First Match

The Elzard

“Please…”

 

Jennie’s lips trembled for a moment, grabbing Chaeyoung’s hand tightly

 

“Please be okay…”

 

“What happened out there Lisa?”

 

“I-I don’t know, these weird individuals suddenly came out of nowhere and started attacking us and then…” Lisa could only let out a stream of tears, shaking slightly when she remembered what recently happened

 

“T-T-They…!”

 

Jisoo clenched her fist, looking at the badly shaped figure of Chaeyoung

 

‘I know you want to protect those who are important to you but…who’s going to protect you in times like this?’

 

“I love her…” Her eyes widened in shock and realization “I…I really love her, more than just a partner!”

 

“RAHHHHH!”

 

“Chaeyoung!”


Almost a month has passed since the first training of the Thief club and needless to say,

 

Sandara is a ruthless coach, even to the freshmen

 

“You want me to what?” Chaeyoung looked at Sandara confusingly, it’s their training once again after class and they were in the middle of the month.

 

A few more weeks before their first match

 

Sandara just grinned savagely “I want you to let out your lightning throughout the training. This will help in your endurance in using your elements.”

“Fine…” Chaeyoung grumbled and did as she told, her other teammates specifically the water elzards like Lisa and Suzy stayed away from her for a bit since she let out quite a strong spark

“Oh, and Chaeyoung”

Chaeyoung gave a curious glance to Sandara who was still wearing her grin

“We’re training until night”

Chaeyoung looked at the sky and saw it was clear as day, realization hitting her that their classes ended early.

‘…she’s crazy in the head’

She went home that day with frizzled hair and accidentally sleeping on Jisoo’s bed instead of hers due to tiredness

And another…

“Stomp your feet harder Lisa!”

Lisa could feel numerous sweats going down all over her body, hands outstretched and eyes darting from side to side.

She was using her water element from her hand to deflect fireballs from her teammates and all of them are being ordered by their coach to not hold back so yeah,

Lisa is having a hard time

Not only that, Sandara made her simultaneously use her ‘earth’ element by stomping her feet so that the others could lose balance…

And she must do that while staying in one position so she can’t dodge it by jumping around.

Suzy smirked when she scored a direct hit at Lisa’s chest who grunted in pain

“Giving up Manoban?”

Lisa growled

“Not a chance”

And another…

“You’re…going to make us switch partners?” Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow at Sandara’s new drill for the four of them…

Her, Lisa, Suzy, and Hyeri

Sandara nodded “Yeah, the four of you have the best chemistry with their respective partner; Lisa with Chaeyoung, and Hyeri with Suzy. But what happens if the opponent noticed that and decided to separate you with your partner?” Sandara said “Let’s say Lisa managed to find Suzy first, what will the two of you do?”

“Ignore her…” Lisa mumbled but everyone heard it which made Suzy roll her eyes at her

“And that defeats the purpose of fighting as a team” Sandara looked pointedly at Lisa

“The four of you are our secret weapon but I’m sure the other schools know that but…” Sandara then glanced at Chaeyoung

“They don’t know Chaeyoung.” Sandara grinned “So, it’s better that the four of you sometimes switch partners so that they won’t know who to separate from whom.”

Lisa pursued her lips; she doesn’t like this set up at all. She’s sure that it’s going to be rare that the opponent will make her separate from Chaeyoung but…

She glanced at Chaeyoung who was just looking at Sandara, though her uncomfortable frown made her smile a bit.

‘Looks like I’m not the only one who doesn’t like this’

“I think it’s a great idea”

They all looked at Suzy who was already sporting a smirk and eyes already locked on to Chaeyoung

“I suggest that me and Chaeyoung partner up first, maybe having my water element will help in this situation and we can discover our own…chemistry” Suzy said.

Hyeri rolled her eyes but sent a knowing smirk to Suzy

Lisa fumed “Oh no you’re no- “

“I was about to suggest that anyway” Sandara shrugged “Now get moving you two, it’s time for a new kind of spar.”

Chaeyoung sighed inwardly but nodded in obedience, walking towards Suzy to possibly talk some strategy.

“Ready for some strategy partner?” Suzy grinned while Chaeyoung just shook her head and answered her

“Let’s just get this over with.”

Lisa grumbled and Hyeri walked towards her “Stop frowning Manoban, I hate losing especially if I lost because of you”

“Whatever” Lisa scoffed and proceeded to the set of drills Sandara has set up for them.

“Well,” Chaeyoung sweat dropped seeing a jungle-like obstacles at the field. Some water-created animals and even metal bears can be seen wandering around it.

“This is going to be…interesting” She whispered, wondering just how imaginative her coach is with her elements

“I say unique”

Chaeyoung looked up behind her and saw Suzy holding up handcuffs

“What are those for?”

Suzy shrugged “Coach said it will add some thrill, when Lisa and Hyeri managed to separate us, they automatically win and vice versa of course.”

“Where does she keep getting these ideas?” Chaeyoung muttered but did it anyways once she saw Lisa and Hyeri putting on theirs.

“Well, if you ask me” Suzy giggled as she handcuffed her and Chaeyoung’s wrist “I like it.”

“Why so?” Chaeyoung hummed, she’s a bit comfortable with Suzy since the past few trainings they have been talking with each other…

 

Albeit not long but still, small talks sometimes matter.

 

Chaeyoung stiffened a bit once she felt Suzy grasp her hand naturally

“I get to be closer to you”

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes “Do you have to hold my hand?”

Suzy laughed “Shut up, coach is about to start this game. It’s better this way so that they won’t separate us.” She answered “So, hold my hand tightly. We’re in for a tight game”

Suzy smirked watching Lisa’s eyes burning in rage once Chaeyoung finally grasped her hands and Suzy intertwined them. She ignored Chaeyoung’s suspicious glance at her and just let this victory over Lisa wash her.

Especially after they won since Suzy managed to burn their opponent’s handcuff with the help of Chaeyoung’s speed plus Suzy’s water attacks paired with Chaeyoung’s lightning element.

And lastly…

They were in a practice match against each other wherein the team has been split into two again courtesy of Sandara picking out the teams.

Chaeyoung Lisa, and Suzy were in one team while Hyeri and Seulgi was separated.

“Suzy behind you!”

Suzy rolled out of the way since she was busy finally taking out Seulgi’s flag; they’re in a desert pyramid like setting so the heat is blazing hot.

“Thanks Chaeyoung!” Suzy yelled at her in which Chaeyoung just nodded, her back against Lisa as they’re up against four opponents.

“Grab my hand Lis”

Lisa quickly grabbed her hand and Chaeyoung began spinning her around while throwing water against them.

One began to release ice in an attempt to freeze it

 

“Idiot! We’re in a desert!”

 

“Then what am I supposed to do!?”

 

Chaeyoung smirked and answered for them

 

“Stay down”

 

“Lightning Wisps!”

 

“Argh!”

 

Chaeyoung and Lisa went on their separate ways and successfully snatched each two flags of their opponent.

 

“Easy” Lisa grinned

 

“Chaeyoung strike her!”

 

Lisa felt a breeze and watch Chaeyoung jumped up high in a distracted Hyeri because she was countering Suzy’s fire stream with her lightning causing some quick explosion

 

Hyeri quickly flew out of the fire’s way and blocked Chaeyoung’s punch with a bit difficulty on her hand

 

“Not working this time around Park” Hyeri grinned

 

Chaeyoung grinned back “Maybe so, but this isn’t a spar”

Hyeri’s eyes widened and saw her flag is gone, Chaeyoung holding it triumphantly with her other hand.

“Way to go Chaeyoung!” Suzy cheered and their surroundings went back to normal because apparently Hyeri was the last one in the group.

Hyeri sighed and slowly levitated down while holding Chaeyoung as an act of sportsmanship “Nice game Park, I almost forgot that we were in a scrimmage and not a spar. That’s definitely a lesson I won’t forget.”

Chaeyoung eyes widened slightly seeing Hyeri not her usual arrogant self.

‘Looks like Sandara planned to take her arrogance down a notch…and it worked’

“Amazing teamwork as always Chaeyoung, Lisa” Sandara smiled proudly at them “Hyeri, Suzy, and Seulgi, you guys were amazing as well despite being separated. Great work”

Hyeri nodded and just mumbled to herself while Suzy smiled

“Thanks coach but…” Suzy said and her eyes twinkled as she looked at the drinking Chaeyoung while Lisa looked at her with slight distaste

“I wouldn’t have done it without my teammates”

They were now in their last day of training before the opening of the Thief’s matches tomorrow in which they were going to face EXO from the SM Academy

“So, our opponent tomorrow is from SM Academy known as EXO” Sandara said as her players sat down at the grassy field while she explains what will happen tomorrow.

“They’re an…above than average team. As long as you guys stick to the game plan, we’ll snatch this game.”

Chaeyoung raised her hand “Is there someone in their team we should be careful from?”

Sandara hummed “Not much, they pretty much have just the basic elements in their team as far as I know. But be prepared, some of them may have some tricks upon their sleeves. They’re all a year older from our freshmen so don’t expect any new blood out there.”

Chaeyoung scrunched up her face “So, that means…”

Sandara nodded “Yes Chaeyoung, we’ll have to stick to our main plain whether you like it or not.”

Chaeyoung sighed “Fine…Hyeri will be helping me, right?”

Hyeri smirked “You can count on me as your booster Chaeyoung, just don’t get overwhelmed” She winked in a friendly way that made Chaeyoung quirk up a bit of a smile. This past month of training actually made her a bit friendly towards Hyeri and Suzy, in which the other two girls clearly warmed up to the former ‘elementless’ especially Suzy.

“Whatever weirdo”


“So,” Jennie started up a conversation among the four of them as they walked home together…for the past month since Chaelisa started training

“How was training?” Lisa rolled her eyes “Did you still have to ask that when you and Jisoo-unnie are always there watching us?”

Jisoo and Jennie shrugged

“I’m there for support”

“I’m just bored”

They respectively said which made the maknae line sweat dropped at them

“But Lisa has a point though” Chaeyoung said “We don’t have to tell you anything since you’ve been there watching from start to finish”

“But we can’t hear you” Jisoo smirked “Unless you count the attacks from all of you”

Chaeyoung chuckled at Jisoo’s logic “Sometimes I forgot how much a smart mouth you have in you” She looked at her unnie in amusement

Walking home together made great wonders to their relationship to each other that Chaeyoung was able to slowly open up herself while Jisoo is slowly accepting that their bridges are connecting once again. Heck even Jennie toned down her attitude since Jisoo made a secret partnership with her but lately, the maknae line have been lowkey and well…

Normal

“Tomorrow’s our first match…” Lisa said giddily “Aren’t you excited Chae?”

“I don’t know” Chaeyoung shrugged “Sandara just forced me into this sport because she discovered my element so…”

“What?!”

Jenlisa shouted in shock

“I didn’t know that…” Lisa murmured “When did…?”

Chaeyoung clenched her jaw and tried to spat out the reason without much bitterness and with great effort “When…our potion-making professor went to our house and stepped way out of line”

Their eyes cleared in recognition “So, that’s why you didn’t want me to go after Rosie” Jennie accused her sister in which said sister just smirked

“Of course, we were hiding our elements you know”

“but…” Lisa whispered and they all stopped walking since Lisa stopped in her position, weirdly right exact at the front of their house

“Why were you guys hiding your elements anyway?”

Chaeyoung and Jisoo stiffened at the question and looked at each other’s eyes as if communicating between them

“We…” Chaeyoung hesitated while Jisoo looked away “It’s…a confidential information. But if it would make you feel better…” Chaeyoung stared at Jenlisa intently

“One of the reasons is that this family lost our trust years ago.”

Jenlisa could only look down in shame and guilty, looks like their instincts were right on why they were hiding their elements even from them as well.

“But it’s fine now” Jisoo exclaimed which made the two girls who are in guilt look up at them as Jisoo gave them a small sad smile

“We’re…fine now”

Jennie and Lisa then looked at Chaeyoung who just shrugged but her eyes are a bit warmer “What she said” She replied with a small smirk

Jennie let out a gummy smile while Lisa grinned like a child

“So, does this call for a group hug?” Lisa teased in which the three girls shook their head at her though Jisoo seems to be contemplating it

“Come on Jisoo-unnie” Lisa pouted “This moment calls for that right?”

“Well…” Jisoo glanced at Chaeyoung who was looking at her with a warning while Jennie seems to not be still comfortable at that idea

“Why not?”

Chaennie immediately dashed towards the house while Lisoo went towards them with laughs of their own

“Don’t you dare hide from me Park Chaeyoung!”

“Yah Jennie-unnie! Don’t you want to hug your dear sister?”

The two girls who were running away locked eyes and Chaeyoung offered her hand with a mischievous smirk

“Just make sure you don’t go supersonic again” Jennie smirked and accepted her hand in which Chaeyoung chuckled at her remark.

The moment Jennie grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand, they sped around the house and far away from the two

“Yah Chaeyoungie that’s unfair!”

“Jet Stream!”

Jennie yelped when Lisa managed to hit her and glared at the maknae “Oh two can play at that game!”

“Fire Sphere!”

Lisoo gracefully dodged it and making the fire sphere hit the painting behind them instead, burning it. Lisa splashed some water to it as Jisoo yelled another attack

“Light Ring!”

Chaeyoung glanced behind and saw two rings of light intent on tripping her and nudged at Jennie who managed to get the memo

“Earth Slope!”

A small chunk of earth went up just in time to block Jisoo’s attack against Chaeyoung’s ankle

“You won’t get away from this!” Jisoo laughed and continued running around the house as the four of them exchanged attacks after attacks

 

“Lightning Strike!”

 

“Earth Wall!”

 

“Yah Lalisa! Stop stealing my element!”

 

“Sorry not sorry!”

 

“Sorry not sorry!”

 

“Stop copying her Jisoo-unnie!”

 

“Water Blast!”

 

“Air Shot!”

 

“Fire Stream!”

 

“Lightning Shot!”

 

“What is going on here?!”

 

Their eyes widened and tried to stop the attack but it was too late as a large explosion happened in the living room they’re currently in

 

BOOM!

 

They all closed their eyes to avoid the smoke and as the smoke started to clear up, a stern voice travelled across the room

 

“Jisoo…Jennie…Chaeyoung…Lisa”

 

They all shivered watching Jisung and Hyuna looked at them with stern faces as Jisung slowly put down the earth dome he created to counter their strikes

 

“Care to explain why the house looked like a war has happened inside it?” Hyuna raised her eyebrows at them, eyes staring at Chaeyoung and Jennie who were still holding each other’s hands while Jisoo and Lisa looked sheepish with their hands still outstretched

 

“We uhm…” Jennie murmured and put herself closer to Chaeyoung who was sweating a bit seeing Jisung and Hyuna in their parent mode…

 

Something she hasn’t experience for a decade

 

“Welp…I definitely feel like a child again”

 

“It was their fault!” Lisa pouted, finger pointing towards Chaennie “We just want a group hug!”

 

“Jisoo?” Jisung then turned to the eldest with a face that says ‘explain’

 

Jisoo laughed nervously “Uhm…is it that hard to believe Lisa?”

 

“Whose fault was it to make the house a battleground then?”

 

“I uhm…” Chaeyoung flushed as all eyes turned towards her so she looked away to hide her face “I think it’s my fault…We were running from them by going around the house with my lightning element and by the time we started doing techniques…it just happened?”

 

Hyuna walked slowly towards Chaeyoung as Jennie tensed, watching how will her mother punish them for well…

 

Ruining the house

 

“You’re so cute!”

 

Hyuna squealed and hugged Chaeyoung tightly who yelped at the sudden contact. Before she could push Hyuna away, Hyuna leaned back and squeezed Chaeyoung’s cheek like a child

“Omo Chaeyoung!” Hyuna said in amazement “Your cheeks are still as soft like when you were a child! I could just kiss it!”

“Mom!” Jennie slapped her hand to her forehead embarrassingly seeing her mom act this way but deep inside she’s relieved that they didn’t get any punishment for ruining the house judging from Hyuna’s elated expression and Jisung’s small smile of amusement

“So…” Lisa said with a sheepish smile “Does this mean we’re not in trouble?”

“Maybe?” Jisung said cheekily and walked towards Lisa and JIsoo to ruffle their heads “Let’s just clean this all up and eat dinner what do you say?” He said with a fatherly smile that made Lisa grin back and Jisoo just look away with a small smile on her face as they said

“Sure”

“Your cheeks are still like dumplings my daughter! You and Chaeyoung definitely have the best cheeks to squeeze and kiss!”

“Mom stop it!”


“Hey mom, dad”

Jisung and Hyuna looked at the youngest with a questioning look

“What is it, Lisa?” Hyuna said with a warm smile; after the small family bonding moment they did while cleaning up, her mood is definitely lifted especially since as time goes by, Chaeyoung and Jisoo is slowly lowering down their guard towards them which is definitely a good sign.

“Are you going to watch our first match tomorrow?” Lisa asked

Jisung and Hyuna blinked and could only smile sadly

“As much as we love to see you crush your competition,” Jisung chuckled “We have council duties tomorrow”

“We’ll make it up to you next time” Hyuna cheered her up upon seeing Lisa’s down casted face “How was training with Sandara for the past month?”

Chaeyoung and Lisa groaned while Jensoo snickered at them

“Grueling” Lisa grumbled

“Exhausting” Chaeyoung frowned

“But I thought you like training Chaeyoungie?” Jisoo smirked at the younger girl

“I know but…” Chaeyoung bit her lip seeing the knowing look in Jisoo’s eyes “Whatever, I learned some pretty…good things anyway.”

“Yeah, despite being forced to do the sport” Jennie said

“Sandara forced you?” Hyuna raised her eyebrow “Well that’s interesting…she never goes after student so this is a first”

Jisung smiled “You must be really talented then Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung was mum but deep inside, she could feel a warm feeling blooming within her. Hearing compliments from well…her third parents are actually quite

“Good…” Chaeyoung’s eyes softened then she felt a hand holding hers under the table. She looked at the initiator and could only let out a small smile seeing Jisoo pushing her to say something. Chaeyoung took a deep breath and softly said to the whole family in a not so cold tone but rather…

In a pleasant way

“Thank you…”

With that, the whole family dinner took off and ended in a warm note. They’re really enjoying these moments with each other and who knows what will happen so they’re savoring each and every bonding between them all.

It’s definitely one of the greater memories that they will store within their hearts and mind.


“Welcome to your first ever match in Thief!”

Roars of excitement from students of their respective schools echoed within the newly renovated arena of the academy as Chaeyoung looked around feeling slightly overwhelmed that everyone is going to watch her move and play this sport. She gulped since this is her first time of doing something so…public

“Go Rosie! You got this!”

Chaeyoung slightly calmed down and looked at her supporter, sighing seeing Joy in some kind of cheerleader outfit, probably changed her clothes after class ended, and cheering her so loudly that she can’t believe she even managed to hear her.

“Kick their Rosie!”

Chaeyoung could only glare at her for being so obnoxious even though she appreciated the effort since it kept her from being too overwhelmed.

“Looks like your number one fan is here” Suzy walked up closer to her to pass her a smirk, clearly used to this kind of setting already.

“Joy has it bad for you huh” Hyeri chuckled in which Chaeyoung rolled her eyes

“She’s relentless” Chaeyoung replied “I just tend to ignore her.”

“Still doesn’t stop her from clinging to you every chance she gets” Hyeri snickered, eyes watching in amusement seeing Suzy frown and Chaeyoung scowl at that.

“Chae!”

Chaeyoung turned around and let out a small smile, finally feeling herself relax as Lisa caught up to them since she was taking care of something (bringing the belt holsters for the team because Sandara ordered her to)

“I told you, you are coach’s favorite player to torture” Seulgi chuckled making Chaeyoung snort at that

“I’m not!” Lisa scrunched her nose while passing the holsters to the team

“She’s right” Chaeyoung smirked after clipping the belt securely on her lower waist.

“At least everyone knows that”

They all looked up to their coach who was grinning at them confidently, holding their black flags since they’re wearing their black uniform for their first match.

“Okay then! We all know that there are 15 players from each team that are going to steal their opponent’s flags…”

Chaeyoung accepted her own flag and took a deep breath, steeling her nerves

“In other words, this will be a”

“Deathmatch” Chaeyoung thought.

The Thief sport is not your ordinary sport like basketball or football; this is a deathmatch wherein each team will enter all of their team members and must do whatever it takes (except killing of course) to finish off the other team by stealing all their flags. When the last flag from a team has been stolen, then it’s game over as the team who still has their flags will win, hence the title sport of Thief.

You need to be good at stealing

Chaeyoung clench and unclench her fist, feeling a trickle of excitement entering her system as they slowly entered the field along with their opponents who were wearing red shirts to symbolize their team.

“EXO huh,” Chaeyoung mumbled

“We still got to be careful” Seulgi whispered at them seeing the faces of EXO who were looking at them with narrowed eyes, some were even smirking arrogantly at them.

“The stadium changes very suddenly so we better be prepared” Seulgi advised them especially Chaeyoung since this will be her first match.

“Ready for our strategy Chaeyoung?” Hyeri clapped Chaeyoung’s back while the girl rolled her eyes

“Whatever, just be there Hyeri.”

“I got your back Chae” Lisa grinned cheekily “We’re partners after all.”

Chaeyoung smiled “I know…” Chaeyoung looked at their opponent and she could already tell that they’re distinguishing Chaeyoung herself as the new blood.

“That’s why I’m confident that we’re going to win this.”


“Did you have to dress yourself as a cheerleader”

Wendy eyed Joy with amusement and looked at Irene “Can't you believe her puppy crush turned her into…this?”

Irene shook her head and replied “She’s your daughter not mine”

“Babe…”

“What do you think will happen?” Jennie asked Jisoo who just hummed for a while before replying

“I think they got this”

Jennie smirked “Yeah, they’re totally going to crush the other team” She said making Jisoo chuckle and just nod in agreement.

Yeri nudged at Irene and whispered to her ears “Is it me…or is Jennie actually being neutral to her sister?”

Irene narrowed her eyes “Yeah…maybe there’s something Jennie is not telling us.”

Yeri shrugged, her lips on a thin line “Whatever it is, it is actually causing the four of them closer together.”

“…”

Irene was quiet and looked at the new blood of their school’s Thief team

“Looks like my advice to you did better than usual huh Park Chaeyoung”


Chaeyoung snapped her head at the audience, feeling that certain connection again. She looked immediately at the stands where her friends are and was met by a waving Jisoo, a winking Jennie, a cheering Joy, and the smile of support from Wendy. Yeri was talking to Irene while Irene herself seems to be looking at…

“Me?” Chaeyoung whispered, she shook her head and soon was met by a small smile of recognition from Irene while Yeri finally noticed her and gave a thumbs-up.

“Looks like it was just my imagination” Chaeyoung said to herself before a loud voice around the stadium echoed

“Players enter the stadium! The match will start in 10…”

All Thief players hastily got into position, some in some kind of partner kind team formation while others were in solo and eyeing the other team with awareness. There’s a total of 15 members each team…

 

So, they will need 15 flags by the end of the match.

 

9…8…7…6…5

 

“They’re already eyeing you Chae” Lisa whispered as she was close to Chaeyoung; Hyeri, Suzy, and Seulgi was also close with her to make it seem like they’re protecting Chaeyoung.

 

4…

 

“Yeah,” Chaeyoung’s eyes sharpened at their opponent, specifically to one guy already eyeing her with an intent to steal.

 

3…

 

“You ready for this?” Suzy smirked, hands already crackling with fire

 

2…

 

“They have no idea what’s coming to them” Seulgi chuckled

 

1… 

 

“They’re toast” Hyeri punched her hand

 

“START!”

 

The cheers immediately quieted down as the grass field started to change into a beach; the sun really hot and blazing them with heat, the waves of water landing towards the sand before pulling away, and the beautiful brown sand that’s heated thanks to the sun.

 

“Flamethrower!”

 

“Ferocious Wind!”

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes seeing that the attack was already heading towards her so she focused on protecting her flag and going along the plan.

 

“Surfing Strike!”

 

“Surfing Strike!”

 

Suzy and Lisa worked together to create a large surfing wave and hit the attack creating a wide steam covering the beach.

Seulgi nodded at them and went up using her air element but doing nothing to take away the steam. She closed her eyes and with an amazing speed that impresses even Chaeyoung, she went inside the steam…

 

“Hey!”

 

“First blood” Hyeri grinned before nudging to Chaeyoung “You ready?”

“Yeah, just concentrating” Chaeyoung closed her eyes, feet slowly turning dark violet and sparks appearing around it.

 

“Wind Gust!”

 

Their cover wasn’t long however, as the guy that Chaeyoung was eyeing earlier created a gust of wind, the steam quickly disappearing

 

“There’s the new blood!”

 

“Chanyeol take care of her! We’ll take care of the flying missy here”

 

“Got it Suho!”

 

“Hyeri…”   

Hyeri turned to Chaeyoung who was now sporting a hardened frown

“Chaeyoung…don’t tell me you’re”

“Continue the plan later, I got something to settle with these idiots” She growled

“Chaeyoung wai-“

Hyeri was too late to convince her to stick to the plan seeing Chaeyoung’s scowl of being labeled as the new blood since Sandara told the latest team plan a few days ago, one that Chaeyoung obviously didn’t like.

Lisa chuckled as she dodged a lightning attack from the enemy while Suzy kept on using her water element to make the other team wet as much as possible…

According to the plan at least

“Where’s Chaeyoung?!” Suzy yelled at Hyeri before she hissed in pain after getting hit by a lightning attack.

“She’ll be here…” Hyeri pursued her lips

“Air Slash!”

“I hope so…” She whispered

 

“Oof-!”

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

“Chanyeol you got this! It’s just the new blood so take care of her and come back to help us!”

 

Chanyeol held his gut in a grimace, he looked up and gulped seeing the dark violet hue around Chaeyoung’s eyes…which was pretty intimidating because she was glaring at him like no tomorrow.

“A…lightning elzard?” Chanyeol whispered with a bit of fear sensing he has the disadvantage here, elementally wise

Chaeyoung let out a cold chuckle “Oh yes I’m a lightning elzard…” Her hands slowly rising before sparkling with lightning energy

“And I’m going to make you all regret for targeting me”

 

As soon as Chaeyoung said that, the beach suddenly changed into a dark cave with some paths blocked by rocks.


“Well, this looks bad” Irene muttered “A cave is definitely not a good environment for lightning users with the earth elzards gaining an advantage from this and air elzard can take advantage of this situation…”

Jennie looked a bit worried as she watched Chaeyoung below but relaxed seeing the still hard glare of her Rosie

“You can do this Rosie…”

“Beat his Rosie!”

Jennie’s eyebrow twitched at the loud cheerleader and glared at her “will you stop being so loud and focus on the game?”

Joy just gave her a smirk and stuck out her tongue which made Jennie red in the face. Wendy just sighed and could only watch the game with an intent to observe and see how Chaeyoung would handle this.


“Everyone get out of the middle!” Chaeyoung yelled out and some immediately sprung into action like Lisa, Seulgi, Suzy and Hyeri but some didn’t react immediately and fell down in a pitfall that an earth elzard immediately created upon the change of scenery.

“We lost three flags!” Lisa yelled “Get in my back quick! We’re doing the sphere formation”

“Earth Rise!”

Chaeyoung nodded in approval seeing Lisa gathering the team and raising them up. The enemy will focus their attacks there and they can work together using the sphere formation where everyone is watching each other’s back and retaliating whatever the opponent is throwing to them.

“She’ll make a great elzard warrior someday” Chaeyoung smiled a bit before her reflexes took over her as she dodged an air slash from her left.

“I don’t know how you were able to see that pitfall or how you dodged my attack despite being so dark…” Chanyeol whispered and the caves echoed it around for Chaeyoung

“But you’ll never be able to detect me with your lightning element. I however…” Chanyeol smirked before frowning as Chaeyoung dodged another air slash from him “can detect you using you breathing so you might as well give up now.”

Chaeyoung laughed lightly before her icy voice echoed around the cave walls

“Is that so?” Chaeyoung smirked and jumped up high since a big eclipse of air just went by her earlier position

“Then how come you’re not hitting me then?”

Chanyeol growled and shouted out

“Air Bullet!”

Chaeyoung tensed sensing that these are multiple air bullets ready to swish towards her so she decided to finally retaliate

“Lightning Coil!”

Chaeyoung felt lightning coiling around her body protectively, the shine of her element giving light to some and she immediately backflipped forward dodging an earth trap, eyes going towards the other opponent who has been instructing the team.

“Don’t worry Suho, I got this new blood!” Chanyeol yelled and finally released his bullets to Chaeyoung with break-necking speed

Chaeyoung growled “Let this be a lesson to you…” She whispered and swirled her arms around, eyes glowing dark violet as the lightning coil turned longer and longer

“do not ever”

Chaeyoung made the whip strike the rocks above Suho and his other teammates as they slightly panicked at the large rocks falling upon them which gave Lisa and the others a chance to quickly go into offensive.

“Earth Dome!”

Suho quickly protected his teammates with his earth element and gritted his teeth feeling multiple elements destroying his dome.

“and I mean ever

Chanyeol shivered seeing the dark violet aura now surrounding Chaeyoung as his air bullets turned into nothingness against her lightning.

Chaeyoung took one step and flashed from Chanyeol’s vision. His breathing stopped when he finally felt her presence just right behind him.

"She's so fast! I didn't even detected her breathing because I can't keep up with her speed!"

“underestimate me” Chaeyoung’s cold voice entered his ears and he could feel a hand sparkling with electricity holding his neck tightly making him wince in pain, his neck already feeling numb.

“W-wha” Chanyeol stuttered and that’s when Chanyeol knew that it she was a bait of the other team “She’s no new blood…she’s a strong contender! Their team clearly set this up!”

“Got it?” Chaeyoung scowled

Chanyeol gulped and just nodded viciously seeing that his teammates are busy fending off the others. Chaeyoung finally stopped her attack and was about to grab Chanyeol’s flag but her hands quickly grabbed Chanyeol’s hands who was about to strike her with an air palm

“I was about to do this in a harmless way…” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes “But you have to be so stubborn so…”

Chaeyoung smiled and whispered

“Lightning Shock!”

That was all Chanyeol could hear before he entered the world of darkness as Chaeyoung snatched his flag and watch him pass out from the strong lightning that clearly shook him out of his core.

The moment Chaeyoung snatched Chanyeol’s flag however, the scene changed once again to an open war field with dark clouds up above and everyone can finally see each other.

“Chaeyoung let’s finish this!”

Chaeyoung nodded and quickly ran towards Hyeri in a fast speed as Suho and his teammates watched with wide eyes seeing Chanyeol’s unconscious form.

Mind you he’s a junior in their school

“We’re in trouble…” Kai, their fire elzard, said

“Sorry for that” Chaeyoung smirked and looked around, seeing that they still have more than half in their team while their opponents have at least 6 in their group.

“You really shouldn’t ruin the plan you know Chae…” Lisa shook her head while Seulgi giggled

“Though it’s amazing that you were able to warn us earlier Chaeyoung” Seulgi commented

“Yeah…” Chaeyoung closed her eyes and soon, a dark violet spark appearing on her feet as she started charging large amount of energy.

“Lisa…Suzy” Chaeyoung whispered “Go for it. We’ll be there”

“Don’t let them plan!” Suho yelled “Go for an all-around attack now!”

 

“Flaming Shuriken!”

 

“Aqua Stream!”

 

“Icicle Spears!”

 

“Earth Stomp!”

 

“Leaf Blades!”

 

“Lightning Strike!’

 

Hyeri grabbed Chaeyoung and lifted her up in the air together with Seulgi while Hyeri and Lisa gritted their teeth and tried to dodge around with their flexibility and jumped up high when Suho’s earth element started to make the land uneven

“Water Shield!”

Both girls conjured a sphere of water in front of them for the fire attack to not effect.

“Suzy! Hit our shields with that ice attack!” Lisa shouted

“Way ahead of you!”

Using the now frozen shield to deflect the leaf blades incoming, Suzy’s eyes now turned dark blue seeing that almost all of the attacks they have now dodged

“Now Lisa!”

“Cascading Wave!”

With their combined aqua powers, Lisa and Suzy managed to create a huge wave and rained it upon their opponents.

When I say huge…it’s like a tsunami

“They got them all wet” Seulgi said with pride, she along with the other air and lightning elzards started getting ready as Hyeri put her hand on Chaeyoung’s back.

“You ready for this?” Hyeri smirked

Chaeyoung let out a ‘hmp’ sound and said “I don’t even need you to boost me.”

“Oh shut up, let’s just finish this immediately”

Chaeyoung smirked and prepared to run

“I hope you don’t have motion sickness”

With that, both Chaeyoung and Hyeri took off in supersonic speed and heading face-to-face to all of their opponents

“Paralyzation!”

With the help of Hyeri, the two of them managed to release a more than average electricity enough to numb all of the people that they have touched, in which Hyeri is doing it while Chaeyoung served as the runner and additional sparks that she’s letting out. For the lightning elzard and earth elzard they encountered however, they gave out more energy to finally make them numb.

“Now!”

Seulgi yelled upon seeing all of the paralyzed

Suho’s form was shaking and could only look on the charging Seulgi along with her other teammates and could only sigh in frustration seeing he is now the last one on the team and Seulgi is coming in close to snatch his flag.

“Damn it…”

Who knew that the newcomer played a huge role in this?

“RAAAAAAHHHHHHH!”

Everyone snapped to the sound before screaming in surprise and slight fright seeing multiple shadow monsters entering the war field.

Suzy took a step back “W-What are they?!”

Lisa growled and immediately conjured a water sphere and throwing it harshly to them

“Shadow monsters!”


“What?!” Sandara eyes widened before going to the main control “Stop the match! Turn off the controls now!”

“J-Jisoo” Jennie stood up from her position “We got to help them!”

“Wait!”

Irene stopped her with serious eyes

“What?!” Jennie glared

“We need to evacuate the people in the stadium!”

“But!” Jennie protested but Jisoo stood up as well with hardened eyes

“She’s right, their safety is more important as some of them are elementless. Chaeyoung and the others can escape if things get rough. Officials will be getting here soon.”

Jennie bit her lip and glanced down at the stadium

“Fine.”


“W-what is happening?” Hyeri’s eyes were wide upon seeing multiple shadow monsters entering the field.

Chaeyoung clenched her fist as she slightly panted from the burst of speed earlier. She quickly saw the shadow monsters nearing towards their opponents who were paralyzed and that’s when she finally took action

“Hyeri quick! Get to them and take off the electricity in their body.”

“O-Okay”

Chaeyoung glared at the shadow monsters, there are at least half of them covering the stadium as most of the people started panicking upon seeing their form and left the stadium. She looked up and saw Jensoo as well as Joy, Irene, Wendy, and Yeri helping the other people escape while conjuring attacks to attacking monsters.

“This is a…disruption or maybe even an invasion”

“Flamethrower!”

Chaeyoung felt the strong flame by her side and saw Suzy striking the shadow monster stealthily going towards her.

“Be careful Chaeyoung! We need to get out of here!” Suzy yelled with slight concern in her eyes

Chaeyoung clenched her fist I am not running away…”

Her mind flashed back to Chittip getting hurt while they were running away…

“never again” Chaeyoung whispered, she locked eyes with Lisa who nodded and slammed her hands to the ground.

“Vine Trap!”

Chaeyoung slowly walk towards the trapped monsters that Lisa managed to hold, walking turned to a sprint and her fists now glowing a dark violet hue as she whispered

“Lightning Fist!”

Suzy and Hyeri watched in amazement as Chaeyoung took off in great speed despite going supersonic earlier, punching strongly the shadow monsters that Lisa trapped. One managed to dodge Chaeyoung’s punch and the ground quiver under her strength and created a huge hole. Chaeyoung gritted her teeth and struck her hand forward and immediately, a wave of lightning struck the shadow monster that managed to dodge her punch and even managed to obliterate at least a pair of shadow monsters behind it.

“What…is she?” Hyeri muttered in shock seeing the sudden determination of strength from her teammate as she finished taking off the paralyzation from the opponent and they immediately started evacuating the stadium along with some team members as well from Sandara’s team.

Chaeyoung jumped away and could only see at least 15 of the shadow monsters which means she managed to take down less than half of shadow monsters.

“Damn it…”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened seeing 5 speedy shadow monsters heading towards Lisa and Seulgi who was back-to-back and fending off the shadow monsters so that they won’t be able to attack the audience.

“Lisa! Seulgi! Look out!” Chaeyoung yelled and started to run towards them but a shadow monster got in her way and Chaeyoung has to uppercut it so that she could run again.

Chaeyoung bit her lip “I won’t be able to make it in time…I have to…”   Seeing that Lisa and Seulgi didn’t heard her from all the commotion…Chaeyoung let out a deep sigh before outstretching her hand while she ran towards them.

“Whoa!”

Lisa and Seulgi yelped suddenly feeling themselves being somewhat…magnetized towards a certain location. A hand gripped their belts tightly and a sigh of relief seeing that the speedy shadow monsters missed their claws on Lisa and Seulgi

Lisa gulped upon seeing those claws and could only say “We…we were saved.” Lisa looked behind her and saw Chaeyoung with closed eyes and looking away, though her hands are glowing a metallic silver and gripping their belts tightly.

“C-Chae…you’re…” Lisa’s wide eyes look up to hers and Seulgi finished up her sentence with a whispered awe

“A metal elzard…”

Seeing that their belts are made up of metal, Chaeyoung used it to magnetized the two towards her and saved them from the wrath of the shadow monsters. She looked up and locked eyes with Jisoo who was now also starting to exit along with Jennie and the others. They were also looking at Chaeyoung with shock in their eyes but Jisoo was the only one who looked at her with differently because she knows this as well.

She knew that look when Jisoo exposed her light element to all and now it’s happening to Chaeyoung now…and with her second element too. She nodded to herself since it looks like there will be another explanation for the family once again…

“Every Thief player get out of the stadium now! The council has arrived and is now preparing a full-blown attack on the stadium. I repeat all Thief players must evacuate now and let the council handle this!”

“Grab my hand” Chaeyoung just said to the two of them upon seeing Hyeri grabbing Suzy who was also looking at her with an open mouth sped away from the stadium. Seulgi and Lisa finally grabbed her hand after a few moments of silence and Chaeyoung finally ran in great speed just in time to hear an attack

“Coalesce Devastation!’


Surprise everyone! Were you all expecting that? Congratulations of anyone who theorized that Chaeyoung has the Metal element! This gets exciting as we get further into the story...though next chapter will be a filler one and the next one after that is a mix of a filler and the real story plot. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you all for your support and stay safe everyone!