Lovers v2.0

Meet and Greet

A/N: And we are done! Thank you very much for reading and all the comments!

Hope you enjoy this last chapter!

-------------------

It’s been a few days after that night. Chaeyoung had been released from the hospital with all of her limbs working, she needed a walker but doctors said it was a matter of time and work for them to come back normally. She was let out with instructions to take it easy for a while, a doctor's appointment for follow-up and of course a block of physical therapy scheduled. And Jennie? Well she obviously has not been apart from the girl, even asking for vacations days at work, stopping crime would have to wait.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

Chaeyoung nods, leaning against the railing on her porch. “You baked me a cake for my birthday, and I’m going to eat it.”

Jennie unlocks the door and helps Chaeyoung maneuver inside with her walker.

“God I hate this thing.”

“It’s temporary, love.”

Jennie helps Chaeyoung inside, then sits her down on her living room couch, setting the walker on the side and pulling the coffee table closer to her.

“Besides you know you have to use it, Gramps.”

The vocalist gasps. “Need I remind you, Gramps, you are older than me.”

“And yet, who’s the one using the walker mmm?”

“I swear I’ll kick your once I’m back to normal.”

Jennie smirks. “I like my chances of outrunning you.”

“Thinks she’s all badass because she’s a cop.” Chaeyoung mumbles, clearly teasing. “I’ll show her.”

Jennie chuckles and busy’s herself in the corner while Chaeyoung gets comfortable on the couch.

“You okay?”

Jennie turns to look at her. “You have asked me that like a thousand times to day and the answer is always yes.”

Chaeyoung looks at her sheepishly. “I know, I’m sorry.” She said. “I just know the next few days are going to be stressful.”

It wasn't just about having to take care of her, but it was also the fact that Chaeyoung would be going live on social media tomorrow to announce her condition and their relationship. Her publicist had told them they needed to take care of the situation as everyone saw her coming in and out and yes Jennie was a bit nervous, there’s no turning back from this now. Chaeyoung and her are going public.

“You’re going to do great.” Chaeyoung tells her. “You don’t have to talk if it makes you feel uncomfortable.”

“Didn’t your publicist say they’re going to hound me more if I refuse to speak? She practically demanded I answer questions.”

.”Baby, they are going to hound you no matter what.” Chaeyoung said. “There’s not avoiding that, the beginning will be the worst. After that, some will do something stupid, and they’ll move on.”

The brunette tilts her head. “Basically, you’re saying we should hope for a celebrity show?”

“Yep.”

“See I’ve never understood why people get so obsessed with celebrities.”

The aussie smirks. “But can you understand why people are so obsessed with me?”

“I’m starting to.”

“Good.” Chaeyoung said happily. “So… cake?”

-----------------------------------

The next morning, Jennie stands in her bathroom preparing for the live. She just hopes she doesn’t get a lot of questions. She wants Chaeyoung to handle most of it as she is the expert, but Jennie is happy to talk to. She wants the world to know she loves her.

An hour or so later, she sits next to Chaeyoung on her couch, she made sure to clean and organize everything before hand and asked one of her workmates to lend her a lighting ring, oh yeah Jennie is not half assing this.

She looks at her girlfriend and notices she’s looking at her lap biting her lip. That means she’s nervous.

The brunette takes Chaeyoung’s hand in hers and squeezes lightly, the singer gives her a grateful look in return.

Jennie gets it, she was about to tell the world about her condition for the first time ever, and the brunette wishes she didn’t have to do it. It’s her private life, and she should be able to keep it private. It’s ridiculous that she has to make this announcement.

“Here we go.”

The vocalist starts the live, and ignores all questions regarding the beautiful brunette beside her and focuses on answering those comments asking for a shout out or happy birthdays, it isn’t until a few minutes of talking that she finally answers a comment asking about her health.

“I know you guys are worried.” She said. “i’m okay, first of all, but there is something you guys should know. Six days ago, I fell and hit my head. My fall was due to a condition I was diagnosed with ten years ago.

Jennie holds her breath as Chaeyoung details her ordeal and her years-long struggle with MS.

“My girlfriend, Jennie Kim,” She squeezes her hand and turns to look at her briefly. “Has been at my side throughout the entire ordeal.”

The brunette’s heart beats quickly as Chaeyoung starts to share the details of their relationship, at least those they agreed to share.

“I met her at one of my concerts. I saw her in the crowd, and I knew that I had to meet her. She drew me in instantly.”

Both girls smile as they remembered their first meeting, yes it was a bit of a mess with Jennie running right afterwards, but it was still a beautiful night they shared prior to that.

“That one moment changed my life forever, and I’m so grateful for it.”

Jennie smiles and they both chuckle at the flood of comments they are receiving, all supportive and some very funny.

RSActressé: ‘Excuse Miss Jennie Kim, who allowed you to be this beautiful? Who allowed you??’

Roses&Lilies25: ‘Please they look so cute!’

brtales: ‘Rosie is off the market?? :(‘

Chaeyoung chuckled. “Yes. I’m very much off the market.”

Jennie grins ear to ear.

“Do I plan to move back to LA?” She said reading a comment. “I’m still shooting for the show, but will also make time for my relationship as well. So does that mean I’ll be in LA a lot more? Yes it does.”

teambeyondroses: ‘Are you guys getting married?’

Jennie’s eyes widen and Chaeyoung chuckles, they both turn to look at each other briefly before Chaeyoung turns back to answer the question.

“Yo’ we just started.” She said chuckling. “But I’m serious about this woman. I want the world to know that. So let’s just say I see the potential for it in the future.”

Whoosh.

There went Jennie’s heart a tiny smile forming on her face, knowing her and Chaeyoung’s plans for the future revolved about the same thing.

The brunette kisses Chaeyoung on the cheek, taking her hand and grinning.

They continue with the live until Jennie notices Chaeyoung’s response get shorter which meant she was getting tired and so they both said their respective goodbyes, end the live and proceeded to take a nap right there with Jennie laying down and Chaeyoung resting her head on Jennie’s tummy as the brunette caressed her hair softly.

------------------------

Two Years Later

“Alright LA! Let’s go back in time shall we!”

The crowd cheers as the guitar strums announcing the next song, all the fans recognize it as one of the last singles they band releases before their break.

The drums start and Chaeyoung dances around the stage before taking the mic out of the stand and using it as support as she starts singing.

Dear Whoever,

Do you remember,

It's me old, Whatshername

She walks around the stage and walks towards Lisa, leaning the mic towards her so she could sing the next verse, making the crowd go wild

Can't believe it,

You ain't dreaming,

I don't look quite the same

She chuckles at the reaction as she continues to sing the rest.

Now they call me a queen

And now you're under my spell,

So tell me how does it feel,

Well ...

The blonde smiles as she points at Jennie while singing the lyrics, she gives her a quick wave and goes back to the middle of the stage.

“Wanna hear you guys sing!” She yells as she pointed the mic towards the crow during the chorus:

I'm looking down from the Skyline,

Dancing on the Moonlight

Can you see my name in the stars,

I bet you won't forget me now!

As the chorus finishes she reaches the edge of the stage where she crouches, holding the security guard by the shoulder in a teasing matter:

Hey Whoever

It's been forever

I know you know my name

I heard ya' still tryna' steal my girl

Once again the crowd goes wild as she changed the lyrics from throne to girl and points at Jennie who was dancing with their friends on the sideline, the brunette caught the change and shook her head, the blonde sent a wink at her and shook her head at Kai who trying to hide his face in embarrassment.

The show continues as Beyond Roses continue to sing songs from their first couple of albums, taking everyone on a trip on memory lane.

So much had changed since the last time Jennie was in this concert hall. Her sister passed, Chaeyoung got sick, and Jennie finally figured out how to truly open up to someone again. the later being the best decision she had ever made.

Jennie has spent the last few weeks with Chaeyoung in New York as she finished shooting her show. It had been a hectic two years, but the two of them have managed to spend as much time together as physically possible.

“This is amazing!” Irene exclaimed.

“I could do this all night!” Seulgi mentioned.

“Ugh! BR is not as fun as it was last time.” Jisoo complained.

Jennie frowned. “Why? Because you know them all now?”

“Yeah.” Jisoo said reluctantly. “Your girlfriend is not that hot anymore.”

“Hey!”

“The bassist though…”

Straight from the heart

It's not just physical

I can't take this anymore

Baby, we're just animals

Said bassist turns to look at her just then and sends her wink with a kiss.

Let’s just say Jisoo had no need for s anymore and doesn’t miss her Lisa towel anymore.

The lights dim, and Jennie can’t help but smile as she hears the opening notes of “Lovers”

Chaeyoung plays the notes on her piano as she speaks to the audience. “I’ve got someone very special in the audience tonight.” She said, looking down briefly at the keys. “My girlfriend is here tonight.”

The crowd cheers as they all know who she is talking about. The brunette gave Jisoo her drink as she already knew she was about to be called to the stage. After all, this will always be their song.

“I met her right here a little over two years ago. I’d like to bring her back up tonight and remind her just how much I love her, if you guys don’t mind.”

The crowd is full of ‘Yes!’ and ‘Aws’

“So come on, baby, get out here!”

The brunette walks onto the stage, waving and smiling at the crowd feeling shy but happy at the same time, as soon as she’s close, Chaeyoung gets up and pulls her in close, planting her lips to the brunette’s.

“Say, baby, what if we were lovers?”

Chaeyoung pulls her close as soon as the song starts to play.

If we could leave it all behind

Tell me where we'd go

Coz anywhere with you feels right

As long as we're alone

As Jennie dances with her, she stops caring about the audience or the lights. All that she can see is Chaeyoung and God does she love her.

Wait 50 years

And ask me then

And I'd tell you

I'd do it all again

They continue dancing, looking at each other as nothing else exists in that moment, recreating one of the most meaningful moments of their lives.

What if we were lovers

The song ends and Chaeyoung pulls her even closer, leaning to whisper in her ear.

“Tonight, after the show, wait for me outside our trailer. I’ve got another memory I want to recreate.”

Jennie blushes as she leaves the stage.

“Chu..”

“Yeah…”

“She wants me to wait after the show.”

“Hell yes, she does!” Jisoo cheered. “Let’s just not relieve that part of the night where you make me jump a fence, Jenduk.”

“Shut up.”

The girls all chuckle as they couldn’t believe they had done that when both girls told them the stories of what happened that night.

“There isn’t a woman in this arena who doesn’t hate your right now. Pasta kissed you and sang to you.” Jisoo said, Pasta being the nickname she had for the singer as her stage name reminded her of… you guessed it, the pasta dish.

“What can you do? I’m lucky.”

They all laughed and continued to enjoy the rest of the concert with the rest of the audience.

-----------------------

“Hi, gorgeous.”

“Hey there, y rockstar.”

Jennie meets Chaeyoung in an empty hallway backstage afterwards. The blonde immediately picks her up and spins her around, then sets her down and kisses her nose.

“Let’s go somewhere private.”

“We are not having on the bus.”

“Oh yes we are.”

Chaeyoung picks her up, throwing her over her shoulder as she walks towards the bus, Jennie squeals but lets herself be carried, she knows better than to complain…

When they get to the trails Chaeyoumg lets her down from her shoulder and puts her on her feet, asking her to close her eyes which the brunette complies to.

When she walks in and the blonde tells her to open her eyes, she opens them to see the inside of the tour bus filled with candles and red roses.

Every single surface is covered in rose petals, with a line of petals leading into the bedroom.

“When did you have time to do all this?”

“I had some help, plus I knew it would make you smile.”

ONce again there goes Jennie’s heart, butterflies erupting in the stomach even after all this time everything Chaeyoung does gives her the same reaction. Same could be said for the blonde as well, she practically lives and breathes for everything Jennie does.

Jennie’s hand covers as Chaeyoung gets down on one knee and pulls a black box out of her pocket.

“Jennie Kim, I’ve spent a lifetime waiting for the woman I’d want to share my heart with. We met at this concert hall, we made love on this bus, and you’re the only person I want by my side. So will you marry me?”

Jennie is flooded with absolute joy. She can feel the blood rush to her face.

“Yes! Yes! A million times Yes!”

Jennie kneels next to the blonde, tears in her eyes.

“I want it all, baby.” Chaeyoung said, pulling her as close as possible. “I want you to be my wife. I want us to share everything.”

Jennie takes Chaeyoung’s face in her hands and kisses her deeply, pouring all of her feelings into the kiss.

“I love you so much,”

Chaeyoung pulls out the stunning princess cut diamond she picked out and slides it onto her finger.

“I don’t know why I was living before you.” Jennie said with tears still falling.

“I wasn’t living before you.” Chaeyoung said. “I was waiting.”

“No more waiting.”

------------------------------

Six Months Later

Jennie is in her room, sitting by the couch with her robe on. She hadn’t changed into her dress as make-up was pending. Make up is last as she just knew Ella’s letter would be making her cry a literal ocean and so here she is now, tears falling down her face as her maid of honor read her sister’s letter to her.

“Dear Jen Jen,

You were meant to be loved by someone special. You deserve to have the kind of love mom and dad have.

By the time you read this, you’ll be probably ready to walk down the aisle. Which is nuts, because it feels like just yesterday when I was yelling at you to ‘GET YOUR IN THE CAR OR SO HELP ME I WILL LEAVE YOU.’ Or something like that, because even if you were a responsible cop you were always so late in everything else.

Anyway, I hope you are not late today.

You’re about to be a wife now. Pretty sure you will be an exceptional wife. But before that, you are my sounding board, the one who hears the most ridiculous of my innermost thoughts, the one who knows every word to every single one of my favorite songs and the one who knows every embarrassing moment of life (and never failed to bring them up when the time was “right”). You are my movie quoting partner, the one who thinks I’m funny, even when my jokes , and the voice of reason when I’m being a psychopath. You have always loved every part of me without question, even when I was unlovable.

So you see Jennie? you deserve someone who will give themselves to you as much as you give yourself to everything else. I love you so much and I can’t really express how proud I am of you. I’m sure you will be the most beautiful bride there has ever been.

I have actually a lot of faith in your relationship with Chaeyoung (mind you, I did write another letter in case I was wrong) No matter what happens. no matter how scared you are, I just know you are meant to be with her.

She came to visit me did you know that? We bonded over our love for spiderman and body pains. She’s very funny and she seems to care about you a lot. You better not screw it up Jennie Kim!

And finally, don’t you forget about me. If you’re thinking of the song by Simple Minds, yes. That’s exactly what I mean. Don’t forget about me in all your lovey-doveyness of marriage.

I hope you are happy today. I want you to smile all day, even when you miss me. I’m never far from you because you’re a part of me. I love you much and now that I’m smiling down on you.

Have the perfect day sis.

Love,

Ella

“Oh wow.” Jisoo said as she fanned herself with the letter, looking up to keep her tears from falling.

“Chu, your make up.” Jennie said sniffling.

“It’s okay.” Jisoo said, her voice breaking. “Everything I used was waterproof. I had a feeling we were going to cry.” She said.

Jennie sobs and pulls Jisoo for a hug. “I love you so much.”

“I know.” The other girl whimpered. “I’m amazing.”

They pull away and Jisoo cleans Jennie's face, wiping the tears carefully. “Okay Jendukie, let’s get you ready for your woman. You are ready to start your forever?”

“I can’t wait.”

-------------
 
A/N #2: A new Chaennie fic is already in the oven, so look out for that!
Also start saving money for RS1