Chasing a Feeling

Meet and Greet

After what seemed like forever Jennie finally slumps down on her couch, grateful for the three days she has off from work. The past two days have been a whirlwind of emotions and events. The concert, the night with Chaeyoung, her sister, the endless paperwork she was glad she now had some time for herself.

 

After visiting Ella she headed home, took a relaxing shower, changed into comfortable clothes, ordered some pizza and now she was about to check Netflix for a non dramatic, non stressful movie.

 

Jennie was about to click on some nature documentary when her phone rang interrupting her night in.

 

“Noooooooo…” She grumbled closing her eyes, looking at her phone she saw it was her best friend calling her, who she needed to answer otherwise she would just keep calling or worse show up at her house uninvited.

 

“What?” She answered.

 

“Why hello to you too, Jendukie.”

 

“Hi.” She was definitely not in the mood to talk.

 

“I’ve called you four times in the past two days, where have you been mmmm?”

 

“I was skydiving in paris.”

 

“Paris huh? Yeah that sounds like you. How was the Eiffel Tower?”

 

“Pointy.”

 

“Well… I can’t argue with that.”

 

Jennie chuckled. “In reality. I’ve had a couple of very busy and very long days at work.” She explained as she laid down on her coach, legs dangling for the arm rest. “I’m tired.”

 

“Is Ella okay?”

 

“She seems… well better. We had a really good talk.”

 

“I’m really glad.” Jisoo says honestly. “Now since that’s out of the way, have you given any thought about our other talk?”

 

“What other talk?”

 

“Don’t play dumb Jendukie, you know know what Im talking about…”

 

Right, Chaeyoung…

 

“Hey, did you know they opened up a new taco place by sixth street. We should go.” Jennie said not wanting to talk about the subject.

 

“If I buy you tacos, will you tell me if you have thought about things?”

 

The brunette sighs. “I’m not sure there’s much to talk about.” She tells her, covering her eyes with her arm. “Even If I did want to pursue it, which I don’t, but if I did I have no way to contact her, no phone, no address nothing…”

 

“Um… Jen, you are a cop, a cop who pulled her over, I’m sure you have more than one way to find out where she is.”

 

Damn it, smart Chu.

 

“Well yeah but….” Thankfully she’s interrupted by her doorbell ringing, at the sound of this the brunette lets out a quiet ‘yes’. “, my pizza’s here.” She says as she sat up, she grabbed the money and stood up. “I gotta go so I can enjoy my free night and my pizza. Love you, Bye!””

 

“But…”

 

Boy was Jennie glad to dodge that conversation.

 

“Hey Jennie, you look amazing tonight.” The pizza delivery guy says. “Pepperoni pizza with a side of tater tots for you.”

 

The brunette only looks down awkwardly and wonders what was more embarrassing the fact that the pizza guy was flirting with her while she’s wearing nothing but a tank top and comfy leggings and fluffy socks or the fact that he knows her name and also her order. She probably will have to change pizza stores now.

 

“Thanks, Jackson.” She said with a polite smile.

 

And nope, that was the most embarrassing thing was the fact that Jennie knew his name. She definitely needed to start eating something other than pizza on her Friday nights.

 

She takes the money and exchange for the pizza and heads back inside.

Finally she now has food on her hands, an ice cold beer on the side, comfy clothes, a blanket on her lap, now all she needed to do was press play the doorbell rang again.

 

“Goddamnit!” She mumbled.

 

Taking a deep breath but not letting go of her pizza slice she stood and headed to the door opening it without checking who it was thinking it might be the pizza guy.

 

“Hey, Jackson, did I forget to tip you aga…”

 

“Hello, Officer Kim.”

 

There went Jennie’s pizza slice to the floor along with her jaw.

 

“I was hoping you’d be home. We didn’t get a chance to finish our conversation.”

 

Jennie does the first thing that comes to her mind, calls it a reflex, and closes the door right on the interrupters face and leans back into it.

 

Holy . She didn’t imagine that right? That was really one Roseanne Park on her doorstep looking hot with a pair of shorts, grey shirt and oversized plaid shirt on top while Jennie was wearing no makeup and fluffy dinosaur socks.

 

Jennie can’t believe she found her and how did the blonde was able to find her? Why did she find her? And why does her heart feel like it's going to pound out of her chest?

 

The brunette takes a deep breath, then stands on her tiptoe and peeks out the peephole. And yes that’s Rosie standing right there, smiling like she doesn’t have a care in the world, as if Jennie hadn’t just almost broken her nose by slamming the door on her face.

 

“Chu, answer the goddamn phone!” SHe whispers as she calls Jisoo.

 

“‘Sup...”

 

“Roseanne Park is right outside my door!” She hisses.

 

“What?”

 

“ing Roseanne Park is outside my door looking gorgeous while I’m wearing dinasour fluffy socks, no makeup and a pizza stained shirt!”

 

“Holy ! Really?!”

 

“Yes! Now what the do I do?”

 

“You better open the ing door, Jendukie.”

“Um… Jennie, I can hear you on the other side.” Chaeyoung said from the other side of the door and Jennie only closed her eyes in embarrassment.

 

“Open the door, Mandu.”

 

Jennie once again takes a deep breath and tries her best to get her hair in place before pulling the door open, trying not to be blinded by Chaeyoung’s blazing smile.

 

“Hi…” She clears trying to sound casual. “Why are you here?” Jennie’s phone was in her hand with Jisoo still on the line and she only remembers when she hears the girl yell

 

“Hi Rosie!”

 

Clumsily the brunette gets her phone and hangs up, looking up at the singer casually.

 

“Jisoo...uh, she says hi.”

 

The blonde’s smile only gets wider. “I heard.”

 

“Right…” Jennie bites her lip. Rosie smiles at her again and Jennie can feel a smile forming on her face at the sight. What is it about this woman that turns her into a grinning idiot?

 

Coughing to get rid of her smile she asks. “How do you know where I live?”

 

Rosie doesn’t answer but her wide grin was enough of an answer. Jennie thinks she’s ridiculously y, even more so than a couple of days ago. She knows she is very much judging a book by its cover and most likely the stories she has heard from pretty much everywhere… but everything about the blonde screams heartbreak yet every muscle on Jennie’s body wants to be close to her.

 

“Um… are you going to let me in?” The blonde asks swaying back and forth with her hands on her back.

 

‘That was kinda cute’ Jennie thinks.

 

‘Be the bad cop Jennie.’ She reminds herself. “Are you going to answer my question?” Because who is Jennie if not snappy and stubborn.

 

“If you, let me in. I’ll tell you everything you want to know.” The blonde bargained with an easy smile.

 

Every part of Jennie’s brain was screaming warnings at her, was telling her to not let her in, to not let herself be blinded, and Jennie listened, she agreed, but she also knew the vocalist would not let it go, she would probably be back at her doorstep tomorrow. So against her own warnings she opened her door.

 

“Um… Jennie?” The blonde called out to the thinking girl.

 

Better get this over with so she can finally move on with her life.

 

Jennie didn’t answer but rather signaled the taller girl to come in. The brunette expected her to walk in, but she didn’t, instead the blonde got close to her so they were standing chest to chest, Jennie looks up at her and the blonde’s eyes don’t stray from hers as her hand gently touches the side of her face making Jennie feel goosebumps all over her.

 

“Thank you.” The blonde says softly.

 

And Jennie fights the impulse to crush her lips against the vocalists. Every cell on her body wanting to taste her kiss and feel her hands on her skin once again.

 

“Start talking before I chase you out.” Jennie said.

 

“Chase me out?” The blonde chucked. “I thought running away was more your style.”

 

“I…”

 

“You are forgiven, Jennie.” The blonde tells her cheekily.

 

Jennie’s jaw drops as Chaeyoung brushes past her into her living room.

 

Stupid, hot, y rockstar.

 

The shorter girl follows her and looks around, feeling a wave of embarrassment wash over her. Had she known she would have cleaned up a little, maybe vacuum today instead of Saturdays as she usually does. She keeps in a grimace at the state of some of her furniture, it was ugly or looked run down, but you could tell they have been here for some time. Having a sick sister means she all her income goes to her, she can’t afford the repairs she needs for her house. She wonders what the rich blonde will think of her and her house.

 

“Chaeyoung, how did you figure out where I live?” The brunette asks. not wanting to deal with her own thoughts and doubts.

 

The blonde can sense the suspicious tone Jennie used and showed her an easy smile to calm her down. “Relax. I found something of yours. I figured you’d probably need it.” She said, pulling out Jennie’s driver license.

 

“I figured that being a cop and the law-abiding citizen you are, it was important.” The blonde said after the brunette quietly took her license back with a quick ‘Thanks’.

 

“Why didn’t you give it to me two days ago when I pulled you over?” The brunette asked, still suspicious even eyeing the girl in the same manner.

 

“Well… I was in a precarious situation with an officer who wanted to bust my nonexistent balls… my ovaries if you will.”

 

“I was not busting your balls.”

 

“You were very authoritative.”

 

“I was doing my job and you were being reckless.”

 

The blonde stared at her for a few seconds. “Don’t you love being a little bit reckless sometimes, Jennie?”

 

“Not really.”

 

Chaeyoung says nothing, only shrugs and opens the pizza box taking a slice out.

 

“Excuse me, that’s my pizza. What do you think you are doing?”

 

“Oh this?’ Chaeyoung said, raising the pizza a bit. “This is us becoming friends.”

 

“Friends?” Jennie asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Yep.” The blonde nodded, taking a bite out of her pizza. “I’ve decided today we’re going to be friends.”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“I dunno.” The blonde shrugged again. “That’s what people do after they’ve slept together. Plus I’m a good friend.”

 

“I don’t need anymo… hey! Stop taking my pizza!” The brunette says after watching how the blonde reached out for a new slice after finishing her first one.

 

The blonde only gives her a cute grin as she takes a bite, as she chews.

 

There are only two things running through Jennie’s mind right now, number one the blonde looked so much like a little chipmunk when eating and looked cute with her full cheeks and that little smile and number two she would give anything to be what the blonde is eating right now. How two very different thoughts yet both very much true.

 

“What are you going to do about it?” Chaeyoung challenged.

 

Jennie puts her hands up in surrounder.

 

“Oh come on, Jen, where’s the feistiness?”

 

“I’m far too tired to be feisty right now.”

 

The blonde shrugs. “Suit yourself.” She said reaching for a third slice out of the box and putting it on top of the other like a sandwich.

 

‘That is the most ridiculous way to eat a pizza I have ever seen.’ Jennie thinks as she eyed the blonde. ‘And on top of that, she has now taken three of MY slices.’ Oh not on her watch.

 

Before Chaeyoung can take a bite, Jennie attacks like a spider monkey and jumps on her lap, pinning her arms to the couch behind her. The blonde in turn doesn’t fight her. Instead her body relaxes beneath Jennie’s with a smile. The shorter woman has to admit she does like being on top of her and wonder if the reason Chaeyoung is so relaxed is because she likes it too.

 

“I’ll give you this out of pity, but you have to eat them like a sandwich.” Chaeyoung tells her, dropping the pizza sandwich on her hand and then reaching over for another slice.

 

Jennie frowns. “Listen here, new-friend-that-I-didn’t-particularly-ask-for, I appreciate you bringing my license back. But now you gotta go.” She tells her pointing to the door.

 

The blonde instead ignores her and takes her shoes off,then puts her feet up on her coffee table. Jennie stands up and stands near the doorway, hoping that the girl would understand she was not joking.

 

Instead the blonde grins. “Hey, we’re matching.” She says pointing to her socks which were not fluffy but were dinosaur themed. “You’re not going to eat?” She then asked.

 

Jennie takes a deep breath as she felt her frustration running through her veins at the stubborn infuriating vocalist eating HER pizza on HER couch. “I’m definitely eating, but you’re not definitely not staying.”

 

“You can’t share some pizza with me?’ Chaeyoung pouts. “I mean, isn’t this what friends do and all? They break bread, have some fun, talk, hook up a little?” The blonde raises her eyebrows and gives her a smoldering look.

 

Jennie chuckles dryly. “While I love the idea of our newfound friendship, it’s been a really long day and all I wanted was to head to bed.”

 

“We can do that too.”

 

“What?! No! I was not offering that.” Jennie corrects quickly making the blonde giggle.

 

“I’m joking. I’m here because I wanted to talk about what happened.” Chaeyoung said, finally saying the reason for her visit. “You ran off, and when I found your license on the ground, I figured it was a sign.”

 

“A sign?”

 

“A sign that we have unfinished business.” Chaeyoung said. “Women often leave things behind so its our duty to return it to them.”

 

Jennie frowns. “Is that what this was? A game so could see me again?”

 

Chaeyoung sighs and stands up, she walks towards Jennie slowly and with each step the brunette could feel her pulse quicken.

 

“I don’t have time for games.” Jennie continues. “I never planned on seeing you again. I dropped my license, and you happened to find it. It’s not a sign.”

 

The blonde was now standing in front of her, ignoring every word, destroying every brick Jennie tried to place between them. The blonde’s eyes hold her hostage as her arm wraps around Jennie’s waist.

 

“Can you feel this right now?” Chaeyoung asked softly.

 

And Jennie can, in fact, feel it. It was like an electric current was surging through her body.

 

“If this feeling isn’t a sign, I don’t know what is.” The blonde continues. “Your eyes keep moving to my lips. You keep fighting it, but I know you want me.”

 

It was true Jennie’s eyes kept going back and forth between the blonde’s gorgeous brown eyes and her lips.

 

“Yes.” Jennie whispered. “I want you.”

 

Chaeyoung grins at her, rubbing her hand up and down the brunette’s back. “Can you say that again?”

 

Jennie huffs and rolls her eyes. “I want you, alright?”

 

“Oh Jennie, you don’t know how good it feels to hear you say that.”

 

Oh but Jennie did, in fact, know of something that could feel better…

 

Standing on her tiptoes, the brunette wastes no time and brings her face closer to the blonde’s, their lips were centimeters apart. Both could feel the electricity snapping between them. But just when she’s about to close the distance, Chaeyoung pulls away.

 

“Another day, Jennie. Right now, I’m here just to talk.”

 

“About what?” Jennie asked confused and somewhat frustrated because the last thing she wanted to do right now was talk.

“Whatever has us both so twisted that I’m here, and you’re running out in the middle of the night.” Chaeyoung elaborated. “There’s something going on between us, and I want to see what the hell it is. Don’t you?”

 

Jennie thinks about it for a second and then remembers the talk she had with Ella a couple of days ago ‘What if it’s worth the risk?’

 

“Okay.” Jennie relents. “Pizza and talking only.”

 

“Pizza, talking and who knows what else.”

 

With that they both make their way back over to the couch and sit down, keeping a safe distance between the two of them.

 

“So you’re a cop?” Chaeyoung casually asks.

 

Jennie nods. “It was what I always wanted to be. I moved here from Korea when I was young for school, my parents idea, I liked forensics, I even wanted to become a forensics doctor but college was way to expensive so I thought maybe becoming a cop and eventually a homicide detective was my best second choice.”

 

“Ah… good all detectives...so like the Chicago PD and Rookie Blue ones? Like the ones on TV.”

 

“Yep.”

 

“It must’ve been tough moving here at such a young age.”

 

“It was, teenage years are way to tough for someone to handle emotions by themselves.”

 

“I know.” Chaeyoung said. “I came here from Australia after we signed our first contract. It’s tough to grow up so fast. It gives you such a different perspective on the world.”

 

Jennie felt understood in that moment. They were both different, but they both went through some similar stuff when they were young. It was… nice.

 

“Tell me more about yourself.” The blonde said, wanting to hear it all.

 

Jennie had this need of telling her everything, her sister, Jisoo, Kai, her job just everything but the warning signs were still there, telling her that if she did Chaeyoung would go running for the hills, so she kept it light instead.

 

“I’m the worlds biggest Beyond Roses fan.” She joked.

 

“And yet I don’t see a single poster with my face on it in this whole house.”

 

“I keep them hidden.” Jennie said, only because she had no pictures of her childhood dorm it was like a shrine.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled. “While I do love to hear about how much you love me, I’m serious. I want to know more about you.”

 

“Why?” Jennie asked. “You and I both know how this goes.”

 

“How is that?”

 

“You’re going to go back to your lavish life, and I’ll be here…”

 

“Maybe that’s exactly what will happen.” Chaeyoung snapped, interrupting her. “But only because you’re so hell bent on pushing me out that door.”

 

“I’m protecting myself.” Jennie explains. It was plain and simple.

 

“Well you’re going to have to try a lot harder. I’m basically a cop too.”

 

Jennie is thankful for the joke, she doesn’t think she has the emotional energy to deal with the implications of Chaeyoung’s outburst just now and what they meant.

 

“We’ve already established that you’re just a cop on television. Real police work isn’t anything like that.”

 

“Oh so you watch my show.”

 

Jennie did, every week in fact.

 

“Well I’ve caught a few episodes.” She said nonchalantly.

 

“Always happy to meet a fan.” The blonde said with a wink.

 

“I’m not a fan. That show completely butchers the idea of real police work.”

 

“So why have you seen every episode?” Chaeyoung asked tilting her head to the side like a puppy.

 

“Because it’s very addicting and you look very cute in your uniform okay?”

 

The blonde smiles. “My partner, Gail, is a lot like you.”

 

“Pff… no she’s not.”

 

“Yeah… she lives alone and pushes any person away.”

 

“I don’t push every person away.” Jennie defends. “I’m just hesitant to get involved with a girl whose life is the polar opposite of mine. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.”

 

Chaeyoung says nothing but rather moves closer again, her leg brushing against Jennie’s making her feel that surge of electricity again. “No, there’s nothing wrong with that. But you like me, I can tell.” SHe said running her hand up and down the brunette’s leg, leaving goosebumps in her wake. “I’ve been thinking about you non-stop since the concert.”

 

There went Jennie’s defenses falling down again.

 

“I have to.”

 

“You want to be with me?” She asked her hand moving to her hip, her fingers dig into the brunette’s skin with just the right amount of pressure.

 

Jennie bites her lip. “I do.”

 

“So why can’t you have what you want?”