it with a curious gaze when the moment Lisa’s continuous attack made the shadow monster enter the well…

 

A loud scrutinizing painful howl of pain escaped from the monster and then…

 

Quietness

 

‘’That was…’’ Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes ‘’Too easy…but why?’’

Lisa walked closer to the well to see what happened to the shadow monster and could only whisper

‘’Chae…come and look at this.’’

Chaeyoung cautiously walked towards the well and looked down on it…

 

Only to see black ashes where the shadow monster probably fell off as the wind picked up and made the ashes disappear from their position as if nothing happened

 

‘’What…just happened?’’ Lisa asked in confusion ‘’Does this well have some special powers or something?’’

Chaeyoung looks to be deep in thought ‘’It can be…every time I come here; I could always feel something flowing in it. It’s elzard energy that’s for sure but I can’t determine what kind, though I can honestly say it has light elzard energy within it but it’s so tangled up that it’s messing with my senses.’’ She looked at Lisa

‘’What do you think?’’

Lisa closed her eyes and touched the well, instantly she could easily say that Chaeyoung’s analyzation is spot-on; she couldn’t determine what this well is made of or what mysterious powers it has however, it is definitely elzard energy.

‘’Do you think we should look into this?’’  

Chaeyoung looked at Lisa ‘’We should but…it’s kind of tricky since we don’t know who we should ask. We can’t definitely talk about it with Mr. Kim…’’ She said referring to Jisung

‘’We can.’’ Lisa said with a firm voice and sly smile ‘’If we’re just being curious little girls right’’ She winked

‘’Oh no, we’re not doing this again. The one with Sandara almost blew up on us if it wasn’t from my reasoning’’ Chaeyoung scrunched up her nose upon remembering that moment

They almost didn’t have any kind of information if it wasn’t for Chaeyoung’s analytic reasoning and admittedly, Lisa’s lying skill

‘’Yah! I lied to my coach back then so it’s enough compensation’’ Lisa said childishly that made Chaeyoung roll her eyes but her form is quite relaxed

‘’Anyways, we can do that. It’s not a bad of a plan at all’’ Chaeyoung commented and looked back at the well

‘’What are you?’’

Seeing a shadow monster instantly and easily getting killed by just entering the well smells something mysterious and maybe hope for this could be the key of defeating the enemy…

 

‘’AAAHHHH!!!!’’

 

‘’Let’s get out of here!’’

 

‘’Help!’’

 

‘’Someone is hurt someone help ack!’’

 

A loud scream and student panicking are heard from what could Chaelisa assume…

 

‘’The party’’ Chaeyoung muttered and instantly her mind flashed to Jisoo causing her to quickly sprint back to the academy where the Halloween party was being held.

Lisa quickly followed her and the hero within her also activated hearing the pained screams of students ‘’What is happening?’’ She bit her lip in worry ‘’Is it more shadow monsters?’’

‘’Possibly’’ Chaeyoung quickly answered, heart beating fast in nervousness and Chaeyoung can now see hoards of students getting out of the party, some higher-ups ordering the others to get help from the professors which was sadly on the other side of the school on their own separate Halloween party so it might take some time for them to come as rescue.

‘’Jisoo!’’ Chaeyoung yelled, trying to find a certain girl with the running students that are bumping her as well. She gritted her teeth in irritation and easily swayed her way around the panicking crowd

Lisa looked around and couldn’t see any bloodthirsty monsters ‘’So what made the others get out the academy in panic?’’

‘’Shadow Blast!’’

Lisa could only cross her arms and a dark blast hit her straight making her skid back as the crowd of students thinned out while going out of the academy. Lisa can feel her head ache at that attack and her eyes blurrily scanned the surroundings seeing some few unconscious students and some struggling to get back up.

‘’Get out now!’’

Chaeyoung looked to her left and saw Jennie maintaining an earth wall to weakened students as dark blasts after dark blasts started destroying Jennie’s earth wall. Seulgi and Yeri helping the others get out of the academy while Joy struggled to get up with charred burns around her body as Wendy healed her, eyes looking around in panic

‘’Where’s Irene?!’’ Wendy shouted and Joy grunted as she whispered

‘’I-I think she was swallowed up by the stampede of students…’’

Wendy let out a ‘tsk’ sound and another loud boom was heard as Jennie’s earth wall was finally shattered and a dark blast heading quickly to her way.

Chaeyoung immediately took action and used her lightning element to speed up and grab Jennie by the waist, quickly jumping away at the blast while Wendy quickly carried Joy out of the way.

Chaeyoung turned towards the source and could feel chills running down her spine upon seeing a dark clothed figure standing in the middle of the party and black holes surround her, probably where the dark blast is coming from.

The figure extended her hand to Chaeyoung and immediately, the dark hole released a wave of dark energy which made Chaeyoung extend her other arm and retaliate with lightning creating an explosion. Chaeyoung used the smokes to quickly hide in a corner and look around, looking for the eldest. However, the smoke was too large for her to see anything making her look at the girl on her arms.

‘’Are you okay?’’

Jennie nodded slowly and whispered ‘’Thank you Rosie…’’

‘’No problem’’ Chaeyoung gave her a small smile before turning serious ‘’What happened here?’’

‘’We…it happened too fast Rosie’’ Jennie answered ‘’One minute we were just watching Jisoo winning the contest and then suddenly, a loud explosion happened that made more than half of the occupants of the party unconscious. The others tried to fight back but that black figure was too strong causing everyone except a select few of us to run away.’’

‘’So Jisoo-unnie won the contest…’’ Chaeyoung said with a bit of happiness before her voice turned firm ‘’But…where is she?’’

‘’I…I don’t know, last I checked she was healing the most injured from the blast but it’s night time so I’m not sure if it tired her out healing others. The figure was also attacking in all angles making me focus on protecting the others instead of attacking her’’ Jennie clenched her fist ‘’The figure…the person behind that cloak might be almost the level of a graduated elzard.’’

‘’Dark and lightning huh’’ Chaeyoung whispered making Jennie nod in confirmation

‘’Lisa!’’

Chaeyoung’s ears perk up after finally hearing Jisoo’s alerted voice. The two hiding girls quickly look at what was happening and saw Lisa being lifted up by the figure hands glowing black and strangling the younger girl.

 

‘’Make the floor lava now Jen!’’

 

‘’But you’ll get hurt!’’

 

‘’Just do it!’’

 

Chaeyoung quickly went out of hiding at the same time Jisoo started launching an attack

 

‘’Shining Orb!’’

 

A medium size ball of light energy shined throughout the room making the cloaked figure flinch from the harassing energy and loosening the grip on Lisa’s form and soon felt something burning on her feet making her jump up.

‘’Take this you er!’’

Chaeyoung growled and tightened her fist which was twinkling a bit, looking quite hard as she punched the figure on the back who let out a shout of pain at that. Chaeyoung quickly caught the falling Lisa who opened up her palms

‘’Aqua Shield!’’

Lisa, despite getting a bit weaker, knew what was happening and quickly covered herself and Chaeyoung in a big water sphere for Chaeyoung to land without getting hurt. Jennie quickly appeared besides them and Jisoo ran up to them, her feet glowing white to maneuver her way to the lava floor.

Jennie stopped the lava floor to not fatigue herself and quickly looked at her other friends in alert only to sigh in relief seeing Seulgi floating, Yeri and Joy not being a bit bothered while Wendy was grabbing a pole above the moment Jennie started the attack.

‘’We’ll take care of the other students here’’ Wendy yelled at them, worry still etched on her face because of not seeing her girlfriend around the room. The four girls nodded and knew it was up to them to distract the figure for Wendy and the others to get the still unconscious students of the way.

 ‘’I’m honored to fight the daughters of the council head’’ An alluring but mocking voice echoed the quiet party

‘’A…woman?’’ They all thought, tensing a bit since the dark aura surrounding her seemingly started getting bigger

‘’Where are the professors for ’s sake’’ Jennie glared at the figure for ruining their Halloween party

Jisoo felt a nudge on her shoulder and saw her white elemental beast so she whispered ‘’Wait for a moment…we’ll strike at the right time.’’

For now, she needs to gather her energy…

Chaeyoung’s eyes hardened ‘’You…’’ She spoke out loudly making the figure tilt her head in question ‘’You have the dark element…and a shadow monster just appeared earlier at the back of the school.’’ Chaeyoung said in anger, eyes analyzing the figure

‘’Was it you?’’

The woman laughed in surprise but still in a mocking tone ‘’How very observant of you…Park Chaeyoung’’

‘’Who is she?”’ Jisoo narrowed her eyes, it was only a few days since she and Chaeyoung became famous…did the news really got out there that fast?

‘’Is this Seungri’s doing?’’

It’s highly possible that Seungri has a hand behind this…but the evidence is not that obvious since the woman seems to be shrouded in mystery and darkness.

They can’t win using the wits of their mind seeing the girl is a dark elzard, a strong one at that.

 

So, they have to use brute force.

 

‘’So, it is you!’’ Lisa growled in anger ‘’You ! I’m going to kill you for everything you’ve done to us!’’

‘’Aqua Blast!’’

The woman hummed seeing Lisa summon a huge water surrounding her and definitely planning on attacking in full force.

‘’Earth Trap!’’

The amazing teamwork that Jenlisa has, finally started appearing from years of training and fighting against their parents. The woman felt the earth she’s stepping on quickly trap her lower body leaving her upper body vulnerable

‘’Lightning Spark!’’

Chaeyoung stretched her fingers out and out came from them are sparks of lightning to easily fuse with Lisa’s attack, her eyes cold and unwavering making the woman giggle at the same time the electrified wave was bought down on her.

CRASH

A moment of silence occurred before the woman’s alluring voice spoke out

‘’How cute’’

The four girls watched in shock seeing the woman slowly get out of the shadow made from Jennie’s earth element.

‘’You...blended with the shadows that Jennie created from her element.’’ Chaeyoung whispered in shock ‘’That’s…a high-level manipulation of the dark element’’

The woman sighed in disappointment ‘’Is that all you’ve got? I’m absolutely feeling bored right now; fighting the daughters of the council head and this is what I get?’’ She laughed before sneering at them

‘’Pathetic!’’

‘’Lightning Stomp!’’

The woman stomped and burst of lightning came out from every available lightning source around the room

‘’Earth Shield!’’

The earth slowly rose up and started covering the daughters of the council head except for one

‘’Don’t let me be covered! I’ll take care of this one’’ Chaeyoung yelled and quickly got out from Jennie’s defensive move. She looked at the crazed lightning dancing around in the room and took a deep breath

‘’Channel Rod!’’

The woman raised her eyebrows in interest seeing Chaeyoung glowing and running around, the lightning that the woman created greedily followed Chaeyoung who was letting out a few grunts as she absorbed the lightning.

‘’Interesting…’’ The woman whispered and could feel herself smirk;

Someone who could absorb her lightning without even letting out a scream of pain despite being a lightning elzard is okay on her book.

By the time Chaeyoung collected all the lightning, she was literally glowing brightly and sparks zapping around her.

‘’You have strong lightning I admit’’ Chaeyoung smirked and one step, she disappeared.

The woman felt a whisper on her left ear

‘’But I’m stronger’’

A roundhouse kick on the side made the woman once again let out a shout of pain and was sent blasting through the wall.

‘’Get a taste of your own medicine’’ Chaeyoung said coldly, remembering Joy’s charred skin probably from the cloaked woman and blasted the lightning energy she collected earlier to the blasted wall with no mercy.

BOOM!

‘’You can come out now.’’

Jennie heard Chaeyoung say and released the defensive earth move, Lisa sighing in relief that she won’t get hurt from lightning and Jisoo quickly running up to Chaeyoung

‘’Are you okay?’’ Jisoo said immediately and Chaeyoung nodded. When Chaeyoung did that, Jisoo flicked her forehead

‘’Pabo!’’ She glared

‘’What did I do?!’’ Chaeyoung whined and rubbed her flicked forehead

‘’What you did was absolutely reckless! What if the lightning you absorbed became too much and you exploded!? You could have gotten yourself seriously hurt you idiot!’’ Jisoo crossed her arms

‘’Sorry…’’

‘’Seriously Rosie,’’ Jennie frowned, hearing what her sister said ‘’If I have known that’s what you’re going to do, I would have come out with you.’’

‘’She’s unconscious right?’’ Lisa asked seeing the debris that Chaeyoung created by kicking the hell out of the woman

‘’Who’s unconscious?’’

The four girls turned to the blasted wall in shock seeing the girl all well but quite a bit beaten up, but they could hear the amazement and happiness on her voice.

Chaeyoung smirked, albeit a bit nervously but didn’t show it ‘’Impressive seeing you still standing.’’

‘’You’re also slightly impressive Park Chaeyoung, I'm really starting to enjoy this’’ They could finally see the woman’s eyes as it glinted in acceptance and excitement ‘’Now…show me more!’’

‘’Shadow Blast!’’

The four girls jumped upwards to avoid the dark blast creating an explosion. Jisoo stretched her arm forward and chanted a spell of her own

‘’Luminescence Blast!’’

Jennie and Lisa accompanied with their own techniques as well to make sure Jisoo’s attack won’t miss

‘’Vine Trap!’’

‘’Earth Trap!’’

Vines held on to the woman’s arms and legs to make sure she won’t do any spell while Jennie, learning her lesson from the last time, made a smaller but powerful earth to make sure the woman won’t blend in with a smaller earth’s shadow.

‘’And if you won’t stay down,’’ Jennie stepped forward with a smirk of her own, squeezing the woman with her earth element making her grunt, finally seeing that they have a shot to beat this woman

‘’We’ll make you’’ Chaeyoung finished with hardened eyes, appearing right behind the woman who gasped in shock at her speed

‘’Paralyzation!’’

One finger touched the woman’s back and immediately flinched at the numbing feeling throughout her body as Chaeyoung jumped back the moment Jisoo’s attack made contact.

‘’That better made her stay unconscious’’ Lisa whispered and the four of them stayed together once more as smokes started to disappear after the contact.

‘’Now you’ve done it’’

A dark growl echoed around the room and the lights immediately started switching on and off making them tense

The battle is not yet over it seems

‘’If she was really the one who created those shadow monsters…maybe it would take more than that to beat her’’ Chaeyoung analyzed and soon…

 

They were all enveloped by darkness

 

‘’Now let’s see how you would fare in my domain’’

 

As soon as the cloaked woman said that, they all let out a shout of pain as something like a whip lashed at them and blasting the four of them in different directions.

The woman laughed, clearly enjoying this advantage and gazed at the strongest elzard in the freshman department.

Jennie hissed, even with her earth armor protecting her, the whip somehow landed a direct hit on her stomach. But with the obscurement of vision, she could only rely on the vibrations of the earth.

‘’The proclaimed strongest elzard in the freshman department…or maybe even the whole academy’’ Jennie tensed and jumped up when she felt something creeping on her feet. Sweats running down her forehead at this new environment she’s fighting in

‘’What do you want with me?’’ Jennie gritted her teeth and could hear Lisa, Chaeyoung, and even Jisoo dodging and calling out attacks to not get hurt even further.

‘’Aqua Shield!’’

‘’Lightning Stream!’’

‘’Glowing Spike!’’

Jennie could see the sparks of light and could probably tell that it’s her sister but from the way she’s yelling, it’s taking a lot out of her seeing that they’re in a darkened place. Chaeyoung’s lightning also helped for seeing a bit but it’s brief and quite uncontrollable.

The light from their attacks is enough for Jennie to see that the opponent just right in front of her!

‘’Lava Orb!’’

The woman chuckled and just disappeared from the darkness ‘’Oh don’t worry, I’m just testing your strength that’s all…you’re only a secondary target but I have my own primary target’’ She then swayed her left hand to the left, hitting Jennie and making her fall to the ground with a loud thud.

‘’Jennie!’’

Jennie didn’t know how but Chaeyoung somehow managed to find her and pull her up, panting a bit in tiredness

‘’You okay?’’ Chaeyoung whispered

‘’Yeah…I’m fine Rosie’’ Jennie answered ‘’Test our strength…but for what? And who’s her primary target?’’ Jennie gritted her teeth in frustration but knew they have to finish this quick. She stretched her hand upwards and started gather fire energy.

‘’Now Lisa!’’ She shouted, her hands creating a large fireball and blasting it up, creating a light for all of them to see.

Lisa, who was actually waiting for Jennie to do that, smirked ‘’Let’s see how you like this!’’

‘’Jet Stream!’’

The woman shouted in pain as Lisa hits with continues pressured water to her pressure points making her feel pain more than ever.

‘’, I didn’t expect that’’ The woman thought in anger at the sudden change of tide seeing Jenlisa’s smirk at her.

She now realized that from the help of Chaesoo’s attacks, Jennie was able to pinpoint her location and apparently Lisa was also observing them, waiting for the right moment to attack.

And it worked wonderfully

Their teamwork is no joke despite their falling bridges

‘’You’ll pay for that !’’ The woman screeched and multiple shadow whips started heading towards Lisa but Chaeyoung intercepted it with a glowing dark violet hand, cutting those whips before they could reach Lisa.

‘’Not on my watch’’ Chaeyoung glared at the woman and somehow knew up above, Chittip is smiling down on her proudly which made her become more motivated than ever.

Now…only one girl hasn’t attacked and she’ll be making her move right now.

‘’Dalgom…’’ Jisoo looked at the small white dog who was staring at her impatiently making her smile a bit

He must have been waiting to help for quite some time now

‘’Let’s do this.’’

Dalgom barked and began glowing white that it started giving out light energy and transferring it to Jisoo.

The entire room suddenly become enveloped by light as Jisoo started giving out a white aura courtesy of Dalgom strengthening her.

The woman’s eyes widened in slight fear seeing the light energy Jisoo is giving off and the other three girls can just stare in awe at the display of power

‘’S-she’s really a light elzard…’’ Jennie bit her lip and is now slowly accepting that maybe…

 

Maybe her sister is stronger than she thought…

 

‘’Amazing…’’ Chaelisa thought as they looked at Jisoo who has her palm facing the woman that was now running around the room for her to dodge just in case.

‘’Come on Chaeyoungie…you know what to do’’ Jisoo bit her lip and looked at Chaeyoung who got the message quickly.

Chaeyoung’s feet started sparking and followed the sprinting woman in an attempt to paralyze her so that Jisoo’s attack will critically hit their opponent but then suddenly…

When she was now in close proximity, the woman did a strange seal on her hand and now Chaeyoung couldn’t move.

‘’W-wha-?!’’ Chaeyoung then started screaming out in pain, clutching her chest when the woman clenched her fist, smirking at Chaeyoung.

‘’Chaeyoung!’’

The three girls yelled at her and was about to retaliate but the woman’s hand gripped Chaeyoung’s head tightly

‘’One move closer and she’ll be in the world of pain’’ She said sadistically

Jennie glared furiously at the woman that her hand started crackling fire and the ground becoming lava around her

‘’I mean it’’

Chaeyoung let out a groan of pain when the woman fisted her hair, her hand glowing black making her feel woozy.

‘’W-what did you d-do to me’’ Chaeyoung croaked out that only the woman could hear it ‘’Why can’t…I move’’

The feeling of not being able to move scared Chaeyoung immensely that she started shaking a bit; the helplessness in this situation bought out unpleasant memories from her mind and triggering her adrenaline

But despite of the adrenaline, she still couldn’t move and could only feel her heart spasming out of control making her grunt in pain.

‘’Painful isn’t it?’’ Chaeyoung could hear the grin on her voice and the pat on her head making her let out a growl because she was being treated like a pet.

‘’Now…’’ The woman thought, her other hand glowing increasingly black with seals on it ‘’To finally finish this’’

‘’Air Lash!’’

The woman couldn’t move quick enough and was blasted away as if the air punched her on the face. Chaeyoung closed her eyes and gritted her teeth in agitation as Jenlisa looked at Jisoo with shock written all over their face

 

‘’Air!? She has the air element?!’’

 

And indeed, she has,

 

As Jisoo is now floating as her other hand threw a potion to Chaeyoung

 

‘’Chaeyoung here!’’

 

The woman saw that it was a Dispelled Potion and immediately launched towards it but a huge earth slammed into her making her yell out in pain

‘’Not on my watch!’’ Jennie growled and started charging with lava now surrounding her

‘’Lava Plume!’’

Earth covered with lava was launched towards the cloaked woman who easily swerved away using her lightning element. She was about to zap towards the potion again but fell in a thud and finally noticed a vine wrapped around her ankle making her let out a ‘tsk’ in annoyance.

Lisa smirked and gave enough time for the potion to hit Chaeyoung who plumped down to one knee, still shaking a bit in fear before taking a deep breath and whispered strongly

‘’Lightning Trap!’’

Lightning caged the woman as Jennie also helped by surrounding her with lava to make sure she doesn’t escape this time. Jisoo gave a cold stare to the woman who was now panicking a bit, transferring her white aura to her hand as she whispered

‘’…Good bye’’

‘’Beam of Light!’’

A huge beam of light came out of Jisoo’s hand and created an explosion as it made contact to their target but one last attack was all they heard before the smoke cleared out

‘’Dark Smog!’’

The black smoke created by Jisoo’s attack started swirling and attacked in any direction. Chaeyoung quickly saw that it can be quite harmful and used her lightning element to grab Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo and protected them from the dark smokes by hugging them tightly and tanking the attack.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and looked behind her to see nothing was left…

 

The woman was gone.

 

‘’It’s over…’’ Chaeyoung breathed out and the three girls also looked at the last position where the woman was but they could see nothing but a huge dent from Jisoo’s last attack. Jisoo wobbled a bit and Chaeyoung quickly grabbed her

Dalgom appeared and Jisoo’s face who smiled at the affection

‘’You did great Dalgom, thank you.’’

Dalgom barked happily before disappearing towards the elemental beast dimension

‘’Why did he disappear like that?’’ Lisa asked in confusion

Jisoo chuckled ‘’It’s because he’s going to their dimension to rest. I can call upon him anytime I want so it’s no problem. We’re bonded after all.’’

‘’Congrats….’’ Jennie looked away with a prideful look on her face ‘’…on winning the competition. You deserved it.’’

Jisoo felt her heart swell on the compliment from her younger sister and said with a radiant smile ‘’thank you…’’

Chaeyoung however wasn’t feeling any happiness at all…in fact, she still felt scared that Jisoo even felt Chaeyoung shaking a bit

‘’Chaeyoungie?’’

Chaeyoung snapped out of her stupor ‘’Yes unnie?’’

‘’Is there something wrong?’’

‘’I…’’

‘’What happened here?!’’

The four girls saw multiple professors bursting through the door and looked around to see the damage of the party. Bom and Sandara quickly noticed the four girls and ran towards them.

‘’What happened to you guys?!’’ Sandara exclaimed, seeing Lisa’s injuries as well as the other three girls.

Bom looked at the worn out Jisoo and the quiet Chaeyoung ‘’What happened?’’ She asked in a serious tone that made Chaeyoung answer immediately

‘’Someone attacked…a woman in a black cloak.’’ Chaeyoung whispered ‘’She’s a…lightning and dark elzard from what we could tell.’’

‘’And strong…’’ Jennie looked down and clenched her fist ‘’She almost got…Chaeyoung’’

The two professors looked at Chaeyoung who refused to let fear take over her now and gave them a defiant glare

‘’I’m fine.’’ Chaeyoung said coldly, her cold mask back on.

‘’Irene!’’

Wendy’s relieved voice reached their ears and they all looked at the direction of Wendy hugging Irene tightly while Joy, Seulgi, and Yeri are behind her also expressing their relief seeing Irene all and well.

‘’Jesus, what happened to you?’’ Wendy cupped Irene’s cheek who just smiled at her concern

‘’Yeah, you look like you went through a rough time in the stampede’’ Joy scrunched her nose

Irene chuckled and said ‘’I’m fine; the stampede mostly did this to me but I was the one who went to the professors and bought them here. Thought we encountered some kind of monsters, but after that, we went straight here and here we are.’’

Wendy sighed in relief ‘’I’m glad you’re okay’’ She whispered and started healing her girlfriend seeing she’s in quite a rough shape.

‘’Thank you Wan-ah…’’

Sandara looked a bit guilty ‘’Irene was quite hurt from the monsters that blocked our path but thankfully, she wasn’t seriously injured’’

Bom nodded slowly ‘’Yeah…I think I’ll report this to the council tomorrow and we’ll probably have a long meeting about this.’’

She looked around the destroyed party and to the four girls who seemed to have fought the said woman who destroyed the party

‘’The four of you better go home and get some rest’’ Bom said in a gentler tone that visibly made them relax

‘’We will.’’ Jisoo nodded and glanced at Chaeyoung who mindlessly grabbed Jennie and Lisa’s hand and positioned Jisoo in a piggyback ride.

‘’We’ll go on ahead’’ Chaeyoung nodded to Bom and Sandara as well as locked eyes with Wendy and her friends.

Wendy showed concern to her before nodding as a sign to take care on their way home while Joy just looked at Chaeyoung with a frown.

Chaeyoung gave them a small smile in return before zapping out of the academy, careful on her speed to make sure Jennie won’t get motion sickness this time.

It has been a long and hard battle…but they all got a feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg.


I sincerely apologize for taking so long to update even if I had 2 weeks of vacation :( I've been busy with family stuff and time quickly passed by and here I am taking on another term for my academics. This author's note won't be long since my laptop is going to be out of battery soon so...

Surprise! Congrats on anyone who got Jisoo's another main element right! I'm not sure if you all expected that or what but that's make this chapter so exciting but also mysterious since we have now discovered an enemy, a woman at that. I hope you all continue reading for some more revealations and more exciting journey as the last sentence of the chapter said...

This is just the tip of the iceberg ;)