Why?

The Elzard

‘’You have no chance mortals’’

 

A man laughed, creating chaos wherever he goes; night time is something that the first generation of elemental users tend to avoid…

 

Since it’s where the Dark Shadow’s vessel finds some place to create havoc and kill as killing strengthens his power even more; devouring the elemental users’ energy thus gaining more energy to the Dark Shadow and immediately killing the devoured user.

 

‘’Soon…’’ He said crazily

 

‘’The whole world will be mine to devour!’’

 

‘’P-please leave us alone!’’ A shivering man crawled out of the man’s way making him cackle and use one of his raging tentacles behind him to latch on to the man.

 

‘’Pathetic!’’ He laughed ‘’I’m the strongest elemental user in the world with the Dark Shadow’s power! You puny mortals can never escape from me!’’ He his lips and ate the screaming man by biting him thru the neck, his sharpened fangs instantly finding the crying man’s vein, immediately killing him.

 

Then...

 

The Dark Shadow’s vessel suddenly screeched feeling something burning him

 

‘’H-how?! It’s night! This is my time for destruction!’’

 

‘’You won’t cause any more chaos’’

 

The dark man screeched once again…

 

This time, from being separated from the Dark Shadow...

 

‘’Sunder Striation!’’

 

‘’Y-you did it master!’’

 

‘’What shall we call them?’’

 

They all looked upon the woman looking at the other side where the land suddenly became ill and the air suffocated with darkness

 

‘’Call it the Shadow Realm,’’ The woman said softly and looked at the survivors with a wistful smile

 

‘’And our land shall be known as the Magic Realm’’


‘’Good morning everyone’’ Jisung nodded at the class ‘’So today we’re going to discuss the wars that happened in the elzard world.’’

‘’Did anyone read some books regarding the wars?’’ He asked and only a few raised their hands, including his eldest.

‘’Ms. Irene right?’’

Irene stood up and nodded at him

‘’Can you tell us how many wars the elzard world experienced?’’

‘’There are two wars that are recorded to the books sir.’’

Jisung smiled and nodded, prompting her to sit down. ‘’That’s right; There are two wars that happened in our world, and this is no simple war.’’

His face darkened ‘’The first war took months before it ended, it even took the world a whole year just to stop one being that is the enemy of all elzards…’’ He turned to his adopted daughter

‘’Chaeyoung, do you know who is the enemy of all elzards?’’

‘’The Dark Shadow.’’

Jisung sighed inwardly hearing the displeased tone in Chaeyoung’s voice, not liking that Jisung called her. ‘’Very good Chaeyoung.’’ He commented for the quick answer before continuing

‘’The Dark Shadow is a dark entity that has no physical form; it is mostly a gas and slob kind of monster, but don’t underestimate it. Despite having no physical form, its powers are way out of your league as of now. Even the council had a hard time fighting the Dark Shadow from the latest war. Obviously its element is Dark and has this unique ability to conjure armies to fight for it.’’

Lisa’s ears perked up ''Conjure armies? like monsters?'' She suddenly raised her hand ‘’Has there been a person who became the Dark Shadow’s vessel? If it’s already powerful enough with no physical form…what more will it gain if it has a vessel?’’

Jennie hid a snicker seeing Lisa actually participate but is surprised to see her actually looking serious ‘’That’s weird…since when is Lisa interested to topics like this?’’ They mostly don’t talk about history and focused on the present, that’s more on Lisa’s part as she tends to ignore the past.

 

But right now…

 

There’s something really strange on Lisa’s demeanor right now, as if she realizes something and is seeking for that answer

 

‘’That’s a good question Lisa’’ Jisung remarked ‘’Actually…there is one vessel that the Dark Shadow has successfully got.’’ Jisung the projector and made the lights go off so only a white screen in front of the class is lighting up the whole room. The whole room’s curiosity risen when a handsome young man with his hands glowing black is showed to them

 

‘’His name is Lee Jong-hoon…’’ Jisung’s voice loud and clear for the whole class to hear

 

‘’The first vessel of the Dark Shadow.’’

 

Chaeyoung observed his emotionless face as well his black glowing hands ‘’So he’s a dark elzard…’’ She muttered

Jisung’s sharp ears heard that and continued, unknowingly comfirming Chaeyoung's sentence ‘’And he is supposed to be also known as the first elzard to have the dark element, and the first who mastered it also.’’

‘’Does this mean all dark elzards are possible vessels to the Dark Shadow?’’ Joy asked

‘’That’s actually an interesting question Ms. Joy, one that unfortunately even I don’t know’’ Jisung said honestly ‘’One thing we are sure of though is that it reacts quite strongly to the dark element’’

‘’So dark elzards are dangerous to us because any of them could be the vessel of the Dark Shadow?’’ Lisa asked once again

‘’No Lisa,’’ Jisung said with a serious tone ‘’In fact, dark elzards are a huge help to us because they can sense the dangers around the world. Their minds can see and feel what is happening around the world, and there’s also a rumor that they can see the past or future.’’

Everyone gasped at that, they didn’t know that the dark element has that kind of characteristic!

‘’What happened to this Lee Jong-hoon anyways?’’ Jennie also asked ‘’If he was the vessel, what happened to him since he was clearly not present during the second war.’’

Jisung moved on to the next picture and everyone’s breath was taken away to see a very beautiful woman looking like a goddess with the power of the light element all around her. If it was possible, it’s as if the white screen is glowing with her!

‘’She is known as IU’’ Jisung spoke out ‘’She’s the reason why the elzard world today survived the first war. There’s not much details regarding the first war since it happened during the first generation of elzard where they are called elemental users instead of elzards.’’

‘’According to some history books that I also studied when I was in your age, IU was the first one who mastered all elements…excluding the dark element. She is the first master of the light element that’s why she looked quite powerful in this image even if it’s an old picture that’s heightened because of today’s technology.’’ Jisung pointed out to her white glowing powers ‘’She was the one who created the two borders we have today; the Magic Realm and the Shadow Realm.’’

‘’She’s that powerful?!’’ The class couldn't believe that only an individual created the borders that they have today! No one dared to enter the Shadow Realm because of the scary monsters and even nature is out to get you. There's no guarantee that you'll come back in one piece if you dared to enter that realm. So hearing that a woman created that border showed how powerful she is on her generation, heck maybe even no one in this generation can match up with her!

Jisung chuckled ‘’Oh yes she is that powerful and up until now, no person has ever came close to her level. She was the one who created the council long before she died in old age. No one knew where she was buried though because according to the books, she requested to some of her closest friends to bury her privately.’’

‘’In the end, IU successfully sealed the Dark Shadow earning the peace that lasted for hundreds of years as the world evolved…until almost two decades ago’’

Jisung’s eyes darkened and continued talking, switching to the next picture for everyone to see the former members of the council.

Lisa’s heart clenched seeing how young and powerful-looking her parents looked from way before. Her eyes started to get teary seeing their serious faces 

 

‘’Mom…dad…’’

 

Jennie glanced at Lisa worriedly seeing her shaking a bit; she grabbed her shoulder and squeezed it in a show of comfort but that seems to make Lisa’s form shake even more.

Lisa’s not the only who is shaking though; Chaeyoung looked at her former parents who took care of her when she was still a baby until childhood. She may not be shaking from the eye, but her feelings are definitely running havoc that she clenched her fist so tight that it drew blood.

Then her eyes moved to two people she resembles quite a lot ‘’Why did you leave me so early?’’ Chaeyoung thought bitterly. Why did they leave her to the clutches of this world? How could they abandon her so young? She was just an infant!

 

Yet here she is, at the bottom of the food chain for others to pick on

 

A warm hand grabbed her bleeding hand that made Chaeyoung look at Jisoo’s gentle face. Jisoo squeezed Chaeyoung’s hand in show of comfort; The two Kim sisters comforting the adopted daughters of the Kim family as Jisung continued speaking

 

‘’Yang was the former head of the council, a master of the Air element and one of the key factors on why we won the second war’’ Jisung shared ‘’He was the one who made the Dark Shadow’s form become more denser using a complex Air manipulation technique. So far, no one mastered the Air element like he did.’’

‘’Lee is the master of the ice element; He was the one who kept fighting the dark armies together with Jinyoung, the master of the grass element. The two of them including Yang, were actually classmates in the academy and a few more years passed, Yang became the head while Lee and Jinyoung became the senior members of the council. Basically they are Yang’s right and left hand.’’

‘’As you all know by now, Hyuna is my lovely wife and the master of the light element. She might not be on IU’s level, but do not ever underestimate her. She’s actually the one who pinned the Dark Shadow to the ground by just using the light from the artificial sun that we made. As of now, she’s the strongest light element elzard.’’ Jisung smiled lovingly looking at the younger version of him and his wife. Then his eyes shifted to the remaining four deceased members of the council.

He then spoke solemnly ‘’Chittip and Marco Manoban…one of the strongest elzards I know. A true master of water and wood respectively. They died just a decade ago due to some monsters attacking their home…and up until now, the council doesn't know what really happened that day’’

‘’What attacked them sir?’’

‘’We still don’t know’’ Jisung said quietly and subtly glanced at Lisa who was desperately fighting back her tears ‘’All we know is some kind of unknown monster but we don’t know what specifically.’’ Jisung can’t reveal too much information for now so he moved on to the last two person in the former council

‘’Lastly, Mason and Clare Park. A master of dark and lightning element respectively…Mason is also the master of the Metal element. They are one of the key factors why we are all alive today.’’ Jisung shared ‘’Mason is the who warned us the seal of the Dark Shadow is weakening, giving us enough time to seal it again temporarily for a year, before it finally emerges. The allotted time though really helped us as the council focused on getting stronger forces and of course, mastering our elements even more. If it wasn’t for his sudden warning, we would have lost the second war and we are probably all in chaos today. That’s why I said dark elzards are really valuable in our world despite having similarities to the Dark Shadow.’’

‘’And Clare Park? You shouldn’t mess with a lightning elzard especially if it’s Clare Park’’ He chuckled ‘’I still remember the feeling the way she grabs the back of my neck harshly and paralyzed my whole body. I couldn’t move for hours and that was during our training sessions when we were younger.’’

‘’Unfortunately they also died months after the second war…and like the Manoban’s, we’re still investigating who killed them’’

 

‘’Useless…’’

 

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth, she can’t take this anymore. Seeing those council members as well as her parents is really ticking her off so she stood up, gaining attention from the others.

 

‘’May I leave?’’

 

Jisung looks surprise ‘’Why Chaeyoung?’’ ‘’Is she affected from her deceased parents?’’ This is the first time Jisung mentioned her parents and it never crossed his mind what Chaeyoung’s reaction would be.

 

‘’I have something to do’’

 

‘’But we’re almost don-‘’

 

‘’I don’t care’’ Chaeyoung glared hatefully to Jisung that it made Jisung narrow his eyes at the hate presented in her eyes ‘’I knew already what happened in the second war, so can I please go out now?’’

 

Jisung’s eyes softened, finally seeing a hint of sadness and despair in her eyes so he answered ‘’Of course…just be prepared for an upcoming quiz about the two wars, I expect you to ace it.’’

‘’Whatever’’ Chaeyoung muttered, ignoring the way Jisoo tried to grab her hand because she was filled with too much emotions right now. With that, she left the room.

‘’Continuing, the second war was well-prepared thanks to Mason Park who was also actually the former council head after Yang assigned the position to him.’’

Jisung continued talking about the second war but Lisa is actually seething in her mind ‘’How could she leave the room? What can’t she take the death of my parents properly when she’s at fault?!’’

‘’…then finally the Dark Shadow was sealed once again thanks to the all-around efforts of the council…but at the cost of Yang’s life.’’ Jisung ended the story telling then a raised hand got his attention and his face lit up in recognition and interest

‘’Ms. Wendy right?’’ Jisung asked and Wendy nodded ‘’So she’s the light user…’’ He thought

‘’What’s your question then?’’

‘’Where is the Dark Shadow now?’’

Jisung’s face darkened a bit before saying in a cheerful tone ‘’It’s been sealed and one thing I can say is that it can never be found. The seal is very strong unlike the first one so all of you shouldn’t worry anymore regarding the Dark Shadow’’

The bell rang and that means History is now over; the lights turned back on and students started stretching after the long lecture about the wars.

‘’Prepare for a quiz next meeting then we’ll move on to the next topic about different origins of the elements’’

Lisa stood up suddenly and sprinted out of the classroom surprising everyone. Jisoo glanced at Jennie who was looking quite worried at the younger girl and felt a bad feeling about why Lisa is suddenly acting like that.

Jisoo quickly packed her things and also left the classroom, with Jennie just right behind her; their minds having their own goals but quite connected if only they knew.


‘’RAAAAHH!’’

 

Chaeyoung panted after destroying another boulder to release her anger and tension all around her body ‘’Stupid council’’ She growled and punched the ground, leaving a dent.

 

‘’They’re so ing useless!’’

 

Chaeyoung could feel her hands charging with energy once again and she released it by blasting it to the tree, making it destroyed into nothingness.

 

‘’It’s been two decades and still they don’t know a thing!’’ Chaeyoung cried out and crashed to her knees, her mind remembering her parents’ faces at the presentation earlier; their soft but powerful demeanour, those eyes that's quite resembling her own ones, and most especially...their story on how they became one of the key figures of winning the second war. She should be proud and boasting how her parents are a well-known and important figures in the elzard world...but she isn't. Instead, the bubbling emotions inside her finally going out after so many years being bottled up

 

‘’Heroes my !’’ She shouted angrily and looked at the sky with tears in her eyes

 

‘’Why did you leave me!’’

 

‘’You go out and be a hero yet you couldn’t even save your own child in this spiteful world!’’

 

‘’How could you leave your only daughter to a place like this!’’

 

‘’What did I ever ing do for the both of you to leave me!’’

 

Chaeyoung panted angrily after shouting her rampant questions in her head, a lump on and Chaeyoung couldn't stop the tears that are pricking her eyes ever since she ran out of the room then she finally let out a small whimper

 

‘’Mama Chittip…Daddy Marco…’’

 

‘’I’m so sorry…for not saving you….’’

 

‘’I’m sorry for bringing bad luck to your family…’’

 

‘’I’m sorry for being such a burden…’’

 

Chaeyoung laid down at the grassy field, putting her arm to her tearing eyes but she was too late to cover her already streaming tears…

 

Tears filled with hate

 

Bitterness

 

Sadness

 

And most of all

 

Despair

 

Those bottled up feelings finally going out from their cave and Chaeyoung released them in the forest part of the academy…an open grassy field that’s not that far from the academy.

 

‘’I…’’

 

 Chaeyoung wasn’t able to finish her thoughts as her conscious mind slept from the sudden release of energy and emotions…her body not taking that and Chaeyoung soon fell asleep.


‘’How are you up there?’’ Chaeyoung whispered, her emotions finally calming down after a nap, and based from the sun setting, it’s almost night now in the elzard world.

‘’Are my parents with you?’’ She croaked out ‘’Are you talking to them? Cause if so, can you tell them that I hate them so much?’’ She chuckled bitterly

‘’It’s like I’m cursed with this bad luck of ruining families. Lisa hates me now because she thinks I’m the reason why you guys died. Jisoo has cut off her ties with her own family ever since me and Lisa were adopted at the Kim family. She always stuck with me since then and never left my side…she became my only family as of this point.’’ Chaeyoung said, her heart feeling guilty for suddenly leaving Jisoo like that. It must have hurt the older girl for the person she considered very close to her heart just close her off like that...

‘’Don’t worry Jichu, this won’t happen again’’

This will be the last time that she will throw a tantrum about her parents; they're not worth to Chaeyoung's time anymore so she got to focus on the present instead. Chaeyoung slowly stood up and suddenly felt something running in the forest, fast and it almost feels like it’s coming after Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes and looked at her surroundings seeing it destroyed ‘’I can’t let anyone see this.’’

Chaeyoung, in a burst of speed, sprinted to another side of the forest with a shorter direction towards the Academy. ‘’Whoever this person is, he/she is definitely following me’’

 

‘’Chaeyoung!’’

 

Chaeyoung almost stopped hearing a familiar voice shouting her name 

 

'’Lisa? What the hell is she doing here and calling my name?’’

 

Lisa growled and raised her hand

 

‘’Jet Stream!’’

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened and flipped upwards to avoid the attack. She stopped sprinting when she came across a smaller field.   ‘’What the heck?’’ Chaeyoung yelled and faced a panting Lisa whose eyes are burning with rage ‘’What the hell is up with you?!’’

‘’How dare…’’ Lisa growled ‘’How dare you suddenly leave class like that huh!’’

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows angrily ‘’What the ? That’s none of your business! Stop being such a snooping brat!’’ She barked

Lisa’s form is boiling with anger and shouted

‘’Aqua Strike!’’

Chaeyoung tensed seeing Lisa glowing blue, water swirling around her with the user’s eyes set on Chaeyoung herself.

‘’Lisa what th-‘’

Chaeyoung rolled to her right side as Lisa stretched her arm towards her making the water swirling around Lisa strike Chaeyoung's earlier position

‘’What the hell Lisa?!’’ Chaeyoung shouted angrily

‘’You don’t deserve to feel hurt for seeing mom and dad!’’ Lisa cried out in fury ‘’Y-you…!’’

Chaeyoung looked a bit stunned that Lisa even knows she was devastated seeing Chittip and Marco once again ‘’How the heck did she know about that when we barely even talked?’’

Chaeyoung was unable to prepare for another quick attack so she positioned her arm in front of her in an X formation to take the direct hit of Lisa’s water attack. She gritted her teeth in pain ‘’How am I going to escape from this?!’’

‘’Answer me!’’

Chaeyoung looked at Lisa’s angry but desperate eyes

‘’Why did you left mom at the hands of those monsters!’’

‘’No matter what I say won’t change a thing Lalisa!’’ Chaeyoung spat out ‘’If it weren’t for me, the both of us are dead in that day!’’

‘’Because you’re a useless elementless that didn’t help mom in fighting those monsters!’’ Lisa growled and that made Chaeyoung’s hand twitched

 

‘’Useless…’’

 

‘’How dare you…’’ Chaeyoung’s hair is covering her face, her hands shaking in rage at what Lisa said ‘’You don’t know me Lalisa’’

 

Lisa suddenly felt a shift in their atmosphere and she almost flinched at how much anger Chaeyoung used in her voice

 

Then…

 

Lisa is shocked

 

To see Chaeyoung’s eyes glimmering with tears

 

She was unable to move; The coldest person in the academy in front of her…is now shedding tears that Lisa doesn’t know whether to laugh at Chaeyoung’s pathetic display or reach out to her and let her explain everything.

 

‘’You don’t know a ing thing’’ Chaeyoung whispered ‘’Whether I tell you the truth or not, it won’t change a thing. So it’s better if you just leave me alone and let’s just go back to being strangers.’’ She said coldly, ignoring the angry tears streaming down her face.

 

Lisa’s form is vibrating so much with all the negative emotions piling up upon her, her eyes locked on to Chaeyoung…

 

Who was unprepared by the sudden water pinning her down to the grassy field. Chaeyoung was unable to get out of it by brute strength because the water is liquid! Only Lisa can touch and control it.

 

‘’ how am I going to get out of this?!’’

 

If this goes too far, Chaeyoung has no choice but to see what will happen next now that she’s even more powerless to Lisa’s clutches.

 

‘’Tell me…’’ Lisa whispered

 

Chaeyoung is shock to feel Lisa’s body sitting on her stomach; The water swirling around Lisa slowly diminishing while Lisa looked straight to her eyes.

 

‘’The truth…’’ Lisa said, a tint of desperation and hope in her eyes ‘’I won’t let you get out of this without telling me the truth then.’’

 

‘’….’’

 

Chaeyoung closed her eyes and sighed in resignation ‘’Chittip was running away from those monsters so that she could lead us to safety.’’ She started, careful not to call Chittip mom because it might anger the younger girl.

‘’You were crying too much that you didn’t know what was happening that time. I was such a crybaby too and you know that’’ Lisa let out a small smile at that but it disappeared when Chaeyoung looked at her

‘’But unlike you, I was able to see and hear what was happening around us…’’

‘’What do those monsters look like?’’ Lisa demanded

‘’It was too dark but I’m pretty sure they’re black in color and are in weirdly shaped forms’’ Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes ‘’They have sharp claws and they move with aggressiveness as if they’re thirsty to kill in frenzy’’

Lisa shivered remembering those monsters hurting her mother, she wasn't able to see their form because her eyes were blurry from her tears and could just barely see the monsters that attacked them that day. She just remembered seeing her mother hurt when they were running away as Lisa clenched her fist remembering how tight Chaeyoung's hold to her while running away ‘’Why did you leave then?’’ She whispered with hurt

 

‘’Why did you leave our mother Chaeyoung?’’

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes are tearing up once again, hearing Lisa call Chittip as their mother but she swallowed the lump on to continue.

 

She will not let Lisa see her in a vulnerable state

 

‘’Because of what she said to me…’’ Chaeyoung looked away as she whispered

 

‘’I want you and Lisa to run there and never look back’’

 

Lisa’s heart stopped functioning hearing that

 

‘’W-what?’’ She said in shock ‘’S-she really said that?’’

 

‘’If you don’t want to believe me it’s fine’’ Chaeyoung said coldly ‘’That's the truth now can you please get off of me’’ Chaeyoung only told Lisa half the truth...she didn't tell her promise to Chittip in protecting the girl that's pinning her down right now. ''Lisa doesn't need to know that.'' Chaeyoung thought to herself, it's better this way; her and Lisa being strangers than being close to each other. Chaeyoung could see how Lisa made herself stronger fueled by her desire to become the strongest elzard warrior, but also her hate to Chaeyoung herself. So Chaeyoung knew it's better this way.

 

‘’Chaeyoung…’’

 

Chaeyoung flinched when Lisa suddenly caressed her cheek

 

‘’I…’’

 

Chaeyoung’s right ear hears something swishing and her instincts are blaring alarms in her head.

 

‘’!’’

 

Lisa grunted when Chaeyoung suddenly grabbed her and pushed her down to the ground. Her eyes wide in alert seeing a black arrow almost hit Lisa’s head.

 

‘’Stay on your guard!’’ Chaeyoung hissed; The sun was setting so it was getting dark in their area. Chaeyoung is honestly super thankful for her high senses that she saved Lisa from getting fatally injured. She stood up, also pulling Lisa up making her snap out of her stupor.

 

‘’What the heck was that’’ Lisa stood up as well, her heart pounding in adrenaline and the fear that almost took over her.

 

What the heck would have happened if Chaeyoung didn’t push her down?

 

Lisa’s eyes fleeted towards Chaeyoung’s fighting form whose eyes observing her surroundings very carefully

 

‘’She saved me…’’

 

Why does it feel like Chaeyoung’s story was not finish? Nevertheless, they have to fight off whatever just attacked Lisa earlier. They can’t continue talking if someone’s attacking them.

 

‘’Grrrr….’’

 

They stiffened once again hearing a growl

 

‘’W-what is that?’’ Lisa whispered

 

‘’Fill the whole area with water now.’’ Chaeyoung suddenly said

 

‘’Why the hell should I listen to you?’’ Lisa snarked which made Chaeyoung gain a tic mark

 

‘’Use it so that when somethings splashes, we’ll know where it is!’’

 

Lisa grumbled but did what she told.

 

As soon as Lisa did that, they heard a splash in the far front of Lisa!

 

Lisa’s eyes focused and caught the arrow using her water element. She observed the arrow and saw that it’s glowing black.

 

‘’A dark element?’’  Chaeyoung whispered

 

‘’RAAAH!’’

 

Chaeyoung grabbed Lisa’s waist and quickly zapped away from their current location as a large black monster suddenly came out from the trees and charged at them ferociously.

 

‘’Its hands are arrows!’’ Lisa said in shock and shivered feeling the monster’s red eyes staring at her. Chaeyoung’s heart is beating fast seeing the monster ‘’so…familiar…’’

 

‘’I-it…’’ Chaeyoung said in shock

 

‘’It’s what?!’’ Lisa looked at her frantically

 

‘’It…almost looks like the one that attacked us a decade ago…’’

 

Lisa’s eyes burned in rage hearing that and got out of Chaeyoung’s grip ‘’I’m going to ing kill you!’’ She roared at the monster and summoned out her powers

 

‘’Vine Trap!’’

 

Chaeyoung watched with a bit of awe as Lisa trapped the screeching monster with the vines of the forest they’re in. The monster however was too ferocious and quickly got out of Lisa’s attack. It shot another arrow to Lisa but Chaeyoung quickly caught it with her hands while flipping. She sprinted in a fast pace to the monster and grabbed it to its neck in a chokehold.

 

‘’Trap it again!’’ Chaeyoung shouted ‘’Jesus this monster is so strong!’’

 

‘’Lisa hurry up I can’t hold it much longer!’’

 

Lisa snapped out from her stupor at seeing Chaeyoung in action and used her grass element once again

 

‘’Vine Trap!’’

 

Vines followed her command and wrapped themselves around the monster while Chaeyoung gracefully lift herself up to avoid the vines while still keeping her hold to the monster.

‘’How is she holding that monster like that? Is her physical form really that strong?’’ Lisa thought in suspicion. Did Chaeyoung focused on her physical form since she’s an elementless?

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes quickly caught on to the monster’s feet and her eyes widened in panic

 

‘’Lisa!’’

 

Lisa could feel the air get knocked out from her lungs when Chaeyoung suddenly hugged her

 

‘’Argh!’’

 

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth feeling the arrow pierce her shoulder through! She could feel pain spreading as she bit her lip to keep the scream of pain inside her body. The monster roared loudly and as if it was possible, it grew even larger!

Chaeyoung looked at the sky and realized it’s night ‘’…’’ Did the monster somehow gotten even stronger because it’s night?

‘’It’s definitely a dark element if it gets stronger at night…but can the dark element summon monsters like this?’’ Chaeyoung thought in distress ''As far as I know...it's only the...''

Lisa calling her name made Chaeyoung exit her thoughts ‘’C-chaeyoung’’ Lisa’s eyes widened seeing blood soak through Chaeyoung’s shirt and seeing the monster grow twice its size.

‘’This is getting too dangerous for us’’ Chaeyoung gritted her teeth in pain ‘’We have to retreat.’’

‘’We are not running away’’ Lisa sneered ‘’We are going to defeat that monster and at least have a sense of revenge for what they did to mom and dad!’’

‘’Lisa get it through your thick head!’’ Chaeyoung said angrily ‘’We’re powerless at this time of night when it’s that monster’s power hour!’’

‘’Not unless you work with me well’’

‘’What?!’’ Chaeyoung sputtered out in shock ‘’I’m an elementless Lisa!’’

‘’And I saw you practicing your fire ball with Jennie-unnie yesterday.’’

Chaeyoung is taken aback hearing the bitterness in Lisa’s voice ‘’She saw that?’’

’’At least use what you learned in high school right now.’’ Lisa said in a calming voice ‘’This is for mom and dad, do it for them.’’

Chaeyoung looked at Lisa, also wanting to have revenge to those monsters that killed their parents, and sighed ‘’Fine.’’ Her face took on a serious look as she said ‘’Its hands and feet can shoot arrows so be careful about that. Stay on your guard and use your water element to protect yourself from it.’’ She grabbed Lisa’s arm and got out of the way from another attack from the monster but she continued speaking

‘’I’ll distract it, and if possible, I can paralyze it long enough for us using the lightning technique back in high school to finish it off. Hit it at the neck and I’ll hit it at the head since they’re mostly the vulnerable parts.’’

Lisa nodded and can’t help but admire the way Chaeyoung dodge the arrows with precision while grabbing her. How is she so fast and able to sense it? Lisa has no idea but for now, she’s thankful that Chaeyoung’s alertness level is high and it’s saving them from getting injured even more. She looked at Chaeyoung’s bleeding shoulder and grabbed it.

Lisa’s touch caught Chaeyoung’s attention so she looked at the youngest and her heart softens feeling her blood get washed away from Lisa’s water element, cleaning it and making it move more freely now.

‘’Thanks.’’

Lisa is unable to respond back because Chaeyoung started the plan already by rushing towards the monster with precision and speed. Her eyes observed the way the monster let out a roar, obviously annoyed at Chaeyoung’s speed for a while so its attention is on her now.

Chaeyoung sensed that monster is getting more powerful ‘’I hope Lisa won’t question this…’’ Chaeyoung’s hand started glowing dark violet as she shouted

‘’Lisa hit it with a water spell quick!’’

Lisa quickly took action and yelled out

‘’Aqua Strike!’’

The monster roared in pain feeling water being strongly splashed against him giving Chaeyoung enough time to get in close and punched it hard through its neck. The black monster howled and its whole form shaking but not attacking meaning that Chaeyoung did her part successfully!

 

‘’Now Lisa!’’

 

‘’Razor Slash!’’

 

Chaeyoung jumped up high and watched Lisa using the leaves of the trees, sharpening it like a blade and headed towards the monster’s chest while Chaeyoung delivered a strong strike at the head that almost made the earth quiver as she quickly flipped back to Lisa’s side, panting a bit.

Lisa’s eyes fleeted to Chaeyoung’s form ‘’How strong is she? What more could be her strength is when she has her element?’’

‘’I think we did it’’ Chaeyoung whispered

‘’Are you okay?’’ Lisa asked, a bit worried. Chaeyoung looks surprise at the question but nodded.

‘’Yeah, don’t worry about me’’

‘’But your shoulder…’’

Chaeyoung grabbed her shoulders ‘’I’ll be fine.’’

 

‘’RAAAAAHHHH!’’

 

Their eyes widened seeing the monster roaring in anger and getting larger and larger under the moonlight!

‘’W-what the?!’’ Lisa said in shock. How the heck is that monster still alive when she just hit it with hundreds of sharpened leaves! Not to mention Chaeyoung’s strong punch at the head!

‘’That should have killed it!’’ Chaeyoung cursed, this is really getting too dangerous.

Chaeyoung grabbed the stunned Lisa’s waist and hid her behind her back unconsciously, looking at the monster with critical eyes. Lisa gripped Chaeyoung’s arm tightly, showing a hint of fear at her grip that made Chaeyoung hold her tighter to make her feel secure a bit. She opened to yell something but another voice stopped her.

 

‘’Ash Incineration!’’

 

Chaeyoung and Lisa watched Jisung came from above with his form blazing with fire! A huge fire engulfed the monster as it screeched loudly, feeling its inside burn its form until it turns into ashes!

‘’D-dad’’ Lisa stuttered while Chaeyoung wanted to sigh in relief seeing Jisung killing the monster instantly…but somehow the show of power made Chaeyoung clench her fist

‘’I’m still too weak…’’

 

What was Jisung doing here anyway?

 

Jisung’s cold eyes are directed towards the monster, watching it burn and turn to ashes thanks to his strong fire element. ‘’So it appeared here as well…’’ He thought

 

‘’Chaeyoung!’’

 

‘’Lisa!’’

 

Chaeyoung felt herself get engulfed into a tight hug, her body relaxing knowing who it was

 

‘’Jisoo…’’

 

Jisoo let go of the hug and glared at her ‘’What the heck are you thinking pabo!’’

 

‘’I…’’

 

Jisoo looked behind Chaeyoung’s back seeing Lisa whose hand is still on Chaeyoung’s arm ‘’Lisa...’’

Jennie quickly came to Lisa’s side while looking at their tired form ‘’Are you okay?’’ Jennie asked the youngest ‘’You suddenly ran off and I tried to look for you the whole day, and apparently she is also looking for Chaeyoung.’’ She pointed to Jisoo

‘’We figured you two are together…’’ Jennie said quietly ‘’And looks like we were right. I felt the two of you sprinting in this side of the forest when almost everyone went home...’

Lisa finally gained some senses and almost hesitantly let go of Chaeyoung’s arm ‘’I’m fine.’’ She answered Jennie's question and looked back at the burning monster making the others look at it too.

‘’W-what the hell is that?’’ Jennie said in shock seeing a large fire in front of her father.

Jisung then turned back and looked at the four girls with a deadly serious look as he answered

‘’A Shadow Monster.’’


Hello a new update for you all! Thank you once again for supporting this story and I hope everything is getting clearer for all of you! (Well I think there are more questions now) but don't worry! All will be answered in the future chapters. I hope you enjoyed reading this and let's support all the BP contents we are receiving since the release of The Album! This is also posted in celebration of LSG getting its first win! Love you all so much and see you in the next chapter!