A New Chapter

Meet and Greet

Jennie can’t breathe.

 

Chaeyoung Park was on her couch sitting nose to nose with her.

 

And Jennie can’t breathe.

 

Her inner teenage self is thriving at the moment.

 

The blonde’s hands are wound in her long brunette hair and her brown eyes stare deeply into Jennie’s.

 

“I want to be with you too.” She said, sincerity shining through her eyes.

 

And once again Jennie can’t breathe,because well number one it's so hard for her to believe that a mega-famous rockstar wanted to be with her, a boring, nobody cop. And at the same time it also felt a lot like a turning point, a big one. Asking herself if she should let herself fall for Roseanne Park.

 

The brunette had been thinking about it although she kept denying it in front of everyone, but she did think about it, it was one of the few things she could think about. The blonde seemed sincere, she seemed honest about her intentions and well she did find her, with the thanks of her license of course but really if what they did was just a one time thing then why would Chaeyoung be putting any effort in barreling through her life if she was not here to stay? Nobody was that cruel right?

 

Then she remembers the words of her sister. ‘Live your life because I can’t.’ Take risks, fall in love, do everything she couldn’t do…

 

Jennie cups the blonde’s strong jawline with her hand, bringing her face closer to hers. Their lips graze each other, a tease of what’s to come. The blonde in turn shifts closer to her, wrapping her arms around the brunette and pulling her tight to her chest. She brings her lips to Jennie’s once again, taking her in for a deep world-ending kiss.

 

She could get lost in this kiss. I mean like she could really lose all her good judgement in this kiss.

 

They pull away once it becomes hard to breathe, but keep their bodies flushed together. Eyes locked in each other.

 

Jennie’s hand in caressing the blonde’s jaw softly. “I want to dive in head-first, Chae.” She admitted in a whisper. “But I’m scared.”

 

The blonde’s eyes softened and her hand reached up to tuck a lock of the brunette’s hair behind her ear. “What are you afraid of?”

 

Oof where to start?

 

“I have a lot going on in my life.” She says, the details can wait for later. “The real world is not as glamorous.”

 

“I live in the real world too, you know.”

 

Yet another reminder that Jennie knows nothing about the woman. She doesn’t know what kind of struggles she deals with.

 

“Well, since we’re friends and all, why don’t you tell me about your life?” Jennie tells her with a smile.

 

The blonde smiles back. “My full name is Roseanne Park, Korean name Chaeyoung, I’m 28 years old, never married, I was born in New Zeland and moved to Melbourne when I was seven.” The blonde started. “I have one biological sister, Alice, who’s older than me. I have a non-biological sister, Lisa, who I met in school and is a month younger than me. We’ve been in Beyond Roses since we were sixteen.”

 

Jennie looks at her with a small smile, just taking everything in and amused at the fast way the girl was talking.

 

“Now I’m an actor. I plan to go into movies soon, but I’m waiting for the right part.” She continues then she gets even closer to Jennie with a grin. “Oh, and most importantly, I like girls who scream that they love me during my shows.”

 

Jennie blushes briefly but then acts nonchalantly. Thinking how crazy it was that the girl was revealing so much about herself without hesitating. It makes the brunette start to believe that maybe she does actually want to be friends. Jennie may not be so sure of how she feels about her still, but she can’t deny that she’s curious to learn more.

 

The brunette nods at the information and her hand goes up to play with the ends of the blonde’s hair. “Tell me about your childhood.”

 

Chaeyoung shrugs. “Not much to tell. It was pretty normal, up until the becoming part of a mega-famous girl band thing.”

 

“What was your favorite playground game?”

 

The blonde looks up as she thinks about it. “Mmm… well I’d say tag, but that would be a lie. I was more of a read during recess girl. Sometime write.”

 

“No kidding, I was too.” Jennie grins, her heart warming despite her efforts to keep it closed off. “I did not find any of that on your wikipedia page.”

 

The blonde smirks. “You looked me up, huh?”

 

“I… may have peaked maybe once or twice.”

 

“Because you love me?”

 

“Because I have a general thirst for knowledge.”

 

“Uh-huh.” Chaeyoung hums. “Well, let me tell you something only my friends would know. I would’ve been here earlier tonight, but a girl kept me held hostage.”

 

Is she seriously telling me about another girl?!

 

“Wow.”

 

“Oh !” Chaeyoung’s eyes widen. “Not like that! , ... I’m not good at this.” The blonde sighs. “I’m talking about Ryujin, my niece.”

 

“You have a niece?!” Jennie asks surprised, misunderstanding forgotten.

 

“Yeah, she's a manipulator already.” She says, her heart beating calmer after her almost up. She really needed to learn how to speak.

 

“I love kids.” Jennie said, with a tone that said she knew what the blonde was talking about, because she did, little Ella used to be the same. “I really want to have a little crew of kiddos of my own someday.”

 

“I like the sound of that.” The blonde smiles. “Ryujin has been great practice for me. My sister has trained her to terrorize her husband and me. She has this whole big eyes and squishy face thing down to the T.”

 

The brunette feels her heart fluttering, there was something so endearing about listening to Chaeyoung talk about her niece, she could see she loved her a lot. “Basically, she rules your world?”

 

The blonde nods. “I promised her one song. One. And 11 songs and 50 minutes later, I was finally in the car.” She chuckles and shakes her head. “If that doesn’t show you what one little ‘I love you’ from her does…” She trails off. “Basically, if she wills it, she gets it. She even got me to play with her dolls.”

 

Jennie’s sure her smile was pretty permanently etched on her face at this point. “That’s actually kind of sweet.” And it was her heart warmed at the image of a badass rocker playing with barbie dolls with a little girl.

“You think I’m sweet?”

 

Jennie nods. “Yes.” She admits. “I think you are sweet.”

 

And the blonde actually looks surprised. “A genuine compliment from Jennie Kim? I never thought I’d see the day.” She teased.

 

The brunette shoves her playfully. “Please don’t let it go to your head. It’s big enough already.”

 

“Hah! Now there’s the girl I know.”

 

“You’ve got thousands of screaming fans out there to pump your ego back up. You need more ego boosting. Somebody’s gotta keep you on the ground.”

 

“If I recall, you were one of those screaming fans.”

 

Jennie rolls her eyes. “Well we all go through our lapses sometimes.”

 

“Whatever you say, Jen.” Chaeyoung said, smirking. “You like me, Jennie Kim. I don’t blame you. I’m quite charming.”

 

“Hmm.. wikipedia didn’t mention that.”

 

Chaeyoung slides her finger over the inside of Jennie’s tight, sending a shiver down her spine.

 

“I’m saving the good stuff for you.” She said with a wink.

 

“Lucky me.”

 

“Most girls would think so.”

 

This cocky motherfu… “I guess is a good thing I’m not most girls then. Unless you are trying to be friends with all of them.”

 

“Never.”

 

The evening goes by and both girls finish eating Jennie’s pizza, and yes she does pick up the one on the floor by her door, there might be a permanent pizza stain on her old floor but what can you do. Really Jennie can only focus on the other girl, she likes that Chaeyoung spoke of her family with such affection, they talk more about Jennie’s job, Chaeyoung’s tv show and how happy she is living in LA though nothing beat being back in Australia.

 

Most of all Jennie liked how Chaeyoung in that moment, with her fluffy cheeks full of pizza, dinosaur socks and sitting on Jennie’s old couch made the girl look like a normal girl, not a rockstar, not an actress just… a girl.

 

Her eyes look at the clock and notices they have been talking for around five hours, the brunette didn’t even notice time go by… she liked it.

 

The blonde’s eyes notices Jennie looking at the clock and notices the time as well.

 

“It’s really late right?”

 

As if on queue Jennie yawns and stretches with a small moan. “I feel like I’ve been awake for days.” She says. “Thanks for bringing my license.”

 

“No problem.” The rockstar says with a small smile. “I’ll let you go to sleep.” She then says getting up from the couch. Jennie walks her to the door. The blonde then stops before walking out. “Can I kiss you goodbye?”

 

“I’d love that.”

 

The blonde’s face splits into a wide grin as she pulls her into her arms again and Jennie can feel her warmth envelop her before Chaeyoung sweeps her in another kiss, leaving her breathless.

 

“I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of kissing you.” Chaeyoung says after they pull away. “I really liked hanging out with you, I don’t get to talk to anybody like this. You don’t treat me like I’m different.”

 

Oh body there goes Jennie’s heart again.

 

“I’ll have to go back to NYC to shoot next week, but I’ll make sure you stay in my orbit until then, deal?”

 

Jennie nods. “Deal.”

 

The blonde then pulls her in for one last hug and one last kiss before parting.

 

“Until next time, Jennie.”

 

------------------------------------

 

“I will rub myself all over your couch.”

 

“You would.”

 

That same weekend Jennie and Jisoo were hanging out in the new taco place Jennie had mentioned, each on their second beer and Jennie had told the girl all about the late night visit from Chaeyoung suffice to say Jisoo was ecstatic.

 

“The is wrong with chu?” Jisoo asks suddenly.

 

“Nothing!” Jennie exclaims. “I’m only being realistic, how would she and I work?”

 

Jisoo sighs. “Jendukie, for someone so smart you can be really dumb.”

 

“I’d be asking for my heart to be broken.” She says. “Chaeyoung isn’t sticking around LA, and I’m never moving away from Ella.”

 

“I’ve watched you make mistakes before, and I haven’t said … not this time Jen. I’m telling you right now that If you don’t give it a shot with her, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life. I get you want to set boundaries but look me in the eye and honestly tell me you don’t feel something for her.” Jisoo was serious now and Jennie knew when that happened she better listen or else.

 

“I do.” Jennie admits without hesitating. “But that doesn’t mean I should act on it.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Is risky?”

 

“So?”

 

“So…”

 

“Okay, you had a crazy night with her, and it threw you for a loop. I get it.” Jisoo tells her as she pushes her plate away. “You’re the straight-laced one of us. You don’t do wild, and you don’t take risks. You are the perfect law abiding citizen.” She mocks. “But Jennie, you have to live! There’s no reason that you can’t actually live the life you’ve been given.”

 

“, have you and Ella been exchaging notes?”

 

“No, but she’s the smart one of the two and you know what she’s freaking right.”

 

‘Live your life because I can’t.’

 

“I ing hate it when you make sense.”

 

“I bet.” Jisoo said smirking.

 

“I wish we could go back to the time where all we had to worry about was who to go to prom with.” Jennie complains.

“Please, I knew I’d go alone.” Jisoo said, remembering said time. “Boys are dumb. I had a better time hanging out with you, Irene and Seulgi.”

 

“Ugh… I’ll have to tell those two about Rosie don’t I?”

 

“Up to you, Jen.” Jisoo says and gives her a quick tap on her hand. “I think you should keep this to yourself for a bit. You need to decide without anyone’s influence.”

 

“So, I should just listen to you, is what you are saying.”

 

“Precisely.”

 

Jennie’s mind wanders back to the previous night. She can’t help thinking about how normal Rosie seemed. There were no demands. It was the only two of them and it was comfortable, just like the first time they were around each other. Okay, so maybe she is overthinking this, but there’s something about her that she just can’t shake.

 

She made Jennie feel so happy, her smile caused butterflies in her stomach. Her laugh was like music that spoke to her heart. She couldn’t stop grinning when she was around the blonde. Hell, even thinking of her made Jennie smile.

 

She is so screwed.

 

-------------------------------

 

Stupid, ing hot, y, adorable, lying rockstar.

 

A week.

 

It had been a ing week since she last heard from Chaeyoung.

 

Not a single ing word.

 

‘I’ll make sure you stay in my orbit during that time.’

 

ing liar.

 

And to top it all off she actually felt motivated to do renovations at her house, she figures she had some extra savings so she might as well right? So between the crazy construction work at her house plus the lack of communication from the rockstar Jennie is feeling a bit stressed.

 

She did not want to think about Chaeyoung so all her focus is going into fixing her place, a distraction is what she needs.

 

“So, where do I put this BR record?”

Goddamn it.

 

“Wherever is fine, Seul.” She responds nicely, because she doesn’t deserve Jennie's wrath and two she didn’t know a thing about Chaeyoung.

 

The brunette goes back to surveying the paint in front of her, trying to decide what she wants the new vibe to be. Ultimately she opts for white a calming color that also goes well with her aesthetic. She passes the bucket to Jisoo who was helping out with the paint.

 

“Mind if I put the TV on? Projects always feel like they go faster with a good show on in the background.” Said Minnie who was helping Seulgi put Jennie’s things away in boxes.

 

“Yeah, go ahead.”

 

Minnie turns on the TV and leaves the channel on some family sitcom.

 

“How was the meet and greet, by the way?” Miyeon asked. “You never told us what happened after security gave you those free passes.”

 

.

 

Jennie sighs. “Well we had the meet and greet and I met Rosé and we talked.” There, something that was the truth and kept the rest of their shenanigans hidden. “It was fun.”

 

With that Jennie goes back to the renovations, carefully avoiding the curious gazes of her friends. So she grabs a roller and starts rolling imagining she’s painting all over Rosie’s face after blatantly ignoring her for a week. And the worst part is she can’t say a thing because she has no phone, no address, nothing. Stupid rockstar.

 

And then as if on cue, she hears her voice coming from the TV.

 

Goddamn it.

 

Jennie turns to see her, smiling and happy, doing an interview on the set of her show and her hair is now pink and the brunette can swear she can feel herself fuming.

 

“Uh, Jendukie you okay?”

 

“Peachy.”

 

“Riiight…” Jisoo says knowing that fuming look particullarly well. “How about we go for some drinks to the kitchen before Jendukie here kills us all.”

 

Jennie’s friends head into the kitchen, she takes a deep breath and it's about to follow when she hears the doorbell ringing.

 

‘If that’s the neighbor here to complain about the noise at two in the afternoon, I swear to God…’

 

She storms over to the front door and yanks it open, but to her surprise it’s not her elderly neighbor standing in the doorway.

 

“Hello, gorgeous.”

 

Stupid, ing hot, y, adorable, lying rockstar.