New Beginnings

The Elzard

‘’Why did you come here anyway?’’

 

Chaeyoung looked at her before turning her head away to hide an embarrassed blush ‘’It’s none of your business Kim.’’ She stated coldly

 

Jennie can feel her element flaring ‘’It’s my business because you live in our house Chaeyoung.’’

 

‘’What does that have to do with me telling you everything?’’ Chaeyoung finally turned to face her with deadly eyes ‘’You’re not my protector because I can protect myself just fine, heck you’re not even my parents! So tell me why should I tell you everything I do?!’’

 

‘’Because I…’’

 

Jennie seems to be quiet before finally huffing out of frustration

 

‘’Whatever! Please let’s just get out of here!’’

 

 

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes burned in rage seeing a man harassing the person she’s been silently protecting for years.

 

 

 

‘’Don’t you ever come near her er’’

 

 

Chaeyoung watched the ert get out of her sight and felt a figure slump to her side, her reflexes immediately catching her.

 

 

Chaeyoung’s emotionless eyes stared to Jennie’s shocked ones, the older girl swiftly catching the drunk girl

 

 

‘’A minute later, and she’ll be a victim’’


‘’Why do I even have to come?’’

Hyuna sighed hearing Chaeyoung’s irritated tone, obviously not wanting to be of close proximity to her ‘’You have to if you want access to the secret library. I’ll have to input your fingerprint so that only Jisung, me, and the two of you can access it.’’

Jisoo hummed, slightly impressed ‘’Not bad security. How many spells are there anyways?’’

Hyuna smiled ‘’A lot; offensive, defensive, and even sealing techniques are in there. Me and Jisung collected it while we travel around the globe for council purposes’’

Chaeyoung’s ears perk up ‘’Sealing huh.’’ Her eyes sparkling at the idea of learning something new that made Hyuna look at her questioningly ‘’You’re interested in sealing Chaeyoung?’’

Chaeyoung stopped looking excited, remembering who she’s with ‘’Just fine. There’s not much books about sealing so I’m a bit curious’’

Hyuna felt herself smile, this is one of those rare times that Chaeyoung opens something small about her. She’s such a reserved kid ever since the Manoban parents died...and apparently only Jisoo knows the true Chaeyoung so maybe mentioning her daughter would make Chaeyoung open up a bit more to her?

 

‘’So you’re a book worm like Jisoo here?’’

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t help but chuckle ‘’I’m not even close to Jisoo-unnie’s level.’’

 

‘’Yah! I’ll rather read than overtraining myself like a certain someone.’’

 

‘’Hey, you’re the one who still goes with that certain someone when she wants to train’’

 

‘’Only because I don’t want her overworking herself…and I would still rather read books’’

 

‘’What’s stopping you?’’

 

Jisoo looked at the smirking Chaeyoung with exasperation ‘’Seriously? You’re asking me that?’’

 

‘’Just admit you’re such a worried mom.’’

 

‘’Shut up you stupid chipmunk.’’

 

They banter in their normal ways; almost forgetting Hyuna is there with them as they are in their own world.

 

‘’They have such a tight bond to each other…though it’s to be expected since they relied on each other ever since that training…’’ Hyuna looked with bitter happiness seeing Jisoo and Chaeyoung being close to each other, a bond that is expected to be formed after so many years together. 

 

‘’We’re here’’

 

Chaeyoung and Jisoo glanced at an ordinary shelf of the library. ‘’So…’’ Jisoo spoke out ‘’You’ve done great efforts to conceal it huh.’’

Hyuna looked impressed that they weren’t fooled by its appearance

‘’Let me guess,’’ Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’You’re going to pull a book and it’ll open up another metal door that needs the fingerprints for us to enter’’

Hyuna laughed lightly ‘’You almost got it Chaeyoung, but instead of pulling a book’’ Hyuna placed her palm on the center of the shelf and poured energy to it ‘’You have to place your palm at the center and pour energy to it’’

The shelf opened up, revealing another metal door just like what Chaeyoung has said. They entered the new platform and Hyuna put her fingerprint at the scanner beside the metal door. She gestured Chaeyoung and Jisoo to come to her and they followed since they’re in a different territory.

 

‘’Jisoo, give me your hand’’ 

 

Jisoo looked unsure but for the betterment of her and Chaeyoung, she hesitantly lends her hand.

 

‘’Ouch!’’

 

Hyuna almost dropped Jisoo’s hand in shock, suddenly feeling Chaeyoung’s hand at the back of her neck

 

‘’Fast’’ She thought

 

‘’What do you think you’re doing?’’ Chaeyoung growled ‘’Why did you cut Jisoo-unnie’s hand?!’’

 

‘’I need your blood so that it will recognize both of you immediately.’’ Hyuna stated calmly ‘’This is for a much tighter security.’’

 

‘’Why do you need our blood if it just needs our fingerprint?’’ Chaeyoung glared

 

‘’Because the scanner is a special one,’’ Hyuna answered ‘’When you put your fingerprint on the scanner, it will not just scan your fingerprint; but your whole being so that it recognizes only you and not someone pretending to be you or someone who might possibly cut your own finger and use it here.’’

 

‘’Chaeyoung it’s fine’’ Jisoo said ‘’She explained it, let her go.’’

 

Chaeyoung looked at Hyuna warily before finally relaxing and going back to Jisoo’s side. Hyuna, however, is getting suspicious.

 

‘’How did she suddenly get behind me without me feeling it?’’ Hyuna eyed Chaeyoung but focused on getting her daughter’s blood to the scanner

 

‘’Scan for new users’’

 

The fingerprint scanner opened up, revealing a small vacuum where the blood must be put. Hyuna put Jisoo’s hand to the glass and Jisoo flinched feeling the vacuum out her blood. After a few seconds, it was Chaeyoung’s turn. Hyuna was about to cut it on her own but was stopped by a hand

 

‘’Don’t’’ Chaeyoung said ‘’I can do it myself.’’

 

‘’She doesn’t like anyone touching her’’ Jisoo answered Hyuna’s slight confusion.

 

Hyuna slowly nodded and watch Chaeyoung bit her own fingertip to draw blood, placing it to the vacuum. She didn’t show any reaction like Jisoo as the vacuum her blood.

 

When they were done, Hyuna gave them a nod as the metal door finally opened. Chaeyoung and Jisoo watched in awe seeing another mini library inside. There are books and scrolls around the 3 walls, the only wall that doesn’t have books is the wall where the metal door is placed. A small training ground is also on the middle for practicing.

 

‘’You can find spells categorized in different elements,’’ Hyuna started explaining ‘’The first wall is for the basic elements, and each element has sub categories for offensive and defensive techniques. The second wall is for the secondary elements and they also have sub categories of their own.’’ She watch Chaeyoung come closer to the third wall with interest ‘’And the third wall is for sealing techniques, though they’re not much since sealing techniques are not that known in the Elzard world so that’s all the sealing techniques we’ve collected up until now.’’

 

‘’Have you learned every technique in this part of the library?’’ Jisoo asked

 

Hyuna laughed ‘’We wish, though we know most of it. We just don’t have enough time to train much especially since…’’ Hyuna quietened down

 

Jisoo raised her eyebrow ‘’Ever since what?’’

 

Hyuna just let out a forced smile ‘’since council business has gotten serious last year.’’

 

 Chaeyoung felt her jaw clench at the mention of the council ‘’Is that so…’’ She said sourly

 

‘’Well, speaking of the council’’ Hyuna looked at her watch ‘’I better get going. I’ll leave you two here okay? And please don’t overwork yourself especially since the both of you are…’’ She hesitated for a bit

 

‘’Elementless…’’

 

‘’Don’t worry about us’’ Jisoo said ‘’I’ll take care of Chaeyoung here if she overworks herself again.’’ She sent Chaeyoung a teasing smile

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes ‘’Whatever.’’

 

Hyuna smiled; she desperately wants to kiss the two girls at the forehead in a show of affection but she better not push her luck for now. ‘’Take care you two, don’t forget you have P.E class in a few hours so don’t tire yourself out too much.’’

 

Jisoo nodded before letting out a hesitant ‘’…Mom,’’

 

Hyuna’s heart skipped a beat as she stopped abruptly to look at Jisoo with wide eyes as if not sure if her ears have gone deaf

 

‘’Thank you for letting us know about this.’’

 

Hyuna can feel tears b to her eyes as she choked out ‘’A-anything for you my daughters…’’ With an inhale of strength, Hyuna gave them a loving smile before hurriedly getting out of there because she’s getting late.

 

‘’You’re really too soft’’

 

Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung with a small sad smile ‘’I can’t help it’’ She said softly ''Even though she and father focuses on Jennie and Lisa, at least she genuinely cares for some time in the past...''

 

Chaeyoung shook her head as she picked up a scroll ‘’It’s something that I really admire and hate about you at the same time.’’

 

‘’They’re still my family…’’

 

‘’I know,’’ Chaeyoung whispered ‘’That’s why we haven’t left them already.’’

 

Jisoo giggled and punched Chaeyoung jokingly at the arm ‘’Don’t act like a tough cookie. You’re still here to keep your promise remember?’’

 

‘’I know.’’

 

‘’That means you still care about them that's why you're always pushing yourself to get stronger everyday.’’ Jisoo smiled at her

 

‘’…’’

 

Jisoo happily took that silence as a yes and grabbed a book for herself, feeling lighter than ever with Chaeyoung next to her who is already practicing her new spell.


‘’Hey class! I’m Sandara Park, your P.E and weapons training professor’’ A rather younger-looking professor beamed at them as students gawk at how small and young their teacher is

 

Lisa smiled excitedly ‘’Yah boss!’’ She waved happily ‘’I didn’t know you’re going to teach’’

 

Sandara, in a burst of speed, bonked Lisa in the head with a scary looking smile ‘’Ms. Sandara or Ms. Park would be better don’t you think Ms. Manoban?’’ She smiled sweetly ‘’Or would you prefer staying for an extra hours at the tryouts?’’

 

Lisa sweated badly, despite Sandara’s innocent looks, she is a scary coach to mess with. She could still remember how she felt so dehydrated after practicing her sports for weeks. She swore she could drink a whole river because of how dry she felt that time.

 

‘’N-No, Ma’am. I’m good.’’ Lisa stuttered

 

Jennie chuckled ‘’Don’t worry about her Ms. Sandara, I’m sure she won’t mind extra training hours’’ She sent a horrified Lisa a taunting smirk

 

Sandara laughed before patting Lisa at the back ‘’That’s why she’s my best player’’ She grinned at Lisa ‘’I can’t wait to see you on tryouts.’’

 

Lisa just gulped, still scared at her coach ‘’O-of course I’ll be there. Seulgi will be with me’’

 

Sandara walked towards Seulgi who gave her a laidback smile ‘’You’re as cute as a bear Seulgi~’’ Sandara cooed at her making Seulgi blush a bit ‘’Don’t tire yourself too much at the tryouts okay?’’ Sandara ruffled her hair

 

‘’I can take care of myself unnie don’t worry’’ Seulgi giggled

 

‘’Yah! That’s so unfair!’’ Lisa pouted

 

Sandara raised a challenging eyebrow at her in which Lisa finally zip ‘’So if you guys are wondering,’’ Sandara turned to the whole class ‘’I’m also the handler of the Thief’s team.’’

 

They looked at her with amazement ‘’Wow, you must be extremely athletic and strong to be a handler of a sport’s team while also being a professor in two subjects.’’ Yeri commented

 

Sandara chuckled ‘’Not to be bragging, but sports are running in my blood. I consider weapons training as sports too and they can be fun.’’ Most of the students sweat-dropped. Who would think that someone considers playing with weapons as sports? Apparently only their weird but beautiful professor.

 

‘’What are your elements Ms?’’ Joy asked

 

‘’I’m a user of Metal and Water’’ Sandara grinned ‘’I’m quite good at weapons so my Metal element was really triggered since most weapons here in our world are made by metal which is used as the base.’’

 

‘’Anyways!’’ Sandara clapped and immediately, all the students have a metal ring strapped on their ankles

 

‘’I’m going to test your physique and ability to work well with others which is actually a requirement for P.E. Can't have you all tiring yourself out and being a bad team player while you're fighting for your survival’’ Sandara said cheerfully as if her wordings aren't scary at all ‘’The metal ring attached to your ankle reacts only to a certain person in this whole class. I want to see if you could find your partner by yourself, and when you do find your partner’’ Sandara stands at the starting line ‘’Start running from here and run at least 5 laps. First pair who crossed the finish line gets extra lessons for the next meeting which is sword training.’’

 

Lisa looked around and saw Irene being attached to Wendy, the two already giving happy smiles to each other. Then Yeri who was paired off with another random student that apparently has a crush on her which is why she’s giving dagger looks to Sandara.

 

Hope began to fill her heart to and looked for Seulgi, but was crushed to see her paired off with a comical crying Joy

 

‘’But I want my Rosie chipmunk to be my partner!’’ Joy cried as Chaeyoung ignored her cries and Seulgi just giggled at her silliness.

 

Then Lisa stood next to Jennie and looked down to see their metal ring not being magnetized to each other ‘’Awww I thought we could partner up.’’ Lisa pouted ‘’We have the best chance of finishing this quickly. I thought you’re the only one who’ll be paired with me since the others already have theirs.’’

 

Jennie snickered ‘’It’s fine; It doesn’t matter who my partner is. I’m going to carry them until we get to the finish line first’’ She smirked with a competitive tone

 

‘’Not until I beat you first!’’

 

Jisoo started to get nervous and said ‘’Chaeyoungie…are we,’’

 

Chaeyoung sighed and shook her head, looking at Jisoo with a bit of pity in her eyes ‘’I’m sorry unnie. We’re not partners.’’

 

Jisoo’s shoulders slumped ‘’Then who are our partners?’’

 

Chaeyoung sighed again and just grabbed Jisoo’s hands before walking towards a specific pair

 

Lisa is starting to get nervous because the others are already starting to run around the field then in her peripheral vision, she saw Chaeyoung and Jisoo holding hands, but what surprised her is that they stopped in front of her and Jennie

 

‘’What do you want?’’ Lisa asked, a bit annoyed.

 

Chaeyoung said nothing, and just walked closer to Lisa with that emotionless eyes. Lisa’s heart started beating faster because of how close Chaeyoung is with her so she spoke again, but stuttering

 

‘’W-what are you doing?!’’

 

CLANK

 

Lisa stopped breathing and when she looked down, she saw her and Chaeyoung’s metal ring attached to each other tightly.

 

‘’Let’s go.’’

 

Lisa heard Chaeyoung who just nonchalantly started to walk but can’t take another step because Lisa is not moving.

 

Jensoo is staring at them in shock at what just happened ‘’W-what?!’’ Jennie shrieked ‘’You two are partners?!’’

 

Chaeyoung is trying to remain calm as she answered ‘’Obviously.’’ Chaeyoung glanced at Lisa who was still not moving so she has no choice but to grab her hands ‘’I said let’s go. I want to get this over with.’’

 

Lisa finally snapped out of her stupor and harshly snatch her hand away from Chaeyoung’s hold ‘’What kind of sick joke is this?!’’ She said angrily.

 

Chaeyoung’s patience is running thin now ‘’Ask your coach for that pabo’’ She said irritatingly

 

‘’Who are you calling stupid?!’’

 

Lisa yelped feeling her trapped right foot being forced to walk forward but because of the suddenness, she began to fall in a weird angle.

 

But an arm gently caught her and made her regain her balance. Lisa in a breath seeing Chaeyoung so up close to her; Her fluttering eyes and soft cheeks that made Lisa want to reach out and touch it once again after so many years of being closed off to her, not to mention this is the first time in her life that she and Chaeyoung are in close proximity to each other,

 

‘’S-she…still looks…’’ Lisa gulped ‘’cute..but deadlier’’

 

Chaeyoung looked at Lisa weirdly seeing her just staring at her face ‘’Don’t you want that extra lessons in sword training?’’ She bluntly asked

 

‘’Of course I do!’’ Lisa glared

 

‘’Then stop gawking like an idiot and let’s run those laps.’’

 

Lisa rolled her eyes ‘’We’re probably a little too late for that. Others are already finishing their first lap.’’

 

‘’And if you could move your feet, we can catch up.’’ Chaeyoung said and grabbed Lisa’s waist ‘’Let’s go’’

 

‘’W-what are you doing!?’’ Lisa blushed excessively. No one touches her like that!

 

‘’It’ll be faster this way. Don’t worry about me’’ Chaeyoung said ‘’Run like you’re on your own and I’ll adjust’’

 

Lisa scoffed ‘’Don’t blame me if you trip.’’

 

Jennie watched with clenched fists seeing Lisa being so close with Chaeyoung as they started to run. ‘’Where is that partner of mine’’ Jennie grumbled then glanced at Jisoo whose face is finally into realization.

 

‘’And what are you still doing here?’’ Jennie said savagely

 

Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung who was already running in pace with Lisa and looking at her with a knowing look that made Jisoo finally understand why Chaeyoung dragged her.

 

‘’Hey!’’ Jennie yelled and stepping closer to Jisoo ‘’I’m talking to yo-‘’

 

CLANK

 

Jennie watched with horrified eyes seeing her metal ring attach to Jisoo’s ‘’Lisa’s right…this has got to be a sick joke’’

 

‘’We have no choice unless we want to fail this subject’’ Jisoo said before giving Jennie a teasing smirk ‘’Let’s go Jendeukie, I don’t want to drag your limp body all over the field.’’

 

Jennie’s eyes turned fire as she seethed ‘’I’ll show you!’’

 

For the first time in Jisoo's life, she's glad that Jennie hates her since it's driving her to finish this race faster than before. ''Better get this over with'' She thought, and with that; the two sisters began running rapidly.


Lisa looked at Chaeyoung with a bit of awe in her eyes; She was really keeping up with her and they’re already in toe-to-toe with Joy and Seulgi who are actually leading the laps! 

 

‘’Wow Rosie I didn’t know you have such a good physical health’’ Joy purred, raking her eyes up and down to Chaeyoung’s body ‘’Want to get physical?’’ She said with a cat-like smile

 

Lisa glared at Joy and once again, Chaeyoung ignored Joy as they started running faster and closer to Joy and Seulgi

 

‘’Not bad Lisa’’ Seulgi winked

 

‘’I’m not the star player for nothing’’ Lisa grinned

 

Joy reached out and touched Chaeyoung’s arm ‘’Wow! You really work out don’t you?’’ Joy said in amazement.

 

Chaeyoung’s eyebrow twitched and finally gave Joy a warning glare ‘’Touch me again and I’ll cut off your hand’’ She said coldly

 

‘’Yet you’re touching Lisa on the waist’’ Joy pouted ‘’That’s so unfair. Why do you not touch my waist like that?’’ Joy said with bitterness that made Lisa let out a subtle smirk to the giant. 

 

‘’Because you’re not my partner’’ Chaeyoung said bluntly that made Lisa’s heart skip a beat and look at her with a growing blush on her face

 

‘’But she hates you’’ Joy smirked at Lisa who glared at Joy with all the annoyance in her body

 

‘’I don’t care.’’ Chaeyoung replied ‘’I just want to get this over with.’’

 

Joy laughed ‘’Ha! I knew it! You still hate her and you’re just being forced to partner up with her because of this metal rings.’’ She smirked

 

Chaeyoung stayed quiet while Lisa looked a bit hurt that Chaeyoung’s not denying nor agreeing to what Joy’s said making her feel confused on why she's feeling this way to the person she hates. Chaeyoung glanced fleetly to Lisa who seems to be slowing down, her thoughts going deeper probably thinking about what Joy said.

 

‘’Yah,’’ Lisa looked at Chaeyoung whose eyes look so hypnotizing that made Lisa want to look deeper in her eyes.

 

‘’Let’s finish this as winners.’’

 

Lisa blinked and nodded, then she felt a burst of energy as suddenly...

 

They’re zapping way ahead of a surprised Joy and Seulgi and started going around the field so fast that others students who are running and sweating like crazy looked at the two with an awe look seeing how fast they run.

 

‘’W-what?”’ Jennie sputtered out ‘’How are they running so fast?!’’

 

Jisoo shrugged ‘’Beats me,’’ Then she nudged Jennie at the arm ‘’Can you go a bit slower please?”’ She said with sarcasm in her voice ‘’I swear we’re going to be dead last by this pace we are in, and we’ve just finished two laps while the two over there are already on their final lap.’’

 

‘’I am so not going to be called dead last’’ Jennie scowled ‘’You’re the dead last here.’’

 

Jisoo grinned ‘’Then you better get your feet moving.’’

 

‘’Grab my waist’’

 

Jisoo looked surprised at what Jennie said who is sporting a prideful scowl in her face

 

‘’Just grab it!’’ Jennie yelled that Jisoo reluctantly placed her hand on her sister’s waist.

 

Jennie started running faster and Jisoo picked up the pace also, but what she noticed differently is the other runners that they are passing through are suddenly stumbling and losing their balance. Jisoo looked at Jennie who has a hidden smirk on her face

 

‘’Very clever Jendeukie’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’Using your Earth element to make them lose their balance. Very clever indeed.’’

 

‘’Of course, I’m not stupid like you’’ Jennie mocked Jisoo that she didn’t notice an uneven area that they’re running to.

 

‘’Ah!’’

 

Jennie screamed as her feet got caught on the uneven area that they run into. A firm grip on her waist stopped her from completely falling while her hand grabbed to Jisoo’s shoulder tightly.

 

‘’Don’t worry Jendeukie,’’ Jisoo gave her a caring smile ‘’I got you.’’

 

Jennie quietly got back into position, her pride hurting because Jisoo just saved her from embarrassing herself so she muttered quietly while they were running

 

‘’…Thank you’’

 

Jisoo just let out a small smile and answered by giving a nod to her; The two sisters on their way to finish the lap that somehow fixed a small crack of their bond.


Sandara looked in surprised seeing Chaelisa breezing through the laps and they’re almost finished now. Sandara felt something spark and looked around, confused at where that came from that she almost didn’t notice Lisa’s loud cheer

 

‘’Alright we did it!’’

 

Lisa jumped up and down making Chaeyoung jump also. ‘’Yah stop it!’’’ Chaeyoung spoke up, panting a bit ‘’Aren’t you almost out of energy now? The field is big you know and yet you’re jumping around like an excited baby.’’

 

Lisa just grinned making Chaeyoung a bit surprise at the huge lack of hostility in it that she almost misses child Lisa’s natural smile. Chaeyoung's eyes softened a bit seeing this side of Lisa ''I...I missed this Lisa...''  She thought almost sadly before shaking her head and going back to her stoic self.

 

Thankfully Sandara walked closer to them with a proud smile ‘’Impressive, I do expect you to come out on top Ms. Lisa’’ Lisa just smiled proudly then Sandara looked at Chaeyoung with slight interest

 

‘’However, this is the first time I’ve seen you work hard like that Ms. Chaeyoung.’’ Sandara praised ‘’You should keep it up.’’

 

‘’I carried her throughout this race Ma’am. Don’t bother’’ Lisa said, going back to her hostile attitude to Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and just said ‘’Now can you please remove this metal ring? I want to drink some water now if you would let me.’’

 

Sandara nodded and with a snap of her fingers, Lisa and Chaeyoung’s metal ring disappeared. Lisa felt Chaeyoung move away from her and almost missed the warmth that the older girl provided but she buried those feelings deep inside her.

 

‘’I’ll teach you two some extra lessons on our next meeting as I’ve promised.’’ Sandara said. Chaeyoung nodded and walked away to get bottles of water. Lisa looked at Chaeyoung, a bit of longing in her eyes as she shook her head ‘’No Lisa, you hate her remember that. She’s the reason why you’re parentless right now.’’

 

However no matter how much Lisa reminded herself that, she can’t deny the hurt that she felt when Chaeyoung didn’t deny nor accept Joy’s accusation….as well as the slight joy and that feeling of home when Chaeyoung touched her. She swallowed the lump in when memories from the past suddenly came back to her, her heart yearning for that closeness once again and to bring back that feeling...however her hate and anger is still bigger than she thought..

 

Jennie almost plopped to the finish line as she and Jisoo finished in third place, with Joy and Seulgi on second place. Jisoo wanted to plop also but she kept a strong façade despite having sweats showering down all over her face and body.

 

‘’Jichu.’’

 

Jisoo looked up and saw Chaeyoung giving her a towel and bottled water. She smiled and whispered ‘’Thanks Chaeyoungie’’ Chaeyoung just gave a half smile and saw Jennie also looking at her with burning eyes. ‘’Is there something wrong?’’ She asked with raised eyebrows.

Jennie waited for a moment but when nothing happened, she just scowled at the same time Sandara came over to congratulate them

‘’Impressive you two!’’ Sandara then eyed Jennie with a knowing smile ‘’Even though you used your element to finish quick’’

‘’Is it not allowed?’’ Jennie asked

Sandara laughed ‘’I didn’t even said that it’s not allowed. I’m surprised some of your classmates aren’t using it at all.’’

‘’Then please let me out of this metal ring’’ Jennie said before eyeing the two girls that she’s living with ‘’I really want to get away from where I am right now.’’

Sandara nodded and made Jennie and Jisoo’s metal ring disappear. Jennie stomped angrily away from them making Sandara look at her with amusement

‘’What’s her problem?’’

Jisoo shrugged and grabbed the offered towel from Chaeyoung to dry herself up ‘’Must be on her period. I heard fire user’s period are really scary, and moodier.’’ Jisoo joked making Chaeyoung and Sandara chuckle at that.

‘’You’re funny Ms. Jisoo’’ Sandara said then looked at Chaeyoung ‘’You two are close?’’

Chaeyoung nodded ‘’We are.’’

Jisoo just smiled at that, glad to have Chaeyoung’s attention on her now after seeing her and Lisa getting a bit closer than she thought.

‘’Well,’’ Jisoo looked at the ranting Jennie with a curious Lisa listening to her ‘’I think we may have fixed some cracks on our bond…’’

And Jisoo hoped that deep inside, maybe this is the start of new beginnings. Then she looked at Chaeyoung who is also starting to dry herself up with another fresh towel. Chaeyoung caught Jisoo’s eyes and gave her a reassuring smile that made Jisoo’s heart burst with happiness and contentment.

‘’New beginnings…’’


I'm back! So I'm sorry for the week long wait but here's the chapter! Still busy since midterms are around the corner but hey! I try to write at least one scene or even a whole chapter every night that I'm available. I hope all of you are enjoying this cute moments at this chapter! Don't want to get too serious at the beginning but don't worry! Things will escalate along the way. Hope you enjoy this chapter!