Bargain

The Elzard

‘’Chaeyoung get up’’

 

Chaeyoung struggled to get up and winced at the burn she’s feeling at her left arm. She held it and from the touch itself, she knew she’s bleeding. Chaeyoung looked at Jisung’s stern eyes while whispering weakly

 

‘’I…I can’t anymore.’’

 

Jennie scoffed ‘’This is way too easy daddy. Why won’t you let me fight Lisa instead? At least it’s more exciting than…’’ She clenched her fist, not wanting to say anything to the girl she just beat up quite easily. Thankfully her dad spoke up soon after.

 

‘’You have to get stronger endurance if you’re going to the Elzard Academy as an elementless’’ Jisung’s strict voice made Chaeyoung flinch.

 

‘’Daddy please…she had enough’’

 

Jisung turned to his eldest, who was also battered up and her whole form wet; Obviously from her earlier fight with Lisa. ‘’Fine.’’ He said harshly ‘’But after an hour resting, the four of you will be facing each other. Jennie and Lisa against you and Chaeyoung.’’

 

Jisoo looked at his father in shock, even Hyuna ‘’A-are you serious?!’’

 

‘’Weakling’’ Jennie snickered to her sister and was about to approach Chaeyoung and help her get up but once again, her sister beat her to it. She gritted her teeth and stomped towards Lisa’s side who’s simply swirling her water element out of thin air, ignoring everything around her.

‘’You know,’’ Lisa suddenly said ‘’I don’t get why daddy tried to make Jisoo and her train with us. It’s just a waste of time.’’

‘’I know.’’ Jennie grumbled ‘’They should just stop training, they’ll just hurt themselves even more and get in our way.’’ She was about to speak more but her father’s shout caught their attention really quick as they looked at the commotion between Jisung and his eldest.

 

‘’If you want to get stronger, you need to overcome every obstacles that you will face!’’

 

Jisoo looked at his father with a glare ‘’You can’t make us fight with them! You know we’re elementless and we’re doing our best to catch up! But having us fight against them will do nothing but make us more battered and that means we can’t learn until we regain our strength again!’’

 

Jisung’s eyes hardened, this is the first time Jisoo yelled at him

 

‘’Watch your tone Kim Jisoo!’’ He said harshly ‘’Your enemy won’t always be weaker than you! They will be unpredictable and strong enough to even kill you! If you’re complaining about just facing with your sister and Lisa, then you should just stop training!’’

 

Jisoo took a step back, looking hurt at the hurl of words and gritted her teeth ‘’It’s not complaining! It’s called common sense! You can’t just make us already face something that is obviously out of our league! It takes time to get stronger, and making us face them instead of enhancing our own energy is just overkill! Look at me and Chaeyoung! Do you think we’re already improving by just getting beat up them?! At least mother is kind enough to let us rest but you…’’ Jisoo angrily said with fire in her teary eyes as she shouted

 

‘’What kind of father are you?!’’ 

 

Jisung exploded in flames that made even Lisa sweat in fear, and mind you Lisa is a water user. Jisung slowly walked towards his daughter and looked at her coldly, seeing some of his facial features in his eldest that made him clench his fist

 

‘’If you think you’re not good enough for this,’’ He said coldly despite his element being fire ‘’Then get out. Get out of this training ground and come back when you realize your mistake of what you just said to me. Be thankful your mother is here or I’ll really lose my temper on you ’’

 

Jisoo desperately fought back her tears and a voice spoke softly to her

 

‘’Jichu-unnie…’’

 

Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung who gave her a knowing look despite half of her body having burns and bruises. She knew that look and she knows Chaeyoung will support her no matter what.

 

Jisoo grabbed Chaeyoung and put her arm around her shoulders, looking at her calming dad with her mother beside her. Then she glanced behind them seeing Jennie and Lisa staring at them, as if waiting on what they’ll decide.

 

Jisoo turned around and walked away, but before she could fully step out of the underground training ground, she said loudly enough for them to hear

 

‘’Don’t expect us to come back in this place. We’ll train ourselves’’ Jisoo looked coldly behind her ‘’We’ll get stronger together, without your help.’’

 

And that was the day Jisoo and Chaeyoung deliberately cut off their hearts to them…


 

‘’Jisoo honey…’’

 

Jisoo looked up from the book she’s reading at the family library, blinking as if not sure she’s seeing the person she’s looking at right now. Nevertheless, she answered

‘’What is it mother?’’

Hyuna can still feel the hurt in her heart at the detached tone of her daughter’s voice ‘’It’s been years…I’m sure you and Chaeyoung have your own elements now’’

Jisoo raised her eyebrows ‘’No, we're still elementless and if you think you want us to go back there then no.'' She looked at her mother blankly in the eyes ''We’re fine on our own. We graduated high school without your help, and we can bet on it again that we'll graduate in college without your help as well.’’ She answered before returning to read her book.

 

‘’Please honey…I missed you’’

 

‘’I don’t’’

 

Hyuna sat beside her that made Jisoo sigh and tried to not let the annoyance show in her face

 

‘’Where’s Chaeyoung?’’

 

‘’Out.’’

 

‘’What is she doing outside?’’

 

‘’Something that’s none of your business’’

 

‘’Honey please…I’m trying to reach out to you while I’m here’’ Hyuna tried to touch Jisoo’s hand but the latter quickly noticed it and stood up to back away

 

‘’Mother, how many times do I have to say it?’’ Jisoo said in a passive tone ‘’We’re fine on our own. You don’t need to force yourself to care.’’

 

‘’But I do care honey…’’ Hyuna whispered ‘’I just…I just want to see how my daughter is doing, as well as Chaeyoung.’’

 

‘’Do I have to repeat it?’’ Jisoo said irritatingly ‘’I said we’re fine. We graduated high school on our own okay?’’

 

‘’And I want to know how you graduated’’ Hyuna said with determination; she knows in her heart that Jisoo and Chaeyoung have already found their element but are not showing it. She and Jisung has been busy with the council especially since there’s been a rising problem for a year now so they’re not mostly at home. They’ve been all over the magic realm to resolve problems, and they also encountered some monsters that got them even busier on knowing what they are.

‘’By training on our own’’ Jisoo said bluntly cutting of Hyuna’s thoughts

‘’I know that…and I want to know how strong you are tomorrow when you get home from school’’ Hyuna said ‘’If you do…I’ll let you know a secret chamber that only me and Jisung knows in this family library that’s filled with different spells of different elements’’

Jisoo raised her eyebrows and Hyuna cheered inwardly seeing the interested look in her daughter’s face ‘’Why does Jennie and Lisa don’t know about it?’’ Jisoo asked suspiciously

‘’We are planning to, in Christmas which is a few months from now.’’ Hyuna said ‘’It won’t be so bad if you and Chaeyoung know about it much earlier.’’

Jisoo looked deep in thought

‘’Please Jisoo honey…I just want to see how strong you and Chaeyoung are now’’ Hyuna pleaded ‘’The both of you are still my daughters’’

‘’We’re not strong like what you’re thinking’’ Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows ‘’We barely passed remember?’’

‘’I still want to see your powers dear…please just let me have the knowledge that you’re doing good and that you can defend yourself.’’ Jisoo’s eyes softened a bit, not seeing her mother plead with her with something before it narrowed

‘’…Fine. Don’t worry about Chaeyoung, I’ll convince her. I’m sure if you or father come close to her like this, she wouldn’t like it…very much so.’’

Jisoo stiffened as her mother launched at her and gave her a tight hug. Hyuna almost cried at finally being able to hug her daughter after so many years, almost a decade even since she hugged Jisoo like this.

 

Hyuna felt Jisoo not hugging back which made her disappointed a bit before letting go of the hug to smile at her tearfully

 

‘’You’ve grown up so much…you’re a woman now’’ Hyuna stated so proudly that it made Jisoo look away, a small blush on her face

 

‘’Whatever. Please, let me read my book now.’’

 

Hyuna nodded and gave her another quick hug before leaving her daughter in the library

 

Jisoo watched her mother leave and sigh as she whispers to herself

 

‘’What have I gotten myself into?’’

 

She’s sure Chaeyoung would have a fit when she tells her about this


‘’No.’’

Jisoo sighed, she expected that and began to convince her.

‘’Chaeyoung listen to me first’’

Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo sharply ‘’I said no Jichu. There is no way in hell that we’ll face the two of them again after what? Almost a decade? We won’t risk it. I won’t let you’’

‘’Chaeyoung listen to me, there’s a catch here’’

‘’No matter what they offer, I won’t bite’’ Chaeyoung said coldly ‘’Don’t tell me you bit it?’’

‘’Chaeyoungie…’’

Chaeyoung sighed hearing her one of her nicknames from Jisoo’s mouth. She visibly relaxed since she’s tense when Jisoo mentioned her mother talking to Jisoo early in the morning at the library

‘’I…I just don’t get it Jichu. You’re the one who said that we’ll never get their help ever again. We’re in this together right? We don’t need their help’’

‘’Chaeyoungie, think of it as more of a gain to our side’’ Jisoo said ‘’If we showed them that we can last longer than the fight years ago, we can get an earlier access to the library’s secret chambers that contains different spell of different elements. We can learn more if we can get access to it and might even get busier…’’

Chaeyoung’s face lit up in realization ‘’And busier also means more time away from here’’

Jisoo nodded ‘’And away from the constant jeers and mockery. Who knows? Maybe the secret chamber has its own training ground as well.’’

Chaeyoung look conflicted but finally sighed and nodded defeatedly

‘’Fine. Tomorrow it is then.’’


History, one of the subjects that Lisa hated because she always falls asleep. She just doesn’t get it; Why go back in the past when it already happened? What’s the need of knowing the past when she has the future to prepare for?

‘’I hate the past…’’ Lisa sighed and looked at the ceiling. She hates it so much. She hates that her birthday is also the day her parents died. She hates how her heart is clenching in hurt and hate every time she sees the one person she really considered close to her heart. She hates how she couldn’t let go of this hate and just move on from it…and it’s all because of remembering the past.

 

In other words, Lisa really hates history

 

Lisa yawned ‘’Christ even just entering the classroom is already making me fall asleep’’

 

Jennie snickered ‘’You shouldn’t or else the professor will kick your ’’ She said smugly

 

Lisa snorted at that ‘’He can try, dad can beat whoever will kick my if I did lose’’ She said almost arrogantly. 

 

Jennie laughed ‘’Oh just wait and see’’ Her eyes twinkling with something that Lisa's doesn't know. Lisa is about to question it but the door of the classroom opened once again making her look and saw one girl she didn't want to see especially in this subject.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo entered the classroom at the same time…with Joy clinging again to Chaeyoung’s arm while Wendy is talking animatedly to Jisoo

‘’Really?! She said that to you!?’’ Wendy said in awe, her eyes wide in surprise

Jisoo shushed her ‘’Wendy! Not out loud!’’ She glared, her eyes wide and motioning to Jennie and Lisa whose looking at them intently

‘’Oh sorry’’ Wendy said sheepishly before looking behind her to wink at someone

Jisoo rolled her eyes ‘’Please don’t tell you’re going to say something…’’

 

‘’Yah Bae Irene! You look like an angel from above! I love you!’’

 

‘’Greasy…’’ Jisoo groaned looking behind her to see Irene blushing and sputtering

 

‘’W-wha?! Wan-ah!’’

 

Wendy laughed out loud seeing her girlfriend’s reaction ‘’So fun to tease your girlfriend’’ Wendy chuckled to herself, enjoying Irene’s blushing face but whipped eyes at her

Wendy glanced at Jisoo then to an irritated Chaeyoung who’s telling Joy to stop pulling her arm ‘’Well Jisoo?’’ Her eyes wiggled that made Jisoo pinch her while giving her the murderous look

‘’Say one more thing Son Wendy and I’m going to tell Irene about that one time you accidentally said I love you to me because you thought I was her’’ Jisoo threatened

Wendy’s eyes widened and gulped, and as if Irene has super sharp hearing; Irene turned to Wendy, raising an eyebrow at her. Wendy shakily gave her a smile and thumbs-up before giving the Jisoo the ‘Please don’t’ look.

 

Jisoo snickered but nodded

 

It’s fun messing with her friends

 

‘’Why don’t you just be my girlfriend already Rosie’’ Joy pouted ‘’I’m getting jealous how Wendy-unnie and Irene-unnie keeps sending heart eyes every day.’’

Wendy is holding her laughter back seeing Chaeyoung’s restrain on throwing Joy to the wall ‘’You know, sometimes I’m amazed at how much patience Chaeyoung has.’’ She said

‘’You have no idea’’ Jisoo muttered. At first, she was really jealous on how Joy kept clinging on to Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung just lets her. From Chaeyoung’s words, she still tries but she’s this close to giving up and letting Joy do what she wants. The resilience that Park Joy has in flirting to Chaeyoung is very outstanding, almost admirable to an extent, and maybe that's why Chaeyoung is letting Joy cling to her like that but hey; Chaeyoung still tries to tell Joy to back off but the girl really doesn't know to take the words 'Stay away'. Still, a year has passed, and Jisoo could safely say that Joy is not someone Chaeyoung will give her heart to.

 

But that still doesn’t stop her from holding her bag tighter than before

 

‘’Rosieeeee~’’

 

Chaeyoung sat down and turned to Joy who kept calling her name ‘’What?’’ She said tiredly after her earlier battle of thoughts because of the upcoming training later and with Joy still pestering her....

 

Yeah Chaeyoung is tired already

 

‘’Smile for me please! I want to take a cute picture of my very own chipmunk!’’

 

Lisa’s ears perk at that, remembering a particular moment

 

‘’Hey!’’ Lisa swatted Jennie’s hand away ‘’That’s my chipmunk cheeks to pinch!’’

 

‘’Chipmunk huh,’’ Lisa stared at the oblivious Chaeyoung that’s still restraining her annoyance to Joy. She observed how despite being grown up now, Chaeyoung’s cheek still remains as fluffy as ever. Her hands twitch, as if wanting something to do about it. ‘’So…she lets Joy call her chipmunk’’ She thought almost bitterly. That was her nickname to Chaeyoung after…

 

Lisa shook her head, what was she thinking?

 

She hates her!

 

‘’Joy, don’t you dare’’ Lisa heard Chaeyoung’s warning so she looked at them again and what she saw made her feel a rush of anger and bitterness

 

Joy reached out to touch Chaeyoung’s cheek softly and massaged it, enjoying its fluffiness and softness that made Chaeyoung’s eyes widen and drop in shock at how unusually soft Joy is touching her cheek right now. Heck the whole classroom watched in shock seeing Joy being unusually soft to her favorite target.

 

''Wow Rosie,'' Joy muttered, liking the way Chaeyoung's cheek fit to her palm ''You're so soft...''

 

Jisoo didn’t know whether to slap Joy’s hand away or take a picture of Chaeyoung’s usual cold face into this meme looking one. However, Wendy is already taking pictures of this and is laughing out of her mind

‘’Oh God! This is the first time I saw Chaeyoung going into a state of shock because of Joy!’’ Wendy cackled that made Jisoo glare at her that tells her to shut up, in which she did but she was still snickering.

‘’What the ?!’’ Jennie seethed, her fingertips flickering flames seeing how close Joy is to Chaeyoung. Not to mention this is the first time Chaeyoung reacted strongly to what Joy initiated. Jennie clenched her fist and didn’t know why she has the urge to push Park Joy out of her seat and set her to flames. With that conviction in her mind, she was about to stand up and do it but another person made her go into a state of shock

 

SLAP

 

Joy hissed in pain, already sensing a bruise on her hand. It was a sharp slap on the hand as if a wet cloth was whipped at her. She stood up and glared at the offender before taking a step back in surprise as she said

 

‘’Lisa?’’

 

‘’…’’ Lisa cursed, she didn’t know why but her body had a mind on its own okay? The moment she saw Joy caressing Chaeyoung’s cheeks, she already stood up and was already marching towards Chaeyoung and Joy. She felt guilty at the extreme satisfaction she felt seeing Joy’s hiss of pain at her slap. However, she didn’t think it through too much…like Chaeyoung’s reaction to her sudden deed.

 

Lisa gulped, judging from Jisoo’s narrowed eyes at her; She knows Chaeyoung’s expression would be far worse. So she decided not to face her and just stare at Joy’s surprised look

 

‘’Stop causing a scene; It’s interrupting my nap’’ Lisa said coolly

 

Joy raised her eyebrow ‘’I don’t know why me caressing my chipmunk’s cheek is interrupting your nap when it doesn’t have any sound at all’’ She snarked back

 

Lisa’s nose flared at the comeback but before she could utter a word, the door of the classroom opened

 

‘’Now why are you looking like you’re going to kill someone Lisa?’’

 

Lisa turned at the newcomer and almost sputtered ‘’D-dad?!’’

 

Jisung chuckled ‘’Call me Prof for now dear. We’re in school’’

 

Lisa looked at Jennie who was just winking at her. ‘’She knew’’ Lisa rolled her eyes, so that’s why Jennie said to wait and see. It was their dad that was going to teach them history so Lisa has definitely no choice but to listen.

 

Chaeyoung and Jisoo frowned seeing their dad as their History teacher.

 

‘’Great…just great’’ Chaeyoung growled in her mind. Another person that she despise on her list is now in the classroom as well.

 

‘’My favorite subject being led by him of all people. This is going to be so fun.’’ Jisoo thought in sarcasm

 

‘’So we won’t take long’’ Jisung said cheerfully ‘’Just going to discuss a few things here and there, then I’ll sent you all packing.’’

 

Jisung looked around, his eyes lingering on his four daughters; Though more on Chaeyoung and Jisoo who looked back at him with a hint of hate.

 

‘’So Jisoo,’’ He started calling his eldest, curious on how Jisoo handles her school. ‘’Why do you think History is important?’’

 

Jisoo stood up and answered immediately, wanting to get this over with ‘’History is important because knowing the origin of the Elzard world will make us learn more about the different elements. How they are casted from way before up until the modern world we are in right now. How there are some unique cases of elements usage that could be used in different ways. History also serves as a reminder of important figures of the world that helped shaped the whole Elzard world today.’’

Jisung looked surprised; He always knew his eldest is smart and even greatly knowledgeable according to Hyuna, but she didn’t expect Jisoo to answer his question with so much details.

‘’That’s…amazing and correct Jisoo.’’ Jisung let out a small proud smile in hopes it can reach his daughter but he only received a nod as she sat down. He sighed inwardly before looking at the class with a smile

‘’Jisoo is correct; History is significant that every elzards such as  you guys must know and understand it. In history, you’ll learn and have a much deeper understanding of your elements as well as the well-known and alive figures today that are masters of their element’’ Jisung smiled and created a giant Lava ball that made the class look in awe and some sweat a bit at how hot the room has gotten

‘’I’ve gone through some volcanoes in the Elzard world’’ Jisung shared ‘’And I studied their origin for quite a few years. Then here I am’’ He twisted the lava ball like it’s basketball

 

‘’One of the master of the Lava element’’

 

‘’Wow I can’t wait to do something like that’’ Yeri grinned ‘’How about you Jennie? He’s your dad right? Can you do the Lava element?’’

 

‘’I’m on my way there’’ Jennie said ‘’It’s hard mixing Fire and Earth together and dad’s not around that much lately so I don’t have time to practice it.’’

 

‘’Who knows? Maybe you’ll discover a secret to combine two of your elements to the ones who has more than one element here in this room’’ Jisung grinned before saying with a serious tone ‘’Don’t take history as a joke; You might learn here more than you thought. This is the topic where you’ll understand your element much better and how former elzards managed to master it.’’

 

Jisung vanquished the lava ball before changing his tone to a light one ‘’And that’s all for today! On our next meeting, we’ll discuss the wars that happened in the Elzard world. It would greatly helped if you do some advance reading to it so that we can progress faster and I can dismiss you much earlier.’’ Jisung looked at everyone with a nod as if approving his class seeing the excited looks of the students before his eyes landed on Chaeyoung and Jisoo

 

‘’All of you are dismissed’’ Jisung said, his eyes not leaving them ‘’Except for you two.’’

 

Everyone looked at Chaeyoung and Jisoo who just nodded. They started to whisper as they stood up and left the room

 

‘’I wonder why Prof. Kim wants them to stay?’’

 

‘’Maybe getting a punishment?’’

 

‘’But Jisoo answered correctly?’’

 

‘’I don’t care; They’re not worth giving attention. I’m sure Prof. Kim just pities them that’s why he made them stay.’’

 

Jennie and Lisa looked at each other unsure, still not leaving the room as others are already leaving the room.

 

‘’Jennie, Lisa’’ Jisung called out ‘’Why are you two still here?’’

 

‘’Why are you making them stay dad?’’ Jennie asked

 

‘’I have to talk to them about something’’

 

Lisa narrowed her eyes ‘’Shouldn’t we know about it as well?’’

 

Jisung shrugged ‘’You’ll know later. Now’’ His eyes turned brown red for a bit

 

‘’Leave’’

 

Jennie and Lisa gulped, remembering his strict trainings before finally leaving the classroom leaving behind Jisung, Jisoo and Chaeyoung.

 

‘’What do you want?’’ Chaeyoung immediately spoke out as soon as Jennie and Lisa left ‘’We don’t have time for whatever lectures you’re going to say to us.’’

 

‘’I heard about what Hyuna said to Jisoo’’ Jisung looked at his eldest who is still looking at him with passive eyes ‘’And I want to let you know that I’m also excited to see how much the two of you have grown…even without our guidance.’’

 

‘’I told you before,’’ Jisoo finally spoke ‘’We’ll get stronger without your help.’’

 

A flash of flickering fire made Chaeyoung and Jisoo’s reflexes take action. Jisung’s hand lit up with hot fire and he immediately rushed towards Chaeyoung and Jisoo.

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes turned sharp and swiftly dodged the punch and Jisoo who is behind her, just ducked and felt the wall crack from the force of Jisung’s punch.

 

Jisung felt his neck hair go up as he felt a hand almost touching his neck so he took actions; Jisoo rolled out of the way seeing her father’s feet go up in flames as well. Chaeyoung jumped back from the sudden heat as they watch Jisung retract his hand from the wall and kicked at them.

 

Chaeyoung grabbed Jisoo and quickly dodged out of the way with Jisoo helping in distracting Jisung by throwing chairs and tables at him in which Jisung just punched out of the way, destroying them to pieces.

 

However, he got distracted by the multiple chairs and tables coming at him that he didn’t notice the two girls sneaking up to him.

 

Jisung froze feeling a hand on his neck and one at his chest. He looked behind and saw Chaeyoung staring at him with cold eyes as if daring him to attack them. He then looked in front and saw Jisoo firmly placing a hand to his chest, looking at him with serious eyes.

 

‘’What was that for?’’ Jisoo said angrily

 

Jisung chuckled and made his entire body burst into flames making Chaeyoung and Jisoo immediately jump back and take battle stances again

 

‘’…Don’t worry about the damages; I’ll take care of the expenses’’ Jisung suddenly said, his flames diminishing at each passing moment.

 

Chaeyoung and Jisoo looked at him warily before dropping their stance. Their blood still running on adrenaline but they didn’t show it.

 

‘’What are your elements?’’ Jisung immediately asked, his voice turning stern

 

‘’We told you before,’’ Chaeyoung spat out ‘’We’re elementless’’

 

‘’Then how did the both of you quickly snuck up on me?’’

 

Jisoo scoffed ‘’It’s called wit and stealth. Countless training helped us’’

 

Jisung narrowed his eyes ‘’I felt a flow of energy earlier. What element did you use?’’

 

Chaeyoung and Jisoo stiffened; They almost forgot that they fought with a council member.

 

‘’I did it.’’

 

Chaeyoung spoke out before Jisoo could say anything ‘’It’s nothing; Just a minor lightning element I learned from high school.’’

 

‘’That’s it?’’

 

‘’What do you expect?’’ Chaeyoung glared at him ‘’We need to graduate, of course we would know how to cast some basic spells of our own.’’

 

A moment of silence passed between them and Jisung finally spoke ‘’The two of you can leave now. Go to the training ground before dinner.’’

 

Chaeyoung and Jisoo looked at Jisung warily before nodding slowly. They grabbed their bags and left the classroom without a second word.

 

Jisung touched the back of his neck weirdly, feeling it acting quite stiff. Then he looked at the small cut of his shirt as he pondered

 

‘’What are you two hiding?’’


 

‘’Mom seriously? Why do we have to train before dinner?’’ Jennie grumbled, her stomach growling in hunger

 

‘’Yeah, I thought there would be no training if it’s school days’’ Lisa pouted ‘’I’m so hungry’’

 

Hyuna giggled ‘’You two almost look like each other right now’’ She joked

Jennie groaned ‘’Please, I’m way more beautiful than this monkey here’’ She said making Lisa glare at her

‘’Excuse me? I definitely have the hotter body.’’

Jennie’s eyebrows twitched and her hand turned fire while looking at Lisa with that same element. Lisa retaliated by covering her hands with a sphere of water, smirking at her in amusement.

‘’You want a fight monkey?’’

‘’Sure flat ’’

Jisung flashed between the two girls and gave them his strict glare ‘’Use your powers later. Calm your elements’’

Jennie grumbled while Lisa snickered but both of them relented.

‘’Why are we here already dad?’’ Jennie grumbled ‘’Are we going to train or what?’’

Jisung just smiled mysteriously at them ‘’We’re going to train; We just need to wait.’’

Lisa tilted her head in confusion ‘’Wait for what?’’

 

‘’We’re here.’’

 

Jennie and Lisa turned to see who spoke and their eyes almost bulged out seeing Chaeyoung and Jisoo casually entering the training ground though if they observed deeper, they could see the tense muscles of the two girls.

 

Lisa narrowed her eyes ‘’What are you doing here?’’ She stared specifically at Chaeyoung

 

Chaeyoung stared back in annoyance ‘’Ask her’’ She gave a pointed look to Hyuna ‘’and don’t worry Lisa,’’ Lisa’s heart skipped a beat hearing her name come out from Chaeyoung’s mouth. It’s been a while since Chaeyoung called her by her name…

 

‘’We won’t be long’’ Chaeyoung said coldly

 

Hyuna nodded and decided to explain ‘’I asked Jisoo if she and Chaeyoung could train with you guys for now. Me and Jisung wants to know how much they improved without our help.’’

 

Jennie scoffed ‘’Let’s get this over with. I'm sure it won’t be long’’ She stared hard at Jisoo who just looked at them with a calm look that somehow infuriates her.

 

‘’Let’s finish this already Lisa.’’ Jennie growled while Lisa slowly nodded

 

Jisung looked between the four and nodded ‘’Get in position’’

 

Jennie and Lisa stayed closed to each other while eyeing the other two; Chaeyoung offered her hand to Jisoo in which Jisoo accepted it, giving her a small knowing smile. Chaeyoung just smirked as if sending her a message

 

‘Let’s finish this already.’

 

This didn’t go unnoticed by Jenlisa ‘’How much do they know about each other?’’ They thought though Jennie’s fist tightened and she charged first.

 

‘’Fire blast!’’

 

Jisung’s eyes widened at the sudden strong move ‘’Wait Jennie!’’

 

A huge fire covered ¼ of the training ground, already heading towards Chaeyoung and Jisoo. Jennie panted since she released a quite strong spell, wanting to get this over with.

Lisa whistled ‘’It’s been a while since I’ve seen that Jennie-unnie’’ Looks like she won’t be able to do anything after all. 

 

She got worried over nothing

 

Hyuna look horrified ‘’Jennie! We haven’t even said start yet!’’

Jennie scoffed ‘’It’s not my fault you guys wanted to start this training before dinner. Now let’s go, I want to eat’’ She grumbled, she turned around to call Lisa but her eyes widened

 

‘’Lisa watch out!’’

 

Lisa’s ears perk up hearing a swish of something behind her and her reflexes saved her from getting hit as she jumped to her left

She looked at the offender and her eyes widened seeing Chaeyoung blankly looking at her ‘’But where’s Jisoo? Has she been caught by Jennie’s fire?’’

 

‘’Don’t think’’

 

‘’Argh!’’ Lisa shouted in pain feeling something sharp hit her cheek making it bleed, she stretched her hand and yelled

 

‘’Water Shoot!’’

 

A pressurized water came out from Lisa’s hand and grazed her attacker’s cheek, making it bleed. Jennie immediately prepared a counter-attack and aimed it to Lisa’s attacker.

 

‘’Phoenix Flower!’’

 

Multiple fireballs shaped like a flower began rushing towards the attacker who swiftly dodged all of them making her chuckle

 

‘’You guys really want targeting me huh’’ Jisoo gave them a teasing smirk ‘’You almost forgot I have someone with me’’

 

Jennie’s eyes widened feeling someone grip her in a headlock. Her heart beating fast at this unknown feeling and sudden trap that she’s in

 

‘’Hey,’’ Chaeyoung almost smirked seeing Jennie squirm under her grip. This training isn't so bad after all especially seeing Lisa and Jennie's shock and frustrated faces are very worth it to see.

 

‘’They’re lasting longer’’ Jisung narrowed his eyes

‘’And, isn’t that good?’’ Hyuna said

‘’Honey…did you see them move at all from Jennie’s huge fire blast?’’ Jisung replied ‘’It’s like…they’re fooling around, even fooling us. I don’t even see them prepare a move to dodge that.’’

‘’Oh Jisung, just be happy that they can protect themselves despite being elementless’’

Jisung slowly nodded looking at Chaeyoung and Jisoo while whispering

 

‘’Yeah…elementless’’

 

Lisa kept shooting blasts of water making the training ground wet even more ‘’Why…won’t…you…just…’’ Lisa growled ‘’get hit!’’

Jisoo grinned and slide down, barely dodging Lisa’s water stream and getting closer to Lisa ‘’Because I’m here for a reason.’’ Jisoo whispered then kicked Lisa at the shin making her yell in pain and shot up in the sky from Jisoo’s rather strong kick.

Meanwhile with Chaennie, Jennie is still struggling under Chaeyoung’s grip. Christ this girl’s grip is like a hard shut safe!

‘’What is your element?’’ Jennie gritted her teeth ‘’Don’t hide it from me Chaeyoung. Tell me’’

‘’We don’t have an element’’

‘’That’s bull!’’ Jennie’s eyes turned red, her anger making her fire element glow throughout her body making Chaeyoung tense ‘’Tell me!’’

‘’I told you’’ Chaeyoung whispered ‘’We’re elementless.’’

‘’Then how are you and Jisoo lasting longer right now?’’

‘’Countless of training without you.’’

Jennie grip Chaeyoung’s forearm tightly ‘’You trained…together?’’

Chaeyoung scoffed ‘’What do you expect?’’ She said mockingly

‘’All these years I thought that they’re not training and are just practicing at school…but all this time’’ Jennie’s fire started growing in sizes that’s effectively making Chaeyoung sweat on how hot she has gotten (literally)

‘’They…They’ve been together! They probably did everything right about now’’ Jennie scowled seeing Jisoo just giving a small smile to an irritated Lisa as they fought fist-to-fist with Jisoo not giving enough time to Lisa to cast a spell.

Chaeyoung hissed and immediately let go of Jennie, sensing the temperature of the room going drastically up. Her eyes wide, holding her forearm that has crescents of teeth that meant Jennie bit her to get away.

The ground started rumbling, reacting to Jennie’s emotion as Jennie’s hand glowed brown red and her eyes turning dark red

‘’Lava Plume!’’

Jisung watched in awe seeing her daughter turned the whole training ground into lava, the water marks that Lisa made turned to steams because of Jennie's power; The fire in Jennie’s veins mixing with the earth they’re stepping on right now.

Lisa noticed it and immediately flipped away with a great distance to Jisoo. Her one eye closing as she aimed her finger to Jisoo, taking a deep breath and shouted

‘’Jet Stream!’’

Jisoo grunted as she was hit by the shoulder by Lisa’s flicking finger that kept shooting water streams to her. She landed hard on the ground and she screamed in pain feeling her side sizzle from the lava.

Lisa covered herself with a water sphere while landing to the lava floor. She looked beside her which was Jennie and shivered in fear

‘’Note to self…Never make Jennie-unnie angry’’

Whatever Chaeyoung did to her, Lisa isn't sure but she is sure to never provoke her unnie to the point of...this

Chaeyoung clenched her fist and yelled in her mind ‘’Jisoo-unnie!’’ With a surprising bolt of speed, she pushed Jennie and Lisa away and ran towards Jisoo. Her feet hurt from how hot the lava is but that didn’t stop her for running towards Jisoo

‘’Jichu’’ Chaeyoung whispered and held Jisoo who was still writhing in pain

‘’I-it hurts so much Chaeyoungie. I-I have to’’

‘’No!’’ Chaeyoung gritted her teeth ‘’No..not now. Just not now’’ Chaeyoung lifted Jisoo and placed her on her back

‘’Lava Strike!’’

Chaeyoung’s ears perk up and dodged to her left while carrying her unnie. She clicked her tongue in pain feeling the hit of lava to her left shoulder

‘’Jennie stop!’’ Hyuna yelled ‘’They don’t have their elements!’’

However Jennie didn’t hear her mother’s word and started running towards Chaeyoung, continuing her attack

‘’You can’t escape from me Chaeyoung!’’ Jennie smirked, finally having the feeling of gaining the upper hand

‘’Lava Strike!’’

Jisoo raised her arm but Chaeyoung grabbed it while glaring at her ‘’No.’’ Chaeyoung spoke with an edge on her voice

‘’Jet Stream!’’

Jennie smirked as she watched Chaeyoung shout in pain, Lisa’s element hitting her to her knees making her stop dodging around Jennie’s attacks.

Jennie gave Lisa an acknowledging nod of appreciation and quickly came face-to-face to Chaeyoung and Jisoo; Both were panting in exhaustion making her smirk

‘’You lasted longer that I can give you’’ Jennie smiled sweetly at them before turning to a savage smirk and punched Chaeyoung with her lava-covered arm as Chaeyoung coughed out blood

 

‘’But the both of you will never be stronger than us’’ Jennie sneered and looked at Jisoo ‘’Especially you…’’

 

Jisoo started panicking seeing Chaeyoung heaving deep breaths and she could see her eyes flickering. With no other choice, she knocked Chaeyoung out cold by hitting a pressure point to her neck, making it look like she passed out from Jennie’s attack.

 

Jennie started to calm down seeing Chaeyoung passed out; The lava floor slowly disappearing as Jisung and Hyuna quickly ran towards them.

‘’Jennie what was that for?!’’ Hyuna yelled at her in anger ‘’You don’t have to be so brutal!’’

Jennie scoffed ‘’This is training right? What do you expect us to hold back just because they’re stupid elementless?’’ She spat

Jisung’s eyes hardened ‘’Jennie, apologize to your mother. You’re disrespecting her.’’

Lisa grabbed Jennie’s shoulder which is shaking in anger ‘’Unnie, calm down. We won, that’s what matters.’’

Jennie took a deep breath and nodded, looking at the passed out Chaeyoung with a bit of guilt in her eyes 

 

''Maybe I did overdid it...''

 

‘’Let me heal her then we can go eat dinner when I wake her up’’ Hyuna softly said and knelt down, she laid Chaeyoung down to the ground.

 

Lisa winced, even she felt sorry for Chaeyoung seeing the ruined cloth and a large gash that has blood running down over it.

 

Hyuna was about to touch Chaeyoung’s wound but her hand is slapped away

 

‘’Don’t’’

 

Everyone looked at the panting Jisoo who is looking at Hyuna with hardened eyes ‘’I’ll take care of it.’’

 

‘’But honey, this is quite a serious looking wound’’ Hyuna said worriedly ‘’Let me handle it. Don’t worry it will be healed in no tim-‘’

 

‘’I said no!’’

 

Everyone is surprised hearing Jisoo’s rising tone. She stood up, having regained enough energy now. She quickly grabbed Chaeyoung and put her at her back.

 

‘’I’ll handle it.’’ Jisoo glared at Jennie, blaming her at the sudden injury that Chaeyoung has to sustain. ‘’You saw what we can do now, so you better keep your end of the bargain’’

 

‘’Wait Jisoo!’’ Jisung shouted seeing Jisoo quickly running away from them

 

‘’What?!’’

 

Jisoo’s emotion is running high now because of her and Chaeyoung’s situation but begrudgingly turned around again with an irritated look

 

‘’How did you dodge Jennie’s first attack?’’

 

Jisoo clicked her tongue at this questions that she's been answering throughout the whole day ‘’Countless of training.’’ She answered the same answer she's been saying all day.

 

‘’What’s your element?’’ Jisung asked making Jennie and Lisa tense

 

‘’I knew it…’’ Jennie narrowed her eyes while Lisa just stared at Chaeyoung’s defeated form with clenched fist.

 

‘’I told you already! We’re elementless!’’ Jisoo spat out ‘’Get that through your thick heads already! You already got that in your heads for the past decade! Don’t change your mind now just because we lasted longer!’’

 

‘’Honey…’’ Hyuna stepped forward ‘’We just wanted to know if you do have your elements, we can help you control it better. We can even get other members of the council to help yo-‘’

 

Jisoo could feel herself getting out of control in anger; She grit her teeth ‘’Don’t…don’t you ing dare start to care now’’

 

Their eyes widen; This is the first time that Jisoo cursed at them so that means…

 

She’s dead serious.

 

‘’We handled everything on our own’’ Jisoo looked at them dead in the eyes ‘’Me and Chaeyoungie got through all our obstacles together. We trained together. We graduated together.’’ Jisoo gripped Chaeyoung a bit possessively

‘’And we did it all without your help’’ Jisoo said, before looking coldly to Jisung ‘’Just like what I said years ago.’’

Jennie glared at Jisoo ‘’Is that so huh? I wonder how weak you are Jisoo when Chaeyoung is not by your side’’ She thought in disdain, the gears on her mind working well.

 

She’ll find out soon enough

 

Lisa didn’t miss the way Jisoo clutch Chaeyoung and she didn’t know why but her heart is missing holding a certain someone like that…and it’s been like that ever since Joy did it to her.

 

Jisoo finally faced away from them as she said again in a clear voice

 

‘’Don’t forget your end of the bargain.’’

 

With that, Jisoo left with an injured Chaeyoung; Leaving behind a quiet Kim parents, a confused Lisa, and an angry Jennie at their wake.


I updated! God it felt like it's been a week since I've updated but hey! Got to love these rather quick updates despite having my online classes. I'm so happy that you guys really loved this story! More ideas are coming to me so this story might be longer than I thought. Once again thank you for all your support! Love you guys and support Blackpink's comeback this coming Oct. 2! Queens FINALLY getting a full album. Let's support them and show them the love they deserve!