Taking Over Me

Meet and Greet

An hour, an , a change of clothes and a cleaned floor later, both girls find themselves in front of an amusement park’s gate. And Jennie was ecstatic, she was sure this date would be so romantic. She could already picture Chaeyoung wrapping her arms around her as they rode the ferris wheel.

 

Really it all sounded nice and dandy until Jennie gets hit with the knowledge that they’ll be surrounded by thousands of people. Being seen with Chaeyoung in public was not on her agenda today yet it made her feel excited. It was crazy to think of people photographing them out together in public, but it was electrifying that Chaeyoung didn’t care. But it also made her incredibly nervous, it was the opposite of Jennie’s regular life. She doesn’t know how she’ll handle it or if she’ll be able to do so at all.

 

Damn it.

 

Now she's anxious.

 

“Jen, you okay?” Chaeyoung asks, seeing the brunette bite her lip and looking around nervously.

 

“I’m not ready for this.”

 

“What do you mean?” The vocalist frowned at the sharp tone of voice the brunette used.

 

“For us to be public when we’re not even sure what this is.” Jennie’s hand pointing between the two of them.

 

“This isn’t…”

 

“It’s an amusement park that will be filled with people, what exactly could I be misinterpreting?” Jennie argued. “I’m not ready to be public. You have no idea what that’ll do to me.” She said, clearly upset. “I don’t have the life that you do. My life isn’t glamour, photos, and money. You should’ve warned me.”

 

Chaeyoung reaches for Jennie’s hand and feels thankful when the latter doesn’t pull away, her thumb grazes the top of her hand, comforting her as the brunette’s anxiety builds.

 

“I know my world comes with a crazy amount of . You’re used to privacy and a job that doesn’t come with paparazzi.” The vocalist began to explain, there was a tinge of sadness in her voice. “I thought hard about today. I didn’t come to this decision easily, but I have no plans of compromising your privacy.” She paused as if making sure that Jennie understood that fact before continuing. “I have other sides that make me who I am, Jen. Things that I want you to see and be a part of. What I value has nothing to do with boats, houses, or cars.”

 

Guilt swirls in Jennie’s stomach. She didn’t want Chaeyoung to feel judged, didn’t mean to imply that all she cares about is material stuff. Wordlessly Jennie steps close and wraps her arms around the taller girl as tightly as she can, relief and warmth flooding her chest when the vocalist holds her just as tight for a moment before letting go.

 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I don’t think your life is just glamour, and I never meant to suggest that yo…”

 

“I want you to see me, Jennie.” Chaeyoung interrupts, looking at her and Jennie swears she can see her soul. “I want you to see what makes me who I am, and I promise you, it’s not fame.”

 

“I don’t think that’s who you are, Chae.” Once again guilt floods Jennie, and mentally chastises herself for making the vocalist feel that way.

 

This time it is Chaeyoung who pulls her in close to her, and Jennie breathes in her warm scent, it was as if the vocalist was saying ‘It’s okay, I get it.’.

 

“Let’s go have some fun.”

 

Jennie frowns, did they not just have a talk about this? However before she opens again she actually decides to look around for the first time since they got to the park and notices that there was no one here, not a single car in the parking lot… well .

 

“Um, where is everyone?” She asks, looking around sheepishly.

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t answer. Instead she just gives her a wide grin and pulls the burnette towards the entrance.

 

“Chae, why is no one here?” Jennie asks, wondering if the rockstar actually rented out the whole park.

 

Chaeyoung keeps grinning. “I know your cop senses are tingling right now, but for once just trust me and relax.”

 

“I can relax.” Jennie retorts.

 

“Can you?”

 

“Jennie frowns. “I’m the queen of relaxation. Watch me relax.” She said in a totally super relaxed tone.

 

“So relaxed.” The vocalist nods. She then procures two tickets, and the smiling attendant quickly scans them in.

 

“Is there anyone actually in the park?” Jennie tries again.

 

“Is that worry I hear?”

 

“Mmno, not worry. It’s curiosity you’re hearing.”

 

“Sure, Jen.” Chaeyoung smirked. “To answer your question, there are a few other people here today.”

 

“Namely, Jamie.”

 

“Jamie?”

 

“Jamie.”

 

“Who is this Jamie?”

 

“She’s an eleven year old kid fro…”

 

“Do you have a kid?!”

 

“No! Oh my god, no I don’t!”

 

“Then who is she?”

 

“I was getting to that, so as I wa…”

 

“Oh! Sorry please keep going.”

 

“Yeah I was about to…”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Are you done?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung chuckled. “As I was saying she’s an eleven year old kid from the Make-A-Wish foundation. Her wish was to meet me and ride some roller coasters.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah, so I rented out the park for the day so we can ride until she’s content. We have a big day in store for her.” Chaeyoung said with a smile.

 

This was not what Jennie was expecting, first all she realizes she needed to learn how to listen before opening , second of all her heart is broken in half knowing that the kid is probably sick and third of all she was in awe of Chaeyoung. She took time, and God knows how much money to ensure this little girl has a day to remember.

 

“Rosie, that is so sweet.”

 

The vocalist only gives her an embarrassed shrug. “It’s the least I can do. I live a privileged life, I just want to give back where I can.”

 

Jennie doesn’t answer but instead and without thinking, she grabs the taller girl’s face and pulls her into a kiss.

 

--------------------------

 

The way for a few minutes for the family to arrive. Chaeyoung explained that the kid had no idea of what was in store for her, all she knew was that they were going to an amusement park but had no idea that the vocalist would be there because said vocalist wanted to keep it as much as a surprise as possible.

 

Jennie in the meantime kept thinking how wonderful this was, how wonderful Chaeyoung was. Sure maybe meeting kids was something common for famous people, but whilst others would’ve simply give them a backstage pass or something the woman actually made sure to find out what the little girl liked and arrange it for today because she wanted her to have an unforgettable day, wanted her to forget about the circumstances at least for a day and Jennie was incredibly thankful that the vocalist had chosen to share this with her.

 

Soon enough the family comes in and when Jamie spots Chaeyoung, her eyes get so big. She covers with her hands in shock.

 

“Rosé!”

 

Chaeyoung smiles and walks closer to the girl crouching in front of her. The little girl wastes no time in wrapping her arms around the vocalist's shoulder as tears fill Jamie’s eyes. Jennie subtly swipes at her face, hoping none of her mascara is running.

 

“Jamie, this is my friend Jennie.”

 

The brunette bends down and shakes Jamie’s hand. “Nice to meet you.”

 

“She’s pretty.” Jamie whispers to Chaeyoung, but it was loud enough for the brunette to hear it.

 

“I know.” Chaeyoung whispers back while winking at Jennie.

 

“Do you like roller coasters, Jennie?” The girl asked with excitement.

 

“I love them.” She doesn’t. “I could ride roller coasters all day everyday.” No, she can’t.

 

“Good. You’re going to be my buddy today, okay?”

 

.

 

She’s better call off work tomorrow too, if this is any indication her motion sickness will stay around after today.

 

Double .

 

Chaeyoung on her side gasps in mock offense. “What am I, chopped liver?”

 

“You can come too.”

 

“I guess that’s all I ask.” Chaeyoung said, clearly not offended. “How about we go have some fun, bud? The whole park is ours so there are no lines!”

 

“Awesome!”

 

The kid runs towards one of the rides, meanwhile her mom wraps her arms around Chaeyoung as her daughter stares at the park in awe.

 

“I can’t thank you enough for this. She could never have handled a day with crowds, and you’re her idol.”

 

“I’m happy to do it.” Chaeyoung answers sincerely. “She seems like such a great kid.”

 

“She watches your show each week. She knows everything your character does to save the day.” Then the woman gets serious. “She’s always wanted to be a police officer. It kills me that she’ll never be able to do that.”

 

“If there’s anything I can do…”

 

“You have no idea what this will mean to her. To hang out with you and have a day where it isn’t about cancer and hospitals and medicine.” The woman smiles. “She can just be a kid today.”

 

Jennie remains quiet as she feels for the mother so much. She knows the fear, the anger and the helplessness she feels but seeing her daughter smile will carry her through all the dark days. This gesture will mean the world not only to Jamie but also to Jamie’s family.

 

Chaeyoung turns back to her, taking the brunette’s hand in hers.

 

“My girlfr…” The vocalist pressed her lips together, but Jennie notices her slip up, oh she must definitely noticed.

 

Jennie’s mind spirals thinking that though being her girlfriend would be terrifying, because well commitment and such but it would also be incredible, Chaeyoung was a wonderful woman and honestly the woman of her dreams so the fact that said woman was considering taking that step with her was… wow.

 

Oblivious to Jennie’s spiral, Chaeyoung clears and keeps talking. “Jennie is a police officer. I’m sure Jamie will love hearing real stories from her.”

 

“Oh, if she finds that out, you’re in big trouble.”

 

“I’m happy to take him for a ride should my boss clear it.” Jennie said, snapping out of her spiral.

 

“Mom!” Jamie yells. “You gotta see this!”

 

“Thank you again.” Her mom tells Chaeyoung before walking towards her daughter.

 

The vocalist turns back to Jennie and cups her cheek with her hand. The brunette leans into her touch.

 

“Are you okay with this being our date for today?”

 

“Oh my god. I’m more than okay with it. Thank you for letting me be here.” Jennie answers, her heart skipping a beat at the smile she gets in response.

 

“I have another surprise for you.”

 

“You do?”

 

Chaeyoung’s gaze shifts and Jennie follows it. She cannot believe the surprise in front of her. opening in surprise.

 

“Ella?!”

 

Yes, there she was her sister in flesh and blood, dressed in a pair of jeans, white converse and white shirt, sitting on a wheelchair with a couple of balloons tied to it, none other than Anthony pushing on her chair.

 

“I told you I’d see you.”

 

Jennie runs and crouches down to hug her sister. “How are you here?”

 

“Chaeyoung came by the hospital and told me about her plan for today.” Ella explained pointing at the rockstar who was waiting behind the brunette with a sheepish look.

 

“Chaeyoung! You met Ella?”

 

“Um, yes.” She answers simply. “After our first date. I wanted to spend time with her. She’s important to you, and she’s pretty cool. She likes spiderman.”

 

“Spiderman huh?” Jennie turns to her sister who only stares back at her with a shrug.

 

The brunette couldn’t believe it. Here she was worried about how Chaeyoung would react to her sister, thinking she’d be mad or deemed it a nuisance but instead here she is going out of her way to include her in their lives. At that moment Jennie was incredibly grateful to her for this, so much so that without thinking she rushes towards the rockstar and jumps into her arms and wraps her legs around the taller girls torso as she catches her.

 

“Thank you, thank you, thank you.” Jennie then pulls her head back and plants on the vocalists, pulling her into a deep kiss.

 

There was nothing more she could say or do, because really there were no words to describe how much this meant to her. You see, Jennie doesn’t need fancy things, doesn’t need gifts. She just needs someone to care. She needs to be able to rely on someone.

 

“Get a room!” Her sister calls behind them.

 

Jennie kisses Chaeyoung one more time, sliding her tongue against the aussies for just a moment. The taller girl then lowers Jennie to the ground and the brunette plants another light kiss on Chaeyoung’s cheek.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome, sweetheart.”

 

Jennie then turns to look at her sister who is staring at the rides eagerly.

 

“You two go have fun.” She tells them. “We’ll catch up.” She smiles as she watches the couple walking away with smile and laughter and turns back to Chaeyoung once they are gone.

 

“I don’t think I have thanked you properly.”

 

“You’ve thanked me plenty.” Chaeyoung reassures her.

 

“No. You don’t understand how much all this means to me.” She tells her and once again pulls Chaeyoung’s lips to hers and gives her a soft, sweet kiss. “You brought my sister without me having to ask. Because you knew it would make me happy.”

 

Chaeyoung cups the brunette’s face and presses her forehead to Jennie’s. Her eyes are filled with something that sits on the edge of love.

 

“She’s important to you, which means that if you and I have any chance at a future, she’s important to me too.” She said. “I wanted to meet her and show her that what I’m doing with you isn’t a game. I’m not a girl who s around with people. I’ve been honest about my intentions when it comes to you. I intend to continue that way.” She promises. “I want your heart and I want your trust.”

 

“I think you’re going to win it all.”

 

“I sure plan on it.”

 

After a few seconds of looking at each other, Chaeyoung takes the brunette’s hand and walks towards Jamie and her family. Though the vocalist stops for a moment to massage her leg.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Yeah.” Chaeyoung said, shaking her leg a bit. “Just a cramp. I’m getting old.”

 

“Is the big y rockstar not able to keep up?” Jennie teases.

 

Chaeyoung smirks. “I’ll show you just how well I keep up later.”

 

---------------------------

 

A while later they have gone through the rides, though Jennie only gets on the first one as that was enough for her motion sickness to set in, so she sits the rest down and sits by her sister and Jamie’s mother, cheering the other’s on as they get on the more aggressive rides.

 

It was a perfect day, they have fun, they laugh and she sneaks kisses with Chaeyoung while her sister has fun with Anthony. Jamie had the biggest smile ever and her mom was taking pictures of everything.

 

Finally, late in the afternoon, they retreat to a courtyard to relax and get something to eat. Chaeyoung sits down beside Jennie and puts her arm around the girl. She then plants a kiss on her cheek.

 

“Did you have fun?”

 

“So much fun.”

“I’m glad.”

 

Right now there was only one more thing Chaeyoung could do that made this day even more perfect… a song, because there is nothing more that Jennie loves more than watching the pink haired girl in her element and her voice, her voice is a big plus.

 

“How about you sing us song?”

 

“Oh no, I…”

 

“Yes, Rosé pleaseeee!” Jamie begs. “I’ve never seen you live!”

 

“Oh well we cant have that can we.” Chaeyoung said, because who is she to say no to a kid? Exactly no one, plus she really likes singing. “What you’d like to hear?”

 

“Taking over me!”

 

Ella looks for the song on her phone, playing the song and letting Chaeyoung sing along while they all sit back and listen.

 

My heart is racing

She puts her hands in mine

I feel them shaking

I look into her eyes

 

Chaeyoung starts singing and Jennie’s is in awe of her clear and powerful voice.

 

And I tell her that it's gonna be alright

And I'm never ever gonna make you cry

 

Jennie smiles as she thinks of the memory of the night they met.

 

I'll fix your broken heart

I'll make it beat again

I'll never let you down

On me you can depend

 

It seems like so long ago, but it’s only been three weeks. It’s crazy how fast Jennie’s feelings for the vocalist have changed.

 

You're taking over me

Whoo-uuh-uuh I'm in ecstasy

Whoo-uuh-uuh I just can't believe the love, love, love is taking over me

Love, love, love is taking over me

 

As the next verse comes in, Chaeyoung turns to Jennie, the brunette leans into it, wanting to be serenaded once again and giving Chaeyuong a flirty grin when she reaches for her hand. The brunette keeps her gaze on the vocalist as she continues to sing.

 

This moment feels much more intimate than the concert. She’s not drunk this time, and there’s not a thousand people watching and this time Jennie feels like she truly knows her.

 

If I close my eyes

I can see your smile

I can hear the laugh I love and I can't get enough

I can pull you close in a moment just like this

I can stop the world with only just your kiss

 

Jennie knows her favorite australian didn’t write this song about them but she can't help compare the lyrics to how she feels about her.

 

Touch my skin with your body

Love is taking over me

 

She used to think that love songs were cheesy, but now Jennie’s starting to change her mind. Just what was Chaeyoung Park doing to her?

 

As Chaeyoung finishes Jennie wishes she could freeze this moment in time. If today could last forever, she’d be the happiest woman alive.

 

------------------------------

 

“Hey, Jamie did you have fun today?” Jennie asks the girl who was looking close to falling asleep.

 

“This was the most fun I’ve ever had!”

 

“Same here.” Jennie answers just as enthusiastically.

 

The girl then yawns. “I’m so tired.”

 

“Makes two of us.” Ella says. “I think I’ll spend all day tomorrow sleeping.”

 

Jennie smiles. “I had the best day with you, buddy. I hope you get some good rest.”

 

“Thank you for spending time with me today, Jamie.” Chaeyoung says crouching down to be at the kids level. “I’ll never forget spending the day with you.”

 

“I’ll remember today forever. The best day of my life!” Jamie says with a big smile. “When I go to heaven, I’m going to tell God about today. I’m going to tell him how this was the best day of my life.”

 

Jennie feels a knot form on , the reality of Jamie’s situation hitting a little bit too close to home

 

Chaeyoung smiles while her eyes get glassy, but manages to keep it together. “I hope that day is a long time from now.”

 

After many hugs and photos later, Jamie and her mom are living with big smiles on their faces.

 

“Anthony and I have to go.” Ella then says. “I’m exhausted and need to rest. My head hurts, and my muscles are tight.”

 

“Do you want me to come with you?”

 

“No! No, I’ll be fine, Jen.” Ella reassures her. “Stay with Chaeyoung and come see tomorrow or the day after okay?”

 

Chaeyoung kisses Ella’s cheek and hugs her tight.

 

“Thank you. I really hope you stick around. I haven’t seen my sister this happy… maybe ever.”

 

“I plan to.”

 

Ella then turns to Jennie and the latter pulls her into a hug. “I love you.”

 

“I love you more.” Ella whispers.

 

Once alone Jennie turns back to Chaeyoung taking her hands in hers.

 

“I’m glad I got to spend the day with you, Rosie.” She tells her with a tiny smile. “Today was so much fun. You really don’t know what it means to me to have a day of fun with Ella. it’s great to see her smile.”

 

“It’s great to see you smile too.” Chayoung says, poking the girl's cheek. “I love how you’re always taking care of others, but you need someone to take care of you too.”

 

“You can take care of me any day. Today was amazing.”

 

Chaeyoung steps closer. “I’ll always be here to take care of you, sweetheart.” She said as she pulled her in close, lifting up her face, so Jennie’s eyes met hers.

 

Jennie is almost startled by what she sees. There so much vulnerability there, it was like Chaeyoung was giving her access to her soul and it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

 

“I mean it. I want you to know me. I want to spend every possible day I have in LA with you. I want to win your heart, Jennie.” Chaeyoung says, in a tone that said she was promising to do it. “This is the first time a woman has made me feel this way. Lisa used to say I was wasting time by not settling down, but I think I was biding time until I found you.”

 

Jennie’s heart skips a beat. “You think you were waiting for me?”

 

“I think you make me feel like no one else has. I know that I want to make you proud to be with me.”

 

“I am, Chaeyoung.”

 

Chaeyoung’s thumb brushes her lips seductively.

 

“There are so, so many things I want to do with you, Jen.”

 

“I know where I want to start.” Jennie grabs Chaeyoung’s neck and pulls her into a deep kiss, letting all of her emotions go as she loses herself in the taller girl. “You’ve made a lot of promises about tonight. I’d like to see you keep them.”

 

“Oh believe me, sweetheart. I’m going to blow your mind.”