Release

The Elzard

‘’Hey Jisoo-unnie…’’

 

Jisoo looked at the restored Chaeyoung after Hyuna healed her when they left the training ground once and for all. Jisoo wasn’t looking at her mother and just let her be while Hyuna just gave the both of them a sad look and a small whisper of ‘get well soon…we’ll be here’

Jisoo may be young, but she’s intelligent enough to know that there isn’t some full truth in that sentence. So, she was not going to believe those words

 

‘’Jichu-unnie…’’

 

Jisoo snapped out of her thoughts to give the younger girl a small soft smile after hearing her given nickname.

 

‘’What is it Chaeyoungie?’’

 

‘’Um…can I tell you a secret?’’

 

Those innocent doe eyes clearly melted Jisoo’s frustrations away as she said in a small comforting voice ‘’Of course you can, we’re in this together’’

 

‘’I uhm…Lisa was lying…’’

 

‘’What do you mean Chaeyoungie?’’

 

Jisoo watch as Chaeyoung opened her palm and slowly, a small ball of lightning was manifested and small spark sparkle around it. Jisoo’s mouth dropped down in shock and stuttered

‘’W-why didn’t you tell them Chaeyoungie?! You could have trained with them!’’

‘’I…I don’t want to hurt anyone unnie, especially Jennie-unnie and Lisa…and of course you.’’ Chaeyoung answered meekly

‘’B-but why hide it?’’

‘’Because I want to be with you unnie’’

Jisoo was taken aback at the immediate answer and her heart warmed up at that ‘’Y-you’’ She choked out ‘’You wanted to be with me?’’

Chaeyoung gave her a toothy smile and nodded enthusiastically ‘’Yeah! I don’t want you feeling lonely in this house…and they were kind of being mean to you which mommy and daddy taught me that it is bad to be mean…’’

‘’Oh Chaeyoung…’’ Jisoo’s eyes softened, the younger girl’s heart is just so innocent and despite so many bad things are happening around them, she remained to be kind and caring.

 

Jisoo swore she would never let anyone hurt this young girl ever again.

 

‘’So how did you discover it?’’

 

‘’There…was a small bird that was falling from a tree when I was on my way home. I was visiting the well that time because I was sad and I felt better when I was beside that well.’’ Chaeyoung answered ‘’So when the bird was falling, something just…activated in me and the next thing I knew, I was already at the tree and I caught the bird safely. I was also more agile so I was able to return the bird in its home’’ Chaeyoung smiled happily then it dimmed

‘’I knew something was not right so I decided to read some books and I discovered that I have the lightning element unnie…the description fits just right for me.’’

‘’That’s amazing Chaeyoung’’ Jisoo smiled proudly at her ‘’I’m happy that you did get your element at the right age…just wait for Jisoo-unnie’s okay? I’ll protect you from any bad things that will happen to you.’’

Chaeyoung’s eyes watered at those words and said in a small voice ‘’You mean it?’’

‘’Yes Chaeyoungie, I care for you so much and please know that I’ll never leave your side.’’

‘’Even if…’’ Chaeyoung hesitated a bit that made Jisoo confuse

‘’Even if…what?’’

‘’I have…’’


‘’ !’’ Chaeyoung punched the tree angrily, her lightning element immediately reacting as the bark of the tree turned charred.

‘’What the heck was Bom-unnie thinking! I should have known that she will do something like this!’’ She fumed ‘’And Joy was with her too…are they talking without me and Jisoo knowing? But that’s impossible…If that’s the case Joy should know more about me and Jisoo but the fact that she was surprised at Jisoo having the light element crosses that possibility out.’’

How the heck did Joy know about her element? And why the hell did she taunt her like that?

‘’Why am I even affected by her words?’’ Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows ‘’ I’m usually so calm since I’m…could she be?’’

Then she remembered that weird tanglement of their energy...

‘’That weird connection…why do I feel that whenever I deliberately touch Joy?’’ Chaeyoung whispered and could only massaged her forehead to relieve some stress

‘’What the heck should I do…?” She walked towards the well where she and Jisoo always go when they’re really stressed or just…

Nothing, when she feels nothing at all.

‘’So, this is where you go whenever you feel like things aren’t going your way.’’

Chaeyoung stiffened at this unfamiliar voice ‘’who could that be?’’ She thought and turned around in curiosity and nervousness, only for her be shocked seeing Irene looking at her emotionlessly

‘’Irene…?’’

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes, she and Irene never talked to each other before, heck they never even interacted. They just know each other’s name via other people, Jennie and Lisa to Irene, and Wendy to Chaeyoung and Jisoo.

Irene walked closer until she was next to Chaeyoung, looking at the well and could also feel that warm cold sensation that Chaeyoung was apparently feeling as well.

‘’This well…it has light components, right?’’

‘’How…how did you know?’’ Chaeyoung asked cautiously which made Irene looked at her, her face still indifferent.

‘’I felt it. Anybody can feel it if they focus enough and is in close proximity to this well.’’

‘’What are you doing here Irene?’’

Irene chuckled ‘’Wendy was right, you’re really blunt.’’

‘’I’m glad your girlfriend informed me to you’’ Chaeyoung said sarcastically ‘’Stop beating around the bush, this is the first time we’ve even talked. What do you want? Did Wendy or Jennie sent you to follow me?’’

Irene glared at Chaeyoung, who for the first time since she closed her heart off, felt fear and shivered under the glare of the older girl. ''Wow...she's really intimidating that I wonder how Wendy got past her shell''

‘’I don’t’’ She growled ‘’take orders like I’m a maid, I’m not some mindless dog that followed anyone. I came here on my own accord.’’

Chaeyoung gulped and looked away, the cold glare wouldn’t get out of her mind and she could feel herself slowly distancing herself from Irene.

Irene laughed coldly ‘’Aw, is the coldest person in the academy afraid of me?’’

‘’What is this girl!? It’s like she knows everything about me or what I'm thinking!’’ Chaeyoung looked at Irene incredulously ‘’As if’’ She sneered ‘’ If you came here for a fight, I won’t mind shutting you up’’

‘’Just because you revealed your element, doesn’t mean you’re all that strong’’ Irene smirked ‘’ So, how long were you hiding it hm?’’

‘’It’s none of your ing business’’ Chaeyoung glared at Irene who pursued her lips in a frown ‘’Again, why are you here?’’

‘’I already finished my spell on that class and decided to step out, I admit Park Chaeyoung, I’m curious why you hid your element when all Jennie and Lisa said to us are that you guys are hopeless elementless who got lucky even coming to this point.’’ 

Chaeyoung clenched her fist in anger at that

‘’Now then…’’ Irene’s eyes glowed dark violet, almost the same as Chaeyoung’s, ‘’show me your strength.’’ As soon as those words left Irene's lips, she started attacking

‘’Lightning Strike!’’

Chaeyoung jumped out of the way and her heart started beating in nervousness seeing the large damage Irene created in her initial position.

‘’Lightning Orb!’’

Chaeyoung yelled and multiple orbs of lightning surrounded her. She moved her arm towards Irene and immediately, the lightning orbs followed her heed and started heading towards Irene who just blurred out of the way, and farther from the academy. If it wasn’t from Chaeyoung’s quick eyes, she would have missed Irene and just thought she just vanished.

She didn’t know why but she followed Irene farther into the forest part that surrounds the academy while throwing lightning orbs at her in which the older girl easily dodged.

‘’She has almost the same speed and reflexes as I am…she’s indeed a great lightning elzard just like what Wendy says.’’

 

But what does Irene want with her?

 

That’s what she’s going to find out


Irene then stopped at a familiar clearing so Chaeyoung also stopped but with still respectable distance to Irene. She looked around and noticed that this was the clearing where Sandara found out her element. It looks to be back to normal…

‘’Jinyoung of the council bought this back to normal; it was a minor work that the council has to take care of but I’m surprised that they just deduced it by some teenagers training.’’

Chaeyoung’s blood boiled hearing a council member that she growled darkly which caught Irene’s ears quite easily.

‘’Looks like that’s not the case huh’’ Irene turned around to face Chaeyoung with a knowing smirk

‘’How did you know’’ Chaeyoung demanded ‘’You weren’t there even when Sandara found me out, and only someone with a strength like Sandara can hide their presence well enough especially when it’s dark!’’

Irene tilted her head with that same smirk ‘’Wouldn’t it be easier to hide in the dark though?’’

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth in frustration ‘’What the hell do you want Irene!’’

‘’You.’’ Irene’s eyes hardened ‘’I want you to release all your destruction to this clearing. Now.’’

‘’What the hell would I gain from that?! Unnecessary attention?!’’

‘’Then I’ll push you to that point’’

‘’Lightning Whip!’’

Chaeyoung was then suddenly tied up by a lightning rope with Irene gripping it tightly, she was then electrocuted which made her grunt in pain for a bit despite her own lightning element dulling its effects. Chaeyoung smirked, then started running around the clearing while ignoring the slight pain from the attack.

Irene yelped a bit feeling herself get tugged along from Chaeyoung’s running; the younger girl’s strength quite admirable but Irene quickly saw that she was going to get crushed by the tree so she has no choice but to let go of the lightning whip and grabbed the bark of the tree and easily maneuvering her way out of it.

‘’I underestimated your physical strength Chaeyoung’’ Irene commented calmly before proceeding in giving a smirk ‘’I wonder why…’’

Chaeyoung could feel sweats running down her face as Irene scrutinized her with her calculating gaze. ‘’Why am I feeling so nervous around her presence?! I-it’s like I’m training with Bom-unnie who is in full strength!’’

Just how strong is the girl Chaeyoung is facing right now? If she was creating this much damage...she might as well join Jennie and Lisa for being one of the strongest elzard in the freshman department!

 ‘’Lightning Strike!’’

Chaeyoung just dodged it easily as Irene continued on offensive, easily turning the clearing into a destructive form which meant Irene isn’t holding back at all.

‘’If I get struck by that, it will definitely hurt even if having my own element will null its effect…’’

‘’Come on Park Chaeyoung, is it always going to be like this?’’ Irene said in a bored tone ‘’You being on defensive? I’m greatly disappointed after seeing that nice fireworks display you gave to Joy.’’

‘’Why is it I’m getting so agitated lately?!”’ Chaeyoung growled and her eyes finally started glowing dark violet just like Irene’s

Irene saw that and let out a small grin ‘’Just a bit more…’’

‘’What do you know huh?”’ Chaeyoung said darkly ‘’You don’t know anything about my life! Don’t you dare talk to me like you know what happened throughout my existence!’’

‘’Oh Chaeyoung, if only you knew how similar we are…’’ Irene chuckled before suddenly giving her a cold look

‘’The only difference is that…’’ She whispered as the wind carried her voice to Chaeyoung’s attentive ears while she finished her words

 

‘’You’re weaker’’

 

Chaeyoung’s form shook with anger and all she saw was dark violet as Irene immediately decided to get defensive when Chaeyoung shouted

 

‘’Lightning Burst!’’

 

Once again like the time Sandara caught her, Chaeyoung exploded in a burst of lightning turning everything around her surroundings into ashes and made a bigger disaster than what she did last time…

 

Chaeyoung panted and looked around seeing no signs of Irene ‘’I didn’t obliterate her…did I?’’

 

The answer quickly came

 

In a form of ice

 

‘’Ice Trap!’’

 

Chaeyoung, due to her tiredness of suddenly bursting all her elemental energy at her latest attack, didn’t immediately evaded the attack as her body was now encased with ice and only her chest up to her head aren’t covered with it.

‘’Amazing…’’

Chaeyoung heard that mutter and turned her head to the right and seeing a trail of ice that stopped at Irene’s feet.

Irene walked closer and talked some more ‘’I can somehow see why you decided to hide it…which is also not good to your element.’’

Chaeyoung struggled a bit more but somehow, she couldn’t get out of the ice ‘’How the hell did you dodge that?’’ She said tiredly; she was mentally and physically tired that she just stopped struggling even more and waited to see what Irene wants to say.

Irene shrugged ‘’I countered it with my own, but you’re stronger that I thought so I just shielded myself with my ice element.’’

‘’I…didn’t know you also have that element’’ Chaeyoung whispered, did Wendy know about this?

‘’Wendy knows about this but decided to keep it a secret for my sake since it’s quite a rare element and she doesn’t want other people flocking to me.’’

Chaeyoung chuckled a bit ‘’So Wendy does get a bit jelly huh.’’ She mused ‘’So, what do you mean by it’s not good for my element?’’

‘’You have the lightning element as your main Chaeyoung, it’s dangerous to bottle up a great part of you especially if it’s the lightning element. What do you know about lightning as an element?’’

Chaeyoung pondered about it for a while and replied ‘’It’s one of the most dangerous elements out there, and one of the hardest to control as well. It’s like the fire element but…’’ She hesitated for a bit that Irene answered for her

‘’Lightning element bought destruction only unlike the fire element. The fire element has their own pros like creating warmth for the people around them.’’

Chaeyoung’s mind flashed back to Jennie when they slept on the rooftop

‘’Which means you’ve been destructing yourself Chaeyoung,’’ Irene then finally said that in a softer tone ‘’ You’re usually a calm person, the kind that can control her feelings and emotions very well and not let it get too much of a hold to you. I’ve seen that when we first transferred here and met you all, well Jennie and Lisa but I am observant despite not being close to you.’’

‘’H-how…just how?’’ Chaeyoung stuttered, eyes wide at Irene’s calculations that are on point. It’s as if this girl was watching her grow up!

‘’It’s obvious from the way you easily get riled up at the start of college…it means that your own element wants to get out and be free but you won’t let it so in the end, it affected your mood quite often. If you didn’t release all of your excess strength, you could have definitely hurt someone…like Joy’’

Joy being electrocuted flashed into her mind and Chaeyoung’s eyes began to see the light of realization; Irene was right, she does have better control to her own self hence why she is the coldest person in school…but ever since the start of college, she does get more riled up more than ever not only because the people around them started noticing her and Jisoo…

But also because of her own main element wanting to get out and let’s say…wreak havoc as we speak. It wanted to be free.

After so many years of hiding it and just releasing it thru training.

‘’Which is why I bought you here to release it all, and it seems to be work seeing that you’re being cooperative and responding accordingly to what I’m saying.’’

‘’…Thank you’’ Chaeyoung whispered at the quiet destructive clearing that they are in and sure enough, Irene heard it. She undid her ice spell and Chaeyoung stood up, a bit wobbly but has enough strength to stand up straight.

‘’It’s no problem at all, you should just be free.’’ Chaeyoung looked up and blinked seeing Irene’s eyes glowing while her hand is touching Chaeyoung’s shoulder ‘’Be free and don’t hide anymore. Unleash your element Chaeyoung, it’s destructive but powerful.’’

Chaeyoung’s breath hitched as Irene started walking away from the clearing when she still felt that connection once again, the same as Joy’s!

Chaeyoung couldn’t stop herself and she was just as surprised as Irene when she held her hand to stop her from walking away. Then their hands started glowing dark violet that Chaeyoung immediately let go of it

‘’My element…it’s responding to you’’ Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes ‘’What did you do to me?’ And most of all...why did you help me?’

‘’I did nothing,’’ Irene said calmly ‘’And as for your second question...'' She fully turned to face Chaeyoung while staring straight into her eyes

''I told you before Park Chaeyoung,’’ She looked at Chaeyoung with a knowing look that made Chaeyoung feel that connection once again.

‘’We’re both similar…in many ways’’


Chaeyoung walked home that day with frizzled thoughts but the calmness of her element deep inside her is one thing that Chaeyoung missed so much.

The peacefulness within her

‘’I wasn’t able to train much ever since college started in fear of being discovered since we’re getting a bit more noticed than before…how did Irene know that I’m having those pent-up energy? Did she also experience something like this? Or is it payback for hurting Joy earlier?’’ She said to herself

‘’Not to mention that weird connection…’’ Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes, she couldn’t explain what that connection is…it’s like they’re all connected to her but in what way?

‘’Is it our elements?’’ Chaeyoung pondered about it for a while ‘’But that’s…why would she?’’ Chaeyoung sighed and just wanted to pull her hair out from frustration.

She didn’t know much about Joy and Irene, and she doesn’t want to get to know them in a deeper level just to put ease to the questions in her head. So, for now?

 

She’ll let it be

 

She’s just thankful that Irene helped her release that pent-up elemental energy, it did wonders on the turmoil inside her and she could see in a bit better in her own perspective.

 

‘’Chaeyoungie!’’

 

Chaeyoung easily caught Jisoo who glopped at her the moment she’s within reach of the Kim’s house

 

Chaeyoung chuckled hearing Jisoo reprimand her ‘’What were you thinking! Skipping class in two days straight is not good!’’

‘’Really? That’s what you’re focusing on?’’ Chaeyoung said in amusement ‘’And not the fact that the whole school probably knows what our element is right now?’’

Jisoo sighed in a stressful way and said ‘’The whole school are absolutely eating this up; me having the light element, and you passing the tryouts for the thief club and also revealing your main element as well.’’

‘’…The fam?’’

‘’They…they’re waiting inside Chaeyoung but thankfully, mom and dad are not yet home…’’

‘’Probably those shadow monsters attacking again’’ Chaeyoung said, her eyes hardening ‘’I really should talk to Lisa about it soon…we didn’t get the chance to do so after getting intel from Sandara.’’

‘’Well, let’s get this over with I guess’’

Jisoo looks surprised at how calm Chaeyoung is, she was actually expecting the younger girl to curse right now because that’s she’s been doing lately…

‘’Are you…okay Chaeyoungie?’’

Chaeyoung gave Jisoo a small reassuring smile ‘’I’m fine unnie, don’t worry about it.’’ She walked on ahead while gesturing at Jisoo to follow her.

Jisoo let out a small frown ‘’Something is different about you tonight Chaeyoungie…not that I won’t complain but…’’ She observed at how calm but still expressionless Chaeyoung’s face is

‘’What caused you to be so calm right now when you seem so agitated earlier?’’

‘’Rosie…’’

‘’Chae…’’

Chaeyoung entered the house and there sitting at the living room are Jennie and Lisa, who was looking at her tiredly, probably from the questions on their head, but determined

‘’Jennie, Lisa’’ Chaeyoung nodded at them and Jisoo quickly joined them, giving the two an unpleasant look.

‘’Look this is how it will go,’’ Chaeyoung said seriously ‘’You both get to ask us questions but this is for the reason that the two of you won’t bother us with questions every day. It’s tiring, and I’m sure the both of you are too so let’s finish it all up right now but don’t expect us to answer every question because we also have our own privacy so hopefully that two of you will respect that.’’

They were enveloped by silence for a while until Jennie nodded and spoke

‘’Yeah, I agree to that. This will surely help us all sleep tonight.’’ Jennie said before turning to a soft tone ‘’How long Rosie?’’

It was a simple question but it required Chaeyoung to close her eyes and answered truthfully

‘’Before we left the training ground for good…I think I was seven years old at that time or maybe I’m turning eight at that point.’’

The two were shocked to say the least ‘’Y-you already have your element at that time?’’ Lisa said, stunned at hearing the truth from the older girl by a month.

Jennie balled her fist in slight anger ‘’Rosie should have been training with me…but why?’’ so she voiced it out with hurt in her voice ‘’Why? Why did you hide it from us, heck we were even sparring and you didn’t even lift a finger and just dodged all my attacks!’’

‘’Because I didn’t want to hurt you.’’ Chaeyoung looked at the shocked cat eyes intently ‘’ At that time, I didn’t want to hurt anyone since lightning can be quite destructive if not controlled properly…even if you do have your earth element at that time to lessen the damage, you don’t focus enough on your defensive skills so I didn’t show it.’’ Chaeyoung then gave Jisoo a glance

‘’And also…it’s because of Jisoo-unnie’’

The two listening girls glanced at Jisoo who was giving Chaeyoung a small loving smile

‘’I didn’t want to leave her all alone, so I…acted to be elementless despite the backlash that I know I would get from our peers but it didn’t matter.’’ Chaeyoung said ‘’It was worth it, all our bad luck at the beginning was really worth it and here we are…stronger together without any of your guys help’’

Jennie and Lisa looked down shamefully, they knew to themselves that they deliberately bullied the two girls all because of their status and just mutual hate…Jennie to Jisoo, and Lisa to Chaeyoung.

‘’How about Jisoo-unnie then?’’ Lisa asked ‘’When did her element manifest?’’

Chaeyoung and Jisoo’s eyes darkened at that question ‘’It’s…better to leave it as it is.’’ Chaeyoung answered for Jisoo while reaching out to hold Jisoo’s hand in comfort since she was probably reminiscing that moment again.

‘’It’s still not a comfortable topic to us so…maybe in the future we’ll tell it when we’re ready.’’ Chaeyoung said softly and was thankful when Lisa gave her an understanding nod while Jennie looked at her sister who was just looking down, not wanting to be seen.

‘’So, when we were sparring with Sandara…’’ Jennie said ‘’You were using your element all this time?’’

‘’Well not always,’’ Chaeyoung shrugged ‘’I was using it at some time when we were sparring with her…but at the final clock well, you know what happened.’’

‘’So that’s how she was able to get to me so fast’’ Jennie smiled a bit remembering that moment when Chaeyoung saved her from getting slashed painfully

‘’And in our P.E also? When we were running and when we fought that shadow monster?’’ Lisa also asked

Chaeyoung sighed and nodded ‘’ Yes…that time too.’’

‘’So…you do care about me huh,’’ Lisa gave Chaeyoung a teasing smile that made Chaeyoung blush a bit and for the other two to glare at the maknae

‘’Yeah, whatever you say’’ Chaeyoung mumbled ‘’Are we done?’’

‘’Do you also have any other elements?’’ Jennie asked and Chaesoo was quiet about that. Jennie narrowed her eyes for a bit but then suddenly she felt something, and apparently Chaeyoung did too.

‘’Wait…’’ Jennie whispered and closed her eyes ‘’There’s…something at the garden…at the back of our house.’’

Chaeyoung’s eyes snapped open and stood up suddenly ‘’Lisa! It’s here!’’ She shouted before sprinting towards the back of the house in fast speed.

Lisa’s eyes widened and also sprang into action which prompted for the Kim sisters to follow them as well.

‘’Lightning Strike!’’

Lisa squinted her eyes for a bit and there she already saw Chaeyoung attacking a shadow monster that is much bulkier than what they faced before. It also has large hands and feet that seems to be really painful when you’re attacked by it.

‘’A shadow monster…’’ Lisa whispered angrily and yelled out

‘’Razor Slash!’’

With her hands glowing green, the leaves around the garden started floating and their edges sharpened by yours truly as they quickly rushed to the shadow monster who roared in pain

‘’RAAAAAAHHHHHHH!’’

Jensoo arrived just in time to see Chaelisa fighting the shadow monster with vigor and probably…revenge from last time.

‘’It’s time for some payback don’t you think?’’ Lisa smirked at Chaeyoung, quickly positioning herself next to her

‘’Definitely’’ Chaeyoung glared at the shadow monster but with a happy smirk because this time…

She didn’t need to hide anymore.

‘’Be free and don’t hide anymore. Unleash your element Chaeyoung, it’s destructive but powerful.’’

Irene’s words rang through Chaeyoung’s mind so she initiated an attack once again

‘’Lightning Breaker!’’

Chaeyoung clenched her fists which form a dark violet energy inside it and extending it towards the shadow monster, a concentrated lightning energy within it as the shadow monster screeched in pain and apparently…

 

Angrier

 

Every step of the shadow monster caused tremors that shook the ground as Chaeyoung was about to pull Lisa away seeing that the shadow monster started raising its hands when it started running towards them with average speed but with the big structure its sporting, it’s really scary seeing it up close especially when the sun is starting to set.

‘’Earth Wall!’’

The shadow monster bumped into the sudden earth wall between it and Chaelisa who both looked behind them and saw Jennie smirking

‘’You’re not getting all the fun now eh?’’ This was Jennie Kim in her full confidence of her powers that Chaeyoung could only shake her head in amusement

Of course, Jennie would call this fun

‘’Luminescence Gleam!’’

The shadow monster quickly shrunk down in size when a sizeable white energy struck its body

‘’Looks like it’s terribly weak against light’’ Jisoo analyzed ‘’This should be over really quick don’t you think?’’ She smirked

‘’Seriously?’’ Lisa said in exasperation ‘’Can’t you two give this to us since we were quite beaten-up last time.’’

‘’No.’’ The Jensoo sister said back to her while Lisa sighed as she grumbled

There goes her moment to fight alongside with Chaeyoung down to the drain…for now at least

The shadow monster roared and soon…it grew even larger as the night sky slowly appeared above

‘’Ugh!’’

The shadow monster easily destroyed the earth wall and punched Chaeyoung out of the way as she skidded to the ground painfully

‘’Chaeyoung!’’

‘’Oh, you are so dead for doing that’’ Jennie growled and her eyes turned angry red

‘’Flaming Stream!’’

‘’Lisa, obscure its vision quick!’’ Jisoo quickly told the maknae who nodded immediately

‘’Aqua Stream!’’

The two elements struck the shadow monster dead on since it was so big and the two attacks started creating a mist around the monster who started roaring and looking around, punching the ground in anger which created tremors after tremors.

Jennie started running around while thinking of a strategy, not noticing a shadowy hand creeping towards her foot and snatched it!

Jennie yelped and tripped as she was suddenly started being hauled towards the mist, she immediately readied her earth armor around her body when she was face-to-face with the shadow monster who raised its other hand high up before going down in tremendous speed.

‘’Lightning Cut!’’

Jennie felt the hand that’s holding her foot separate from the being who howled in pain before she was then snatched away from the monster in bridal style.

‘’Still think it’s fun Kim?’’

Jennie chuckled, snuggling a little bit closer to her savior ‘’Maybe?’’ She grinned and glanced at Chaeyoung

‘’My sister healed you?’’

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes ‘’She’s a bit of a worrier when I get hurt…don’t worry about it, I’m tougher than you think.’’

Chaeyoung stopped when she was now near Lisoo and put Jennie back down

‘’So, it can extend its arms…it’s safer to assume it can extend its legs too huh’’ Lisa said as they started to talk while the monster is still distracted

‘’And bulkier too’’ Chaeyoung grumbled

‘’Looks like it’s weak against light though, we should use it to finish it. We just need to weaken it’’ Jisoo said

Jennie smirked, hands turning earth and eyes glowing brown red ‘’Consider it done’’ Jennie then looked at Chaeyoung

‘’I need your help though’’

Chaeyoung seemed to get the gist of it and nodded ‘’Yeah, lightning and fire are the titans of the element…so that should leave the distraction part to Lisa’’

Lisa pursued her lips ‘’I still think it’s better if me and Chaeyoung partner up for the damage and Jennie-unnie will distract it. My water element will help in strengthening Chaeyoung’s element’’

Chaeyoung seemed to be deep in thought while Jennie glared at the maknae

‘’Look out!’’

Jisoo’s shout snapped them out of their state as they all jumped sidewards to avoid the extended kick of the shadow monster, the mist slowly going away as it roared in defiance and thirst to kill

‘’Never mind I’ll distract it!’’ Chaeyoung shouted

‘’Thunder Shock!’’

Chaeyoung leaped from different directions leaving a trail of sparkling lightning as the shadow monster directed its eyes on her, growling lowly. Annoyed by Chaeyoung’s speed, it stomped on the ground loudly to cause a tremor that shaken the other three girls but maintained their balance while Chaeyoung herself jumped up high, hands glowing dark violet.

She punched the shadow monster by the head and spread her electricity throughout the shadow monster’s entity shocking it as the shadow monster roared in pain and could be seen twitching and not moving at all.

‘’Now!’’

‘’Green Obturate!’’

Vines suddenly sprouted from the ground and started choking the shadow monster while also holding its bulky arms and legs tightly

Jennie walked closer to the vines and smirked at the shadow monster ‘’Enjoy burning yourself up’’

‘’Spark of Flame!’’

Jennie molded burning fire on her hands and pressed it against the vine as it quickly started to spread on the vines and easily burning the shadow monster making it screech in pain in the eventful night

‘’Lightning Breaker!’’

Jenlisa raised their eyebrows when Chaeyoung suddenly added more firepower to the already weakening shadow monster

‘’She’s quite…ruthless’’ Jennie and Lisa admired at how Chaeyoung released her element…and to think all this time they had everyone fooled that they’re elementless…

‘’Now Jisoo!’’ Chaeyoung shouted and the two looked at Jisoo who was actually gathering light energy as she was now glowing white despite the night weaking her powers

‘’Take this you ugly thing’’ Jisoo whispered and extended both of her arms, the light energy gathering there as she shouted

‘’Luminescence Gleam!’’

The shadow monster let out one final roar before finally dissolving into dark ashes as Jisoo’s white gleam of energy stuck its whole form and evaporating it into nothingness, the eldest shaking a bit in tiredness because it took quite a lot of her to pull that off considering that it's night time now.

‘’Finally…’’ Jisoo let out a sigh in relief, sensing that it’s all over now. Chaeyoung appeared right beside her and quickly whispered

‘’You’re doing fine?’’

Jisoo smiled at her and answered ‘’Don’t worry, it’s just been a while since I’ve used it….’’

Chaeyoung’s mind flashed back to her blast of lightning with Irene earlier and nodded ‘’Yeah…me too’’

‘’Maybe being open is more okay than we thought…’’ Chaeyoung thought, is that what Irene is saying to her earlier?

‘’Well, that was eventful’’ Jennie walked up towards them and could only glance at them with respect ‘’You guys were…great’’

Jisoo was surprised at that, her heart warming up seeing the hostile look on Jennie slowly disappearing but is still there.

‘’Yeah, you guys were too.’’ Jisoo responded as Lisa, who was grumbling, also walked up towards them and gave Chaeyoung a look.

‘’Hey Chae, can we talk for a bit?’’

Jensoo was once again suspicious at the sudden talk and Chaeyoung could sense it

‘’Apparently not tonight Lisa’’ Chaeyoung said though her eyes are sending a message to Lisa who could only decode it as ‘not now, the two are getting suspicious. Let’s talk tomorrow at the Halloween Party’

Lisa nodded and said ‘’Oh okay then, you should rest.’’

‘’You too.’’

An awkward silence enveloped them until a clearing of throat is now heard behind them as they all turned around and saw Jisung and Hyuna looking at them, specifically at Chaesoo with amazed eyes

‘’Chaeyoung…’’ Hyuna smiled ‘’You got your mother’s element huh, as your main one too.’’

Chaeyoung stiffened but slowly nodded ‘’Yeah…’’

‘’You also got her sword skills from what I heard’’ Jisung said lowly ‘’And you taught it all to yourself all this time for so many years?’’

Chaeyoung nodded ‘’Yeah, it’s not like the two of you were paying attention’’ She said passively which made them frown a bit but it was true, they were too busy training Jenlisa and doing council works…sure they do check up on them but mostly it’s all just about school works.

‘’We’re truly sorry Chaeyoung, Jisoo’’ Jisung let his eyes linger on Jisoo longer ‘’I…we haven’t been the best parents lately but I just want to let the two of you know that we’re really proud and even happy that you got stronger despite our shortcomings. I can’t fully say we want to make it up to you due to these shadow monsters’ business but rest assure that we will do our best to regain your trust to us again.’’

Jisung said it with so much determination that it left his daughters speechless, not knowing what to say to that so Jisoo decided to open so that she could fully go back to her room and rest.

It’s been a mind-boggling day

‘’Yeah…we appreciate it’’ Jisoo nodded in acknowledgement ‘’Though don’t take it as forgiveness from us, it will take a lot to regain our trust again…’’

Jisung and Hyuna nodded in understanding, at least they were talking without any choking tension so that’s a start

‘’So, you’re going to join the potion-making tomorrow Jisoo?’’ Hyuna asked

Jisoo looked deep in thought ‘’I’ll… think about it’’

‘’You should’’ Jisung smiled in support ‘’Because the prize is an elemental beast’’

The four girls' eyes widened at that

‘’An elemental beast?!”’

An elemental beast is an elzard’s companion though it is very rare to have one since it is so hard to bond with them. You have to be completely compatible to the elemental beast or else, it won’t follow you which is why elemental beasts are the ones who will choose their partner.

To hear that the prize is an elemental beast is absolutely shocking

‘’B-but how?’’ Jisoo said in shock ‘’Isn’t the elemental beast supposed to choose their own partner to bond with them?’’

‘’This is a special one’’ Jisung grinned ‘’And also…by looking at it? I feel like it would really connect with you Jisoo.’’

‘’How do you know that?’’ Jisoo raised her eyebrows questioningly

‘’I just feel it’’ Jisung then smiled sadly ‘’And I know you’ll ace that contest… even without our help’’

Jisoo sighed ‘’Fine…but only because I want to have an elemental beast’’

Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’Of course you do’’ She gave Jisoo a small smile before wiping it off her face since they’re not alone

‘’Well, we better get some rest then. It will be a long night tomorrow for us’’ Chaeyoung nodded at the Kim’s parents as well as Jenlisa

‘’Oh, and Chaeyoung?’’ Jisung stopped the younger girl when she went past them

‘’What is it?’’

‘’The four of you have amazing teamwork fighting off that shadow monster’’ Jisung said and Hyuna continued

‘’We felt its presence when we were on our way home but we arrived just in time to see you paralyze it until the moment Jisoo vaporized the monster.’’

‘’You guys were amazing, and I hope to see the four of you work together in the future.’’

Chaeyoung said nothing and just continued upstairs, not wanting to respond to that. Jisung sighed ‘’really a lot of work for us…’’

Lisa frowned, she hoped that Jensoo won’t get in her and Chaeyoung’s partnership. She really got to talk to Chaeyoung quickly tomorrow and with Jisoo joining the potion-making contest, she’ll just have to snatch Chaeyoung before Jennie or Joy even get to her.

Jennie however was excited, now that Chaeyoung has her own element, she could see herself training with the younger girl and possibly…show Chaeyoung how much she changed. Sure, she regretted bullying the two but, it’s different now.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo opened her eyes to that and just like her parents,

She’s determined to get their trust back, yes even her sister’s…albeit a bit hardly on her part but for now,

 

She’s focusing on one girl only


Uhm..please don't kill me for almost a month of no updates? xD Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Next chapter will be about the Halloween Party and I'm still thinking of splitting it into two chapters or just make it as one. Anyways, I hope the hype that you got from the last chapter hasn't disappeared :((( I took a really long time to update but I am back! I just finished my second term and I might have more time to write now. I was thinking of actually updating my ''Mood Pill'' story before I post the next chapter of this story. 

Again, thank you all for the patience and I hope to see (read?) you all real quick in the next chapter! Staysafe everyone and God Bless you all!